An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

Comments

• Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HARDG0RE wrote: »
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    I hope its delayed due to you making the following adjustments:

1. No women fought alongside men in ww2, especially with metal arms - remove that crap
    2. Planes magically spawn in the air - Add airfields and aircraft carrier's for fighter aircraft to take off from.
    3. Bring back the theme track from Battlefield 1942 and 1943 - its more authentic
    4. Bring back Wake Island and Iwo Jima from 1943.

If Dice is struggling to deliver authenticity, i would suggest watching Band of Bros.

Semper Fi

Are you struggling with the meaning of authenticity?

Are you struggling not to be a ****?

No, I'm actually asking.

Also, this:

1. No women fought alongside men in ww2, especially with metal arms - remove that crap
    2. Planes magically spawn in the air - Add airfields and aircraft carrier's for fighter aircraft to take off from.
    3. Bring back the theme track from Battlefield 1942 and 1943 - its more authentic

If Dice is struggling to deliver authenticity, i would suggest watching Band of Bros.

Semper Fi

Authenticity is fact driven.

and this:

Semper Fi

Battlefield 1943 and 1942 were authentic. Even the Battlefield theme tune felt authentic.

....kind of "in conflict" don't you think?
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Semper Fi

Are you struggling not to be a ****?

No, I'm actually asking.

Also, this:

Semper Fi

Authenticity is fact driven.

and this:

Semper Fi

Battlefield 1943 and 1942 were authentic. Even the Battlefield theme tune felt authentic.

....kind of "in conflict" don't you think?

Answered already...

Authentic to Battlefield 1942 and 1943
    Authentic to WW2

• LOLGotYerTags
    14649 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @HARDG0RE
    Keep it constructive, And please don't attack others here, That will get your account actioned quicker than Jeremy clarkson pulling out a hammer to "fix" a car
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @HARDG0RE
    Keep it constructive, And please don't attack others here, That will get your account actioned quicker than Jeremy clarkson pulling out a hammer to "fix" a car

My comment was constructive until the Dice Police came on and twisted my comments. Not everyones comments are gonna smell like roses and look pretty.

Dice have annoyed the community.
    Its time to make things right
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14649 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @HARDG0RE

My comment was constructive until the Dice Police came on and twisted my comments. Not everyones comments are gonna smell like roses and look pretty.

As soon as you start attacking others and begin namecalling ( this isn't pre-school you know ).. It violates the rules.

So bear this in mind if you wish to continue using the forum as a platform for discussing all things battlefield.

The forum rules are here

Please abide by them moving forward.

Thank you.
  • PR0V069
    edited August 2018
    @HARDG0RE

As soon as you start attacking others and begin namecalling ( this isn't pre-school you know ).. It violates the rules.

So bear this in mind if you wish to continue using the forum as a platform for discussing all things battlefield.

The forum rules are here

Please abide by them moving forward.

Thank you.

Your quick at issuing threats arent you?

Is it any wonder the community is angry at dice!

My initial post highlighted what i think is missing from Battlefield V and recommendations on how to Keep it authentic to the franchise and ww2.

The replying post was an attempt to undermine my opinion.

Do you think that's acceptable?

The reply
  • hunk2
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Story mode, how long it will be BF V?
    Will reach at least 7-8 hours?

I would enjoy a long and enjoyable campaign, I liked BF1 campaign but I think it was very short!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited August 2018

Your quick at issuing threats arent you?

It is not a threat, It is a promise of action if you continued to violate the rules we have here on the forum.

Discussion of moderation is one such rule, Namecalling ( flaming and baiting others ) is another 2 separate rules you violated in your previous response.

Is it any wonder the community is angry at dice!
    You can be angry or frustrated to your heart's content, This however is not a free pass to violate the rules without consequence.

My initial post highlighted what i think is missing from Battlefield V and recommendations on how to Keep it authentic to the franchise and ww2.
    And that's fine.
    The replying post was an attempt to undermine my opinion.
    That post has been dealt with.
    Do you think that's acceptable?

The reply

As above, It is now dealt with.

Now let's get back on topic without the hostility.

Cheers.
  • Van_Squished
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    A realistic, well-tested, and working product is better than rushing out junk for the sake of timescales. First impressions will stick - a delay will soon be forgotten. My first impressions of the Closed Alpha were that this is a brilliant game. :) PS the new date is my birthday!
  • Van_Squished
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018

Semper Fi

1. Strange then that so many women were killed in Russia, Norway, Belgium and France etc
    2. It's a game!
    3. "Authentic" would be a thin, reedy, narrow frequency, rendition - I prefer the modern technology version
    4. I'd prefer to have more new material - not a reissue of previous games.
    "Band of Brothers" - this is a film, based on a book, based on interviews of people actually involved - but not sure liberating the death camps is suitable game material. A game is always going to be a game - not a military simulation - although realism is always a factor.
    Post edited by Van_Squished on
  • PR0V069

Semper Fi

1. Strange then that so many women were killed in Russia, Norway, Belgium and France etc
    2. It's a game!
    3. "Authentic" would be a thin, reedy, narrow frequency, rendition - I prefer the modern technology version
    "Band of Brothers" - this is a film, based on a book, based on interviews of people actually involved - but not sure liberating the death camps is suitable game material. A game is always going to be a game - not a military simulation - although realism is always a factor.

