Magic bullet

mollyfrank1
125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Any tips on how I can get one of those magic JFK bullets. You know the ones. It goes around corners and through walls.

Comments

  • digga11
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any tips on how I can get one of those magic JFK bullets. You know the ones. It goes around corners and through walls.

    You must have high ping and or unreliable internet.
  • dannyB0i87
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VPN via Moon + an extra dose of packet loss should do the trick
  • mollyfrank1
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    anyone got an idea of how you can be shot by someone running away
  • mollyfrank1
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lying in a ditch and head shot by a player no line of sight. good game very realistic
  • mollyfrank1
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So if your both in a shell hole you can't get head shot, right?
  • WetFishDB
    1948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jokes aside, you have to remember that what you see and what the enemy sees are two different things.

    Firstly, you are always seeing historical positions and actions by players. It takes time for their actions to be sent from their device to the server, and then from the server to you. Similarly they see older positions and actions for you. The amount of delay depends on your internet and their internet (amongst a load of other things). If you get shot around corners, it's likely because from the enemy's perspective you were in an older position (before you got around the corner). From their perspective they got you fair and square. You'll likely be doing the exact same thing to others without realising it.

    Secondly, just because you can't see a player doesn't mean they can't see you. By the time you see the red outline of the player that killed you, odds are they have moved from the position they were in when they actually shot you. It's why sometimes it looks like there's no line of site, when there was at the time. The server simulates every hit claim and arbitrates if it should have been a hit or not. It's not perfect of course, but if both the client and the server think it was a hit, then it pretty much was.
  • mollyfrank1
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    So how do other players always headshoot me. Doesn't matter if I'm standing, kneeling running jumping or prone. Seems like there's a setting to snap on without trying. Just like the grenade always lands on me no matter where they or i am.
  • WetFishDB
    1948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So how do other players always headshoot me. Doesn't matter if I'm standing, kneeling running jumping or prone. Seems like there's a setting to snap on without trying. Just like the grenade always lands on me no matter where they or i am.

    We all feel like that at times, but the reality is most of us get headshot just as often as others.

    Some headshot people frequently with skill, but I suspect most headshots are actually just entirely co-incidental/lucky. Effective use of cover, flanking, staying in motion, and not being in the obvious places helps limit how often you'll get hit in that way.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    So how do other players always headshoot me. Doesn't matter if I'm standing, kneeling running jumping or prone. Seems like there's a setting to snap on without trying. Just like the grenade always lands on me no matter where they or i am.

    We all feel like that at times, but the reality is most of us get headshot just as often as others.

    Some headshot people frequently with skill, but I suspect most headshots are actually just entirely co-incidental/lucky. Effective use of cover, flanking, staying in motion, and not being in the obvious places helps limit how often you'll get hit in that way.

    I’m over 20,000 headshots having said that most of mine are from prone or standing still players. I get a small portion of players on the move.

    And another small portion comes from ruining those pilots kill streaks followed by a baggin.

    I have also got quite lucky a few times. I generally try and aim for the head instead of relying on the sweet spot mechanic even on players on the move.

    I feel more honored when a scout headshots me than when I get sweet spot killed.
  • filthmcnasty
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Any tips on how I can get one of those magic JFK bullets. You know the ones. It goes around corners and through walls.

    This is a problem in most online games. R6 Siege was notorious, CoD4 was bad too
  • mollyfrank1
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Saw a "player" run through a run shooting blindly and killed three me included. Some magic bullets there
  • WetFishDB
    1948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Saw a "player" run through a run shooting blindly and killed three me included. Some magic bullets there

    How do you know he was shooting blindly? He may have just been hip firing and you may have been spotted. Honestly, is this thread just going to be you whining every couple of days because someone kills you? No one cares.
  • dICEHOUSE
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Saw a "player" run through a run shooting blindly and killed three me included. Some magic bullets there

    How do you know he was shooting blindly? He may have just been hip firing and you may have been spotted. Honestly, is this Forum just going to be you whining every couple of days because someone kills you? No one cares.

    Hope you don't mind sir I edited your post.
  • WetFishDB
    1948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dICEHOUSE wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Saw a "player" run through a run shooting blindly and killed three me included. Some magic bullets there

    How do you know he was shooting blindly? He may have just been hip firing and you may have been spotted. Honestly, is this Forum just going to be you whining every couple of days because someone kills you? No one cares.

    Hope you don't mind sir I edited your post.

    Not at all, and you're pretty much spot on. It's all this forum seems to have become now, which I guess is to be expected as the product enters it's twilight.
  • mollyfrank1
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yep. BF is dying.
  • mollyfrank1
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    dICEHOUSE wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Saw a "player" run through a run shooting blindly and killed three me included. Some magic bullets there

    How do you know he was shooting blindly? He may have just been hip firing and you may have been spotted. Honestly, is this Forum just going to be you whining every couple of days because someone kills you? No one cares.

    Hope you don't mind sir I edited your post.

  • mollyfrank1
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Saw a "player" run through a run shooting blindly and killed three me included. Some magic bullets there

    How do you know he was shooting blindly? He may have just been hip firing and you may have been spotted. Honestly, is this thread just going to be you whining every couple of days because someone kills you? No one cares.

    If no one cares then why reply. I'm not whining as you put it. I get killed far more times than I get others because I'm not that good. I accept that. But some of the BS I see, like I player who runs not stopping through a room killing three players in the same room is seconds who are not near each other without turning is BS not hip firing. Maybe thats why the game is dying like me. Its full of oddities which some like you go to lengths to justify whilst other Richard Craniums seem to get kicks from abuse that gets edited. By the way are you paid by DICE to deal out protection?
  • WetFishDB
    1948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Saw a "player" run through a run shooting blindly and killed three me included. Some magic bullets there

    How do you know he was shooting blindly? He may have just been hip firing and you may have been spotted. Honestly, is this thread just going to be you whining every couple of days because someone kills you? No one cares.

    If no one cares then why reply. I'm not whining as you put it. I get killed far more times than I get others because I'm not that good. I accept that. But some of the BS I see, like I player who runs not stopping through a room killing three players in the same room is seconds who are not near each other without turning is BS not hip firing. Maybe thats why the game is dying like me. Its full of oddities which some like you go to lengths to justify whilst other Richard Craniums seem to get kicks from abuse that gets edited. By the way are you paid by DICE to deal out protection?

    Every post you've put on this thread has been a vague sarcastic comment about how something's not fair. You claim you see this all this 'BS' - and seemingly regularly so, and yet there's nothing on this post but your entirely unsubstantiated claims. Not a single video clip. Nothing. I could say I once saw a player kill a behomoth single handedly with just one swift movement with only his gas mask - but that doesn't mean it actually happened.

    I don't get paid to be on the forums - I do that because I enjoy the game and occasionally have some free time to check the forums out to see what people are saying. I personally dislike mis-information and nonsense. And this thread sir, is one such case. But that's free for everyone to see now, so peace out as this thread drifts off into insignificance.
  • ElliotLH
    6797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    removed
  • darkensdiablos
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, unfairness or not. there's something Dice havent been able to correct. Namely the ping/latency problem. In BF4 the low pings got sacrificed because noone likes, that someone always get the upper hand.. that was annoying, but I could just join a server where my ping was a little higher to compensate. Now it seems like Dice has done something about that only to create another problem. Its still the same problem more or less, its just that the margin for the ping is fractioned or something , so its more random.
    I dont know if you remember the vids about bf4, where it was very obvious that person A went out from cover, couldt see the other player because of person B has bad ping, went back into cover and gets hit, by Person B that no is out of cover. Its just annoying, thats all.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!