deleted

Comments

  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Old school vets (series starters and backers) will more than likely agree this will probably be the best BF since BF1942. I wouldn't be surprised a bit to see some old timers back in the game. Modern BF'ers (BC2 onward) don't know **** about what BF was when it started.

    TTK .... BF1942/Vietnam/BF2
    Ammo/Health Scarcity, crates ... BF1942/Vietnam
    No doritos/apples ... BF1942/Vietnam
    Limited vehicle ammo, forced resupply .... BF1942/Vietnam
    Strategy over Run-n-gun .... BF1942/Vietnam
    Teamplay ..... BF1942/Vietnam

    I think this is mostly correct, I shared similar sentiments as my first impressions. the mechanics have/provide a "hardness" to them that is a real callback. though a whole heck of a lot would still need to be done in order for me to consider buying it, (by which I mean largely gameplay changes, along with that other thing I've mentioned before)
  • FerrariF1993
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lol BFV is garbage
  • Tombailey777
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So i agree with OP in some respects and Una in others.

    Graphically i much prefer BF1, the game looked unbelievable whereas this one theyve almost tried to hard to the point i feel detached from it graphically. I dont think the character models and customisation help at all here and quite frankly have ruined the immersion at times (reviving an asian woman in Norway whos apparantly SAS paratrooper) No issue with the woman just very out of place. Germans look great though.

    Having got used to the tanks ive really enjoyed it. You can out play someone in a vehicle unlike bf1 where the category of tank determined if you won often e.g art truck vs heavy tank vs tankhunter landship vs light tank. Outmanover a tiger with a churchil for example. Or snipe one with a self propelled assault gun from range. If your not overly aggressive can dominate inf in tanks too.

    Planes need work i agree love the stuka thats it.

    Gun play is so much better, actually takes skill. Snipers can still perform well if used effectively, medic feels like a valid class again, assault is versatile only thing lacking to me is support because all classes can build and their weapons are dull if anything. Recoil patterns and gunplay coupled with new movement feels fantastic.

    Map design is also way better, dont know why people loved bf1 for that yes it gave a sense of all out war but explosive spam kill corridors was just terrible gameplay particularly certain operations with half the team prone with lmgs and snipers now. Its actually gone more traditional with squad vs squad engagements on certain points in CQ, very intense and team.orientated. You want a clear front line, play an OP. That leads on to my final point.

    Attrition/ammo, anyone gone on a mad killstreak yet? When you work your way through a squad, pick up the ammo cling on and cap the point then heal up it feels like your forced to play smart and feel so rewarded for it. Gone is the camping lmgs and snipers for an entire game, the ammo and health crates work great as it forces squads to contest for them and gives the objectives value both attacking and defending.

    So many people hating on this game when gun play and movement is great, map design has been solid, the explosive spam is largely gone. Tanking takes skill, as does playing certain classes and finally people are forced to PTFO. Yes the game has flaws that need ironing out but trust the community to go from stating BF1 is "too casual" to BFV being so hardcore its getting hate.

    Just my opinion anyway :)
  • BootlegZeus
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

    Whilst I didn't like BF1 much I hate this game even more.

    I was really looking forward to BF V but this game is just not doing it for me.

    I have requested a cancellation of my pre-order with CD Keys.

    BF2, BC2 & Vietnam, BF3 and BF4 were great games but alas DICE have lost their mojo.

    Sad day really I feel very emotional and disappointed that it's looking like the end.



    I feel you. I am very Depressed Today. I feel like this is the end as well. This is the worst BF i Have ever played before. This is not even BattleField. :neutral:
  • BootlegZeus
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    una322 wrote: »
    I disagree 100% but that's cool, i'm not saying your wrong, good for you you enjoy the game.
    Personally i feel BFV has to many underlying issues at its core that effect the game in a negative way.

    In a brief summery i will say bfv, looks graphically worse than bf1 in many ways. Its graphics effects are over the top and cause issues with visibility which just gets frustrating after awhile. Saturation , color is off and everything feels like it has vaseline all over it.

