Planes are useless in bfV - PLEASE READ - constructive feedback

claorairsniper
36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Hi,

Firstly please note: I am NOT one of those people who wants overpowered planes.

I have loved flying planes since bf1942.
Swooping in and saving my friends and teammates who are about to be overrun at a flag is a very satisfying feeling.

As many others have said - seeing enemies is difficult on the ground - which for gunplay on foot I personally think is great.

However, when in a plane it is almost impossible to see infantry on the ground until you are 10 meters away, by this time it is to late to aim/shoot/line up bomb drops etc.
This essentially makes planes useless..... If i cannot help kill enemies at a flag for my team so they can move in and capture the point what good is a plane?? The only thing a plane is a good for is chasing another plane which does not really contribute to the objective of the game. (It is as if pilots are playing a separate game to the rest of the server).

IMO 1 or 2 (NOT ALL) of these possible changes below could make planes useful again.

1. Increase the zoom when right clicking in first person in a plane (to about the level it was in bf1)

2. Buff of the cannons on all planes (against infantry/ground based vehicles) - atm the cannons are only good at shooting other planes. I feel that the attack planes in BF1 had great cannons for infantry on the ground.

3. Give the fighters some small bombs that are effective against infantry - as far as i know the only have cannons?

4. In first person, the free view within your cockpit needs to be 360 degrees or close to it - you cannot see planes chasing you as it is very restricted

5. A 3D spotting mechanism that only spots enemies for the pilot doing the spotting. (if I am heading toward Flag C and know there is enemies there it would be great to have a narrow field to spot them otherwise i am shooting/bombing blindly)

6. Decrease damage cause by flaks

What do other people think?

kind regards,

Comments

• MackTKau
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    They aren't useless. I flew around in the British bomber and went 20-0 in a short time just by dropping bombs on flags that had been flipped or were flipping, or when that wasn't happening, on flags our team were attacking. Even got a quad kill and disable on a German fighter.

Planes have been massively overpowered in every Battlefield game since BF2, it's long past time they were bought back to the rest of the pack on the ground.

Everyone is dealing with no 3D spotting, bad luck pilots, you need good vision just like real life pilots. No more shooting dorito spots from 1500 meters in the air. You even need decent eyesight to spot VEHICLES now! Wonderful. If you want 3D spotting, ask a person in your squad to switch to recon and mark targets for you. Teamplay!

Also, very few people have any of the upgrades, there are larger bombs available and I presume air to ground rockets & bigger cannons in the upgrade paths.

Flak seems fine to me, it doesn't have a huge range and anyone in a flak is mincemeat for a sniper.

Just remember. Planes get to choose who they attack. They get to choose where they attack. They get very easy resupply and repair. And finally, no-one is forcing you to fly a plane. If you don't like the situation then get on the ground and cap some flags.
  • TropicPoison
    1017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Idk the German bomber plane is pretty sweet I got a quad kill, it's just not any fun going back to reload every single time, and the gun zoom needs increased by like 6x or something because I never see anyone hardly that I can shoot with the main gun.
  • NSG_Brilliant
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only thing that needs to be fixed is the difference betwee the Allied and German Planes, particularly the fighters. German planes are Faster, More Maneuverable and have more firepower.
  • BLG_Astyrix
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I find I rather refreshing that flying a plane is no longer an automatic "I win" button for the pilot as it was in BF1. They should be hard to use as there is no way to shoot them down other than to get in a stationary AA gun and make yourself a target for other infantry.
  • There needs to be a way to synergize the recon sniper with bombers and straffing aircraft. This way bombers can get more accurate locations on valuable targets. BC2 had the mortar strike which was okay, but having the recon scope put bombs on target and maybe increase the effectiveness of each bomb a little bit would be a great way to increase the effectiveness of aircraft, increase the impact of aircraft on ground ops, and provide an really cool secondary function for the recon class.
  • Jaguh90
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I agreed with MackTKau. Plane are not useless.
    Sure its a lot harder to spot infantry but that was not planes are design for, their primary target is tanks.

Most of the issue now are tackled in upgrade, if you check it out there is spotting radar, better loadout for bombing tanks/front gun/infantry bomb so we need to grind it out.
    But dice really need to put descriptions what each upgrade do so we can focus specific play style with the upgrades instead of guessing whats its do.

