Battlefield V Daily Orders and Special Assignments

Comments

• SirBobdk
    4276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Yes, conflicts can and do arise when the individual goals conflict with the squad goals. I have some ideas about how to fix that post-launch.
    You don't get any points for upgrade while in a plane. You have to play infantry.
  • BiscuitFrenzy
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No complaints, but I do like that your selected assignment progress is shown on the final score screen, so you don't have to into the pause menu in-game to see how far there is to go until they are completed.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My intent with Dailies is to always provide a quick little general thing to do that isn't necessarily against playing the objective. My intent with assignments is to support playing the objective (game mode objective, class role, gadget use, squad play, team play, etc.) as much as possible.

Yes, conflicts can and do arise when the individual goals conflict with the squad goals. I have some ideas about how to fix that post-launch.

In past versions of the BF series some assignments were clearly meant for motivational purposes, i.e. to get players doing things they should do for the benefit of their team but often don't. I can remember climbing up on a crane in Operation Firestorm in BF3 as a Recon (my least favorite class) round after round to use the SOFLAM to mark vehicles so teammates could hit them with Javelins or whatever. I don't remember what the reward was for completing that assignment, it might have been a dog tag or something. But the SOFLAM itself had to be unlocked first, a case of playing a class enough to get a valuable piece of equipment rather than just some points. Whether the reward is points that can be applied to anything, or a fancy dog tag or medal, or even a useful attachment, I like the idea of assignments motivating players to get into the habit of teamwork. Revives can win games, but a lot of folks in the beta either didn't get that or just didn't care, so assignments that push them into doing the right thing seem like a good idea. Of course some assignments should just be fun, they don't all have to be about grinding at an unpleasant chore. Thanks for the response.
  • GREEN_CAVEMAN
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    The assignments needs to be accessible while your in game

Other rewards then just currency maybe limited time skins and dog tags

You should be able to equipt/use/spend the rewards as soon you have acquired them

Squad assignments/rewards
  • chippee82
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For assignments you should have easy .normal.hard three category and choose 4
    From easy to hard
  • necromancer-xx
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I enjoyed grinding out all of the ones you had tied to the sten gun. They were all easily done throughout the course of a few games. It would be nice to have maybe a choice of 3 different rewards instead of being tied down to one which some people might not even want. Other than that, having daily and weekly assignments is a great idea. Keep it up !!!
  • SacredFlames900
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    We should have a Daily Order Assignment set up like the game Heroes and Generals. It isn't really "Daily" but it shows you what your closest to finishing. So you got this huge bag of assignments you can finish anytime, but you can't do all of them. Only the ones you are closest to finishing.
    Post edited by SacredFlames900 on
  • Lwranc
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are errors in translating the daily or weekly tasks of Arabic and some players have difficulty understanding what is required to accomplish the task.
    So I hope that accurate translation will clarify the purpose of the task and what is required accurately and smoothly enables players to understand what is required of them.
    I tried as much as possible to make things easier for the Arab players to explain what they were required to accomplish some tasks through my Twitter account or my YouTube channel
  • Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My only suggestion is let them all be tracked in game simultaneously, and/or allow them to be equipped and "turned in" for reward in between matches.

Having to quit to turn in and select new assignments is so counterintuitive. Just like upgrading weapons in the beta.
  • cweberling
    372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,
    My name is Rodders and I’m a Game Designer here at DICE working on the Daily Orders and Assignments feature in BFV. In BFV we want to reward you for playing the objective, so we have Daily Orders which are short, easy tasks you can complete every day; and we have Special Assignments, medium to long challenges that should take some effort to complete.

We'd like to hear your thoughts on the Assignments. Which ones do you find frustrating? What could make them better? Is the risk worth the reward?

Looking forward to your feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism and continuing this conversation.

Cheers,

Rodders

In all honesty, I never have cared about assignments or challenges/daily challenges. "kill 30 people with grenade launcher" etc. "revive 10 people".......meh, I just don't care about them....and never have. And the rewards are never really worth it anyway. They might be slightly more worth it if they would unlock maybe some unique cosmetics or badges....or something .....but ya....ever since they started doing them I've never really cared or taken the time to assign them. If I happen to do them while playing....yay....but I'm not gonna intentionally seek them out. I'm just gonna play the game.

I don't think you should have to choose/equip/set them. They should just auto set.....that'd at least help....that way it doesn't take time away from actually playing the game.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    cweberling wrote: »
    Hi,
    My name is Rodders and I’m a Game Designer here at DICE working on the Daily Orders and Assignments feature in BFV. In BFV we want to reward you for playing the objective, so we have Daily Orders which are short, easy tasks you can complete every day; and we have Special Assignments, medium to long challenges that should take some effort to complete.

We'd like to hear your thoughts on the Assignments. Which ones do you find frustrating? What could make them better? Is the risk worth the reward?

Looking forward to your feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism and continuing this conversation.

Cheers,

Rodders

In all honesty, I never have cared about assignments or challenges/daily challenges. "kill 30 people with grenade launcher" etc. "revive 10 people".......meh, I just don't care about them....and never have. And the rewards are never really worth it anyway. They might be slightly more worth it if they would unlock maybe some unique cosmetics or badges....or something .....but ya....ever since they started doing them I've never really cared or taken the time to assign them. If I happen to do them while playing....yay....but I'm not gonna intentionally seek them out. I'm just gonna play the game.

I don't think you should have to choose/equip/set them. They should just auto set.....that'd at least help....that way it doesn't take time away from actually playing the game.

