deleted

Comments

• xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I agree with you 1000% you said every thing I am thinking. They took battlefield out of Battlefield the game is Ruined. Our beloved game is just gone now due to wall street ****
    [/quote]

More like brought "battlefield" back into it, as in from some of the originals like BF2 and 1942. Where teamwork and tactics prevailed over mindless body throwing at objectives and a barrage of explosives at choke points.
  • XIMKillerXIM
    27 postsMember Member
    mdmnk0 wrote: »
    [quote="mdmnk0;d-154724"
    Yes - this is a dramatic improvement. The game has massively improved by enabling camping and encouraging people to hide and 'keep hiding'. Don't worry about objectives. Just leave those to people that like getting shot in teh back by people like you with a great K/D but no intention of actually playing he game.

Hiding in corners is what makes BFV great. Much lolz.

What you did here is provide a summary of what most people HATE about this beta.

Yes that is what SOME people hate about the beta, and other people such as myself like the strategy. If you are imagining that I'm playing the entire game posted up behind a wall you are incorrect. I play with a squad and we move from cover to cover. I was merely pointing out that the camo + lack of spotting works as it is intended and allows players to blend into their environment.

AFAIK CoD doesn't have much defense or strategy, that series of game may be of interest to you and the other people who don't care for this series.

I'm just playing your words back to you. Ive got 80 days plus in BF1 and many many more across other titles.

This game is a massive drag. Want to go to battle, get ammo an health, if I get there, (past the the guys like you hiding and continuing to hide) engage a couple, and go and get some more ammo and another health pack......Get blown up by a V2 rocket with no counter. Really enjoyed that. Go back to spawn - get some ammo and a health pack.....yawn.....
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [/quote]

How you get excited over this game is beyond me. There are so many bugs and glitches its borderline unplayable, I mean - BF5 can't even keep track of scoring properly.

And btw, 24 days of support is enough to turn anyone off of BF1. You can't really say going to Disneyland for 1 month but only visiting Epcot is truly experiencing the whole show...

To that effect, you've not giving BF1 the chance it deserves therefore your arguments against it are essentially void.[/quote]

People sure do use the word "unplayable" pretty loosely these days. I played the crap out of bf1 and got my monies worth, but id take Bf5 in it's current state then continue playing bf1. While there are some annoying bugs, I've played it pretty successfully for probably 20 hours now and have had a very positive experience. Does it need work? no doubt.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1043 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    [quote="mdmnk0;d-154724"
    Yes - this is a dramatic improvement. The game has massively improved by enabling camping and encouraging people to hide and 'keep hiding'. Don't worry about objectives. Just leave those to people that like getting shot in teh back by people like you with a great K/D but no intention of actually playing he game.

What you did here is provide a summary of what most people HATE about this beta.

Yes that is what SOME people hate about the beta, and other people such as myself like the strategy. If you are imagining that I'm playing the entire game posted up behind a wall you are incorrect. I play with a squad and we move from cover to cover. I was merely pointing out that the camo + lack of spotting works as it is intended and allows players to blend into their environment.

AFAIK CoD doesn't have much defense or strategy, that series of game may be of interest to you and the other people who don't care for this series.

I'm just playing your words back to you. Ive got 80 days plus in BF1 and many many more across other titles.

This game is a massive drag. Want to go to battle, get ammo an health, if I get there, (past the the guys like you hiding and continuing to hide) engage a couple, and go and get some more ammo and another health pack......Get blown up by a V2 rocket with no counter. Really enjoyed that. Go back to spawn - get some ammo and a health pack.....yawn.....

Now try playing with a team. You'll have ammo, health, additional cover fire and eyes to spot those campers. Our team mopped up the other day and we worked together. BF V won't suit lone wolves and those used to the recent casualfields.