    The upgrade system is complete garbage. All the perk upgrades for each gun have split paths. IF you want more than one play style on a gun you have to re buy those perks over again, because once you pick a tree your locked in. The upgrades as well are just pure stat boosts, more dmg, less kick ext. There are no negatives at all for any, its a style of play and that's it. Cosmetic upgrades have no effect on the weapon at all. Every aspect of the upgrade weapon system is worse than say BF4 by some way, hell even worse than bf1. At least in bf1 you could quickly change your setup in game. Currently you cannot change perks , upgrades in game. So if you get that cool unlock for a scope say mid game, you have to quit the game and apply it and then re enter a new game... yeh real fun that.

    Gunplay is fine, its good has more gun control requirements for sure, but all that is nullified due to the TTK being so low, don't need to control your gun when you can spam and kill someone so fast. Don't need to be a pro sniper , just go assault and use the DMR. The balance is broken currently.

    Gameplay is not fun. Personal opinion but i feel that enough people have spoken up about this that there is something to it. I mean this doesn't feel like a BF game? Ok so what does a BF game feel like? It feels like a war , a big war with 64 players in game , bombs and shells going off everywhere, running from scary tanks and watching out for the sky all at the same time. Doing cool stuff, like jumping out of a plane and sniping while para shooting, btw something you can no longer do in bfv. All of these things are iconic to BF , Hence those "BF Moments" BFV doesn't have these, half the time the maps feel empty in 64 player severs. Can you imagine how empty they would feel in a 32 player server?
    I berlive this is down to the fact we have basically no spotting now, people don't know where the main front line is, so they all run off at spawn to different locations and you have 64 players spread out over a large map, hence why it feels empty half the time. Lets also talk about sound, go back to BF1, play it for a bit, and your notice the sound of consistent gunfire going on everywhere, why? because people are not afraid to lay down cover fire, suppression fire ext and just go for there shots. This has been totally stripped away in bfv because of the lack of ammo. The lack of ammo means people tend to save on there ammo and wont even provide cover fire.

    For a game that is meant to push for team play, its doing it all wrong. I'm sure you have notice even less people will revive in game than bf1 or any other bf. Why? because its to risky, the animation takes to long and because of the low TTK its a big risk that no one wants to take. Ammo being rare to encourage support to supply ammo and for players to stick with there squad is all taken away because you can pick up ammo from the dead or the 100 different supply caches around the map. Once you learn where they are you never need a support guy to give you ammo again. They even added bandages now so you can self heal. Why need a medic when people can heal themsealfs and half the time you get shot in this game anyway the low TTK means your most probably dead anyway. Again taking away from team play.

    The lower ttk conbined with op weapons like the Assaults arsenal means a campy insta' death game where you can snipe across the map with dmr's and autos faster than you can with a sniper rifle. Again balance is broke and its no fun.

    Then we can talk about Tanks and planes. They are weak, soon as a tank is out its dead from rockets or c4, they have limited ammo and there so slow there easy to hit, or hard to run away. Planes feel like they are not dangerous anymore compared to any other BF game, so you no longer bother looking up at the sky anymore, i mean why would you, the planes cant see crap anyway with the lack of spotting and there terrible AoE damage.
    All those things above makes BF feel like a BF Inf game with vehicles being there just because. Also tank shells have next to no splash damage anymore , they just don't feel scary at all. BF is always been about inf , vehicle and air combat, right now its just an INF game with a gimmick of vehicles there because hey gotta have em right its a BF game...

    Rag doll is broken, there server side, they spaz out and look dumb , why change them when they worked just fine before?
    Reused indoor environments right out of BF1, doesn't help the game feel like its own game , but more like an expansion.
    Squads are broken
    Flag caps are the same 2 shades of the same color for capping and control, sometimes making it hard to tell if you control a flag or not.
    The building mechanic is a nice idea, but it has next to no effect in the game at all, and after awhile people will use it less and less, right now most people who pay it down just are doing so to check it out.

    The fun of BF is gone in bfv, to many animations for everything make the game feel clunky. Cant parrashoot off buildings or bridges? why because that's to fun right gotta take that out the game.
    Cant do cool stunts in planes anymore because , na too fun.
    Planes spawn in the air, i mean why did we keep that from bf1? i mean why cant we take off from aircraft carriers or runways anymore? People want realistic yet we are spawning mid air its lame. Also a lot of the fun from bf2 ect was sneaking behind enemy lines and taking out planes ect.

