deleted

14567810»

Comments

• purius
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lol
    nice joke
    full of hacker cheating alredy
    tons of bugs not been fixed
    crap maps

worst BF ever
    i really feel sorry for dose who bought this full price
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by 0KNMDM on
  • ThePhasmid
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Some improvements: Best campaign since BC2. Sniping feels more like classic Battlefield. Steep learning curve for newcomers, which means less people camping. More people forced to PTFO, and this means more intense Conquest matches where the tables can turn any second. Weapon mods. Intuitive upgrade system. Everyone feels like they play a larger role in the entire team now.

Some drawbacks: Movement feels less fluid than Battlefield 1. Hard to top that, though, because BF1 had the most silky smooth character movement in any FPS game I've ever played. Jumping, strafing, running, etc were all fluid like a mountain stream. Sound detection feels janky in BFV. I miss chasing the footsteps of an enemy near my proximity. Adrenaline pumping moments like that need to be reinstated. I kinda miss the lone wolf elements BF1 had, but I understand why they did it. Other than some gameplay mechanic changes, it sort of feels like a big BF1 DLC.
  • Sammy_SUN1
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mdmnk0 wrote: »
    I've logged a little over 27 in-game days on Battlefield 1, 24 days of which were spent as support class.

Whereas BF1 feels more like an arcade version of Battlefield, BFV feels slower paced, strategic and realistic. Although it needs some work, I feel that overall BFV is a major improvement in every area save for a few.

MAJOR Improvements
    • Gunplay: although ttd needs some slight adjustment, I love being forced to play the corners and maneuver strategically. There's less COD-style fights where you blindly rush (pray and spray)
    • Removal of spotting system + camo This has vastly improved the game, i've been able to hide on the ground with large groups of enemies running right past me, pick a few off and keep hiding... this is absolutely wonderful and will be even better with sileceners and various camo options -- makes skins and customizations make sense
    • Crate interactions: I thought I'd hate the new interaction system as I enjoy getting hundreds of resupplies in a round... it feels nice though and makes me think harder about where I place crates, I believe players will learn over time to interact with them properly. A suggestion I have here: much longer crate re-placement cooldowns (like 1 to 2 minutes) and the ability to pick a placed crate back up would be awesome.
    • Movement system: Needs a small amount of polish but feels smooth and hugely improved. Vaulting is smooth as is sliding around corners and ducking for cover -- I also really like that I can finally jump through un-broken windows. Tee Buggin has also been improved... feels faster and more fluid... and its more fun to do when your enemy is begging for a revive >:)
    • Graphics / destruction: Improved character models and the destruction looks great
    • Gun customizations: I like it thus far, I'm glad upgrades lock in and force me to collect more of the same model if i want to change its features
    • More defense: finally we're being rewarded for defending! new ticketing system is so much better... matches have been closer overall
    • Squads: teaming up with friends and moving from server to server etc. is MUCH smoother and has been improved in several ways

MAJOR problems
    • A very strict profanity filter which cannot be disabled and in so doing runs the risk of stifling conversation in chat and thus harms the PC community.
    • Potential lack of dedicated servers (obviously we have no confirmation on this yet) -- I want to keep playing on clan servers such as AOD, Beakers Playground etc. -- If we can't play on dedicated clan servers, this will harm the PC community.
    • Removal of press to zoom, hold to toggle mini-map setting -- this thing is very handy and really needs to come back

Minor issues
    • Sound seems like it needs a bit of work - I'm using Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones... they sound great in every other game. This one doesn't sound bad, its just a little low and sometimes hard to pick out individual footsteps... explosions sound a bit like they're in a tin can sometimes
    • Waiting for revives gets a bit tedious... might get really old over time, not sure how i feel about it yet
    • Some animations are a bit wonky... my soldier's arm looks like its going to snap in half when I throw a grenade for instance
    • Getting thrown around by explosions, killed, insta-revived by a medic etc. can sometimes be jarring to view in way that I don't believe is intentional -- doesn't look or feel that smooth sometimes, maybe this is unavoidable though

As a final note: please consider re-adding and expanding on a commander mode who is able to communicate with and coordinate all the squads on a team.

Well, this is BF. Not PubG. They wanted to make something like it, and destroyed the game, in my opinion. Campers are not strategical players.
  • CPKs_Arachnid
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MacaqueX wrote: »
    For those of you who were super disappointed in BF1, how does this compare? I'm in that camp and wondering if this is better or more of the same.

Apart from similar engine and models/graphics it is different than BF1.
    Stationary MGs are still wonky and with high sensitivity and most similar thing to BF1.
    Maybe pistols are also little bit similar to BF1/COD WW2, revolver lags and has low velocity and others are faster water guns.

Commentator, animations of ribbons etc is similar but you can disable that and there is a lot of options that they gave us to make it like we wont so that is not problem.

