An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

Comments

• crenkel10
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    My prospective as a sniper.
    1. There are some serious rendering issues. I can literally see people behind objects un-zoomed and zooming in the object renders.
    2. You cannot follow your round after 50m. Which is fine but at least give the option to dope the scope.
    3. Ammo! I'm cool with having to get resupplied or running to an ammo cache but can we at least start with full ammo. Instead of having an extra step of spawning next to ammo and grabbing it. It's kind of stupid to add an extra step on a spawn in.

• crenkel10
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rendering Issues
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The more I play it, the more I like it. The gun play feels great, save for the one frames from the STG and there is no grenade spam. I feel like the problem with this game is that I needed to play for several hours to get a good feel for it. The instant gratification junkies are dropping like flies because they don't want to learn a new system. The new problem is that we're going to be stuck with them for the next two years droning on about how they know the game stinks because they played 1-3 hours in the beta which is essentially what happened with Hardline. Hopefully the weight of the game will carry it past the casuals that won't give it a chance.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you not throw med packs with R1 on PS4 anymore? Ammo pouches work but even that not always. If I try to throw med packs to a support it requests ammo. It's kind of hard to use left on d-pad all the time...
  • bmillsy513
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont want to make a thread for this question, but how do you defuse a s-mine? Ive tried shooting it, nothing. Tossed a nade at it, nothing. And there is no option to defuse it? thanks
  • bmillsy513
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    Can you not throw med packs with R1 on PS4 anymore? Ammo pouches work but even that not always. If I try to throw med packs to a support it requests ammo. It's kind of hard to use left on d-pad all the time...

Just have to hope they will add a way to customize controls. For years now I have always set jump for LB or L1 for any fps game I can. That way I can jump and turn at the same time, instead of pulling right thump off of stick to press A. So needless to say I have tossed quite a few nades when I meant to jump in this beta lol.
  • DenkenSieGross
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Slower TTK! Better TTK! Thank you in advance DICE!
  • Vasilij444
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I gave the game another try (see my last post here), but sorry, compared with bf 1 it's just - booooring.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    just fill out the survey, someone / somebot might take note of that
    game is a disappointment (again)
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »

You can only throw one if someone needs one.
  • Squigib0
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna just pass on this Battlefield. And I've owned/played every single one since BF1942. Squads don't stick together, everybody trying to Rambo everything, nobody defends, nobody revives, there isn't squad play.... there just isn't. This just doesn't work for me. And I will bet you dollars for donuts that it will take DICE 2-3 years to get all the issues worked out, just like they've done since I can remember. The mechanics just feel off, and since nobody wants to play (or can't play) as the game is intended, it's just not fun.
  • FoxLightX
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Fix the specialization in the game,
    I accidentally purchased specialization I later regret and now I can't change it, this is stupid. your game isn't rpg or mmo..
    Why you don't give the option to purchase all of the specialization but decide which path you want to go.
    It's feels like I'm playing mmo and need to choose my skills wisely because you can't change it later. wtf
  • FoxLightX
    Also why I need to wait like 10 second to spawn if I already waited too medic 10 second, it's precious time.
    also starting with full ammo would also save time, but you can leave it like that I don't mind,
  • FoxLightX
    edited September 2018
    This post never mind
  • CHUCK_NORIIIS
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    How unlock RADIO BEACON ?
  • TheFightingUsik
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Dear Dice,

I want to like this game but there are so many significant conceptual issues that I'm not even sure I'll be buying it.

You cannot mold your game to force 10 year olds to not play like 10 year olds. To them, they're having fun. And if you insist on molding your game to force squad effectiveness then you alienate the average casual gamer. You can't force people to play the objective, revive, re-supply, etc. So why keep trying so freaking hard? I played the Beta all day today and nothing you've done changed anything from any other BF title I've played. Those who want to play as a team player, will and those who don't, won't. I don't give a damn what YouTubers say, that's just how it is. When I plunk down to spend some time on a BF game, I want to feel like me, myself, and I can make a difference. Like, if I kick ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I can elevate my team, not like I have to depend on my team to be successful. Cuz it is so very rare to get linked up with people who actually care about team play. Let me do my thing. That's the only real counter to the BS. It isn't trying to force it even harder, it's relaxing it.

You shove the attrition system down our throats yet you can't even get the revive mechanic right. Swapping guns on nearly every revive, given or received, in a game just about to launch, that is making a HUGE issue about squad play and attrition, is flat out unacceptable. If you want to push us in this direction these fundamentals need to be absolutely locked down beyond all other factors. I can't see where attrition has added anything positive whatsoever to the game play.

That said, I can't freaking see anybody! And when I do see somebody, I can't instantly tell if they are a good guy or a bad guy. And I can't freaking hear the bad guys. There's footsteps banging around in my headphones like a heard of cape buffalo going by and massive explosions going off, but I can't hear a bad guy running around a corner ten feet away. Here we are again, you want to push a more hardcore type experience but you fail to give us the real time intel we need to play in that manner. How can you mess this up when it was so fundamental to your direction?

You want us to follow you on a new path yet you so mess up the details that we need to go along on the journey. It's totally unacceptable. Stop with the political BS and just make a freaking game. I will go on your new journey and proceed in a new direction if the game supports it and rewards me for it. Otherwise, thanks for putting up the Beta and saving me $60.
  • WereCatf
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Criticisms on the beta:
    • The UI is terrible, so much clicking needed to get around to e.g. customize your weapon. Way too much wasted, empty space, too.
    • Talents? Why? That's just stupid, especially so if you can't reset them like you can't in the beta. To be honest, talents should just be removed entirely.
    • Rifle grenades are just frickin' useless, you have to hit an enemy dead on to kill them, the grenades do absolutely nothing if they explode even 3 cm away from the enemy. Shoot at their feet or on the window-frame when they're sniping out of the window? Nope, like throwing firecrackers! Also, why can't you damage tanks with them at all? Sure, I get that they're not as damaging as bazookas, but you definitely should be able to do at least *SOME* damage!
    • Incendiary-grenades do not continue to burn enemies anymore, they have to actively stand in the flames to take damage. Considering the fact that the area where you even can take damage is like 3cm by 3cm area and the fact that the flames most of the time actually end up inside geometry -- inside walls, up on the ceiling/roof when you throw a nade at the floor and stuff like that --, they're also completely useless.
    • Shoot a bazooka at the feet of three, huddled-together enemies and do... 14 points of damage? Shoot a bazooka right in the face of an enemy and do 0 damage? Maybe it's bugged or something, but the 3cm by 3cm area I mentioned above seems to apply here, too, unless you're shooting at vehicles.
    • Why do you have to exit a battle to change assignments or modify your weapons/talents? That's a ridiculously stupid move.
    • The chat-filter has probably been mentioned before, but nevertheless: it's way, WAY overzealous, the word-choices of what you're filtering out are just some ridiculously idiotic stuff, like e.g. "white man" -- I even got the word "its" filtered out once!
  • shat00n
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    WereCatf wrote: »
    Criticisms on the beta:
    • The chat-filter has probably been mentioned before, but nevertheless: it's way, WAY overzealous, the word-choices of what you're filtering out are just some ridiculously idiotic stuff, like e.g. "white man" -- I even got the word "its" filtered out once!

Were you trying to write "its all white man's fault"?
    jk
  • Damageproof
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Packets loss in Matchmaking, but on direct connect to server losses is gone
  • Damageproof
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Body physics problem