Sniping In Battlefield V

bluto898
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
*NOTICE* If you aren't going read the whole arguement DO NOT COMMENT on it. This is a constructive discussion about sniping in Battlefield V NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR IGNORANT OPINION THAT SNIPERS SHOULD NOT EXIST IN BATTLEFIELD.

First, off all I have to say is WTF BATTLEFIELD!!?? Who was the moron in charge of sniping mechanics this year? I've read thru a lot of threads of people crying about the sniping in Battlefield 1. My overall impression thru a handful of games (in Battlefield V) using the sniper class is that they just want to get rid of sniping all together. I don't know how they managed to take a step back in terms of scopes but they are all terrible and you can no longer pick your magnification... So we go from WW1 to WW2 and lose weapon tech? Every war is always a battle of the best technology and going from WW1 to WW2 we should see and increase in the weapon tech we can use but that is NOT the case in battlefield's recreation of WW2. This game is suppose to be "historically accurate" and they clearly messed that up this year in terms of gun attachments.

One of the main problems that I have to stress and I hope the people who make battlefield read this bcuz it is absolutely DESTROYING the game for me and thousands of other people who like to come to battlefield to snipe. The long scope on every gun has a stupid target finder. When you aim, the scope has a thick black outline around whatever cross-hair your scope has. When you are aiming the cross-hairs at someone it reverts to a normal scope but it doesn't work half the time. When it gives you a big outline YOU CAN'T SEE ENOUGH TO PROPERLY AIM THE GUN!!!!!!! You need to have some sort of X-ray vision to see thru the thick black lines blocking out the middle of your scope. I have died a few times just trying to aim at a guy I can not see bcuz there is thick black lines blocking out the person. I am suppose to somehow get a head shot? when I can't even see the guy? much less know where my bullet is going to go. The ZH-1 something(the second sniper you can unlock) has is the worst. The Lee Enfield I can work thru a bit but the second gun has is sooooooo bad it is seriously game breaking. Not to mention that back in WW2 THEY DIDN'T HAVE TARGET FINDING SCOPES!! They just had plain old cross-hairs that would stay the same whether you were aiming at the sky or someones face and that made for easy target acquisition. Now I spend half of my time trying to aim at someone to get the THICK BLACK outline around my cross-hairs to go away. And to make matters worse you are so zoomed into the long scope that you cant even get the full sniper circle in your scope. There are parts that are cut off by the screen and it lessens your field of view. When i first look down my sights I looked for every option I could just to try and zoom out of the scope but I found nothing and I had to deal with my soldier's eyeball being in the actual scope.

And on top of the crap mentioned above the snipers got a HUGE nerf. Every bolt action sniper from Battlefield 1 did close to 90 damage on every hit to the body; snipers in Battlefield V do around 50 damage per hit to the body. That is a staggering 40 point damage differential. The ZH-1 sniper(a semi auto sniper) I mentioned earlier did around 50 damage per hit to the body; pretty much the exact same as the Lee Enfield bolt action sniper BUT when you hit someone in the face with the Lee Enfield they are 100% dead everytime. If you hit someone in the head with the ZH-1 you get an 88 enemy hit.... no matter what you do you have to hit everyone twice with that sniper and it does the same exact amount of damage to the body as the bolt action rifle... MAKES NO SENSE.

Everything is also much harder to see thru a scope now. I find myself second guessing whether there is a guy on a hill or in a bush because I just cant see or tell in this game. People will sit on the side of a mountain and they look as tho they are a rock on a hill. People who die also lie on the ground and move in agony and its hard to tell if they are a live person or not. They need to add a game mechanic where you can just end the wait time for a revive by shooting him when they are on the ground. You could probably award points for "putting the enemy down for the count" that's a way to prevent revives and keep enemies at bay. And the range of snipers has gone down drastically. I used to regularly snipe from 300m-500m out in battlefield 1 and I would be taking heads off with ease at that range but now with the longest scope on the Lee Enfield you get barely any magnification and it makes it impossible to try and shoot someone who is really far away.

