Reducing Player Friction

Oskool_007
557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited August 2018

Looks like DICE might finally fix the player friction issue which has plagued BF1's movement system.
You’ve also spurred us to make some meaningful improvements to the core gameplay experience, including adjusting the gameplay tempo, improving soldier visibility and reducing player friction. You’ll see a lot of these reflected in our Open Beta that starts on September 6.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/an-update-on-battlefield-5

Getting stuck on teammates is the #1 issue I have with BF1. Especially on maps like Fort Vaux where players bunch up in the hallways and trying to maneuver around your teammates is like playing bumper cars with them.

This is a major flaw in BF1's movement system and I hope it gets fixed in BFV. Guess I'll find out in the Open Beta. I'm glad someone was finally able to bring player friction to DICE's attention.
Post edited by Oskool_007 on

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    12620 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yeah I kinda likened the player friction to running with your squad and tripping them up whilst their laces were undone.

It's not usually a problem any other time, just in that initial push to the first flag
  • Hawxxeye
    5198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    It is the player inertia that they need to increase too.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on