Oh so BF5 must be Perfect then?

The pre order sales must be at an all time high
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Semper Fi

2. It's a game!

Oh so BF5 must be Perfect then?

The pre order sales must be at an all time high

Lmao is this how you argue?

The guy literally said none of that, nor did he even imply something similar. If you're going to present an argument and, after someone refutes your points, come right out of the gate with a blatant strawman, you may as well not waste your time.

Because people here, like myself, are gonna call you out on it.

As for your points, you are definitely mixing up authenticity with realism. Being authentic means the subject of discussion is of undeniable origin. Like the prosthetic arm, it is undeniably from the 1940s era and no doubt used on soldiers who lost limbs in the war.

That arm is authentic to the time period the game is set in.

Whereas realism is the attribute of being true to life or real life events, or the act of portraying a subject in a way that is true to life.

Your issue is actually that things are not being presented in a REALISTIC fashion. Just like women, they were authentic to the ww2 time period, women definitely fought in ww2 - but the game uses them in an unrealistic manner.

This is justifiable as literally the entire game presents ww2 in an unrealistic but authentic fashion. From weapons to vehicles, to character models and game mechanics - the WHOLE thing is unrealistic as hell.

But it's not like that's a negative, because literally every single BF game ever made was approached this way.

Even the modern era titles still use weaponry and vehicles that are authentic to the time period they're set in, despite the entire war in those games, a WW3 between US, CN, and RU, being completely made up and featured in locations all around the world that are equally as made up.

BF1, the only other full BF game featuring a historic setting in recent memory, is about as historically inaccurate and unrealistic of a ww1 game anyone can play. But it still ONLY uses things authentic to the time period. It's not like people are running around with an m16 in the fields of France.

So IMO the entire argument for more historical accuracy and realism (which is what all of them boil down to) are completely pointless and needn't be brought up if we consider the history of literally the entire franchise.

It's sort of ironic really - people will lambast DICE for not respecting the history of ww2, as they simultaneously disrespect the history of the game franchise in question.

@Loqtrall

These numbers are really interesting; feel free to add any others I've missed

Verdun
    https://steamcharts.com/app/242860

Tannenberg
    https://steamcharts.com/app/633460

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2
    https://steamcharts.com/app/35450

Day of Infamy
    https://steamcharts.com/app/447820

Day of Defeat: Source
    https://steamcharts.com/app/300

Post Scriptum (this is the most ironic one personally)
    https://steamcharts.com/app/736220

Battalion
    https://steamcharts.com/app/489940

I couldn't find charts for Hell Let Loose

~
    Call of Duty: WW2
    https://steamcharts.com/app/476620

~

I mean the writing in on the wall. As much as the vocal "angry majority" scream and Carry On (the irony is not lost on me) they ARE in fact the minority else why would these more realistic and historically accurate titles of both ww1 & ww2 struggle for players. Hell even all together they don't even equal anywhere near the "dislikes" on the bfv reveal trailer; I don't even think it would equal 100k if we count every single number ever as an individual player (when we now for a fact that's not true)

Jesus who would've thought adding a female gender OPTION would get so many people in a twist; because I don't see anyone getting lathered up over total freedom of weapon choice regardless of faction or date, I don't see anyone demanding that matches should be a fixed result based of the battle e.g. British always winning Norway operations but always losing Rotterdam etc etc.

It would've made some sense if those same people if not number of people have been complaining about historical accuracy, realism and general accuracy (regarding modern titles) since 1942 or at least their first battlefield title; alas that's a negative.

I never EVER had anyone or even seen anyone bring up the Runner war story complete and total fiction of two ANZACs being there and leading attacks let alone being 50% of attacking force at Cape Helles and Archi Baba yet are nowhere to be seen in places they actually fought such as the Somme, Ypres, St Quentin, Amiens (which the battle is made up in bf1), Suez and Sinai.

I brought those up and got nothing back but "shut up and be thankful the ANZACs are even in the game you ungrateful git".

So if that's okay; the option to be a female and the ability to customise your soldiers should be totally fine.

• PR0V069
    The dislikes on the reveal trailer says it all. Nobody wants to see british women with claw arms in the game as it's historically inaccurate.

A WW2 game based on what we seen in the media and movies sounds good, at least it'll be more accurate and authentic.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The dislikes on the reveal trailer says it all. Nobody wants to see british women with claw arms in the game as it's historically inaccurate.

A WW2 game based on what we seen in the media and movies sounds good, at least it'll be more accurate and authentic.

Yeah 12 million views, 464k dislikes with many being the typical hatewagon mob method of "Simon says Press the dislike button on a YouTube video that will show them"

*Laughs in IW*

So you want bfv then? Because the movies and media also are filled with errors and total fluff or does a woeman threaten your 'masculinity'?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And yet the other videos the likes overpower the dislikes.

Kinda throws that out the window doesnt it?
  • PR0V069
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

If that's the case what's the point in this thread? Why does Dice wan't the communities feedback?

I'd say there is more negativity surrounding Battlefield V than Dice contemplated!
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

If that's the case what's the point in this thread? Why does Dice wan't the communities feedback?

I'd say there is more negativity surrounding Battlefield V than Dice contemplated!

Pressing a button that increases like/dislike counter on a YouTube video is not how you give feedback on the game.