An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

Comments

• Gom3R
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Slow down the gamepace by 10 %. When spectating the runspeed looks idiotic at best. Battlefield 2 had it right. Now its just a mess.
  • Sgt-GBH
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    glad i didnt pre order what a load of garbage
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sgt-GBH wrote: »
    glad i didnt pre order what a load of garbage

Its far from garbage. They are circling around something good, its just not there yet.

• B3ast_1n_B3d
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with DICE is they always need to change everything, they just can't improve things that were good and leave them alone. When i went from BF4 to BF1 i was like what is this crap? And now after playing the beta of BF V i'm asking myself the same question, why does it feel and play so different regarding BF 1?
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with DICE is they always need to change everything, they just can't improve things that were good and leave them alone. When i went from BF4 to BF1 i was like what is this crap? And now after playing the beta of BF V i'm asking myself the same question, why does it feel and play so different regarding BF 1?

You probably need to ask the people that say that it is a direct reskin of BF1.
  • JohnMatrix666
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018
    I almost skipped the entire beta because I thought I wouldn't like it anyway and that I wouldn't spend my money on the game. Downloaded it anyway and I'm glad I did because now I know for sure that I absolutely loathe it and thus won't be tempted to buy it when it's on sale.

- We're, what, like a month from release but I'm still getting constant packet loss that gets especially bad as soon as someone starts shooting at me. It's not my connection, every other game seems to work fine and my ping is constantly under 40. It's not my hardware either since other games of similar caliber work fine.

- Everything feels, I don't know, floaty... Some of it is probably due to the constant packet loss but even during the rare moments when it doesn't occur everything just feels kinda off. No matter what you do, it just feels like there's little to no feedback at all. The guns have a real pea shooter feel to them, TTK is ridiculous, getting hit, falling from high places etc. don't give you a clear indication that you've been hurt. Movement feels like I'm just a floating pair of hands and a gun, snipers have no scope sway whatsoever etc.

- Damage models feel strange. Again, some of it probably has to do with the packet loss but it's still really weird.

- The maps are meh. Visually appealing but the destruction has been toned down from BF1, a game that was already lackluster in that department. They're crammed full of stuff to the point where there's just too much clutter and the new fortification mechanics make it even worse.

- Not a fan of starting with two mags and having to find a supply point or that one teammate who drops ammo. The self-healing system also feels overly complicated. Just have regenerating health or remove the regenerating health entirely, don't half **** it.

- The UI is counter-intuitive and seems to have a ton of bugs. Why can't I unlock stuff mid-match? Why can't I quit between rounds? Why is there an option for the squad leader to leave the game and take the squad with them without even asking the squad? Why can't I switch squads half the time? Why is nothing explained properly?

- The critical death bug that sends you to the spawn screen to wait until you're killed again really baffles me. What is a critical death? Why does it activate AFTER I've already been revived?

- The vehicle animations are way too long

- What is up with spotting?

- Other stuff I probably forgot

I was thinking about boycotting the game just because the devs were being obnoxious and acted as if they were above all criticism, and because it's EA but now I have a ton of actual reasons not to buy it. So... Thanks for the beta, I guess?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I finally had the opportunity to play and man have to say really liked the game.

Gunplay is smoother in my opinion. Dont like the fast TTK...and what I find weird is time to being killed "feels" much faster than time to kill.

I do miss the sporting but haven't had a hard time seeing enemies. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between an ally and enemy...you dont see a blue or green dot, then that's an enemy.

Game is more tactical...but tons of cover to play tactially.

What I dont like though is that it's hard for me to tell if I'm crouched or standing. I wish they had a person icon in the lower icon to show what position you are in.

All in all...really digging the game. Glad a preordered.
  • CLonGy
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Played bf since forever, the beta is absolute bore, lost the fun. Hope your sales are destroyed. Turned the game into a slow paced bore fest of just waiting a week for no one to revive you and running out of ammo. The stations suck too. Congrats. I’m going the dark side. COD!
  • Leschke997
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion, reducing amount of bullets was huge mistake. I play every Battlefield and as far as I remember, I had only few situations when I ended without ammo. In Battlefield V it happens all the time. It doesn't make gameplay more "tactical" as some people say, it just irritate me during rounds. inb4 I also play R6: Siege which is one of the best tactical games and... you have plenty of ammo there. Nobody complain about it there. I hope DICE will give us more ammo, e.g. 4 mags + 2 or 3 from resupply
  • NainConPetant
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    You killed my Battlefield,

You guys created BF 2 AND IT WAS THE THING

Bf1 was a flop and hold me from preorder bf 5, now i know i will not buy bf5, you had a chance to bring back something like BF 2, you **** it up again.

