The Bad Company 2 rumour.....

PlatterKotten
50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I have seen on some posts that there will be a Bad company 2 remake added at launch.

What do you think? True or False?
What is your oppinions about it?

If its true im really happy about it. BC2 was and still are a really good game. If they could add 64 players, it would be even greater.
Im also hoping for a standalone remake, and not included to Bf5.

Comments

• PlatterKotten
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This guy talks about it.

YT links allowed?
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Remastered bc2? I wouldn't buy it. And it would be a mistake if they did. bf2 was much better, including bf2142.. I can see why dice made WW2, because the last decade has been Modern combat......
  • I would play BC2 over BFv, most likely. The only downsides is a release with no added content (people no longer play the vehicle maps on PS3 BC2), and if you have to buy it with BFv, and not separately. I wouldn't spend 80 bucks for two games at one time. I cannnot afford it. If they do it 60 and 20 each, then I will be able to do it.

I just hope they include vietnam and/or add other maps to it.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hmmm... If this is true then this almost has me hoping sales are low so they do it. I would love to play a remastered BC2, especially since DICE LA is rumored to be working on BC3. I have zero faith in them developing it since IMO they've been the worst thing to happen to BF outside of fixing BF4's bugs.
  • Natetendo83
    1023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That would be a bad thing for DICE to do. I'd play Bad Company 2 more than BFV lol
  • SirSpectacle
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can play BC2 now if you want to, no need for a remaster. It still looks great.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can play BC2 now if you want to, no need for a remaster. It still looks great.

Not if you only own a PS4.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It's on Xbox one right now, free with EA access.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    edited August 2018

Oh I know. It was one of the first things I installed when I bought my XB1x last november. Unfortunately, not many playing it though. Haven't found a full server yet.
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

And honestly it hasn't aged
  • ackers75
    2478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Oh I know. It was one of the first things I installed when I bought my XB1x last november. Unfortunately, not many playing it though. Haven't found a full server yet.
    Thanks dude I was just about to install it today but don’t think I will bother now.
    I would much rather play a bad company 2 remaster than bf v to be fair

• WerepyreND
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    How about they remake the good Bad Company game instead? I mean I might get on board if they fixed the awful maps and awful balance of BC2 but I'm not holding my breath.
  • SirBobdk
    4219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is why
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have seen on some posts that there will be a Bad company 2 remake added at launch.

What do you think? True or False?
    What is your oppinions about it?

If its true im really happy about it. BC2 was and still are a really good game. If they could add 64 players, it would be even greater.
    Im also hoping for a standalone remake, and not included to Bf5.

My favourite BF game so I would be a sucker and buy it..
  • DisguisedMike
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where did this rumour come from? I highly doubt that this will happen and the main reason for this is that taking the focus away from BFV doesn't make sense if they want players to spend money on their live service. Giving BFBC2 would be a nice gesture but why would EA do this when they could easily sell that game?

I heard that DICE is planning something special for veterans of the franchise but that could be many things and I think that this rumour just sounds like wishful thinking on the part of someone that really wants a BFBC2 remaster.
    The surprise that DICE has for us will likely be something a lot less impressive than giving away an entire game.
  • Zviko0
    1672 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where did this rumour come from?

Probably reddit.
  • smokintom214
    Where did this rumour come from? I highly doubt that this will happen and the main reason for this is that taking the focus away from BFV doesn't make sense if they want players to spend money on their live service. Giving BFBC2 would be a nice gesture but why would EA do this when they could easily sell that game?

I heard that DICE is planning something special for veterans of the franchise but that could be many things and I think that this rumour just sounds like wishful thinking on the part of someone that really wants a BFBC2 remaster.
    The surprise that DICE has for us will likely be something a lot less impressive than giving away an entire game.

I heard by little rumor that it's 2142 or 2143. I sincerely hope it is. Titan mode was awesome, I loved camping in those tight corridors protecting the core.
  • mcRen98
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

From what I heard it was apparently spread by a rumour during a giant bomb podcast/livestream. But if that was true then the rumour sounds very unlikely, I'd hold my breath since this seems way too good to be true.
  • SirBobdk
    4219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    Remake some of the maps for rush in BFV. That could work too,.
    That could actually increase pre-orders imo.
    Give me Valparaiso, Arica Harbor, Nelson Bay and Laguna Presa and i will pre-order right now.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on