Aim Assist Explained?

Aawulf
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
With about 350,000 kills in BFH on XBOX One, I have never had aim assist function to my benefit. When I have picked up weapons from others, I have had a few instances when aim was pulled to alternate target running past. I also cannot open other player info while in game, use spectator mode or see who is any given game from Server Info. Evidently, we do get different experiences from settings and/or connections.

A functional aim assist could be a huge difference or no difference, but every player should have the same access and choice to use it or not. Would be useful for all players to understand the mechanics of how to get the intended results. I've played with great players, regularly breaking 100 kills in TDM, sprinting around the map, shooting on the run, with their head on swivel because of effective use of mini-map, skill AND aim-assist.

Please dont respond with an ignorant comment about how great players dont need "aim assist" with "auto rotation" unless you will be so kind to explain what auto rotation is and how it relates because you clearly know and have used it. Im clear that I havent used it all, but it is about time I know what it is and how it works after 4000 hours played.

Comments

• Aawulf
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why is the Halo jump becoming so common in Hardline TDM? The younger guys did it for the 1st couple of years and it was just funny shooting them while they bounced around like Tigger. Now, there are many more doing it and it seems to actually affect the hit calculations much like the grenades that hit you as though you are where you were or the bullets chasing you around the corners of buildings and other cover. Is there a to hit calculation being affected by the jumps?
    Please dont answer if you dont have a real answer but just want to throw out what seems like a clever lecture when you write it but really is just trolling and a demonstration of the absence of intellect.