You lost a customer untill a BF 2 REMAKE

Below are opinions that reflect my thoughts.
    Gom3R wrote: »
    [...] Battlefield 2 had it right. Now its just a mess.
    Personally I have to say that I think this release is an absoulute pile of stinking, shimmering brown stuff.

I detest BF1 with every fibre in my body and really hoped this would be a return to form because I thought they couldn't possibly make a game as bad as that again. On the bright side it isn't worse, annoyingly it's every bit as bad. After 3 hours of playing, I am already considering uninstalling it - the only reason I'm not is because a few friends can't try it till tomorrow - even that being the case, I don't think I can take another night of it.

I am so glad I didn't pre-order it, to me it's just BF1 with a new skin. The maps look the bloody same and the gameplay is basically identical. It's clear to me that the people creating the games now have never played the originals, beacuse if they had, they would never put their name to this game. It's another total embarrasment to the name of Battlefiled. I know it's only a beta but there are so many issues in game which people before me have mentioned. If you think they will fix them before release, dream on. This will most likely be the release with umpteen patches being required to make it work - saying that, you can only polish a **** so much.

I was always a Battlefiled player and was happy to mock the COD sheep. Sadly I only see Battlefield following the route of COD, where making money comes well before making a good game. As Dice now only care about money and are happy to follow the COD business plan, I wish they would take BF2 (even with all of its flaws) and update it with new graphics and sound. I don't care that it's an old game, it's still way better than any of the new incarnations. It's the only way they will get any more money from me in the foreseable future.

I'm not done yet with Battlefiled as I can still play some of the older games online. When those servers close, then I will close the door on what was once an amazing experience.

I almost skipped the entire beta because I thought I wouldn't like it anyway and that I wouldn't spend my money on the game. Downloaded it anyway and I'm glad I did because now I know for sure that I absolutely loathe it and thus won't be tempted to buy it when it's on sale.

- We're, what, like a month from release but I'm still getting constant packet loss that gets especially bad as soon as someone starts shooting at me. It's not my connection, every other game seems to work fine and my ping is constantly under 40. It's not my hardware either since other games of similar caliber work fine.

- Everything feels, I don't know, floaty... Some of it is probably due to the constant packet loss but even during the rare moments when it doesn't occur everything just feels kinda off. No matter what you do, it just feels like there's little to no feedback at all. The guns have a real pea shooter feel to them, TTK is ridiculous, getting hit, falling from high places etc. don't give you a clear indication that you've been hurt. Movement feels like I'm just a floating pair of hands and a gun, snipers have no scope sway whatsoever etc.

- Damage models feel strange. Again, some of it probably has to do with the packet loss but it's still really weird.

- The maps are meh. Visually appealing but the destruction has been toned down from BF1, a game that was already lackluster in that department. They're crammed full of stuff to the point where there's just too much clutter and the new fortification mechanics make it even worse.

- Not a fan of starting with two mags and having to find a supply point or that one teammate who drops ammo. The self-healing system also feels overly complicated. Just have regenerating health or remove the regenerating health entirely, don't half **** it.

- The UI is counter-intuitive and seems to have a ton of bugs. Why can't I unlock stuff mid-match? Why can't I quit between rounds? Why is there an option for the squad leader to leave the game and take the squad with them without even asking the squad? Why can't I switch squads half the time? Why is nothing explained properly?

- The critical death bug that sends you to the spawn screen to wait until you're killed again really baffles me. What is a critical death? Why does it activate AFTER I've already been revived?

I was thinking about boycotting the game just because the devs were being obnoxious and acted as if they were above all criticism, and because it's EA but now I have a ton of actual reasons not to buy it. So... Thanks for the beta, I guess?