What is the more important issue here is the balance of the faction like NSG_Brilliant mention.
  • sheriff_l0b0
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Planes are useless? Because you don't get a 64:0 k/d? You should not compare the planes in BF5 with the Planes in BF1! The planes in BF5 are exactly right, because the cannot dominate the whole round.
  • Phreec
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If i cannot help kill enemies at a flag for my team so they can move in and capture the point what good is a plane??

Trying to spin effortless flyboi kills as teamwork LMAO
  • xKusagamix
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Upgrade your plane, please.
    oT4tv2k.jpg
  • ICarpophorusl
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Planes are perfectly fine damage wise atm,i have managed to get numerous triple/quad kills doing bombing runs with the brits Blenheim as well as both stuka's. Fighters are just that,fighter planes to engage other planes not for ground targets and like others have said upgrade you planes and they become a lot more efficient (i'm currently at rank 8 with Blenheim and it is so powerful).
  • GuezWhoo38
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    on ps4 we cant level up more than to level 4 so we cant unlock the upgrades. anyone else noticed this? even thou i upgraded my planes. only some spawn with new load out. some dont.. very annoying..
  • GuezWhoo38
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i got 63-0 kills streak with bomber.. :)
  • GuezWhoo38
    some planes are op
  • GuezWhoo38
    Planes are useless? Because you don't get a 64:0 k/d? You should not compare the planes in BF5 with the Planes in BF1! The planes in BF5 are exactly right, because the cannot dominate the whole round.

lol.. i got 63 kills streak on conquest
  • GuezWhoo38
    Jaguh90 wrote: »
    I agreed with MackTKau. Plane are not useless.
    Sure its a lot harder to spot infantry but that was not planes are design for, their primary target is tanks.

Most of the issue now are tackled in upgrade, if you check it out there is spotting radar, better loadout for bombing tanks/front gun/infantry bomb so we need to grind it out.
    But dice really need to put descriptions what each upgrade do so we can focus specific play style with the upgrades instead of guessing whats its do.

What is the more important issue here is the balance of the faction like NSG_Brilliant mention.

we cant upgrade and cant level up more than level 4... we cant use the different loadouts.. :(
  • GuezWhoo38
    dice please
  • runechaz
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Plane need to be more responsive and fast cause right now, plane in bf1 are faster and easier to control.
  • xKusagamix
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 9
    runechaz wrote: »
    Plane need to be more responsive and fast cause right now, plane in bf1 are faster and easier to control.
    Yeah, totally agree with this. Plane is fine at the moment, people seem to not notice that we can upgrade Weapons and Vehicles in BFV and make it more effective.

Both tank and plane need control overhaul and some speed boost, but it's totally not useless.
  • Kagg
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi,

Firstly please note: I am NOT one of those people who wants overpowered planes.

I have loved flying planes since bf1942.
    Swooping in and saving my friends and teammates who are about to be overrun at a flag is a very satisfying feeling.

As many others have said - seeing enemies is difficult on the ground - which for gunplay on foot I personally think is great.

However, when in a plane it is almost impossible to see infantry on the ground until you are 10 meters away, by this time it is to late to aim/shoot/line up bomb drops etc.
    This essentially makes planes useless..... If i cannot help kill enemies at a flag for my team so they can move in and capture the point what good is a plane?? The only thing a plane is a good for is chasing another plane which does not really contribute to the objective of the game. (It is as if pilots are playing a separate game to the rest of the server).

IMO 1 or 2 (NOT ALL) of these possible changes below could make planes useful again.

1. Increase the zoom when right clicking in first person in a plane (to about the level it was in bf1)

2. Buff of the cannons on all planes (against infantry/ground based vehicles) - atm the cannons are only good at shooting other planes. I feel that the attack planes in BF1 had great cannons for infantry on the ground.

3. Give the fighters some small bombs that are effective against infantry - as far as i know the only have cannons?

4. In first person, the free view within your cockpit needs to be 360 degrees or close to it - you cannot see planes chasing you as it is very restricted

5. A 3D spotting mechanism that only spots enemies for the pilot doing the spotting. (if I am heading toward Flag C and know there is enemies there it would be great to have a narrow field to spot them otherwise i am shooting/bombing blindly)

6. Decrease damage cause by flaks

What do other people think?

kind regards,

What the heck are you talking about? A decent bomber pilot can get 100+ kills without even trying in one round and there are way too few AAs to counter them.
  • 94MIM94
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Yeh, overall was quite disappointing when I finally got into a plane. Seem to handle worse than BF1.