    The list just goes on, i really cba to think of anymore, but that's enough right? This game just is'nt fun. I go back and play bf1 or bf4 and its just so much more fun and rewarding. The graphics in bf1 are still better somehow? the feeling of being in a ..... battlefield is there, unlike bfv.

    So yeah glad you enjoy but i cant see how all of those issues don't bother you op, but hey its fine if they don't good for you, enjoy , but to me this is the beggining of the end of BF, unles they take an even bigger delay and fix this mess of a game.

    I agree with you 1000% you said every thing I am thinking. They took battlefield out of Battlefield the game is Ruined. Our beloved game is just gone now due to wall street ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

    Whilst I didn't like BF1 much I hate this game even more.

    I was really looking forward to BF V but this game is just not doing it for me.

    I have requested a cancellation of my pre-order with CD Keys.

    BF2, BC2 & Vietnam, BF3 and BF4 were great games but alas DICE have lost their mojo.

    Sad day really I feel very emotional and disappointed that it's looking like the end.



    I feel you. I am very Depressed Today. I feel like this is the end as well. This is the worst BF i Have ever played before. This is not even BattleField. :neutral:

    Wit this you confirmed you not known what is battlefield.

    Battlefield V is the first game resamble a Battlefield after Battlefield 2142.

    The easier cod mix game from bc2-bf1 are only a way to get some cod players, time to return to make a good game now.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

    Whilst I didn't like BF1 much I hate this game even more.

    I was really looking forward to BF V but this game is just not doing it for me.

    I have requested a cancellation of my pre-order with CD Keys.

    BF2, BC2 & Vietnam, BF3 and BF4 were great games but alas DICE have lost their mojo.

    Sad day really I feel very emotional and disappointed that it's looking like the end.



    I feel you. I am very Depressed Today. I feel like this is the end as well. This is the worst BF i Have ever played before. This is not even BattleField. :neutral:

    Wit this you confirmed you not known what is battlefield.

    Battlefield V is the first game resamble a Battlefield after Battlefield 2142.

    The easier cod mix game from bc2-bf1 are only a way to get some cod players, time to return to make a good game now.

    Lol that's just your opinion it doesn't mean anything more than what he said, just because you think that doesn't make it the truth.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

    Whilst I didn't like BF1 much I hate this game even more.

    I was really looking forward to BF V but this game is just not doing it for me.

    I have requested a cancellation of my pre-order with CD Keys.

    BF2, BC2 & Vietnam, BF3 and BF4 were great games but alas DICE have lost their mojo.

    Sad day really I feel very emotional and disappointed that it's looking like the end.



    I feel you. I am very Depressed Today. I feel like this is the end as well. This is the worst BF i Have ever played before. This is not even BattleField. :neutral:

    Wit this you confirmed you not known what is battlefield.

    Battlefield V is the first game resamble a Battlefield after Battlefield 2142.

    The easier cod mix game from bc2-bf1 are only a way to get some cod players, time to return to make a good game now.

    Lol that's just your opinion it doesn't mean anything more than what he said, just because you think that doesn't make it the truth.

    Opinion? only because you don't have idea of how the older game work, not make the fact an opinion.

    The fact is Battlefield V have more similarities with older Battlefield.

    Is a fact the try to make the Battlefield Series more similar to cod to gather cod players was a big fail, cod continue to be selled better.

    Now EA and Dice trying to come back how much is possibile to older Battlefield.

    Maybe you can't like but this is all facts.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

    Whilst I didn't like BF1 much I hate this game even more.

    I was really looking forward to BF V but this game is just not doing it for me.

    I have requested a cancellation of my pre-order with CD Keys.

    BF2, BC2 & Vietnam, BF3 and BF4 were great games but alas DICE have lost their mojo.

    Sad day really I feel very emotional and disappointed that it's looking like the end.



    I feel you. I am very Depressed Today. I feel like this is the end as well. This is the worst BF i Have ever played before. This is not even BattleField. :neutral:

    Wit this you confirmed you not known what is battlefield.