Post edited by NainConPetant on
  • contractor1986
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    War is slower paced at times and clunky. Fighting the environment amd the visibility is often a huge problem. You cant paint a red dot that floats on the enemies head for all your allies to see. And a huge part of it is learning to identify targets. Medical attention isnt instantaneous. The way to win a firefight is to see first and get the first accurate shots off. And you are only as strong as your weakest squad member. So to the developers of this game this is what you said it would be. Its realistic and immersive. You cant always tailor a game to everyones strengths. To me this game is not about how good i can be at it, but how realistic the battles and the immersiveness is. I think you have done a great job with that in this game and i am impressed. I know the bugs will get worked out and it will be a great game in the end.
  • snakeeyes00
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PS4 - Spawn Maps

Can you change the color of the vehicle spawn selector (i guess you would call it that) very difficult to see as white against snow map or sky. Maybe a bright blue or green - purple even? Something to make it stand out against the background.

Ground - definitely some bugs with the healing of players. Most of the time it works - had a few where it wouldn't let me as a medic. Then I wasn't sure I was a medic any more. It should that I was but my equipment seemed as if i switch to the engineer. It was after heal/revive.

• Adam1977UK
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zviko0 wrote: »
    JensAL1 wrote: »
    TTK IS TOOO FAST! Maybe this crazy stuff work for PC players... But it does not work for console players...

I love it on PS4.

So do i, and i hope it stays this way, but i have a feeling it's going to get nerfed just like previous titles. I bet people don't complain about the time it takes to kill, rather it's how quickly they die.
  • Chris_Waddl3
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Personally I have to say that I think this release is an absoulute pile of stinking, shimmering brown stuff.

I detest BF1 with every fibre in my body and really hoped this would be a return to form because I thought they couldn't possibly make a game as bad as that again. On the bright side it isn't worse, annoyingly it's every bit as bad. After 3 hours of playing, I am already considering uninstalling it - the only reason I'm not is because a few friends can't try it till tomorrow - even that being the case, I don't think I can take another night of it.

I am so glad I didn't pre-order it, to me it's just BF1 with a new skin. The maps look the bloody same and the gameplay is basically identical. It's clear to me that the people creating the games now have never played the originals, beacuse if they had, they would never put their name to this game. It's another total embarrasment to the name of Battlefiled. I know it's only a beta but there are so many issues in game which people before me have mentioned. If you think they will fix them before release, dream on. This will most likely be the release with umpteen patches being required to make it work - saying that, you can only polish a **** so much.

I was always a Battlefiled player and was happy to mock the COD sheep. Sadly I only see Battlefield following the route of COD, where making money comes well before making a good game. As Dice now only care about money and are happy to follow the COD business plan, I wish they would take BF2 (even with all of its flaws) and update it with new graphics and sound. I don't care that it's an old game, it's still way better than any of the new incarnations. It's the only way they will get any more money from me in the foreseable future.

I'm not done yet with Battlefiled as I can still play some of the older games online. When those servers close, then I will close the door on what was once an amazing experience.
  • LemonEddy
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Aside from all technicals problems, which are a very big load, I'd like to know how am I supposed to play as assault with 60 bullets. That's totally insane. I mean you can go around with 80 pistol ammo but just two magazine of AR. Then if you find an enemy with that bugged stg BAM, you're dead. With those high rpm rifles you'll empty your magazine in two fights. So you'll have the constant anxiety to find a place to refill your ammunitions which will take apart all the emphasis on the game.
    Same points about health.
    I see that developers have tried to change the pace of firefights but this is not the way. These additions will not give a technical plus to the game. They will only make it frustrating and it will give back player a pretty annoyinng experience. Moreover this will enforce people to camp instead of launch themselves on offense.
    I've played a little and the game gave me a "muddish" sensation. It feels like there's some sort of input lag. Everything feels slow and seems poorly refined in some way. The only super fast thing is the death. You just hear a sound like "pleh pleh" and you're dead without even being able to localize the origin of the bullets.
    The sound aspect of the saga has always been pretty neat but here there's something wrong. It sounds muffled and very poor immersive.
    Maybe with a very big effort the game will be enjoyable but it won't be ready for November, that's sure.
    Anyway things will only get worse if the major worry will be selling the highest number of copies of the game.
    Last but not least in few days they'll give away the premium pass for Bf1 so they'll give players another good reason to not buy BfV in two months. I don't know much about the world of marketing but giving away valuable pieces of the game like treats sounds a little offensive. Expecially for who less than a year ago bought Bf1 revolution which was in turn another devaluation of the game.
  • angeloranger13
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018
    This is my firts impressions in the Beta
    1.The tanks move are very slowly, it is difficult to rotate and reverse them
    2.There are too many bugs when i respawn with my squad , it stays frozen on the map
    3.The sniper rifle only kills with a headshot , but in the all body only takes a maximum damage its 55, thats injust , the pistol , take more damage than an sniper rifle .
    4. The particle of snow in corners of the house are so annoying, its beautiful , but there are so many , its dificult to see the people
    I really liked the game ,but it needs to be more :/ polished

