An Update on Battlefield V: Feedback Thread

Comments

• mancalleddave5
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2018
    The V-1 cruise missile developed by the [germans] was NOT available in 1940!!!!!
    Also where are the swastikas? None to be found anywhere.
    I am quite upset about how crap this game is. EA needs to give the BF series to a whole new dev team! A WHOLE NEW DEVELOPER! Look = Maxis messed up with 'Simcity 2013'. Then colossal order fixed it with cities skylines, this [stuff] happens.
    DICE have messed up this time.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14501 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Also where are the swastikas? None to be found anywhere.

DICE has to apply to a special counsel to have the game approved to use it.

Just because Germany has (kinda) lifted the ban on it, It still needs to be approved.
  • Spudz76
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Remove the chat text filter or at very least put it on a configurable option (I am offended by censoring)
  • rtatluri
    2 postsMember Member
    I wanna start by saying, I love the battlefield franchise and this game is awesome it’s def going in the right direction and I def appreciate ur hard work. That being said I don’t feel like the upgrade tree for the weapons is a right fit for this game. It really diverts from the beauty of battlefield games adding barrels and attachments and magazines and all that stuff that helped balance the weapon to felt perfect for whatever situation u needed it for. I like the idea that u guys are trying to let us customize how we play with the guns and what not but I don’t feel like it’s really the best format for this game. It’s clunky and the way it just boosts the stats on weapons really puts players who’ve been playing longer at an advantage over those who are just getting into the game. I think u should go back to a system similar to bf3 and 4 and if u still want to have those upgrade skill trees there u should have as a points allocation system for the class like 5 points and u can add them for each category like reload time or how much recoil u have or sprint speed or something where all of them are decent but none are better than each other or one has a downside so players have balance it out. The point I’m trying to make is that the weapons attachments and breakdown of the stats and how each attachment changed the stats is such a big part of the battlefield franchise and it’s something your community has grown to love. We get to mess around with different attachments and mix it up and make videos about that stuff and discuss with our friends. Hahaha but yea I hope you guys really consider it cuz I think I’m not the only person who isn’t really feelin the upgrades system. Keep killing it and building on what u guys do well it’s gonna be good.
  • rtatluri
    2 postsMember Member
    Another thing is the gameplay and gunplay feel great but like I think it might be a little heavy on the animations. Maybe it’s a matter of just fine tuning a bit but it gets kind of frustrating when u get trapped in animations especially in a game where reaction time matters. Other than that and the weapon upgrade system I think it’s great.
  • neonhummer
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Atleast make game mode that will feel like BF3, BF4 or BF1. New changes made game boring and i know im not the only one.
  • der_Metatron
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is always fun to get back to Battlefield. It always greet you like an old buddy who is unable to change his bad habits. This time he looks nice, but he is boring. This time the game looks great, but plays very slowly and boring. It also seems that it is still a good to have a crappy latency. So it is the same old at a new front. But the worse thing is the players (XBONE). Everybody does not wanna get revived, nobody revives and no one throws ammo. And this is the Beta, so we have vets in the game now. But even here.

My Feedback is, throw everybody on a special server with a ping over 100 and get rid of showing the K/D. Also get rid of the "Skills" on the Guns, that is buffing good players to be better and degrades the rest to cattle.

But as is it is a skip for me
  • Blacklist2060
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can not switch between developing vehicles like trac repair to increased ammo capacity ..The same situation with the aircraft

M4Wns7b.jpg
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Perhaps to address ammo scarcity better there could be some increased options in loadout - some trade-offs like additional primary weapon magazines for less grenades, sidearm magazines, kits. I would love to see loadouts shift to a "slot and point system" where you only have so much space and have to choose accordingly - that plays into customization wonderfully. Perhaps there could even be a weight/speed bonus depending on how much you try to carry versus how little - definitely a consideration in real combat. It could also open the door for unlocking gear/belts/packs that help you carry more of the things that you want. Just a thought - though overall I think "scarcity" is a great idea as it will certainly force more team cooperation. Down with lonewolf rambos ;)