Certain assignments in BF4 did lead to unique camos, weapons and dog tags. It was very satisfying getting the GOL Magnum unlocked and is a badge of honor somewhat since not many people have it. I want that feeling back, none of this earn credits to pay to unlock stuff. I am still trying to get a certain dog tag in BF4 which I know is very very rare, the ultimate commander premium tag!
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers,

Rodders

Certain assignments in BF4 did lead to unique camos, weapons and dog tags. It was very satisfying getting the GOL Magnum unlocked and is a badge of honor somewhat since not many people have it. I want that feeling back, none of this earn credits to pay to unlock stuff. I am still trying to get a certain dog tag in BF4 which I know is very very rare, the ultimate commander premium tag!

I remember unlocking that rifle, and then getting a triple headshot with it which is something I wish I had on video as I am not exactly an ace sniper. I enjoyed the assignments in BF3/4, although there were some which made no sense, e.g. the one where you were supposed to not open your parachute so you went splat. Assignments are a way to keep up the interest of players, and a way to teach them how to do something they perhaps hadn't thought about before. Getting a rare weapon or uniform or whatever is icing on the cake, and I'd rather do that than just pay money to get it.
  • MigueTK
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MigueTK wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers,

Rodders

I remember unlocking that rifle, and then getting a triple headshot with it which is something I wish I had on video as I am not exactly an ace sniper. I enjoyed the assignments in BF3/4, although there were some which made no sense, e.g. the one where you were supposed to not open your parachute so you went splat. Assignments are a way to keep up the interest of players, and a way to teach them how to do something they perhaps hadn't thought about before. Getting a rare weapon or uniform or whatever is icing on the cake, and I'd rather do that than just pay money to get it.

I can't actually put a word to it but grinding credits and buying an unlock creates "disengagement" from whatever I unlocked, it does not feel "earned". IDK maybe I'm just speaking for myself here but I prefer assignments that lead to exclusive weapons, skins and dog tags. It must be difficult to create fun and unique challenges besides get X amount of kills or X amount of points. I guess that's where Mr. Rodder's job comes in though right? Sadly the assignment system of BF4 clashes with whatever battlepacks will be called in BFV, because the assignment unlocks cannot be bought with credits by design they have to be EARNED.
  • SirBobdk
    4276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    @parkingbrake wrote
    Assignments are a way to keep up the interest of players, and a way to teach them how to do something they perhaps hadn't thought about before
    True, but for some of us who have played for the last 16 years and know how to play, it takes the fun out of the game in some way. Having to do assignments, unlocks, 2 versions of each gun/vehicle and 5 upgrades is a little to much before you can play the full game imo. Especially with new menu with many submenus and no possibility to access this from in game.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • Varsuuk
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey Folks,

I am buying a couple copies of BFV. Definitely for myself and son - likely for my wife as well. This will be his first BF series (I started with 1942 and other than BC1, BF1943, I've played them all)

I usually bought Premium or Deluxe for the weapons/attachments and Expansions depending on offers.
    I've looked down the list of things you get for Deluxe and although I am SURE the Special Forces uniforms are going to be gorgeous - I would feel bad getting just ONE deluxe and 3 is +$60. If all I get is better looking models and weekly weapon/uniform skins - I can do without and spend the extra on the 3rd BFV.

Only thing I am not sure about is this "Special Assignments" "recreating" British and German special forces missions. Is there anywhere I can read about this or get feedback? I really do not want to be convinced into spending on 2-3 Deluxe, but I guess I should find out what I give up if go 3 Standard.
  • RoddersaurusRex
    13 postsMember, Developer DICE
    Varsuuk wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

I am buying a couple copies of BFV. Definitely for myself and son - likely for my wife as well. This will be his first BF series (I started with 1942 and other than BC1, BF1943, I've played them all)

I usually bought Premium or Deluxe for the weapons/attachments and Expansions depending on offers.
    I've looked down the list of things you get for Deluxe and although I am SURE the Special Forces uniforms are going to be gorgeous - I would feel bad getting just ONE deluxe and 3 is +$60. If all I get is better looking models and weekly weapon/uniform skins - I can do without and spend the extra on the 3rd BFV.

Only thing I am not sure about is this "Special Assignments" "recreating" British and German special forces missions. Is there anywhere I can read about this or get feedback? I really do not want to be convinced into spending on 2-3 Deluxe, but I guess I should find out what I give up if go 3 Standard.

The Deluxe Edition will have exclusive Special Assignments which are inspired by historical events, but I've had to interpret those events into things that you can accomplish while still playing your favorite game modes. They're some of the more interesting assignment that we've designed so far and I quite like them for their challenge and imitation of events that happened.

We had a blog post with a breakdown of some of the extras in the Deluxe Edition and Early Enlister here: https://www.battlefield.com/news/all-you-need-to-know-pre-order-offers-editions-battlefield-5
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for getting the feedback from the community like this. It shows that you are listening.

I like having daily tasks and assignments, I just ask that you put them on the easily accessible screens while in the match. Right now in BF1 the only place I can find the dailies is in the Road to BFV screen, I wish I could see these on the pause screen or somewhere on the after round report in between rounds. I tend to forget what my daily assignments are and don't want to go back to the main title screen to see them.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Just make them reasonable. Battlefield 1 had Destroy a Air plane with a LMG. Assignments like that force you to spend time not playing the objective and doing something silly.

Have Assignments that promote great game play.

Example: Kill 20 enemies while defending a Flag in Conquest.

Example: Build 15 Fortifications during a Match.

Example: Revive 15 players in a game or Revive your squadmates 15 times a round.

Basically anything that is fun but promotes great game play and objective play and also maybe teaching new players to Battlefield how to play the game in the process.

And please allow Multiple Assignments and Medals to be tracked at the same time.