Racing games with cockpit view

Coffeecup132
542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited August 2016
Frustrated couldn't install NFSHS (1999) to relive driving through different environments with cockpit view, despite having tried almost all solutions on the internet.

Any suggestions of other racing games with cockpit view (not limited to only racing circuits, but driving through nature/cities etc environment)?

I'm a retro lover who likes old graphics - so old games are very much welcomed!

Thank you.

Comments

• LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Live for Speed, rFactor 1-2, Raceroom Racing Experience, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, Automobilista, Project Cars
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Midtown madness? I can't remember if that had cockpit view
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11688 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    crabman169 wrote: »

Midtown Madness 2 did.
  • HonestSoul333
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Forza Horizon 1 and 2?
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That one did. Lots of memories from that one.

• rock1obsta
    3751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Forza has the best, most realistic behind the wheel views.
    After driving thousands of cars in my lifetime I can safely say the details and accuracy are unmatched.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NZepica wrote: »
    NZepica wrote: »

Road rage the game :D I loved them so much. Went well with Crimson Skies
  • Coffeecup132
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Thanks @Lightboost for the extensive helpful list and everyone's suggestions!

Which games have got more tracks traversing the environment/cities/towns (as opposed to actual racing circuits), between Forza, Asseto Corsa and Project Cars?

Also, is it true that in Project Cars you don't really need to unlock cars/tracks and have everything at your disposal from the start?