250cc.
  • StompAGirl
    132 postsMember Member
    I don't think it's better or worse than BF1, it's just different. Frankly if it was too close to BF1 I wouldn't want to play it - I LOVE BF1, but I've been playing BF1 since it came out, and I'm ready for something different. BF1 isn't going anywhere, and I believe I will play both.
    As for BF V, it's a more serious game, in my opinion. In a way it feels a little more ... what's the word, you have to work at it, that's what I'm thinking. You can't just charge a point over open ground and expect to live through it, you have to think about what you're doing, what approach you want to make on the enemy, really think about where the snipers are at, use smoke, etc. It's a slower game from my perspective, you have to be more careful if you want to live long enough to enjoy it. Position matters a lot more.
    Strategy - definitely keep moving if you aren't in cover, standing there like a dope is going to get you sniped. Keep moving once you engage, with the fast TTK you have to be harder to hit while you're landing rounds. Think before you leap from cover. Wait for reinforcements before you charge a point. STOP MOVING LONG ENOUGH FOR YOUR SQUAD TO SPAWN ON YOU if you're the last player on your squad left alive. Etc.
    Not necessarily worse or better ... but definitely different.
    Adapt and overcome.
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Couple more small beta issues that need to be addressed:
    1. The cap / defend icon is too large and blocks a pretty large portion of the screen which can be difficult to deal with when you're attempting to cap and fight enemies
    2. Open Q menu wheel and hover over one of the icons and then try to cancel that choice with Esc or just by hovering over something... you can't
    3. Occasionally I will get killed and the game shows me as un-reviveable, i spawn out to the map, then someone revives me and i'm stuck in the map until I redeploy
    4. Occasionally the UI cuts out and no one has icons above their heads (sometimes you have to restart game to fix this, sometimes it autocorrects)
    5. When using the mid-range scope on the KE7 the scope goes black for a second before you can see through it -- terrible when trying to move and scope quickly
    Post edited by 0KNMDM on
  • uadarthmaul
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Excitement of playing doesn't compare to BF1 at all. I just cancelled my pre order and see if they can make this fun again. About Everyone is complaining about this bf5 on beta

BF1 was the worst game in the series bar none. It is the only one that I stopped playing within a few weeks of release. Bf4 I had 1000s of hours on. Bf1's guns were terrible, the maps were tiny, and the feel was sluggish. Bf5 is leaps and bounds better.
  • uadarthmaul
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree. Bad Company 2 and BF1 are the two best Battlefield games to date. BFV plays like an in between type of game. Maybe this one just isn't for my taste. I prefer the graphics, fun and extreme warzone of BF1 with all the cinematics.

Wow. You picked the 2 worst ones... Bf4 was the best, followed by 2.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    I disagree. Bad Company 2 and BF1 are the two best Battlefield games to date. BFV plays like an in between type of game. Maybe this one just isn't for my taste. I prefer the graphics, fun and extreme warzone of BF1 with all the cinematics.

Wow. You picked the 2 worst ones... Bf4 was the best, followed by 2.

Best BF game for DICE is one that sell most copies.
    Best BF game that have best gameplay and was most fun is one that had most active players when last DLC was out.

One sold 22 mill copies but had sub 20k players when last dlc was out - bf1

Other had 500k players when last DLC was out - bf3

It is all about player count
  • buckeyefan26x
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF:V is the worst battlefield game so far in its history, the gameplay is awful, the vehicles are super weak, the planes are worthless, the animations/gameplay arent smooth at all and extremely buggy. This doesn't feel like a world war 2 game , it feels like your playing a crappier version of 6v6 call of duty match. This game doesnt feel like a AAA product from Dice but more like a indie developer.
  • SaltyCheesyCrack
    4 postsMember Member
    edited September 2018
    [quote="mdmnk0;d-154724"

Now try playing with a team. You'll have ammo, health, additional cover fire and eyes to spot those campers. Our team mopped up the other day and we worked together. BF V won't suit lone wolves and those used to the recent casualfields.

250cc.

I think that he was illustrating a point.
  • S1mmOJ
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I suppose the point I was trying to make, or rather the question I was trying to answer myself is:

What does BF5 do that BF1 doesn't already do?

Think hard, it's very difficult to pinpoint a definitive answer. And then ask yourself, are the differences worth $90?

No, they aren't.
  • 0KNMDM
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    S1mmOJ wrote: »
    I suppose the point I was trying to make, or rather the question I was trying to answer myself is:

What does BF5 do that BF1 doesn't already do?

Think hard, it's very difficult to pinpoint a definitive answer. And then ask yourself, are the differences worth $90?

No, they aren't.

Its a massively different game in terms of gameplay etc -- is it still conquest? yes, because its still battlefield. I already preordered
  • Infinit8m
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf5 is the worst at the moment of the bf saga
  • 0KNMDM
    edited April 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by 0KNMDM on
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Infinit8m wrote: »
    Bf5 is the worst at the moment of the bf saga

Interesting. Have you played every BF title extensively?

No, then you cannot make that claim.
    You can only claim it's the worst from what you've played.

BF5 is more like the original BF.

Agreed, load up bc2 -- feels almost the same... very well done.

Load up BF 1942 ....
  • WILDSC0RPI0N
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Old school vets (series starters and backers) will more than likely agree this will probably be the best BF since BF1942. I wouldn't be surprised a bit to see some old timers back in the game. Modern BF'ers (BC2 onward) don't know anything about what BF was when it started.

