StG 44 needs to be a late class unlock.

TropicPoison
1033 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Because this thing is ruining the beta on top of all the other problems, I heard the crap about it in the alpha and now it's the same in the beta.

Comments

• l_water_l
    1193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I imagine it will be. Doesnt make sense for it to be the first gun you get. But, I shutter to think there is probably going to be a gun that is better.
  • TropicPoison
    1033 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    STG needs to be properly nerfed first and then become the final unlock for the class.

I can agree with that as well.
  • TropicPoison
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Definitely needs a little nerfing. Just making it a late class unlock wouldn't solve it being so powerful. It would just mean high level players gain a non skill based advantage.

That would be exactly the same as if it was an early unlock though as well, it needs heavily nerfed.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    798 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Agree. It's kind of ruining the beta at the moment. What was DICE thinking allowing it to be the very first weapon assaults got there hands on
  • TropicPoison
    Agree. It's kind of ruining the beta at the moment. What was DICE thinking allowing it to be the very first weapon assaults got there hands on

I just unlocked the faster fire rate going to see how that goes later, I'm sure it's broken like the rest of it is.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TTK is way to fast on console, you can"t react when underfire !!!
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1088 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Definitely needs a little nerfing. Just making it a late class unlock wouldn't solve it being so powerful. It would just mean high level players gain a non skill based advantage.

Not to mention it would sell those unlock shortcut kits like hot butter, so let's try and refrain from giving EA any ideas.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm usually against people complaining about weapons being OP but the STG is ridiculous. I feel like a dirty scumbag using it, but the way the game is with it's TTK, it's the only way to make it feel fair.
  • Agent_Talon
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    All it really needs is a slight nerf to the per bullet DMG to the body. I don't want to reduce the HS dmg however as I think those shots deserve the high DMG they are currently at.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    All it really needs is a slight nerf to the per bullet DMG to the body. I don't want to reduce the HS dmg however as I think those shots deserve the high DMG they are currently at.

The problem with that is you can get lucky head shots especially when spraying from med range. You shouldn't get that much of a head shot bonus from auto weapons especially with the current time to kill as fast as it is. Single aimed shots to the head should get the big multipliers.
  • Agent_Talon
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

The problem with that is you can get lucky head shots especially when spraying from med range. You shouldn't get that much of a head shot bonus from auto weapons especially with the current time to kill as fast as it is. Single aimed shots to the head should get the big multipliers.

Good point, especially after you have the upgrades on that thing it's pretty easy to control the recoil and land HS with relative ease. Maybe a HS multiplier that's different between single round and auto is one piece of the puzzle?
  • CosmicChaos
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    The issue isn't that the gun needs to be nerfed. The problem is the same issue BF1 had. Their idea of balance. The other guns just need brought up to a comparable level. Right now the STG out paces the others, but nerfing just leads to a bunch of terrible guns like in BF1 where having an optic on your gun lowers it's accuracy. lol
  • MachineHead0013
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, it kinda does seem a little OP right now. Maybe a slight nerf to bullet dmg to the body like people said and make it one of the last guns to unlock.
  • TropicPoison
    GerocK- wrote: »
    There shouldn't be a "best weapon" at all. Putting the StG 44 as the final unlock would only shift the problem. Then the players who already played long enough to unlock it would have an advantage over players who haven't been able to unlock it yet.
    All weapons should be viable options, so the StG 44 just needs to be patched.

Well how would you suggest nerfing it? Because it's way too good in it's current form.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    The issue isn't that the gun needs to be nerfed. The problem is the same issue BF1 had. Their idea of balance. The other guns just need brought up to a comparable level. Right now the STG out paces the others, but nerfing just leads to a bunch of terrible guns like in BF1 where having an optic on your gun lowers it's accuracy. lol

You serious. Imagine if all guns were as lethal as the STG. Now that would be even less fun
  • OLDSKOOL1908
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    When do we unlock the choppers????
  • mikebostonmike
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm getting melted from literally across the map with this gun by seemingly everyone. Meanwhile I am lucky to tickle another player if I try. I'm not a bad player so I dont understand wtf is going on.