Battlefield V Daily Orders and Special Assignments

Comments

• disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    What I really don't like is that the gold stuff is for the last assignments. Everybody wants to show off their skill so they put the gold stuff on. If you'd get a realistic skin for the last level most people wouldn't run around with golden gun. This is really an eyesore.
    I'm doing the assignments, but I don't want anything they award you really. Got a camo early on. Don't need variations of the same camo (especially since they don't change to suit the environment anyway) and certainly don't want a silly gold gun.
  • FCKJM
    70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the Special Assignments, however some of them seem counter-intuitive. For example the Gewehr 43 one for the gold receiver is to either kill 10 people with a head shot in an objective you control in 1 life or kill 20 people with a head shot in 1 round from an objective you hold. The problem with this is, you want an Assault class to camp an objective...and hope people happen to attack the one you are in. If you go with your squad (hoping you are a good squadmate) to attack an objective you dont hold...and you get head shots, you dont get credit. Why not offer a 3rd solution like some of the other ones where you have to kill 60 enemies, but make it 90 or 120 enemies. Ive put in 16 hours on this specific assignment and have come close, but have yet to complete it and for some reason now, its gone from my list. Does it come back?

Dear @RoddersaurusRex

I really like these challenges! But even the mastery assignments should be reachable for average players. Please add in a third option as an alternative way to unlock stuff.
    Example: Kar98K mastery level V
    1. option: 10 headshot kills in one life within the objective area
    2. option: 20 headshot kills in one round within the objective area

...and in addition:
    3. option: 50 headshot kills within the objective area (or even more?) It will take average players many many hours to get to this, but at least all the effort and time they invested in such a challenge will be rewarded eventually. They will stick to the game and feel rewarded as they reach the assignment and wont feel frustrated trying to and never get any progress and somewhen stop playing the game.

Also I find it very annoying that I can only work on 4 challenges at the time. Why can't I work on all of them at the same time. Normally I play as recon, but if I realize that we need more assault players to fight against the tanks in the enemy team, then I switch classes. But the assignment tracker will not track the progress with the assault class because everything is blocked by the recon assignments. Very annoying!
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm finding the Sniper Assignments to be really difficult. I managed to complete the Gewehr 95/30 challenge, something like "Headshot 10 enemies in one life in the objective area", but let me tell you, it was not easy. I must've been trying it for like 10 matches.

I'm not the best sniper in the world, but sometimes the game won't register my shots, or they'll be blocked by invisible meshes, such as the gap in a fence.

Headshots often are tricky, they seem to register maybe 75% of the time, even when the only thing visible on an enemy is his head. I might get the "Enemy Damaged 65" pop up.
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For those who struggle with the 'do x in the objective area' assignments be aware that in Airborne Assault the whole map is considered the objective area.
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please test your code. A signifigant percentage of the daily assignements simply do not work. Just have someone test all the daily assignements. Again today, 1000 points on Frontlines. Nothing registering. It's bad enough we don't have enough company coin to upgrade all the weapons, and we are limited to a measly 300/day. But, then we can't even get those all of the 300/day many times, because they don't work.

• Kongo030
    That is strange. Playing on PS4 I'm playing everyday since deluxe release and they worked every single day..
  • FCKJM
    edited November 2018
    For those who struggle with the 'do x in the objective area' assignments be aware that in Airborne Assault the whole map is considered the objective area.

What is Airborne Assault? You mean the coop-mode? Is is working also with the KAR98K?
  • Brooky2387
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like that you have options with the assignments now. I'm not the best player so getting 10 kills whilst defending an objective is not going to happen but getting 50 over a few games is. But don't limit it to 1 round. Have a skill based option and a longer grindier way
  • aypee
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure if working as intended but I feel I'm missing a few assignments. When I first started them, I had the beginner one for all the classes. After I completed 2,2of them went away and now the only assignments I have available are for the assault class. Am I supposed to complete all of this before I get other weapons /classes? I've been playing as other classes hoping to unlock them but with no luck so far. I also only have 2 assignments avaliable at a time. Any help is appreciated
  • Kongo030
    FCKJM wrote: »

What is Airborne Assault? You mean the coop-mode? Is is working also with the KAR98K?

The first day of grand operations - maybe just called Airborne.

• FCKJM
    FCKJM wrote: »

The first day of grand operations - maybe just called Airborne.

Managed to get the golden receiver for the Kar98K :D As far as I experienced its a good thing to try and get this stuff on Grand Operations because I some times had the feeling, that the achievements keep on tracking even between the rounds and in addition the modes on Grand Operations take quite some time, ergo you have more time to land these shots. Finally the operation ended on Fjell (I absolutely hate this map) and I just "strategically defended" C flag. Went prone on the rocks between A and B flag.

Breakthrough could also be a good mode to get these achievements because as a defender you need to stay within the area of the flag. Which means you have good chances as an attacker to find a lot of enemies within the zone.

Now I switched to support class and started to level up. :D
  • boldie88
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The assignments are not always logging the points, is this a known issue?
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes, assignments are occasionally broken. DICE probably don't even know why.
  • boldie88
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nutcrackr wrote: »
    Yes, assignments are occasionally broken. DICE probably don't even know why.

Hmmm, i've been grinding away for hours at a few assignments now and its not registering them...I've noticed it was it same in previous battlefields as well, you'd have though they'd have sussed out a fix by now.
  • Kongo030
    The tracking is extremely bugged which is annoying for assignments you can't easily accomplish.
  • Wikstone
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Whre can i find these special assignments? I have opened two and would like to know what i have to do. And in customizing some are locked and need special assignment, where i see what i have to do?
  • SithMetal71
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would like to see a preview of next day daily orders, also this info would be good in battlefield app along with other stats.
  • ElliotLH
    8688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wikstone wrote: »
    Whre can i find these special assignments? I have opened two and would like to know what i have to do. And in customizing some are locked and need special assignment, where i see what i have to do?

You can view the conditions of any assignment you set in the 'Assignments' part of the main menu or on the pause screen during a round.

Some assignments, such as those for clothing or gun skins, won't be given to you until you reach a certain player rank or level a gun enough.

P.S. Nice avatar. I really need to read Preacher again.
  • Bumstag1
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like the mastery achievements should be reworked. The one that requires 20 headshots while in objective areas for the Assault class self-loading rifles is extremely hard to complete and should be reworked. Maybe add a third option where you require 100 kills in total or 50 headshots in total to complete it.
    Same for the sniper prone headshots. I consider myself a decent sniper from all the way back in Battlefield 3, and I rarely snipe while prone. That way I'm an extremely easy target for other snipers, I always move around a lot even while fighting other snipers. Maybe reduce the ammount of headshots I need to take while prone? I don't have a suggestion to this one. It's not as extremely hard as the first one, it just takes a lot of time.

PS.: Great game you made, once you opt for maximizing optimization, eliminating performance issues, this game has a great potential!
  • Rasendkampf
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My only issue is there would be a lot to gain from some kind of progress tree or map to show the special assignments, what they're called, and what you have to accomplish to start them.

I thought my account was broken when I couldn't see any new special assignments after finishing the initial class ones. I had to go to a fetid cesspool like Reddit (may that website burn) to learn that I merely had to level my class to 10 or achieve rank 5 in a weapon to open up more assignments. But that info is not listed in the game anywhere.

That also goes for the Uncommon and Rare camouflages for the uniforms; it says they are unlocked by Special Assignment. Which one? What is it called? What do you have to complete for them to become available? You see where I'm going with this, we need a roadmap. Players can't be expected to learn how to start assignments through whispers in the halls of folklore.