With all the main points mentioned above and the many threads I have read thru about people sniping in Battlefield 1 all signs point to Battlefield just straight up trying to get rid of sniping all together. I have read to many threads about cry babies who complain that they don't know how to hit anyone at range. They can't figure out the bullet drop or how to lead someone and kill them on the run. Or the most pathetic argument I have heard "Snipers are so selfish and never play the objective or help the team out". PLEASE STOP CRYING BECAUSE YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT THE GAME. Snipers by definition are suppose to be far away from their target NOT RIGHT IN THERE FACE. ALL snipers in every battlefield are 2 shots or more kills meaning that a sniper no matter the distance either hits the person in the head or dies bcuz you are never gonna get that second shot off unless you have range or are able to take cover to put a new round in the chamber but that takes a huge amount of time and the person you shot could just rush you or throw a grenade. The ignorant view point that snipers need to be right on the front lines is absolutely crap; in real life legendary snipers like Chris Kyle take shots regularly from half a mile out IN AN URBAN ENVIRONMENT where buildings are constantly blocking your line of sight. In WW1 it was all WIDE OPEN fields with trenches and between those trenches were DEAD ZONES where if you were caught in one you were VERY likely to be shot and killed by a sniper, LMG gunner, or Infantry soldier with a rifle. There is a VERY VERY good reason some people only snipe in Battlefield 1 and that is THE MAPS! The maps pushed people into sniping bcuz you could see straight across the entire map with a little bit on elevation. EVERY SINGLE MAP IN BATTLEFIELD 1 WAS LIKE THAT. Especially in operations. Every sniper in the game had its own bullet mechanics; you truly had to KNOW YOUR RIFLE. Constantly switching from sniper to sniper is going to make you miss constantly bcuz of different bullet drop and muzzle velocities. You had to practice with the sniper and get use to it before you could be taking off heads with ease. There were many times in Battlefield 1 where I could not miss at any range; I was taking peoples heads off as they were running; you just get in a groove sometimes and it has to do with how well you know the sniper in your hands. That was a great game mechanic Battlefield included and I applaud them for it but there isn't much of that in Battlefield V because the scope isn't good enough to even be at a range where you could test bullet drop. And the misconception that snipers don't help or play the objective is very very wrong. Snipers fight other snipers which in turn prevents them from shooting at infantry soldiers trying to plant a bomb or capture a flag. I have shot thousands of people on objectives from range and I also have saved teamates lives thousands of times as well. As a sniper I look for enemies who have taken hits from someone on my team bcuz 1 shot to the body kills them. I have teamed up on people to kill them in a split second and the soldier who is in the heat of the battle can move onto a new target faster bcuz one of us got the kill and the other got assit to kill. He had to fire less bullets to kill him and I didn't have to shoot him in the head or hit him twice in the body. Snipers have a huge effect on where people choose to run and people who want to sit behind cover and rip off shots all day. Snipers sole purpose is to keep enemies at bay by taking out other snipers shooting at infantry, guys with only their head sticking out and spraying into a crowd with machine guns and people thinking they are safe sitting behind something planting or capturing an objective. Anytime you slow down or stop as a infantry soldier you best expect your head to get taken off bcuz as a sniper you shoot the easy shot first and work your way on from there. If someone is laying down on the ground with a bipod and there is a guy moving around on top of that guy I am gonna shoot the guy laying down every time bcuz it is a free kill with little effort put in.