[CBRA] SturmSabreSix
  • Sgt-GBH
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sgt-GBH wrote: »
    glad i didnt pre order what a load of garbage

Its far from garbage. They are circling around something good, its just not there yet.

feel free to waste your money because i wont be the games utter rubbish just like bf1
  • frostymugkiller
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    glad i didnt pre order what a load of garbage

Its far from garbage. They are circling around something good, its just not there yet.

feel free to waste your money because i wont be the games utter rubbish just like bf1

I have to agree this feels like huge step back from I just reinstalled bad company 2 and even it feels better than BFV and it's 8 years old. Dice screwed this up hard
  • LemonEddy
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I save this messy Beta just for one thing: for every second played it reminds me how Ea manage their servers. Today was a parade of all netcode problems and was barely playable. And this is not because it's a Beta but because the only thing counting here is to sell copies of the game. Otherwise this horror would be postponed way further than November. They'll say they'll fix everything but in few months will be Christmas and little kids will have a new game to play. So then who will care about all the bugs and the problems afflicting the game? For Bf1 months over months of complaining were left unheard and so will be for this new title. For now, and I fear for ever, trash bin will be the place for this game.
  • Mr_Neurona91
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the game is going very well, it has a couple of bugs when you eliminate someone, fleet. The problem that I often encounter is that I get rid of the servers in "grand operation", when game conquest I have no problem.
  • Joonetic
    3 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    coming from bf1 it has been a bit of an adjustment as far as style of play goes. but i have been having a lot of fun, and the game looks beautiful. one small issue i have is im not able to switch my gadgets so i can switch the controls for the D pad. as an example, i almost always pick medic and im stuck having to use left on the D pad to throw med packs. id like to be able to switch that to use right on the D pad instead. bf1 had this and it was great. im sure this isnt difficult to do, and it may even be something that will be available when the game releases. Just thought id bring it up just in case :) . thank you
  • Vasilij444
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't have really a WWII feeling. Somehow I'm anyway not happy with this game. Atmosphere, intensity in BF1 was better. The game is too fast and too superficial. Not enough intensity. Many things are not working or are not finished (graphics, vehicle collisions for example), but maybe it's because it's a Beta ;-) It's to hard to see the enemies. Waste too much time to find ammo or med pacs :neutral: Objectives poorly visible. No game flow, interrupted again and again, to long wait for respawn, and often immediately after spawn killed, and again waiting to long. Miss it to spot the enemies. The Norwegian Map I absolutely don't like. Want mortars like in BF 1 ;-) Revive system was better in BF 1. One good thing: There is not such a sniper epidemic like in BF1 (the reason, why I don't play BF1 more often), and weapon balance seems to be better then in BF 1. But fire grenades almost useless.Take 5, 6 months more time to finish this game... No, I will not buy it at release, maybe a half year later for half price... But only maybe. I'm really not excited.
  • one9Delta
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    since you pushed back the release are you going to extend the beta by a week then?
  • SirScrotoSaggins
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This game is a disappointment. I expected to see some improvements but all I see is bugs left over from bf4 that have never been fixed. ie Laggy players are still invisble. any chance you ever going to fix this?
  • Elshaug
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sometimes when you die the game stucks so you can´t ress or respawn
  • Birkhoff9200
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Hi, some brief considerations after 6 hours of play ... I state that compared to BF1, finally, the ballistics is back almost to the glories of the past (like BF3) and now sniping becomes, again, more difficult .... some considerations: sometimes it happens that while shooting, the projectile does not start and you have to press the trigger (the strange thing is that the number of ammunitions decreases); other times the binoculars do not brand enemies and the proximity mine flush, does not explode if an enemy passes .... Even with the tanks sometimes happens the problem of the blow, which climbs in number but does not leave .... this, I think we are on the right track .... it would have been nice to try the DTM and maybe a chapter of the war stories mode
  • venax
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    planes are slow and not funny at all . they need a reverse camera