Will there be more then 5 server regions?

HCAR_HCAR_HCAR
121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
We all know how miserable bf4 and hardline have become from OOR and frankly if this game dosent have some sort of region lock or has any sort of lag compensation I will not buy it.

Comments

• RaNdOmKils666
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah i know right. All the Japanese players that i find in Australian servers is a joke. DICE give japan it's own servers.
  • GalaxyMix
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes. Please give each region its own server. Need servers for Middles Easts. we we have thousand of players here who love BF .
  • fluffi343
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Need some in Sweden, Norway, Finland, iceland and Denmark.
  • bladedog40
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Even in western Canada (Calgary) my latency is too high (80ms) to the US West servers and always getting killed behind cover and poor hit registration.

Please DICE! Servers in Canada or at least closer to the border.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't you mean 6 regions? BF4 currently has 6 regions on consoles. And yes. There should be servers in the Middle East at the very least for those players, as well as those players in South Africa. Hope for the best but plan for the worst.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 2016
    Japan already has their own servers (BF3 & BF4). Keep in mind, nothing is in place to enforce regional play. Hence OOR and the nonsense that follows. A ping limiter is stated to be against Sony\MS rules according to DICE but I "think" there is already console games with it. Warframe maybe? Not positive. They need to continue to bring balance the best they can in the lag comp, etc and hopefully that will be good enough.
  • HCAR_HCAR_HCAR
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Like I said, if nothing is said or its swept under the rug there will be no chance of me buying this game. People that play OOR purposely should be treated like people that abuse exploits.

I can name 10+ people that regularly region hop knowing they will go high 40s and under 10 deaths due to the OHKs and lag advantage.

Before I quit playing BF4 I joined an South American server to deal sweet justice for the abuse I have endured and I laid the hammer down.

If EA/DICE want to take the FPS crown they need to come up with a solution to the OOR problem.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/YOU BAD QQ LOL/video/16992078
    No more of this crap
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There needs to be ping limits and servers in more regions, absolutely. I'm completely sick of seeing Japan, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, and France all in an East US server with me when I live in Florida. Plus people with horrible connections that have high ping in general should not be allowed to screw the flow of normal servers over, regardless of location. Though if someone is out of region but manages a reasonable ping through amazing internet, that's fine too.

TL;DR: More server locations, Ping Limits instead of region locks.
  • YOURDRUNKDADDY
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    We all know how miserable bf4 and hardline have become from OOR and frankly if this game dosent have some sort of region lock or has any sort of lag compensation I will not buy it.

Sony / MS will not allow true, ping/region lock. so, if you really want such things, buy a PC to play BF1 on.

otherwise, get used to it.
  • bananahead81
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Even if the standard servers have no locks/limits please let us have a few with ping limit! That would be good enough for me. I don't want to penalise those with poor connections or those who play with friends in other regions (me), let them play but give us a regulated place where we know everyone is on an even playing field. I think that would go a long way in lifting spirits within the community.
  • Visegrip117
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There needs to be ping limits and servers in more regions, absolutely. I'm completely sick of seeing Japan, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, and France all in an East US server with me when I live in Florida. Plus people with horrible connections that have high ping in general should not be allowed to screw the flow of normal servers over, regardless of location. Though if someone is out of region but manages a reasonable ping through amazing internet, that's fine too.

TL;DR: More server locations, Ping Limits instead of region locks.

1000x this^

Does private servers have ability to see players ping? So they can kick the abuser off the server they pay for?
  • DannyTanner17
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I agree with ping limits, but think it should be a server option so that friends from different regions still have an option to play together.
  • mmarkweII
    2919 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If you are familiar with the type of language used in the TCR/TRC/Lot Checks regarding a clients connection to a server, then you would know there are limits in place. They just aren't as restricted as one would like for a FPS. Stricter requirements would require more servers. More servers cost money. It is a catch 22. Like it was stated alrwady. Get a PC if you want it to change.
  • fillr8t
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    All those who say I wont buy are first to buy

In short losing 1 basement dweller is better than gaining10 casual gamers (just my opinion)

See you in battelfield1 op
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mmarkweII wrote: »
    If you are familiar with the type of language used in the TCR/TRC/Lot Checks regarding a clients connection to a server, then you would know there are limits in place. They just aren't as restricted as one would like for a FPS. Stricter requirements would require more servers. More servers cost money. It is a catch 22. Like it was stated alrwady. Get a PC if you want it to change.