im from PC
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

Agree with almost eveything you point out. I'll give the beta a few more tries but right now I'm underwhelmed, big time.
    I really don't see how this game will be ready for release in November.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    So I finally had the opportunity to play and man have to say really liked the game.

Gunplay is smoother in my opinion. Dont like the fast TTK...and what I find weird is time to being killed "feels" much faster than time to kill.

I do miss the sporting but haven't had a hard time seeing enemies. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between an ally and enemy...you dont see a blue or green dot, then that's an enemy.

Game is more tactical...but tons of cover to play tactially.

What I dont like though is that it's hard for me to tell if I'm crouched or standing. I wish they had a person icon in the lower icon to show what position you are in.

All in all...really digging the game. Glad a preordered.

The reason it feels like you're dying fast is because you're being killed by a high ping or oor player!

You realize I'm kidding , right vball?
  • B3ast_1n_B3d
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You probably need to ask the people that say that it is a direct reskin of BF1.

Dude it may be a more colorful reskin of BF 1, but i'm saying how i experience this, it feels different playing compared to BF 1.
  • contractor1986
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok, so I wanted to play the game for a couple of days and really get the feel for it before I gave some pros and cons. I wish you the best of luck in sifting through a lot of the negativity in these forums. There are those of us who actually enjoy the game and want to give positive feedback so that we have a better finished product.

So as for some of the pros:

- I really like the TTK. I think it is perfect. I personally believe that the shooter who spots his target and hits it first should have the upper hand in that particular firefight.
    - I absolutely love that 3D spotting is gone. I think it forces you to stay closer to your squad and pay attention to there engagements. It also allows you to move more tactically without having a big red dot floating over your head. If a player is taking concealment in the brush, he or she deserves to be hidden.
    - The revives. Very immersive and realistic. Providing medical help should not be instantaneous.
    - I personally enjoy starting out with less ammo. I really like having to seek out an ammo point to re-up on supplies. It is just realistic and gives captured flags more of a purpose.
    - The weapon customization is great.
    - I love that your health doesn't automatically regenerate. If you severely wound an enemy, they should stay wounded before receiving medical care. It also makes medics more valuable. Before you had to chase squad mates around to heal them. They should be a lot easier to help out now.
    - I love that solely recons can spot enemies for their team mates. It gives them an extra responsibility to there squad to be a team recon and spend some time in the binos for them.

Now for a list of cons:

- Medics need to have better visibility of downed team members and their health. Also due to the fact that reviving is more realistic and takes more time, I think they should be able to carry up to 3 smoke grenades. That is only a suggestion though. And the kit swapping during revives really needs to be fixed.
    - The long scope on the recon rifle has shifty lines that cut from being regular scope lines to these hollowed out parallel block lines. while your moving. I am not sure what the purpose is of that or if it's a glitch but it is extremely annoying to say the least. Also the bolt action rifles are very weak. I know a lot of people hate snipers but they are a part of the battlefield. It also does take skill to be a good sniper on this game so I don't see the need to continually nerf this class because other play styles complain. A torso shot should always be at least 70 damage on a sniper rifle that is bold or lever action.
    - The explosives damage is all around too weak. I know people hate being blown up by grenades and trip wires but they are a part of the combat. I am not really sure if it's the blast radius or they are just all around weak in general. But I feel like grenades, tripwires, dynamite, and AT rockets should be able to one shot kill an enemy when utilized correctly.
    - The HUD on objectives need to be more visible.
    - I would like to see more of the windows and shutters be able to be open or closed with interactions like in BF1. It adds a little more to pay attention to when on defense or assaults on objectives.
    - Swimming underwater is too clear. It is like some graphic design is missing or something.