An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

Comments

• drquinnell
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Enjoying the beta there are a few things that need sorting the holy crafic site when looking through it you can't see the enemy when it's dark so the glass needs changing for a lighter one i don't know how but your work it out not enough ammo need just a little bit more c4 and rpg need to do more damage to tanks it's like hitting it with a tennis ball and in my view there should be a limit of snipers on the maps like conquests other wise no one will play the objectives it's like having 20 tanks on the map of more and you would not do that .that would not be fun for no one and the other thing lose the death score like battle front 2 every player plays the objectives other than that really having fun keep the hard work
  • Skyfufu
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Respawn timer stock and that reflex sight is way too dark
  • Lord_Tedlicious
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    A few Things I did not Like

1. Too many distractions on screen while playing , the scaling of the UI needs to be adjusted, all the info on the screen playing at 1080p at default UI scale looks to large, also the rewards etc flashes and distracts during gameplay.

2. I had to exit the game few times to go to the Armory to buy new weapons or visualizations with in game coins, Any reasons why it cant be done within the re-deployment screen without leaving the game ?

3. Overall the movement of the game is more reminiscent of BF3/BF4 gameplay in terms of movement fluidity and response not as fluid and responsive as in BF1.

I know that the third point is a little vague , because its hard to explain :smile:
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone know what types of deaths you can't be revived from? There were several deaths a round that would send me to the respawn screen directly and yet I would get head shotted by a sniper and would be still revivable. I'm thinking that it must have been a glitch.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone know what types of deaths you can't be revived from? There were several deaths a round that would send me to the respawn screen directly and yet I would get head shotted by a sniper and would be still revivable. I'm thinking that it must have been a glitch.

T1gge already confirmed it was a bug working on being squashed for the final release. It's supposed to be a triggered death from some sort of specific types of kills, but it's happening randomly in the beta regardless of what kills you.
  • kezg
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So far the only class i like is medic. i hate the lmg's so far.... sniper is ok but, love cracking a head shot.
    I wish we had availability of Grand operations and tides of war here in oz.
    (PC master race)
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone else feel like they primarily die from the STG? I feel like another Hellriegel could turn me off from this game.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Compass - instead of putting it on the mini map, could you please add it to the top of the screen similar to the way pubg does it? Or have it in both places? Either way, I think it makes more sense to have it at the top of the screen?
  • MotchiMoose
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    But we’re going to take our time to make sure we get it right.

Brave comment.

I'm ok with the extra time. I would rather more developers did the same tbh, too many Publishers rush a game out purely because the date said so. It's killed a lot of games. Let the Devs be happy with their creation first.

Also with the release of another prominent shooter in October I think it's probably wise too for a lot of speculative reasons.

• VIDSICIOUS
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Anyone know if maps will feature more vehicles like BF4? So far it has the look of COD. Very underwhelmed with this game.
  • snakeeyes00
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PS4 - Aircraft

Finally got sometime in the planes.
    (bug) In the spitfire 3rd person was all sorts of crazy, but 1st person was fine. Only happened once so far.
    Bomber - couldn't figure out if you could look down or not for a bomb run like you could in BF1.

repair didn't always work - got the circle one time and couldn't repair.
    Not sure if possible but can an aircraft reload ? if so where ? Bombs are on a very long timer.

Hope to see the B17, B25 or B29 in BF5.

B17 would be interesting if you had 1 pilot/bombardier and 3-4 gunners B17 had 6+ but that might be a little much.
  • PR0V069
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now this is a Battlefield

When the original theme track comes on.... B
  • maldarker
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ugh why change the movement mechanics from BF1 when that was working? Add a on your back mechanic if you want but feels way to fluid like and not i a good way fluid.
  • snakeeyes00
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PS4 - Aircraft - From the ground it's hard to determine friend from foe, please increase the red indicator visibility.

PS4- ground - tank mechanics seem off. Very erratic at times when trying to aim. BF4 & BF1 tanks where much better.
    TTK -sometimes feels ok other times feels way too fast. Half the time I can't even find cover, it's like 1-2 seconds dead if that. Most time I never even see where it came from. I see snipers and Assault becoming fast favorites. Snipers - distance, Assault - kill time. Assault rifles are very good at quick kills compared to the sub-machine and machine guns.
  • BoZzMyster1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Compass - instead of putting it on the mini map, could you please add it to the top of the screen similar to the way pubg does it? Or have it in both places? Either way, I think it makes more sense to have it at the top of the screen?

