battlefield V open beta client don't save settings, HELP ME PLZ.

SlllGA
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
My settings reset every time I quit the game. It's terrible.
In alpha client i have same issue.
----
In bf1 all ok.

Comments

• Zz_Nabu_zZ
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Exact same issue.
    Had the problem with the alpha, BF1 works fine.
    Already tried a lot of things... can't find any solution...
  • OP_TSODIAC
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Me too i have the exact same problem
  • Verikauha
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How you guys get beta access already?

"OPEN BETA EARLY ACCESS STARTS
    September 4, 1 am PT (10 am CET)"
  • OP_TSODIAC
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Verikauha wrote: »

You can pre-download it and log in but you cant play yet
  • Verikauha
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP_TSODIAC wrote: »
    Verikauha wrote: »

You can pre-download it and log in but you cant play yet

Ok, I thought you mean (in)gameplay settings etc...
  • SlllGA
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    what whatever i do it's useless (
  • Carbonic
    1296 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Settings are saved to C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\Documents\Battlefield V Open Beta\ (unless you moved the default documents location)
    If it's not saving it most likely means BFV or Origin don't have permissions to write to that folder. This can be due to you running non standard Windows permissions for the documents folder/files, BFV and Origin having too few permissions or a bug, third party application or broken installation blocking the settings from being saved. Illegal copies of Windows have also been known to cause this.
    The first step should be:
    1. Exiting Origin
    2. Right clicking Origin and clicking run as administrator
    3. Right click game
    4. Click repair game
    If that doesn't work make sure to manually whitelist both BFV and Origin in your antivirus, anti malware, firewalls etc.
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • n3crophyt3
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2018
    SlllGA wrote: »
    My setting lie in "C:\Users\sega9\OneDrive\Документы\Battlefield V Open Beta"

MS OneDrive is cloud-based storage, origin most likely cannot write into that folder except when having installed bfv
  • SlllGA
    edited September 2018
    n3crophyt3 wrote: »
    My setting lie in "C:\Users\sega9\OneDrive\Документы\Battlefield V Open Beta"

MS OneDrive is cloud-based storage, origin most likely cannot write into that folder except when having installed bfv

I don't know how to change the setting folder.
    I switched off the OneDrive, but when I start the game, settings folder appeared in "C:\Users\sega9\OneDrive\Документы\Battlefield V Open Beta"
    And BF1 setting lie there too and all work fine. "C:\Users\sega9\OneDrive\Документы\Battlefield 1"
  • Sylvester
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same problem
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »
    Settings are saved to C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\Documents\Battlefield V Open Beta\ (unless you moved the default documents location)
    If it's not saving it most likely means BFV or Origin don't have permissions to write to that folder. This can be due to you running non standard Windows permissions for the documents folder, BFV and Origin having too few permissions or a bug, third party application or broken installation blocking the settings from being saved. Illegal copies of Windows have also been known to cause this.
    The first step should be:
    1. Exiting Origin
    2. Right clicking Origin and clicking run as administrator
    3. Right click game
    4. Click repair game
    If that doesn't work make sure to manually whitelist both BFV and Origin in your antivirus, anti malware, firewalls etc.

Doesn't change anything.
    When i launch the game, change the settings and exit it, i check my "PROFSAV_profile" and the change i made are still here.
    But when i launch it again, the settings are reset, like it doesn't take the file into consideration and make a new one.
    Already tried to switch the cloud save on/off, no success.
    Why would there be a problem with BFV but not BF1, every settings are the same?
  • Sylvester
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the solution:
    Delete the extension "_tmp" of the file "PROFSAVE_tmp". Then the settings are saved!
    03-09-_2018_23-31-39x8e5e.jpg
  • OP_TSODIAC
    Sylvester wrote: »
    I have the solution:
    Delete the extension "_tmp" of the file "PROFSAVE_tmp". Then the settings are saved!

Thank you that worked for me
  • SlllGA
    I have the solution:

Nice one! THX man!
  • Carbonic
    1296 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I have the solution:

Nice one! THX man!
    You manually did what BFV should have been able to do itself. It might be worth troubleshooting what happened.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    I have the solution:

It worked !
    Thanks man @Sylvester
  • dTmUK
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You need to DISABLE Controlled Folder Access in your security settings in Windows (Windows Defender Security Centre) else manually allow Battlefield/Origin as an exception, was messing me up but disabling fixed the issue - was getting notifications that Windows was blocking folder access therefore settings were not saving.

Gl hf!
  • Carbonic
    dTmUK wrote: »
    You need to DISABLE Controlled Folder Access in your security settings in Windows (Windows Defender Security Centre) else manually allow Battlefield/Origin as an exception, was messing me up but disabling fixed the issue - was getting notifications that Windows was blocking folder access therefore settings were not saving.

Gl hf!

Controlled Folder Access (CFA) blocks everything by default so enabling this non standard Windows setting will block everything being written by games and applications to the documents folder.
  • Tarotxv
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Erases my settings anyway. It creates PROFSAVE_tmp over and over again.
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    edited September 2018
    I think the PROFSAVE_tmp (for temporary?) is supposed to erase and replace the PROFSAVE when you quit the game, but it doesn't and that's the problem.
    So every time you make change ingame and quit the game, delete the PROFSAVE file and the "_tmp" extension of the PROFSAVE_tmp, your settings should be saved when you launch the game again.
This discussion has been closed.