Battlefield V Daily Orders and Special Assignments

RoddersaurusRex
13 postsMember, Developer DICE
Hi,
My name is Rodders and I’m a Game Designer here at DICE working on the Daily Orders and Assignments feature in BFV. In BFV we want to reward you for playing the objective, so we have Daily Orders which are short, easy tasks you can complete every day; and we have Special Assignments, medium to long challenges that should take some effort to complete.

We'd like to hear your thoughts on the Assignments. Which ones do you find frustrating? What could make them better? Is the risk worth the reward?

Looking forward to your feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism and continuing this conversation.

Cheers,

Rodders

Comments

• batman4500010
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are they going to bring in elite kits. Like BF1.
  • Nemesis_Gryphus1
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't like do 500 point by burning peaple with incendiary granade, for a daily assignement you have very short time to do that
  • batman4500010
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also can i revive my team mate in the prone position.
  • KnightModern
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    let us change them in game
    and maybe give pop up indicator if you completed one assignment
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most of the dailies are good and I wouldn't change but there were a few that gave me some problems. Incendiaries do little damage compared to BF1 so trying to get those caused me some grief (couple extra deaths completing this is not a big deal but I don't like to wait), and not being able to leave an objective, especially for melee kills, can be tiresome.

Now, I absolutely love to melee, but forcing me to stay in one spot is a tall order. Being able to freely move around the map is more preferable.

As far as some of the harder assignments go, 30+ kills in one life is way too much with the TTK and nearly invisible soldiers due to camo the way they currently stand. Don't get me wrong, I love a challenge and can rack up the kills with little to no effort, but a completionist (and especially a casual) might take to some form of boosting if they can't use a vehicle.

Overall though they are good, just need the odd tweak.
  • PABSTon3DO
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hello.
    My opinon is rather positive than negative. The only thing that bother me is weapon assignments. They are so repetitive and boring. I've got IV level assignment on Gewehr so far and I'm tired of it already. It costs me nothing to complete it but still...

Also, as far as I understand, the rewards are in-game currency or another assignment instead of new weapon or new shiny dogtag. And since we need a lot of currency for buying and upgrading, you expect from us completing a huge amount of assignments. I am afraid that the game would start to offer already completed assignments. Sorry but that's not what I want to see in this game.

to Marshenn:
    What about killing 25 tanks with AT mines in BF4? Or painting 25 vehicles? I mean, it's OK for me to have such assignments. 10 kills is just a lot for a daily order.
  • Marshennn
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PABSTon3DO wrote: »
    to Marshenn:
    What about killing 25 tanks with AT mines in BF4? Or painting 25 vehicles? I mean, it's OK for me to have such assignments. 10 kills is just a lot for a daily order.
    I wasn't fine with that either, or the assignments where you had to get kills with planes instead of just vehicle destroys. As for laser painting 25 vehicles, that's perfectly fine since you're directly interacting with the vehicle. I'm all up for mundane tasks like painting targets or using the monocular to spot enemies, but I just don't like stuff like mines that I know I have no control over. It's all 50-50 basically. But I completely understand that other people love it. It's just my opinion :)
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looking forward to your feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism and continuing this conversation.

Overall I think you've done a great job on them. They're certainly achievable for the average gamer but I echo what was said above in that they should be accessible during a round. If that cant be achieved then the next assignment on the list should auto fill the completed assignments spot.

I'm sure we'll see at launch but will medals work like this (if they're in the game)?

• Jarek-CZE
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok, BETA dog tag reward..... ( PS4 platform )
    Last one assignment is WIN 1x Grand operation. Ok chance to win in this mode on attacker side is 1%. I play this mode 20+ hrs.
    Only 1x play on other side defender and we won. Why is dog tag still locked???

Result screen GO - https://imgur.com/2FbZml0
    Dog Tag locked - https://imgur.com/CX621oz

Im sorry, my EN is bad
  • xSha3nx
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jarek-CZE wrote: »
    Ok, BETA dog tag reward..... ( PS4 platform )
    Last one assignment is WIN 1x Grand operation. Ok chance to win in this mode on attacker side is 1%. I play this mode 20+ hrs.

Agreed!

Love the assignments and rewards. I am hoping for more rewards (dog tags) from assignments.
  • OJParker
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hi there Rodders,
    I like the system all ready, particularly the Daily Orders. So my criticisms are only focussed on the Special Assignments.
    First off I would like to say having them is good, but they never seem to end, I have netted over 25k credits/warbonds since the start, over 20 assignments and I am now getting repeat ones such as the conquest and grand operation assignments as well as profeciency and mastery STG44 assignments at the same time too. A suggestion maybe if these are supposed to be like this, is to perhaps have these act like the Daily Orders. In the sense that they are passively activated and tracked. Then have more challenging, specific assignments needing to be tracked.
    I am a completionist at heart so I want to do everything and everything well. So doing the same thing over and over as well as new tasks cropping up everytime I load in is a bit daunting.
    Quick question if I may, how many Special Assignments are there?
    Apart from that, one potential bug I noticed was that I cant add a new assignment in the game but this could be a feature I am unaware of.
    Regards,
    Oli
  • super_salami
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like them so far and the concept but I think I'm seeing some bugs - yesterday was get certain amount of damage or kill certain amount of people with a semi-auto rifle. Fair enough, I play assault to the point I can use the Gewehr 43, listed as a semi auto rifle. I do plenty of damage with it to meet the requirement but don't get the credit for it. Same today with 'kill 2 enemies as assault' - I've killed way more than 2 people while I've been assault and no credit either. So long story short, what I'd like to see is better and accurate tracking or more detailed description of what we exactly need to do.
  • xThe_Canad1anx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Literally the explosive assaults challenge will make you go crazy ten kills with the mines or the dynamite when either or even one shot 3 dynamite SOMETIMES one shots the first tank and does half damage to another other tank. And the mines you can only have 2 but they only do 75-90 it’s really annoying how communicative you have to be to destroy a tank with that stuff just make it “Destroy ten tanks”
  • SnuggieMcL_193f
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We need to be able to work on any assignment, anytime. Having to track a medal for it to progress is an unecessary restriction, and it was so restrictive with random weeklies in BF1 I gave up on medals completely, despite being a completionist in most games. It's fine to actively track only a few, but be able to make progress on any. Progress should be shown more clearly too, I'm never sure whether I progressed on an assignment within a match or life until I see the end of round screen. Rewards are also not communicated clearly, I still have no idea what actually triggers getting shipments in the armory, and I never know I have a shipment until I leave a match and check the armory. The assignments themselves seem fine, most are centered around objectives and they don't seem terribly difficult like BF1's assignments.