Firstly please note: I am NOT one of those people who wants overpowered planes.
I have loved flying planes since bf1942.
Swooping in and saving my friends and teammates who are about to be overrun at a flag is a very satisfying feeling.
As many others have said - seeing enemies is difficult on the ground - which for gunplay on foot I personally think is great.
However, when in a plane it is almost impossible to see infantry on the ground until you are 10 meters away, by this time it is to late to aim/shoot/line up bomb drops etc.
This essentially makes planes useless..... If i cannot help kill enemies at a flag for my team so they can move in and capture the point what good is a plane?? The only thing a plane is a good for is chasing another plane which does not really contribute to the objective of the game. (It is as if pilots are playing a separate game to the rest of the server).
IMO 1 or 2 (NOT ALL) of these possible changes below could make planes useful again.
1. Increase the zoom when right clicking in first person in a plane (to about the level it was in bf1)
2. Buff of the cannons on all planes (against infantry/ground based vehicles) - atm the cannons are only good at shooting other planes. I feel that the attack planes in BF1 had great cannons for infantry on the ground.
3. Give the fighters some small bombs that are effective against infantry - as far as i know the only have cannons?
4. In first person, the free view within your cockpit needs to be 360 degrees or close to it - you cannot see planes chasing you as it is very restricted
5. A 3D spotting mechanism that only spots enemies for the pilot doing the spotting. (if I am heading toward Flag C and know there is enemies there it would be great to have a narrow field to spot them otherwise i am shooting/bombing blindly)
6. Decrease damage cause by flaks
What do other people think?