A new game... So let's try to get along because I know both of us are very passionate on this subject lol but I respectfully disagree about "it cost money". You are talking about a multi-million dollar company who should not be selling the game in locations without servers in the first place. We've heard over and over again directly from the horse's mouth about the issue, we all know the issue is real and extremely frustrating at times and we also know that they can make more adjustments to not make it so ridiculously overpowered in favor of the high ping and poorly connected. That's what they promised. Chris has given them a battle map on how to ease the issue and they did bring SA servers. All positive steps but ... More needs to be done and telling people to buy a PC is not the answer.
  • mmarkweII
    What doesn't help the situation is the spreading of misinformation or taking information and blowing it way out of proportion and exaggerating the issue. That is what was done with the OOR thread and it soon™ took on a life of its own. Understanding how the game works and what causes specific issues (whether it is game/mechanics related, server related, or ISP related) goes a lot farther than just assuming another player is OOR/high pinger and they are exploiting some crazy so called advantage (no matter how minor it is) depending on play style.

As to the comment about a multimillion dollar company....that is true. But again. Just because they are a multimillion dollar company doesn't mean EA is just going to cough up the extra dough to put more servers in areas there aren't any. I personally hope they at least add another region of servers for those players specifically in the Middle East/Africa. Especially if DICE/EA want the comp scene to be taken seriously moving forward. I think we can agree there won't be as many servers in regions like PC has. It doesn't make it right, but I also believe it is the flip side to console gaming. Which is why I made the "get a PC" comment.
  • quicktiger
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you can't support the region with servers then you should not be selling the game in those regions. Period.
  • killerwhalsam
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love ping limits however I have friends in America and I live in Britain meaning that playing games with each other can be annoying when we get kicked, but then it is annoying to have high pings which interrupt game play, it is an annoying situation.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iSpyRecon wrote: »
    mmarkweII wrote: »

A new game... So let's try to get along because I know both of us are very passionate on this subject lol but I respectfully disagree about "it cost money". You are talking about a multi-million dollar company who should not be selling the game in locations without servers in the first place. We've heard over and over again directly from the horse's mouth about the issue, we all know the issue is real and extremely frustrating at times and we also know that they can make more adjustments to not make it so ridiculously overpowered in favor of the high ping and poorly connected. That's what they promised. Chris has given them a battle map on how to ease the issue and they did bring SA servers. All positive steps but ... More needs to be done and telling people to buy a PC is not the answer.

You are over simplifing it. Just because they generate millions of dollars of revenue doesn't mean that they have the capital to install and maintain servers in more locations. There are costs involved and if the profit doesnt pay for it it's not worth the investment. You want to blame someone, blame Sony and MS for not allowing private entities to host servers for console. Thats why PC can do it and that's where the problem lies.
  • iSpyRecon
    edited May 2016
    Mark, you seem to forget that the developer himself admitted to the fact that high pings cause server sync issues that can create hits behind cover and for the high ping players damage to go ignored ie, bullet sponge. It's not a secret and it's not a myth and it's not magic. Again, Chris has spelled it all out for them with vivid proof. You may wish to say that local players could have high ping and yes, that may be true, but it is a extremely small percentage. The overwhelming and overpowered majority of high-ping is caused by players playing out of region (some obviously intentionally - that's no secret as well). Again, it's not a secret, it's not a myth and it's not magic ...They must make sure high ping players don't ruin everyone else's game. As beautiful as Battlefield One will be, it's pointless if your bullets don't work and if you're shot behind solid cover. Yes, the PC players will enjoy a ping limiter. I still want proof that that cannot be done on a console. To date, DICE has refused to even give us ping numbers of players in session like every other game in the world does.

PS. Good chat and catch ya in the trenches.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!