The main point is that Battlefield is trying to nerf sniping bcuz of unskilled players that don't know how to snipe or not get sniped in the face themselves. DON'T TAKE A STEP BACKWARDS BATTLEFIELD. Sniping in Battlefield 1 was flawless except for the invisible barriers that are seemingly everywhere. As I have said before don't complain about sniping when all the maps in the game are perfectly made for it. That will 100% change in Battlefield V bcuz we will be fighting in more rural areas instead of an open field. There is going to be so many structures blocking my line of sight and it is going to force me to move around or move closer to the objective. But now we have a laundry list of problems that shouldn't be there that are preventing me from using my sniper rifle properly. The problem last game with sniping was simply the maps; they forced you to use a longer range gun bcuz the shotguns and sub machine guns we useless at any range longer than 50m. This year it seems Battlefield took a page out of Call Of Duty's book and catered to the crap players in the player base; nerfing stuff that never need to be nerfed in the first place. The player base has got to do a better job at identifying the real problem on our hands instead of saying outright that sniping need to go away. The maps were the problem; not the gun or the people using the gun. And if you want snipers to be up close and personal you are going to have to take another page out of call of duty's book and make the 1 shot kills so snipers can go around quick scoping people.. PICK YOUR POISON PEOPLE cuz if you keep complaining we are just gonna have a bunch of snipers with useless scopes that need to be up close and personal to get a kill and the only way that can happen is to make bolt action snipers one shot kills which is Call Of Duty. Do you wanna run into nothing but quickscopers? or do you wanna have the snipers in the back of the map trying to take heads off at far ranges like they do in real life? Also in real life snipers are a 1 shot kill. the caliber of every sniper packs way more of a punch than an assault rifle caliber. Truthfully every time someone gets hit with a .50 caliber you should see ginormous holes in people's chest where their heart use to be. If you get hit in the arm with a .50 caliber it is most likely to separate from your body and go flying. A 22. caliber(which is the smallest caliber) can kill a person in one shot to the heart, lungs, head, liver, the neck or the spinal cord. Every caliber in battlefield is bigger than that and they are guaranteed to kill you with one shot to any of your major organs which are located all over you body from waist line to the top of your head.

GET REAL BATTLEFIELD.

I WILL NOT BE BUYING BATTLEFIELD V TILL THEY FIX THE GARBAGE THEY PUT IN THE GAME. MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED THIS YEAR. I have waited for a long time for this game and now I could care less about its release. They took away what made battlefield, battlefield: realistic warfare. I'm not saying it needs to be perfectly realistic but this year THEY TOOK A STEP BACKWARDS and are starting to look more like Call of Duty and I HATE Call of Duty. Battlefield 3 is still the best shooting game I have ever played bcuz all the classes were well balanced and the maps were well balanced as well. Operation firestorm is the perfect example of a perfectly balanced map; Snipers had the mountains and close range shoot outs littered the strip of buildings on the map; planes and helicopters had places to go to avoid lock on missiles and to lose people in a dog fight. Battlefield 1 had nothing but gentle hills in an open field with NO BUILDINGS which left everyone defenseless to planes and snipers. Battlefield V is bound to have better maps bcuz you can't get any worse than the maps in BF1.

PLEASE,
GET REAL BATTLEFIELD
STICK TO YOUR ROOTS!

Comments

• bluto898
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well said. Play BFBC2. Or BF 1 Sniping on BFBC2 is epic

BF 1 Snipers :
    - Sweet spot
    - Realistic muzzle speed
    - Can switch to a sidearm to finish the enemy with one hit
    - K-bullets who allow you to engage vehicles. Isn't like BF 4 where a 7,62x51mm vehicle MG can damage even ground attack choppers but a .408 CT can't damage an unarmored vehicle
    (...)

I only disagree with the realism argument. BF was never an realistic game. Sure, is not like CoD, but compared to Verdun or A3, BF is very arcade. BF have an cinematic experience. I recommend for sniping lovers :
    - BF2
    - BFBC2
    - BF1
    - Heroes & Generals
    - Warrock
    (...)

But on BF 5, the best sniper on BF V is the STG 44. Kill someone at 250m with STG 44 is easier than with any sniper

That montage makes me wanna play Bad Company; that game was amazing. A lot of people wanted sniping to be more like Bad company 2 this year but I dont know why they dont just remaster the game and release it again. I would totally buy that over BFV this year. I have never played Verdun or A3 so I don't know how realistic those games can be. I have played Sniper Elite that's about as real of a game i have played in terms of bullet mechanics. I am really just comparing battlefield to call of duty because i have spent a lot of my time on those two franchises and call of duty compared to battlefield is like night and day. Call of duty is unbelievably unrealistic with the corner jumping and quick-scoping from across the map. Battlefield is way way way more realistic than call of duty in terms of gameplay and map design but I know for a fact battlefield isn't close to being actually realistic. I mean the snipers only do 50 enemy damage which is VERY unrealistic.
  • MurfCr
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Camping in BFV is EPIC not just from scout class....
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    (...)