TTK .... BF1942/Vietnam/BF2
    Ammo/Health Scarcity, crates ... BF1942/Vietnam
    No doritos/apples ... BF1942/Vietnam
    Limited vehicle ammo, forced resupply .... BF1942/Vietnam
    Strategy over Run-n-gun .... BF1942/Vietnam
    Teamplay ..... BF1942/Vietnam

i am bf vet and have been played every bf title since bf2(that was best battlefield game). BFV do not have any appeal to me. Graphicaly its worse than bf1, its bad console port which wont work well even with 9900k. Dice always find a way to ruin next title, they change things which no one from community asked them to change and they did not improved/ditched many things which they should long time ago. For example: they introduced horrible supression effect in bf3 which rewarded blind bats over players with good aim which pretty much ruined infantry gameplay. In bf4 they ruined sniper class totally(class got airguns instead of powerful rifles) while sniper rifles was good in bf3 and should not been changed like they did. In bf3 and bf4 tanks and air vehicles were insanelly OP vs infantry and what dice did? They nerfed c4,stingers and rpgs with one of the patches. In bf1 they introduced idiotic sentry classes (horse surviving 50 bullets, sentry soldiers surviving k bullets in the heads etc), first world war tanks drives like ferraries and planes flying like F16s with ability to resupply itself in the air????? In bf2 you needed to land on airfield to resupply with modern air vehicles and still you was OP with them. BFV game some calling squad play game? I have been revived ten times less than in bf1 which is not squad play oriented game at all. Maps from beta are horrible too. This is first bf game i will not preorder for sure and will probably totally skip.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SC0RPl0N wrote: »
    Old school vets (series starters and backers) will more than likely agree this will probably be the best BF since BF1942. I wouldn't be surprised a bit to see some old timers back in the game. Modern BF'ers (BC2 onward) don't know anything about what BF was when it started.

TTK .... BF1942/Vietnam/BF2
    Ammo/Health Scarcity, crates ... BF1942/Vietnam
    No doritos/apples ... BF1942/Vietnam
    Limited vehicle ammo, forced resupply .... BF1942/Vietnam
    Strategy over Run-n-gun .... BF1942/Vietnam
    Teamplay ..... BF1942/Vietnam

i am bf vet and have been played every bf title since bf2(that was best battlefield game). BFV do not have any appeal to me. Graphicaly its worse than bf1, its bad console port which wont work well even with 9900k. Dice always find a way to ruin next title, they change things which no one from community asked them to change and they dont improve/ditch many things which they should long time ago. For example: they introduced horrible supression effect in bf3 which rewarded blind bats over players with good aim. In bf4 they ruined sniper class totally(class got airguns instead of powerful rifles) while sniper rifles was good in bf3 and should not been changed like they did. In bf3 and bf4 tanks and air vehicles were insanelly OP vs infantry and what dice did? They nerfed c4,stingers and rpgs with on of the patches. In bf1 they introduced idiotic sentry classes (horse surviving 50 bullets, sentry soldiers surviving k bullets in the heads etc), first world war tanks drives like ferraries and planes flying like F16 and resupply itself in the air while in bf2 you needed to land on airfield to resupply with modern air vehicles and still you was OP with them. BFV game you are calling squad play game? i have been revived ten times less than in bf1 which is not squad play oriented game at all. Maps from beta are horrible too. This is first bf game i will not preorder for sure and will probably totally skip.

For me coming from 1942, then Vietnam ... and mods ... going in to BF2 I was like WTF!!!????!!! Vehicles got gimped, we now have revive. I wasn't excited. The squad system and the weapons systems where improvements, but it felt like everyone was a jack of all trades to a degree.

2142 same crap but you got mechs, machine gun drones, magnetic tank mines.

BC2 ... WTF you're now going to 3D spot players so the blind can have something to shoot at?? Audio spotting!!! No Prone...

BF3/BF4 same crap again. Casualfield hand holding. Walk the blueberry through every step of it. Teach the monkey to run in circles chasing stats. I need kills, I need SPM...I don't need a flag.

BFH ... didn't play it. Already have the CS series.

BF1 same crap and even more crap.

BF 5 seems a lot closer to the original formula .... game mechanic wise. I'm excited they brought back some of the original core mechanics.... and nerfed some of the baby fluff in the modern iterations.

Maps so far are small. No El Alamein or Gazala sized monsters. But then again BF1942 did have some small ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ maps too. Berlin was a hella small infantry focused map. Stalingrad ... even smaller. You could probably fit 3 of them in Rotterdam.

I'm positive there will be some huge maps in BF5.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Rev0verDrive wrote
    I'm positive there will be some huge maps in BF5.
    I really hope your right because so far I'm done with this infantry game.
    I could live with it if planes were ok, but they are not. Probably the worst in the BF series.