Movement is fast and snappy and different/better.
    Gunplay is HC similar to BF4 HC.
    Sniping in close combat with SRs is much harder and unforgiving, like playing ziba with m40a5 you gotta be fast if you miss head you are dead.
    Maybe in BFV they could even remove x3 scope glint and keep it on only 6x.
    Long range sniping is much easier than BF3 and little less fun, but still more fun than BF1, bullet is less visible than in BF3/4/1 and you need to adjust bullet drop by guessing but it is somehow easier.
    6x scope is slow and cover whole screen, 3x is good for almost all distances and best all around.
    ARs and even LMG are lasers especially after skill tree unlocks with almost no recoil so you can counter snipers on very long range, in bf3/4 you are in huge disadvantage vs SR above 100m.
    Fast tap bursts fire is back, and single shoot fire became usable in some situations for the first time in BF game.
    Cover and awareness and smart map movement are needed to play good if you are in the open for to long you are dead, run and gun is not forgiving like in BF3/4.
    Attrition is not problem at all, they balanced it well.
    Bullet penetration is pain + panzerfaust and you cant hide in houses or almost anywhere.
    Sound and atmosphere is much better than BF1, map design is much better and you have enough space around objectives to attack from many directions.
    You wont find yourself getting in out of bounds 3m away from objective like on grappa.
    Also there is no more bunker grenade spam, and there is no granade spam at all.
    There is almost no bomber carpet bombing spam like in bf1.
    You need to have skill to fly and rekt infantry with front guns similar to BF3.
    No special pickups and bohemots spam etc.
    There is surprisingly enough teamwork in almost 99% matches.

There is still some bugs, and TTD is off to the point that sometimes you will get killed by player who didnt yet started shooting at you on your screen or just with first bullet,
    Lag comp or TTD or something is still little bit off. Some weapons could be balanced better in the future.
    TTK is good and generally game is much better and enough different from BF1 for someone like me or you who hated BF1 to like it.

Thank you for the super thought out post. 3 and a half more hours here
  • SnoopTrooper187
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds to me like you should be playing Call of Duty

Call a duty sucks a big one except the first one. I dont wanna play some bs 6v6 I love big freaking battles and BF1 Had the most excitement and things going on. Ive played every battlefield game back to the first except BC1 So I know what i wanna play
    Happy Gaming
  • SnoopTrooper187
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TiMEvBoMB wrote: »
    All I can say is WOW! So glad I did not preorder this game. Terrible game experience compared to BF1. This is COD lite with even more annoying time delays and menus. So disappointed.

Watch the new COD Blackout trailer, Looks light years better than BFV on it's own.

Is it a 6v6 like this cod ww2 which i have and quit playing as soon as i was able to try BF1.
    I wanna try WW3 shoot man its like 32v32 for only 28.00 Im into lots of players at one time.
  • Dargoother
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have more than month playtime in BF1 and preordered and played BFV for some time now and I'm very disappointed. BF1 took some time to learn (lat BF I played was 1942) but after while I progress to level that I can really enjoy it. Note the pro player but at least average who can help to win a game. BFV it different and my major disappointment is atmosphere. BFV is boring as hell. Shooting on barely visible targets with stupid accuracy guns? Like recon is easily taken by assault on long distance with smg? I don't understand what is the point. Yes, I got little bit better in BFV now but it is still boring. And right now I'm downloading COD black ops4 (I got it for free with some PC parts and did not try it because of BFV). Lots of people are saying that who does not like BFV should go play COD, so I'm giving it try. I really hope it will be more fun than BFV. On BF1 I enjoyed most close combat situations when one or two enemies were close to me and we were trying to kill each other for several seconds, or long range sniper duels. That great feeling when I overplayed my enemy. Sometimes a little bit of teabagging after good one. BFV is about anonymous bullets flying all around from long distance. And squad play is the worst. How many times I did not revive die during it just because it takes such a long time and also can't be done while lying down so my cover is blown and I'm open target? How many times I died just because I needed amo or bandaghes and I must focused on interacting with stupid crate? Reviving squad mates is great feature and I like it a lot. But lots of times I'm playing with bunch of not cooperating people and focusing on squad cooperation is waste of time. I liked how it was in BF1 - usually I tried to take squad lead to be able to choose targets or I wrote to chat to my squad/team where we should go now. And when squad/team were not working together, I choose to go alone and flank enemy and create some opportunity for my squad/team. In BFV flanking is very hard and time when I'm alive is, I'm estimating, about only 20 or 30% in compare to BF1. More dying = less fun. And did you tried these ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ guns? Sounds like sewing machine and usually only one weapon for each class is really good, others are useless. I loved in BF1 when I had for each class a few favorite weapons for close, middle and long range. Ok, enough is enough. BFV is nice game but I think that maps are too open and flat so long range kills are too often, people camps lot more than in BF1 and weapons are stupidly accurate on longer distances. I'll play BFV again for sure, because, same like BF1, gaming will change in time when users will know maps better and some strategies (if there are any, because BFV to me is now like stupid open range) will be more used. But I'll love BF1 more because it is much better for me. Maybe very good players love BFV but I think that it is too hard to stay alive for average players. And that is probably main problem why people are not liking this game and sales are low.
  • rmiller90
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here is a simple fix to solve everyone's issues: if you like the game, play the game; if you do not like the game, do not play the game. Simple.
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by 0KNMDM on
  • -Antares65z
    1789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mdmnk0 wrote: »
    rmiller90 wrote: »
    Here is a simple fix to solve everyone's issues: if you like the game, play the game; if you do not like the game, do not play the game. Simple.

The latest patch is making me not want to play despite my original statements.

You aren't alone.
  • disposalist
    8962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    rmiller90 wrote: »
    That works. I've stopped playing BFV. I gave it 60 hours (musch more if you include alpha and beta) and it's painful and frustrating compared to BF1, so I'll stick to BF1.

BF1 will probably last for the couple of years until EA/DICE want everyone to move to BF6 anyway. Maybe they will realise BF1 was more popular because it was more fun and make BF6 accordingly. can only hope.
  • 0KNMDM
    edited April 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by 0KNMDM on
  • MAJWolfcookies
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lol! Good one OP.