    Battlefield V is the first game resamble a Battlefield after Battlefield 2142.

    The easier cod mix game from bc2-bf1 are only a way to get some cod players, time to return to make a good game now.

    Lol that's just your opinion it doesn't mean anything more than what he said, just because you think that doesn't make it the truth.

    Opinion? only because you don't have idea of how the older game work, not make the fact an opinion.

    The fact is Battlefield V have more similarities with older Battlefield.

    Is a fact the try to make the Battlefield Series more similar to cod to gather cod players was a big fail, cod continue to be selled better.

    Now EA and Dice trying to come back how much is possibile to older Battlefield.

    Maybe you can't like but this is all facts.

    Yeah opinion 'wit dis you show you not know what battlefield is' you're not an expert over someone else just because in your opinion you think this game is better than the last 4 Battlefield games.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

    Whilst I didn't like BF1 much I hate this game even more.

    I was really looking forward to BF V but this game is just not doing it for me.

    I have requested a cancellation of my pre-order with CD Keys.

    BF2, BC2 & Vietnam, BF3 and BF4 were great games but alas DICE have lost their mojo.

    Sad day really I feel very emotional and disappointed that it's looking like the end.



    I feel you. I am very Depressed Today. I feel like this is the end as well. This is the worst BF i Have ever played before. This is not even BattleField. :neutral:

    Wit this you confirmed you not known what is battlefield.

    Battlefield V is the first game resamble a Battlefield after Battlefield 2142.

    The easier cod mix game from bc2-bf1 are only a way to get some cod players, time to return to make a good game now.

    Lol that's just your opinion it doesn't mean anything more than what he said, just because you think that doesn't make it the truth.

    Opinion? only because you don't have idea of how the older game work, not make the fact an opinion.

    The fact is Battlefield V have more similarities with older Battlefield.

    Is a fact the try to make the Battlefield Series more similar to cod to gather cod players was a big fail, cod continue to be selled better.

    Now EA and Dice trying to come back how much is possibile to older Battlefield.

    Maybe you can't like but this is all facts.

    Yeah opinion 'wit dis you show you not know what battlefield is' you're not an expert over someone else just because in your opinion you think this game is better than the last 4 Battlefield games.

    Come on only because you want a cod with vehicle, the facts can't be changed.

    Battlefield Series have a gameplay, bc2-bf1 changed this gameplay failing hard on their objective.

    Now is up to you accept or continue to lying yourself.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

    Whilst I didn't like BF1 much I hate this game even more.

    I was really looking forward to BF V but this game is just not doing it for me.

    I have requested a cancellation of my pre-order with CD Keys.

    BF2, BC2 & Vietnam, BF3 and BF4 were great games but alas DICE have lost their mojo.

    Sad day really I feel very emotional and disappointed that it's looking like the end.



    I feel you. I am very Depressed Today. I feel like this is the end as well. This is the worst BF i Have ever played before. This is not even BattleField. :neutral:

    Wit this you confirmed you not known what is battlefield.

    Battlefield V is the first game resamble a Battlefield after Battlefield 2142.

    The easier cod mix game from bc2-bf1 are only a way to get some cod players, time to return to make a good game now.

    Lol that's just your opinion it doesn't mean anything more than what he said, just because you think that doesn't make it the truth.

    Opinion? only because you don't have idea of how the older game work, not make the fact an opinion.

    The fact is Battlefield V have more similarities with older Battlefield.

    Is a fact the try to make the Battlefield Series more similar to cod to gather cod players was a big fail, cod continue to be selled better.

    Now EA and Dice trying to come back how much is possibile to older Battlefield.

    Maybe you can't like but this is all facts.

    Yeah opinion 'wit dis you show you not know what battlefield is' you're not an expert over someone else just because in your opinion you think this game is better than the last 4 Battlefield games.

    Come on only because you want a cod with vehicle, the facts can't be changed.

    Battlefield Series have a gameplay, bc2-bf1 changed this gameplay failing hard on their objective.

    Now is up to you accept or continue to lying yourself.

