DICE Has Handed Over Battle Royale Mode Development to Another Studio

Oskool_007
557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited August 2018

Here's some interesting news. Apparently neither DICE Sweden nor DICE LA are the ones developing Battle Royale Mode for BFV.
mp1st.com wrote:
While DICE has shown a quick teaser of the Battlefield V battle royale mode in its latest trailer released last week, we don’t know a lot of info about the mode so far.

As it turns out, there’s a big reason for that, and it’s due to DICE, which is the main studio developing Battlefield V, isn’t behind the battle royale mode! This was confirmed by the Star Wars Battlefront Global Community Manager Ben Walker, who goes by the username “F8RGE” on Reddit and social media.

F8RGE 217 points 8 days ago
Royale is being made by a different studio, not DICE

https://mp1st.com/news/battlefield-5-battle-royale-being-made-by-a-different-studio-not-dice

This is great news. It allows DICE to concentrate on BFV's core game modes and not get stretched too thin worrying about Battle Royale. I wonder who the mystery studio is developing Battle Royale mode. Criterion Games made magic happen in Star Wars Battlefront II with Star Fighter Assault mode, but they make driving/flight simulator games so I doubt it's them working on it.

I'm not a Battle Royale fan. It's too slow paced for me, but I'm willing to give it a try in BFV.

Comments

• Crimsonforce66
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just sounds like Dice didn't want to add in BR mode but EA forced them to so they outsourced it, So EA can nickel and dime it.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just sounds like Dice didn't want to add in BR mode but EA forced them to so they outsourced it, So EA can nickel and dime it.

EA owns DICE. No such thing as "forced". It sounds like EA does not want to waste development time on it because they already have a lot on their plate. Makes perfect sense.