Battlefield V Open Beta - Spectator Mode Feedback

2»

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    9308 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @ducain23
    You're thinking of a modern day version of battlerecorder which was heavily used back on bf2.

I agree though, this would be an awesome addition
  • Sto0n
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just a quick feedback because I basically couldn't use the spectator mode, due to the game crashing (back to desktop) randomly in this mode.

I'm having no issue at all with the rest of the game in term of stability (around 34h played on the beta and only a couple of crashes), but spectator mode is randomly crashing the game within a couple of seconds/minutes using it.

I captured nearly 10h+ of gameplay using Action! (3.3.0) with no issue at all, game still crashing in spectator mode with or without this soft running.

I'm running the game on this rig (around 62/64 fps on ultra/1080p after 3h of benchmark) :
    -I7 2600k @4.0GHz)
    -16Gb of Ram DDR3
    -GTX 970 (399.07)
    -Xonar DSX
    -SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb
    -Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

If you need any kind of logs/reports, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your day,

• LapisRadzuli
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Haven't been able to read most of the feedback so if a bulk of this has already been mentioned then apologies, most, if not all of my mentions are based on Director camera since that's basically all that I use, plus a few suggestions since I'd imagine a lot of the basic stuff like keybinds being a little borked are mentioned 30x over.

While not intrinsically an issue with spectator mode, I find - at least in regards to what I personally prefer to use it for that it is fairly difficult to take screenshots of infantry due to the new animations players have. They just move waaaay too much for no real reason which results in a lot of ruined screenshots. Not sure if it's possible in any capacity as it's an issue more latent within the game but maybe a way to smooth out some of the player movement so their model isn't freaking out half the time with their guns floating or necks bulging out of their clothing.

Sometimes the player swap keys don't work, not sure on the exact cause but it can be a little yikes when trying to speed through players to see who looks cool.

Weapon textures vary in quality a lot, not sure if it's possible but having the ability to make them higher quality for pictures would be very helpful some guns will range from good looking (Suomi, STG) to borderline 8-bit (KE-7, most of the scout rifles)

The option to disable or enable weapon skins - player skins are fine but if the only person in the server using the M30 (Luft)waffles filling has bubbified his rifle by making it 50% sprayed green and 50% urban blue it can cause serious eye damage and also disappointment if you're trying sneak those pictures in.

Speaking of m30 luftwaffe drilling, it sometimes has the model bork and become a handle + two floating shells. Example image supplied below.
    30743257468_3b2f05ffeb_b.jpg

Or, going off the prior idea, an option to randomise skins! A lot of players barely bothered to customise their guns past sprayed green, one level 50 guy with a maxed out Suomi (you can tell because Extended Magazines gives it a very ugly box magazine rather than the iconic drum) was using the basic skin which was lame. An option to just apply a random set to whoever you are watching (Night Operations, Woodland, Factory New, Captured etc) or even an option to select one of these yourself in the menu and have it apply to whatever gun the person is holding would be very useful for people like myself who enjoy looking at neato gun textures.

Time pausing thingy, I don't doubt for a moment that everyone above this comment has asked for it 2x over but just to reiterate would be pretty swell - especially for someone like me who enjoys infantry pictures but has to accept the harsh reality that whoever you are watching is likely 7 frames from jumping into a clump of 32 enemies and will be killed in seconds, or run into a S-mine, or a shotgun, or a sniper bullet, or a tank. You get the gist, point being life is fickle and an option to freeze someone in place before they die would be neat for capturing an image of them and then also of them dying moments later for dramatic effect.

Also an option to directors cam over dead bodies still, morbid sure, but can probably make for a few interesting images probably.

An option to have smoke be invisible would be somewhat useful, sometimes the coolest looking character in the beta, the medic man would usually douse himself in smoke 88% of the time making pictures of them somewhat difficult. Same with revive syringe images as they too would be doused in at least seven smoke grenades.

Going from free cam to director camera has the camera go haywire, I think this was brought up somewhere on Discord and mentioned to be fixed but I'll reiterate here eitherway, it's also easily remedied so nothing too major.

Maybe an option to save preset DOF settings, I like having two: blur to the max extreme for weapon close ups and a softer further blur for general infantry stuff. Having to swap the settings each time isn't overtly difficult but would be nice getting to cut out the middle man.

Ultimately most of these are just weapon based ideas, par a few clunky elements to the controls that'll take some getting used to it seems fairly decent and a major improvement over that of Battlefield One which I too, thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks to you and the team for all your work into this mode!
  • SZRAMISKO
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 11
    So far my freaind cpt-krigz is still in the game waiting for the round to start in november :)

Edited all caps. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • PABSTon3DO
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 11
    OK, it is time to write something about new spectator mode.

First of all, I want to thank Randy and other team member for their hard work. The result is above all expectations. I think, I spent more time on using Spectator mode rather than actual playing (shame on me). :)

Now just a few words about some a bit annoying issues. It's still worth to mention them here although you already know about them:
    1. Lack of ability to tilt a camera while it turned 90 degrees;
    2. When I reset my camera by pressing V, FoV value becomes default 70 but actual value remains unchanged (video)
    3. Some parts of weapons become so low-poly sometimes.
    4. A couple words about bokeh: I'm not quite impressed of how blurry background looks like. I may be wrong, but it looks a bit unnatural for me. I can't prove my words right now though, it's all about how I feel and see it, I guess.

Now about features I want to see in future updates of Spec mode (some of them have been already mentioned here):
    1. Camera roll angle counter as a part of UI (now it's available only via settings menu). Also some mostly used angles as presets could be useful;
    2. More advanced settings for blurry background appearance control. Reshade DoF shaders as well as Cinetools have some additional options (blur radius, for example, or blur filter, Cinetools have two different methods of how depth of field works). The only options we have now are Shape and Blur amount.
    3. Real camera settings: ISO, shutter speed, aperture size. By aperture size changing we could also control DOF of our scene;
    4. Ability to apply different weapon skins whatever will be available in the game (Lapis mentioned it);
    5. Auto focus feature. You just choose your focusing object by pointing your mouse cursor on it and the game applies your far/near settings. No need to adjust focus distance in this case. This feature is a part of Reshade DoF shaders as well.
    6. Freeze camera (obviously).

Post edited by PABSTon3DO on
  • aaodtrtffhgh
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 13
    [off topic]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • aaodtrtffhgh
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 13
    [off topic]
  • xoSEALteam
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 12
    [off topic]
  • PABSTon3DO
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This thread is about Spectator Mode feedback, not about feedback in general.
  • FrOgM
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 12
    [off topic]
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9308 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited September 13
    @xoSEALteam @FrOgM @aaodtrtffhgh
    This thread is dedicated to the Spectator mode feedback.

If you wish to post feedback, Please use one of the platform appropriate threads :

PC : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/battlefield-v-open-beta-pc-feedback

PS4 : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/battlefield-v-open-beta-ps4-feedback

XBONE : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/battlefield-v-open-beta-xbox-feedback

Your posts have been edited out as they are off topic.
  • Terra-Immortal
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 13
    My main problems with Spectator mode was:
    • The character attached camera would way too often react to the environment and shift position. Creating constant need to adjust the camera (every time the character you are spectating is close to a box or something other)
    • Ability to freeze time is crucial if you want to do anything expect still panoramic shots. To capture a character in motion you need the ability to freeze the moment in time. Otherwise motion just degrades the screenshot.
    • Would be great to be able to create local light sources. Most times the character you are photographing is in a low lit area and it requires the addition of a secondary light source for decent contrast.
    • The "follow camera" should have the function disable the camera orientation based on where the target player is looking at.