    Alright you can be delusional thinking all the made up fantasy stuff you've decided in your head, I don't ever see anyone hardly mention BF2 until now it's always BC 1 or 2 and BF3/BF4 but you can keep thinking you're opinion is a fact but it's not. Keep on lying to yourself with made up facts lol.


    Must be nice thinking whatever you say is a fact when it isn't.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm pretty sure adding kill/score streak rewards and weapon upgrades with no trade-offs isn't very "Battlefield-like."

    This is one reason why Battlefield V is perhaps doomed. DICE has brought back some features from the old Refractor (2) Engine Battlefield titles to try and give Battlefield V a more "hardcore" feel (which I don't oppose, for most intents), but at the same time, they also add other features to make the game more "casual." Then you also mix in the over-the-top character customization and all that UI flair you get with practically every action you perform (that "V" that covers half of the screen is bloody annoying), and the game looks as if it's trying to appeal to a younger audience from the visual perspective. UI clutter and overdone lighting effects makes the game look disgusting and off-putting.

    Battlefield V has a huge identity crisis. Most of the Frostbite Battlefield titles do, but it's very glaring (to me personally) in Battlefield V.
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

    Whilst I didn't like BF1 much I hate this game even more.

    I was really looking forward to BF V but this game is just not doing it for me.

    I have requested a cancellation of my pre-order with CD Keys.

    BF2, BC2 & Vietnam, BF3 and BF4 were great games but alas DICE have lost their mojo.

    Sad day really I feel very emotional and disappointed that it's looking like the end.



    I feel you. I am very Depressed Today. I feel like this is the end as well. This is the worst BF i Have ever played before. This is not even BattleField. :neutral:

    Wit this you confirmed you not known what is battlefield.

    Battlefield V is the first game resamble a Battlefield after Battlefield 2142.

    The easier cod mix game from bc2-bf1 are only a way to get some cod players, time to return to make a good game now.

    Lol that's just your opinion it doesn't mean anything more than what he said, just because you think that doesn't make it the truth.

    Opinion? only because you don't have idea of how the older game work, not make the fact an opinion.

    The fact is Battlefield V have more similarities with older Battlefield.

    Is a fact the try to make the Battlefield Series more similar to cod to gather cod players was a big fail, cod continue to be selled better.

    Now EA and Dice trying to come back how much is possibile to older Battlefield.

    Maybe you can't like but this is all facts.

    Yeah opinion 'wit dis you show you not know what battlefield is' you're not an expert over someone else just because in your opinion you think this game is better than the last 4 Battlefield games.

    Come on only because you want a cod with vehicle, the facts can't be changed.

    Battlefield Series have a gameplay, bc2-bf1 changed this gameplay failing hard on their objective.

    Now is up to you accept or continue to lying yourself.

    Alright you can be delusional thinking all the made up fantasy stuff you've decided in your head, I don't ever see anyone hardly mention BF2 until now it's always BC 1 or 2 and BF3/BF4 but you can keep thinking you're opinion is a fact but it's not. Keep on lying to yourself with made up facts lol.

    people hardly mention it because most of those people left and gave up when battlefield started to change beyond what they recognize. (the purges that happened when BF3 basically announced that it wouldn't have mod support didn't help).

    BF2 wasn't perfect (glaring flaws even compared to games of it's era, Gunplay felt bad/weird) but it did carry a certain "feel" which at first glance BF:V seems to have.

    Really I think the stuff that's most "wrong" with BF:V are all the things it carries over from BC:2-BF:1 era battlefield-games.
    The lack of a "Stamina"-bar, and general movement pace;
    the lack of Faction-Restricted-Weapons and Gadgets;
    the "spawn on any squadmate"-spawn system;
    the "oh I'm carrying a rocket-launcher but it's not a main weapon"-thing;
    (Probably) the "Lack of Moddable(even in theory) Dedicated Servers";
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    DyD_Marina wrote: »
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

    Whilst I didn't like BF1 much I hate this game even more.

    I was really looking forward to BF V but this game is just not doing it for me.

    I have requested a cancellation of my pre-order with CD Keys.

    BF2, BC2 & Vietnam, BF3 and BF4 were great games but alas DICE have lost their mojo.

    Sad day really I feel very emotional and disappointed that it's looking like the end.