I'd like to second this for BF V, I find it personally to small to read at a glance, I'd like to see it across the top of the screen as in many other fps, and I know many of my friend feel the same, but other than this even as a beta top job guys :)
  • ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    While I still look forward to your new stuff. At the end of the day I end up back at Battlefield 3. I like the ammo resupply on the map. The game seems a little too fast to enjoy as much as BF3, it's easy to have a few beers in a round of BF3 I was finding it hard to take a sip in BFV haha

I wasn't keen on the snow map, liked the city map but wanted to venture out into the water on a boat and hoon around a bit sort of like you can on BF4 Seige of Shanghai Map. I would like a map a bit like Harvest Day from Bad Company 2 I like being able to get out on the open fields and find a spot to drink my beer :)

Overall i'm sort of hoping the Single Player is awesome, massive, intense and addictive. I still enjoy playing the Bad Company 2 Single Player. I miss the helicopters which is probably why I like BF3 more than the other releases. I don't mind them in BF4 but they can't take damage like they can in BF3.

If you can later expand on the Single Player in the game by adding an extra series to it i'm sure it would be my go to game for when I CBF'd playing Multiplayer.

What I dislike about BF1 is waiting for the right amount of players before a round starts, this is when you should have bots on the map not to make it a full server but to make it good enough for a few players to use for practice, warming up etc against some bots that will play by the rules.

I've Pre-Ordered and don't care when it is released. If you can extend the Beta by adding more maps it would be welcomed especially some Beer Binge worthy maps :P
  • GhostDog68
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well after playing the beta I am very disappointed. This doesn't feel like a bf game at all. My biggest complaints with the current state of the game are; 1. I can't see enemies unless they are either in the wide open with a contrasting background or shooting. Far too many dark areas where you can't see enemies. 2. No incoming shots indicator. There is no way of knowing which direction you're being fired at until your dead. 3. No traditional marking of enemies, which is a bf staple. If spotting stays this way i will not purchase this game. The changes (in which imo there are far too many) I like are; 1. weapon customization.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    This game feels like it is in pre alpha on pc, It feels like unfinished BF1/SWBF2.
    BFV has same movement, models, textures, player rag doll system, physics etc from BF1/SWBF2 only improvement is particles and lighting.
    Tanks movement is like in some indie war game very clunky similar to BF1 but somehow worse.
    It is full of bugs and if they menage to fix it it will be at most similar to BF1/SWBF2.
    They didn't bring anything from older bf titles like bullet drop, player movement, recoil etc.
    New mechanics are still quirky. They wanted to put many new stuff in this game but it is far from finished game and all that new mechanics are more damaging than good bc they are unfinished, even if they are finished some of those wouldn't work.
    Music in menus is sad and not stimulating to go for war, its not bad music but it is not pumping u for war.
    Maps feel empty it doesn't feel like war game.
    BFV is like Dunkirk movie u spend 3 hours of playing for 5 minutes of war.
    It is always 4vs1, 2vs1 or 1vs1 or rarely at best 4vs4 but i still didn't play game where there is all 64 players at same spot.
    That commentator is talking to much in last game he said dog 1000 times in one minute it was so annoying i jumped from the bridge in Rotterdam , u revive guy and he tells u cheerios mate or something like that, it doesn't feel like war but some cartoon or something.
  • ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game feels like it is in pre alpha on pc, It feels like unfinished BF1/SWBF2.
    BFV has same movement, models, textures, player rag doll system, physics etc from BF1/SWBF2 only improvement is particles and lighting.
    This is why they have Beta, for your feedback :)

• wiemerarturo
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi guys so far I'm enjoying the beta on ps4. Here are some insights I think should be taken into account for a better gaming immersion.

1. We need a better 3d spotting. It is hard to determine friends from enemies specially on aircrafts. Marking position is useless. This foster camping.

2. Killcam is inaccurate. It is hard to see where the enemy was before a casualty. Killcam from bf1 was much better.

3. Bombers need a spot cam or alike, like the one from bf1, again it is hard to "see" where the enemies are.

HDR effects need more improvements. The game looks stunning but there are some areas too dark and too bright, specially on Rotterdam map.