deleted

Comments

• ItsMeJamige
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tgryudfgyu wrote: »
    The destruction in BF1 is way way better than the BFV beta...

I have to disagree here. The BFV destruction is much more dynamic instead of BF1's sectioned pieces that broke the same way every time. Not to mention plowing through a house with a tank has never felt better. Honestly the best destruction since BC2.
  • tgryudfgyu
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    tgryudfgyu wrote: »
    The destruction in BF1 is way way better than the BFV beta...

I have to disagree here. The BFV destruction is much more dynamic instead of BF1's sectioned pieces that broke the same way every time. Not to mention plowing through a house with a tank has never felt better. Honestly the best destruction since BC2.

Busting up houses is cool I'll give you that but it seemed like too much stuff was indestructible otherwise, it felt like I wasn't really having an effect on the environment compared to bf1.
  • XIMKillerXIM
    27 postsMember Member
    edited September 2018
    Solid_KF wrote: »
    I tried explaining to a guy on r/battlefield_one how and why BFV is better than BF1...he came back talking to me about agendas and other bs.Now i see some guys saying Black ops 4 is better than BFV...

Look guys, i understand your franchise got boring and repetetive after Modern Warfare 3 and you moved to BF and somehow after many cod fans joined we started getting more and more casual titles but now DICE decided to listen to those who are in this franchise since 2002 and the core experience of BFV is how BF should be since 2011.

So why dont you just go back to your franchise or stick with BF1 so you can shoot doritos while camping on a heal without worrying about ammo or playing the objective and let the rest of us who know really well the potential of BFV and why its way better than the last BF titles we got?

Erm...Ive been playing BF since BF2. And I hate BFV it too compared with BF1. I have never played a COD game in my life. Why don't you write a really patronising response about how your opinion trumps mine because somehow the game got more casual and only REAL fans like you can appreciate the beauty of constantly getting killed by campers and taking about 3 players of 64 actually interested in PTFO.

I'm sure you will have suitably pithy response.
  • Kattetech
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would not call it exponentially better, and this is coming from comparisons with like Bad Company 2. My PC would call it exponentially harder to run though.

Also, do you know of a thing called sniper binoculars? GL with your camo buddy. This thing automates the satellite UAV level scan marking process.
  • Cassady1998
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Spot on OP, best gunplay ever in a bf game imo. Bf1 close to sucked imo with scrubs spamming vehicles and snipers everywhere, this game is a vast improvement.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The planes in BF5 are complete mess.
  • Turbo_Nozomix
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Battlefield 1 is total casual-fest garbage and is hands-down the worst game in the entire Battlefield series, counting all the PC, console, and F2P titles. Battlefield V being better than Battlefield 1 doesn't say a huge amount, since anything worse than Battlefield 1 would be death of the series. Battlefield 1 is hardly even a game, and is mostly just a visual demo.

But, yeah, Battlefield 5 is a bit of an improvement over Battlefield 1. It still seems way under-developed compared to Battlefield 4, and, of course, Battlefield 2 which is the most sophisticated, detailed, large-mapped, complex (in a very good way), and fun Battlefield game yet made.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Spot on OP, best gunplay ever in a bf game imo. Bf1 close to sucked imo with scrubs spamming vehicles and snipers everywhere, this game is a vast improvement.

'Scrubs' Battlefield has always been about vehicle gameplay that's what sets it apart from other fps games.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait for V still wish the beta was up I reached rank 41 playing each day that week.
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i guess it will be way better than BF1. i did enjoy bf1 too, but i always was hoping for a less casual bf. played a lot bf1942, cod1/2, day of defeat (classic). gunplay & ttk reminds me of that time. good thing!

ps: cod is complete garbage since mw.
  • Kyote9
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2018
    So i agree with OP in some respects and Una in others.

Graphically i much prefer BF1, the game looked unbelievable whereas this one theyve almost tried to hard to the point i feel detached from it graphically. I dont think the character models and customisation help at all here and quite frankly have ruined the immersion at times (reviving an asian woman in Norway whos apparantly SAS paratrooper) No issue with the woman just very out of place. Germans look great though.

Having got used to the tanks ive really enjoyed it. You can out play someone in a vehicle unlike bf1 where the category of tank determined if you won often e.g art truck vs heavy tank vs tankhunter landship vs light tank. Outmanover a tiger with a churchil for example. Or snipe one with a self propelled assault gun from range. If your not overly aggressive can dominate inf in tanks too.

Planes need work i agree love the stuka thats it.