    I feel you. I am very Depressed Today. I feel like this is the end as well. This is the worst BF i Have ever played before. This is not even BattleField. :neutral:

    Wit this you confirmed you not known what is battlefield.

    Battlefield V is the first game resamble a Battlefield after Battlefield 2142.

    The easier cod mix game from bc2-bf1 are only a way to get some cod players, time to return to make a good game now.

    Lol that's just your opinion it doesn't mean anything more than what he said, just because you think that doesn't make it the truth.

    Opinion? only because you don't have idea of how the older game work, not make the fact an opinion.

    The fact is Battlefield V have more similarities with older Battlefield.

    Is a fact the try to make the Battlefield Series more similar to cod to gather cod players was a big fail, cod continue to be selled better.

    Now EA and Dice trying to come back how much is possibile to older Battlefield.

    Maybe you can't like but this is all facts.

    Yeah opinion 'wit dis you show you not know what battlefield is' you're not an expert over someone else just because in your opinion you think this game is better than the last 4 Battlefield games.

    Come on only because you want a cod with vehicle, the facts can't be changed.

    Battlefield Series have a gameplay, bc2-bf1 changed this gameplay failing hard on their objective.

    Now is up to you accept or continue to lying yourself.

    Alright you can be delusional thinking all the made up fantasy stuff you've decided in your head, I don't ever see anyone hardly mention BF2 until now it's always BC 1 or 2 and BF3/BF4 but you can keep thinking you're opinion is a fact but it's not. Keep on lying to yourself with made up facts lol.


    Must be nice thinking whatever you say is a fact when it isn't.

    Ok you want to lying yourself no problem.
  • lorenzburg
    63 postsMember Member
    I think you're exaggerating when you wrote "exponentially", BF1 was great and it still is very funny to play: BF1 can't be beaten easily, I always feel very immersed in the battles and especially in operations and everytime it makes me think: "let's do it before christmas!"

    But anyway I like BFV and I'm glad I preordered it, but judging a beta is not the best idea, but I'm sure that this game will be awesome! I can't wait to see "Breakthrough"! Even if Grand Operations are the good new thing, the old BF1 Operations were my favourite game mode and I can't wait to smash the enemy lines or the attackers!
    Really, I am very excited when thinking at the possible intro speeches for battles such as Stalingrad, Omaha Beach, El Alamein, Kursk, Berlin, Okinawa!
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1043 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Old school vets (series starters and backers) will more than likely agree this will probably be the best BF since BF1942. I wouldn't be surprised a bit to see some old timers back in the game. Modern BF'ers (BC2 onward) don't know anything about what BF was when it started.

    TTK .... BF1942/Vietnam/BF2
    Ammo/Health Scarcity, crates ... BF1942/Vietnam
    No doritos/apples ... BF1942/Vietnam
    Limited vehicle ammo, forced resupply .... BF1942/Vietnam
    Strategy over Run-n-gun .... BF1942/Vietnam
    Teamplay ..... BF1942/Vietnam

    Spot on Rev. Some long time gaming friends are reappearing after many years and showing great interest in BF V as it has gone back to BF's roots. I am also very optimistic about the route the developers are taking with this title. Really feels closer to some of the originals in terms of gameplay strategy. A modern BF2/1942.. I'm certainly on board.

    250cc.
  • S1mmOJ
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    mdmnk0 wrote: »
    I've logged a little over 27 in-game days on Battlefield 1, 24 days of which were spent as support class.

    Whereas BF1 feels more like an arcade version of Battlefield, BFV feels slower paced, strategic and realistic. Although it needs some work, I feel that overall BFV is a major improvement in every area save for a few.