Your last line is also ironic, bf1 isn't "roots". If you want to go to your roots, bf would go back to bf3 (and earlier) where snipers were a lot less deadly than in bf1. BF1 sniper rifles are the strongest and easiest to use of all bf titles. Nobody wants that, the community spoke up and the devs listened.

No, was not weaker before BF 3. Only on BF3 snipers becomed weaker. See some Montages from Battlefield BAD COMPANY 2 and Battlefield 2 on youtube if you had't played.

BFBC2 :
    - Can OHK up to 35m with mag ammo
    - Can pierce vehicles and One headshot or one hit kill the vehicle's armor(depending the distance)
    - Can damage light armored vehicles with Barrett M95
    - Can call an airstrike who is insane deadly(destroyed even a MBT with it)
    - Can switch to a pistol pretty fast
    - The OHK area is not only the upper torso
    - No suppression
    (...)

On BF2 snipers are strong too. Only on BF3/BF4 snipers becomed pretty weak

Instant kills with sweet spot that rewards camping at a set distance from where most of the action was happening (ie: an objective). Body shots should NEVER be a one-hit kill.[/quote]

The sniper who i have more KPM(kills per minute) is exactly the sniper without sweetspot.

Complaining about bolt action rifles being viable on a WW1 game. Only on battlefield i hoppe that DICE remaster BFBC2. I can play but unfortunately console players can't play this game. But since BFBC2 is an old game, you don't need an amazing high end PC to play it. Even my potato notebook can run it.

• VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @-L-M3rc3n4ry
    I played those games, bolt-actions were indeed stronger than in bf3-4 but still not as good as in bf1 with the points I listed earlier.

About your "The sniper who i have more KPM(kills per minute) is exactly the sniper without sweetspot.", that's called anecdotal evidence. Holds no value as an argument. Also, following your opinion then, removing sweet spot is fine as it doesn't affect you. No skillful scout player (ie: Stodeh) complains about sweet spot removal.

About your "Complaining about bolt action rifles being viable on a WW1 game. Only on battlefield", this brings nothing constructive to the discussion. BF1 isn't a WWI Verdun game, otherwise every class would be running around with bolt-actions with iron sights and develop trench foot. Also, they weren't only "viable" but too strong considering the points I listed earlier (mainly how devoided of cover the maps are and sweet spot).
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    @-L-M3rc3n4ry
    I played those games, bolt-actions were indeed stronger than in bf3-4 but still not as good as in bf1 with the points I listed earlier.

About your "The sniper who i have more KPM(kills per minute) is exactly the sniper without sweetspot.", that's called anecdotal evidence. Holds no value as an argument. Also, following your opinion then, removing sweet spot is fine as it doesn't affect you. No skillful scout player (ie: Stodeh) complains about sweet spot removal.

About your "Complaining about bolt action rifles being viable on a WW1 game. Only on battlefield", this brings nothing constructive to the discussion. BF1 isn't a WWI Verdun game, otherwise every class would be running around with bolt-actions with iron sights and develop trench foot. Also, they weren't only "viable" but too strong considering the points I listed earlier (mainly how devoided of cover the maps are and sweet spot).

About sweet spot removal, depends. sweet spot on riflesb that can fire very slowly like Martini Henry is fine. If a PTRD-1941 comes to BF V and fire like 5 rounds per minute, i an okay with a sweet spot... The problem is when you can use an Russian Winchester firing an body-OHK round almost each second and other classes have a random bullet deviation making fight back very RNG based.... Barrett M95 on BFBC2 can OHK up to 35m with mag ammo but fires really slow. No weapon with more than 30 RPM should have a sweet spot.

