Good grief this game is boring.

USP_Bauer_24
10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
No matter which class, map, game mode or gun, there is something just off about this game. It is dull. It's lifeless. There's no excitement or sense of spectacle: its just boring.

Comments

• Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pretty much the way I feel.
  • Cherokeecruiser
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Agreed. I played BF1942 and all the add-on's for nearly 3 years. Tremendously enjoyed BFBC and BFBC2 as well as BF3 and BF4. Got bored of BF1 after about 6 months. I doubt I will even buy this game as it is now in the Beta.
  • CptDuffy
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How come ppl don’t understand this is not the full game and tides of war bringing new maps and weapons every cpl of month maybe even new modes is pretty exciting
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s honestly a breath of fresh air. After getting PTSD from Battlefield 1 with non stop explosive spam it’s nice taking it slow with gun on gun fights for a change.
  • Candysalmon
    65 postsMember Member
    It’s honestly a breath of fresh air. After getting PTSD from Battlefield 1 with non stop explosive spam it’s nice taking it slow with gun on gun fights for a change.

Seriously,

Bf1 and BF4 were literally made for run and gun, lone wolf gameplay,

This is a good change in the right direction even with the bugs, still needs tweaks
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its like as if people play one Match, switch kit every death and try everything once.

Gee wonder what a game has to do for you not to be bored
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, the game is boring. It's 'meh'. I remember when the Battlefield 3 beta launched and we only had Operation Metro. I could not get enough of that game. I was playing the beta every minute I could. With this game I never find excitement. I've spent many hours playing each class and the only one I find remotely fun is the Support class, because he can build fast and build cool stuff, but I'm not going to buy a Battlefield game to just build stuff.

I hate to say it but I find Battlefield Hardline to be more enjoyable.
  • woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    IMO the issue lies with the presented maps, they assume too much from people(as in attack/hold flags where it makes sense) and the combination of hiding spots, verticality and excessive flanking routes slows the game down by a lot / makes teams soemtimes miss each other.
  • EmothicVH
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    woll3 wrote: »
    IMO the issue lies with the presented maps, they assume too much from people(as in attack/hold flags where it makes sense) and the combination of hiding spots, verticality and excessive flanking routes slows the game down by a lot / makes teams soemtimes miss each other.

This attrition system doesn't help. I spend more time running back to already captured objectives getting health and ammo, then I do fighting or attacking. Only 3 magazines of ammo is not enough to do anything. After 30 seconds of fighting you are out of ammo. Or you don't have enough health to keep fighting effectively. And people still don't throw ammo or med supplies, so I have to spend 3, 4 minutes running back to resupply and then get back into the fight.
  • trip1ex
    5331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 never felt so good as it did tonight. It was so much relaxing than I can recall after 4 nights of BFV. BFV feels like work in comparison.
  • p0pcornMuncher
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In summary:

Bf1 is for attention deficit disorder casuals who want an easy game where they can just worry about their KD without having to put too much thought into anything else.

Bf5 is for grown ups who want a more tactical, realistic and challenging game.

No one is forcing you to like the latter, boys.
  • XIMKillerXIM
    27 postsMember Member
    Bf5 is for grown ups who want a more tactical, realistic and challenging game.

No one is forcing you to like the latter, boys.

Sure. That may well be the case. But if I was an EA exec reading these forums I'd be deeply worried about the forecasts for sales for this "tactical realistic and challenging game".

It looks a lot to me that that is not what the majority of the community want.
  • XIMKillerXIM
    27 postsMember Member
    BFV is definitely a lot slower. And, in a sense, you could say that it’s more “tactical” than BF1. I can buy that, but Battlefield doesn’t really have the tools to truly give you deep tactical gameplay. It’s not Rainbow Six: Siege. Yes, you can run with a squad and use your different kits in an intelligent way in order to maximize your effectiveness. So there is some tactical element. But the tactical options are limited and rather straightforward. Just as importantly, it’s basically impossible to make a 64-person game be deeply tactical. None of this is an inherent flaw with Battlefield games. It’s just the basic design philosophy of Battlefield isn’t to provide a deeply tactical experience. It is to provide an intense spectacle. And BFV feels so slow right now that it’s really not providing that spectacle. Yes, it may be more tactical as a result, but Battlefield games will just never be top of the heap for tactical shooters so that’s not really a niche it should be going for.

Well said...
  • gpkgpk
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    No matter which class, map, game mode or gun, there is something just off about this game. It is dull. It's lifeless. There's no excitement or sense of spectacle: its just boring.

I was just saying this in discord...

Also, am I the only one sick and tired of the whole "tactical" cliché? If by slow, boring and campy 'cause as soon as you stick out your big toe it get shot off, then ya, it's "tactical".