Gun play is so much better, actually takes skill. Snipers can still perform well if used effectively, medic feels like a valid class again, assault is versatile only thing lacking to me is support because all classes can build and their weapons are dull if anything. Recoil patterns and gunplay coupled with new movement feels fantastic.

Map design is also way better, dont know why people loved bf1 for that yes it gave a sense of all out war but explosive spam kill corridors was just terrible gameplay particularly certain operations with half the team prone with lmgs and snipers now. Its actually gone more traditional with squad vs squad engagements on certain points in CQ, very intense and team.orientated. You want a clear front line, play an OP. That leads on to my final point.

Attrition/ammo, anyone gone on a mad killstreak yet? When you work your way through a squad, pick up the ammo cling on and cap the point then heal up it feels like your forced to play smart and feel so rewarded for it. Gone is the camping lmgs and snipers for an entire game, the ammo and health crates work great as it forces squads to contest for them and gives the objectives value both attacking and defending.

So many people hating on this game when gun play and movement is great, map design has been solid, the explosive spam is largely gone. Tanking takes skill, as does playing certain classes and finally people are forced to PTFO. Yes the game has flaws that need ironing out but trust the community to go from stating BF1 is "too casual" to BFV being so hardcore its getting hate.

Just my opinion anyway :)

Couldn't agree more.

Took some getting used to but I absolutely loved the BF5 gameplay – the ability to outsmart the run and gun players by playing with purpose. Calculating if I have enough ammo for my planned attacks and planning my attacks based on probability of picking up ammo from dead players or getting to a resupply or medic to fix my wounds to get back out and attack or defend objectives – so many options – should I build up the fortifications all around the area or setup only a few fortification chokepoints with some strategically placed C4 — so many good moments and ideas to try and perfect — cant wait for the release. This is the experience we need. This is what separates your game from the twitchy shooters like CoD and makes it fun.

Please don't dumb it down with high contrast uniforms and higher clip count and 100% autoheal. Give me the experience of a soldier in WW2 struggling to stay alive with his squad. Make me earn the medal of honor with skill and thought, not sheer twitch shooting with unlimited ammo, spongy health, and God knowledge of player location via everyone spotting enemies to light up like a Christmas tree. You can and do still provide the arcade-y feel without the hand holding while giving us opportunities to feel smart with the strategies we come up with in each scenario.
  • Libertine79
    102 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Old school vets (series starters and backers) will more than likely agree this will probably be the best BF since BF1942. I wouldn't be surprised a bit to see some old timers back in the game. Modern BF'ers (BC2 onward) don't know anything about what BF was when it started.

TTK .... BF1942/Vietnam/BF2
    Ammo/Health Scarcity, crates ... BF1942/Vietnam
    No doritos/apples ... BF1942/Vietnam
    Limited vehicle ammo, forced resupply .... BF1942/Vietnam
    Strategy over Run-n-gun .... BF1942/Vietnam
    Teamplay ..... BF1942/Vietnam

as somebody thats been around since BF1942 i wholeheartedly disagree.
    the gameplay is a lot less tactical and more run and gun than it ever was before. sure, ttk was low in bfv, 1942 and 2 but that doesnt mean you can compare them to this crap. the maps were A LOT bigger, more vehicles around lots of space to maneuever. bfv is just crap in that regard, compare it to COD, that would be more fitting but dont taint the memory of the first games of the series by saying this pile of dung is even close.
  • Abu_Dafuq
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TiMEvBoMB wrote: »

The truth hurts. BFV will be such a mess it will get abandoned fast.

Nope, will not. Wanna bet?

• Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Solid_KF wrote: »
    I tried explaining to a guy on r/battlefield_one how and why BFV is better than BF1...he came back talking to me about agendas and other bs.Now i see some guys saying Black ops 4 is better than BFV...

Look guys, i understand your franchise got boring and repetetive after Modern Warfare 3 and you moved to BF and somehow after many cod fans joined we started getting more and more casual titles but now DICE decided to listen to those who are in this franchise since 2002 and the core experience of BFV is how BF should be since 2011.

So why dont you just go back to your franchise or stick with BF1 so you can shoot doritos while camping on a heal without worrying about ammo or playing the objective and let the rest of us who know really well the potential of BFV and why its way better than the last BF titles we got?

Erm...Ive been playing BF since BF2. And I hate BFV it too compared with BF1. I have never played a COD game in my life. Why don't you write a really patronising response about how your opinion trumps mine because somehow the game got more casual and only REAL fans like you can appreciate the beauty of constantly getting killed by campers and taking about 3 players of 64 actually interested in PTFO.

I'm sure you will have suitably pithy response.

