Its dark. So, so dark...

orangebionic
232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I dont think i can recall any other fps shooter in recent years being so intensely dark in so many areas.
Dont get me wrong, I am all for dark corners being such, thats these are for, but the whole chunks of the map/cap areas?? The whole middle section between B and D at Narvik is basically long, black corridor. Only way to distinguish med/ammo station up there is to see on screen prompt to use it.
Everything under A flag in Rotterdam between sandbags can compete against the darkest autumn night. Any room, house in Narvik is literally pitch black. i can go on like that way much longer, and we get to play in only two maps.

Now, I did play with settings on the tv and in-game. The overall effect is the same- there is no way to tell whats in those areas, any enemy players or not.
Pretty much any shade is so intensely dark, its already infuriating . I rather have bf1 style fog than that (insert any random obscene swearing words ; ) ...
As far i know its been mentioned in few alpha videos on yt, so nothing change then? Are we about to fight bad colour palette design, shading on top of actual enemies in bf5??

Comments

• HelionGaming
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    think something is just wrong with your tv/game dude. Sure some places are dark by design, but I've never had problems seeing an enemy
  • Kexlar
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Try and turn off the Effects in the video settings, they have a huge impact on the visuals.
  • Barcadelphia
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No I agree it’s very dark, even after I adjusted my settings it’s still dark
  • orangebionic
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    think something is just wrong with your tv/game dude. Sure some places are dark by design, but I've never had problems seeing an enemy

Really? are you saying that if you go on Narvik, between B and D, you can see whats next to ammo/med box???Its bloody pitch black.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Really? are you saying that if you go on Narvik, between B and D, you can see whats next to ammo/med box???Its bloody pitch black.
    I have yet have any issues with areas/items being too dark.
  • StompAGirl
    132 postsMember Member
    edited September 2018

Seeing enemy in general is definitely harder. I got killed by a camping machine gunner on an objective that literally had 20 of my team mates on it, and went back and got killed by the EXACT SAME machine gunner because nobody had found him lol. He was just sitting in a dark spot next to some rubble. I didn't get him the second time even when I knew exactly where he was prone because there was a fair amount of rubble and I couldn't make out exactly which patch he was in when I returned. He was right out there in the middle of the objective, not hidden in some dark corner of a house or anything .. just prone, next to some rubble, in the shade.