PS : Even for weapons with sweet spot, i think that they should have an insane sway to make then harder to use and random bullet deviation is a silly mechanic.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Totally agree about sniping, also whenever doing that 50 damage even at close range, secondary is so horrible to use.

EDIT: Also that i can't really feel weapons. Struggle is real.
  • agesucks
    19 postsMember Member
    Remaster BFBC2 and BF3, I’ll spend $200 per game if they did that!!!!
  • chippee82
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Snipers are just looking for kills no good for the franchise and team effort all about me they say i dont have a problem snipering i dont like it first go 16 kills deaths 8 so there you go and i wasnt playing in a team boring
  • chippee82
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I move alot in Bf5, and I still get sniped in the head long range,

take offense to this or not OP, but get better, snipers should still be nerfed imo, and they were horrible in Bf1 because of horrible open maps,

Sniping is low risk, high reward most of the time, this makes it more even so you can't just sit back while others have to try

Your bang on low risk high reward
  • hatsikidee
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    your awarded to many points for a kill imo idd love to see it toned down to 10 points if its not in a cap zone, and more points for spotting and playing your class.
    Nobody wants a sniper getting easy kills in spots were its not needed for anything other then getting cheap kills and not playing or defending the objectives.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    hatsikidee wrote: »
    your awarded to many points for a kill imo idd love to see it toned down to 10 points if its not in a cap zone, and more points for spotting and playing your class.
    Nobody wants a sniper getting easy kills in spots were its not needed for anything other then getting cheap kills and not playing or defending the objectives.

Dice already removed the marksman bonus. Don't get me wrong, marksman bonus is a good idea, but not for objective modes. IMHO dice should add a "marksman supperiority" where only snipers are allowed and the team who scores more HS wins. That way, people who wanna snipe at long range will try this mode, letting the normal modes with more "mid/short" range aggressive recons like SGT Enigma.

Anyway, if snipers fire a slow bullet, at low ROF, low damage, etc why not just remove snipers? Is less awful. At least will not frustrate the sniper fans.
  • Kexlar
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    (...)

Your last line is also ironic, bf1 isn't "roots". If you want to go to your roots, bf would go back to bf3 (and earlier) where snipers were a lot less deadly than in bf1. BF1 sniper rifles are the strongest and easiest to use of all bf titles. Nobody wants that, the community spoke up and the devs listened.

No, was not weaker before BF 3. Only on BF3 snipers becomed weaker. See some Montages from Battlefield BAD COMPANY 2 and Battlefield 2 on youtube if you had't played.

BFBC2 :
    - Can OHK up to 35m with mag ammo
    - Can pierce vehicles and One headshot or one hit kill the vehicle's armor(depending the distance)
    - Can damage light armored vehicles with Barrett M95
    - Can call an airstrike who is insane deadly(destroyed even a MBT with it)
    - Can switch to a pistol pretty fast
    - The OHK area is not only the upper torso
    - No suppression
    (...)

On BF2 snipers are strong too. Only on BF3/BF4 snipers becomed pretty weak

Instant kills with sweet spot that rewards camping at a set distance from where most of the action was happening (ie: an objective). Body shots should NEVER be a one-hit kill.

The sniper who i have more KPM(kills per minute) is exactly the sniper without sweetspot.

Complaining about bolt action rifles being viable on a WW1 game. Only on battlefield i hoppe that DICE remaster BFBC2. I can play but unfortunately console players can't play this game. But since BFBC2 is an old game, you don't need an amazing high end PC to play it. Even my potato notebook can run it.

[/quote]

BFBC2 is playable on console :S Via Backwards Compatibility.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    A massive wall of words with no breaks or paragraphs makes for poor reading.... As an aside the BF franchise has always been about large maps with plenty of vehicles but has shrunk over time to small linear sniper friendly maps
  • eric198999
    3 postsMember Member
    The one hit kill is getting old, it showed i was shot in the arm right after I died, but i still died while full health completely ridiculous.