    MAJOR Improvements
    • Gunplay: although ttd needs some slight adjustment, I love being forced to play the corners and maneuver strategically. There's less COD-style fights where you blindly rush (pray and spray)
    • Removal of spotting system + camo This has vastly improved the game, i've been able to hide on the ground with large groups of enemies running right past me, pick a few off and keep hiding... this is absolutely wonderful and will be even better with sileceners and various camo options -- makes skins and customizations make sense
    • Crate interactions: I thought I'd hate the new interaction system as I enjoy getting hundreds of resupplies in a round... it feels nice though and makes me think harder about where I place crates, I believe players will learn over time to interact with them properly. A suggestion I have here: much longer crate re-placement cooldowns (like 1 to 2 minutes) and the ability to pick a placed crate back up would be awesome.
    • Movement system: Needs a small amount of polish but feels smooth and hugely improved. Vaulting is smooth as is sliding around corners and ducking for cover -- I also really like that I can finally jump through un-broken windows. Tee Buggin has also been improved... feels faster and more fluid... and its more fun to do when your enemy is begging for a revive >:)
    • Graphics / destruction: Improved character models and the destruction looks great
    • Gun customizations: I like it thus far, I'm glad upgrades lock in and force me to collect more of the same model if i want to change its features
    • More defense: finally we're being rewarded for defending! new ticketing system is so much better... matches have been closer overall
    • Squads: teaming up with friends and moving from server to server etc. is MUCH smoother and has been improved in several ways

    MAJOR problems
    • A very strict profanity filter which cannot be disabled and in so doing runs the risk of stifling conversation in chat and thus harms the PC community.
    • Potential lack of dedicated servers (obviously we have no confirmation on this yet) -- I want to keep playing on clan servers such as AOD, Beakers Playground etc. -- If we can't play on dedicated clan servers, this will harm the PC community.
    • Removal of press to zoom, hold to toggle mini-map setting -- this thing is very handy and really needs to come back

    Minor issues
    • Sound seems like it needs a bit of work - I'm using Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones... they sound great in every other game. This one doesn't sound bad, its just a little low and sometimes hard to pick out individual footsteps... explosions sound a bit like they're in a tin can sometimes
    • Waiting for revives gets a bit tedious... might get really old over time, not sure how i feel about it yet
    • Some animations are a bit wonky... my soldier's arm looks like its going to snap in half when I throw a grenade for instance
    • Getting thrown around by explosions, killed, insta-revived by a medic etc. can sometimes be jarring to view in way that I don't believe is intentional -- doesn't look or feel that smooth sometimes, maybe this is unavoidable though

    As a final note: please consider re-adding and expanding on a commander mode who is able to communicate with and coordinate all the squads on a team.

    How you get excited over this game is beyond me. There are so many bugs and glitches its borderline unplayable, I mean - BF5 can't even keep track of scoring properly.

    And btw, 24 days of support is enough to turn anyone off of BF1. You can't really say going to Disneyland for 1 month but only visiting Epcot is truly experiencing the whole show...

    To that effect, you've not giving BF1 the chance it deserves therefore your arguments against it are essentially void.
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    S1mmOJ wrote: »
    How you get excited over this game is beyond me. There are so many bugs and glitches its borderline unplayable, I mean - BF5 can't even keep track of scoring properly.

    And btw, 24 days of support is enough to turn anyone off of BF1. You can't really say going to Disneyland for 1 month but only visiting Epcot is truly experiencing the whole show...

    To that effect, you've not giving BF1 the chance it deserves therefore your arguments against it are essentially void.

    The bugs and glitches will be patched as time goes on just like every BF game.

    I had to re-read the comment to understand your point. Support class is fun, i don't get burned out by playing just one class. I experienced disneyland in bf1 and now i'm ready for disneyworld with bfv.
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    [quote="mdmnk0;d-154724"
    Yes - this is a dramatic improvement. The game has massively improved by enabling camping and encouraging people to hide and 'keep hiding'. Don't worry about objectives. Just leave those to people that like getting shot in teh back by people like you with a great K/D but no intention of actually playing he game.

    Hiding in corners is what makes BFV great. Much lolz.

    What you did here is provide a summary of what most people HATE about this beta.

    Yes that is what SOME people hate about the beta, and other people such as myself like the strategy. If you are imagining that I'm playing the entire game posted up behind a wall you are incorrect. I play with a squad and we move from cover to cover. I was merely pointing out that the camo + lack of spotting works as it is intended and allows players to blend into their environment.

    AFAIK CoD doesn't have much defense or strategy, that series of game may be of interest to you and the other people who don't care for this series.
Sign In or Register to comment.