Well i dont know about your experience in BFV but it sounds like you kept playing the game like its BF1 and you were getring wrecked.

I had way more teamwork in 64 hours i added in BETA than i had in 1k hours in BF1.I loved BF1, it was something new and interesting in this franchise but it was also so casual.

Probably like i said above you are the type of player who seats on a heal with a sniper shooting doritos and telling your friends how good you are but my opinion trumps yours just because this franchise it was always about tactical team based gameplay and it started losing that feeling slowly since 2011.

I am not sure if i should believe that you play since BF2 because you dont have a single BF in your account but if you want to make this franchise more casual i think black ops 4 will suit your needs better.
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Strongly disagree with gunplay, gun customization and soldier movement.

• Gunplay is badly balanced, all weapons have gotten sniper level accuracy while sniper rifles have only gotten nerfed instead of buffed to offset this change. They should buff sniper damage and remove the automatic recoil decrease on all weapons so that shooting actually takes skill on all weapons instead of just sniper rifles.

• Upgrades are bad because it means that new players will have an added major disadvantage besides being unfamiliar and inexperienced, they should give alternatives with varying weapons stats as unlocks, not simple upgrades that make your gun straight up better vs those that don't have the upgrade yet.

• Soldier movement is too fast once again, this whining about soldier moving 'sluggish' is pure nonsense. Soldiers should have momentum to their movement otherwise it gets far too easy to dodge incoming fire. Dodging incoming fire isn't tactical either, you should be penalised for making positioning mistakes and not be given the ability to sonic-the- hedgehog your way out of danger. BF1 had all these 3 major gameplay defining factors much better.
    Post edited by Kunstula on
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 1 has a quality people can't quite quantify, and I think it's simply that Battlefield 1 is very INSPIRED, it plays off with the elements of WW1 and gamify them to create something that really is very different from what we were used to. also, Battlefield 1 had a sense of scale and pacing not quite like anything before it, this is both to Battlefield 1's detriment, but it's also it's greatest strength.
    the chaos of Battlefield 1 can be very exhausting, but good heavens Battlefield 1 has those "only in Battlefield moments" like no other game before it. Battlefield 1 knows that no matter how much teamwork, squad mechanics and core gameplay systems you need to balance and work around- at the core lies a power fantasy.

BFV feels like a more tightly constructed game, but a game created more by comitee and more by an almost religious loyalty to fine tuning the gameplay that it comes at the detriment of the game's energy and pacing. everything feels tactical, feels subdued, no freedom, you are always on your toes- you feel powerless... where is the power fantasy?

depth in gameplay the end does win in the long run over spetacle, and it looks like DICE itends on BFV to have much longer legs than before... but Battlefield has always thrived on it's spectacle, and so far other than in Operations BFV doesn't seem to deliver the energetic inspired power fantasy Battlefield 1 or even Battlefield 4 managed to convey.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Old school vets (series starters and backers) will more than likely agree this will probably be the best BF since BF1942. I wouldn't be surprised a bit to see some old timers back in the game. Modern BF'ers (BC2 onward) don't know anything about what BF was when it started.

the gameplay is a lot less tactical and more run and gun than it ever was before. sure, ttk was low in bfv, 1942 and 2 but that doesnt mean you can compare them to this crap. the maps were A LOT bigger, more vehicles around lots of space to maneuever. bfv is just crap in that regard, compare it to COD, that would be more fitting but dont taint the memory of the first games of the series by saying this pile of dung is even close.

So 2 maps in a beta defines the scale of the remaining maps?

My memory may be going, but I recall there being quite a few small maps in 1942 and Vietnam (50% at least). Stalingrad/Omaha Beach probably being the smallest....BF4 Metro TDM small. Vietnam had quite a few small maps as well.

Now I will agree that the gameplay in the beta wasn't even remotely as tactical as it was in the earlier titles. But that isn't the games fault. That's a player issue. 8 Years of rewarded RnG mentality is kinda hard to shake.
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After playing the bfv beta i must say i prefer it way more to bf1 and i love that game.if i remember we had some people saying how bad bf1 was to bf4,and now bf1 seems amazing to alot of players,same old merry go round.
  • trip1ex
    5232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

Yeah except ttk wasn't low in those old games either. It was pretty high. Much higher than BFV or what BF1 currently is. And I liked it that way. It more cat and mouse. And worked good with lots of players on each side where you are often getting hit by more than 1 player.

The 8v8 strike at karkand map might be bigger than maps in BFV beta. Itwas over 400m from US base to last of the 3 flags. I'd say you move slower in BF2 as well because you have limited sprint capability.