Sniping In Battlefield V

Comments

• Yeah. sniping in BF5 is for the players who won't play the game long or don't have a desire to be good at it, but just want to see how good they can be at only sniping. They score little, kill little, assist little.

• omarNYC
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly i like sniping better now. BF1 was sniper fest, in BF5 its easier to hide and take cover. Also, after upgrading the "skills" i have no issue sniping, headshots still works.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You just need those new faster bullets not those old slow bullets.

Really stupid idea whoever came up with that weapon tree perk at DICE, or the weapon trees in general this isn't an RPG.
  • Dawnkills
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    First, I'm sorry for my English, but I will try to show my points in a very simplified way. I must agree that only giving 51 damage with a sniper, in short range cases, is proving to be pretty difficult, and I believe that this damage should be buffed. But in the long range cases, I prefer it as it is today, than it was in Battlefield 1. We no longer have the old system of locating enemies. That is, Snipers have a greater chance of being hidden for much longer. In addition, with the new system of attrition, most of the time, people are not full life, since the only one who can heal unlimited is the medic. If the snipers were like BF1, however, with this new system of attrittion and without the possibility of spotting enemies, this game would be extremely unbalanced for the snipers. I think it's a way of balancing the game, making only the headshot, OHK in long range cases.
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    [baiting]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Koolaide3
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After playing the beta all week as scout, I have to say I do not agree. I think the mincey damage the rifles do on body shots is actually balanced. It is not too hard to get headshots even at long range, so increasing body shot damage would only make sniping overpowered imo. Not to mention dropping a player to half health is just as good as killing them given the ttk etc. Without health packs they are dead anyway (you just don't get the bragging rights, but you still did your part).

Once I got my sea legs, I was able to consistently place somewhere in the top 10 in most of my matches thanks to the flare gun (granted I spent most of my time running back to resupply so I can keep the flares up time at a maximum - I didn't see too many supports throwing crates). I predict this being a must have in every scout's kit. You are still able to keep up with your squad and maintain distance whilst being able to provide good spotting assist with a flare over the objective (either defense or offense). I was keeping about 75-100 yards behind my squads and that allowed me to put a flare slightly ahead of their position and still provide meaningful overwatch (you have to get the angle right but I found it pretty easy).

All these people talking about campers and I have yet to see a scout rack up more than 20 kills in a match (with a respectable death count to match). The best I was able to get was 13:1 one match and most of that was because I was popping flares over the objectives and only took the shot if the target was stationary to get a headshot (not to mention pure luck on the target saturation). If it was uncertain, I broke out the scope and let someone else get 'em. I was always shooting from cover and never staying in place for long. If I took two shots in succession, I'd move because you usually get popped before taking the third. All in all, I'd say my average kill count was around 7-8 and these were usually other snipers or artillery/MG operators since they sit still.

I'm not suggesting that I've figured anything special out, but I think if you play in the direction the devs intend, using flares and spotting will earn you the majority of your points. Campers can't hide forever and any skilled player knows how to counter them.

TL:DR I found if you use scouts natural kit to bridge the spotting gap, you can rack up serious points and still be able to perform this function from 150ish yards which gives you ample sniping opportunities. Key thing to note is you have to constantly move either to refill flares or to avoid getting countered. My style was to burn both flares at once and run back for more. By the time you get back the flares would be ready to replenish and you did more for your team in that 30 seconds than the 1-2 kills you might have scrounged before getting zapped yourself.

Sniping is much more enjoyable than BF1 imo since you have to be selective in order to snipe AND support your team.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Koolaide3 wrote: »
    It is not too hard to get headshots even at long range

No, is easier to get headshots AT STATIONARY targets. Considering the airsoft muzzle speed, any AR is better at range than any Sniper
    so increasing body shot damage would only make sniping overpowered imo.

So in your opinion snipers are OP on all other BF's? Because no other BF game an shot from CQB deals 50 damage.
    talking about campers and I have yet to see a scout rack up more than 20 kills in a matc

But there are tons of guys taking out much more than 20/match with reg guns, is not uncommon to get 50 kills with STG 44.
    Sniping is much more enjoyable than BF1 imo since you have to be selective in order to snipe AND support your team.

And you aren't supporting your team on BF1? You are not preventing repair and damaging tanks with K-bullets, not killing with the same amount of a reg gun user? Not using flares?

Anyone who thinks that snipers are fine. Please. HOW MUCH KILLS PER MINUTE YOU GET WITH STG 44 AND WITH ANY SNIPER???? Just awnser this question. Even on BF1 who have the strongest snipers on BF franchise, stronger in most aspects than BF2 and BFBC2, i just have an similar kills per minute with a Bar M1918 and with an Russian Winchester(best sniper IMO)
  • ZPWone
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't this post before. what do you think about this gameplay?

https://youtu.be/ULlVaG4Cn_s
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ZPWone wrote: »
    I don't this post before. what do you think about this gameplay?

https://youtu.be/ULlVaG4Cn_s

A lot of cuts, give an STG 44 to this guy. He will kill much more in much less time...
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018
    Sniping in BF5 is flat out boring, tried it yesterday and promptly uninstalled the beta.
  • vulpesveritas
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Example of what happens when you give someone who is known for being unnaturally good with a bolt action an STG44 instead;
  • Assyriansniper1
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I played BF2, BFBC2, BF3, BF4, BFH and BF V have the weakest sniper of all games

I honestly could not disagree more. With the new limited spotting system, i am even more deadly with a sniper rifle then I was in BF 1. I would agree that there is room to improve damage at closer ranges. Here are some tips.

1. Use the trees and foliage as camouflage,.
    2. Calculate your moves and never run out in the open.
    3. Move from cover to cover only after you checked your surroundings.
    4. Only shoot at what you can hit.
    5. After firing, get behind cover. Chances are someone heard you.
    6. Be patient, go for the headshot whenever possible.
  • Zviko0
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played BF2, BFBC2, BF3, BF4, BFH and BF V have the weakest sniper of all games

I honestly could not disagree more. With the new limited spotting system, i am even more deadly with a sniper rifle then I was in BF 1. I would agree that there is room to improve damage at closer ranges. Here are some tips.

You think you can balance weapons by giving tips? I don't think so...
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry

Playing that way, you can be effective with ANY GUN. The main difference is that with an LMG i don't need to aim on head.

An no way that two equally skilled players will play the same on BF1 and BF V. Some rifles on BF 1 have 50m of sweetspot(springfield is 100 to 150m), others can fire OHK rounds almost each seconds(Russian Winchester) and most of then have realistic bullet speed. Not mention better gadgets like K-bullets, sniper shield, etc. The fact is that BF 1 have the strongest snipers on BF games and BF V have the weakest. Weaker even than BF3/BF4 and at least on BF3/BF4 i can use weapons like SKS or Carbines if i wanna play as recon.

One class that is underpowered IMHO is SMG's on BF 1, because most maps is open maps and Assaults don't have an "scoped BAR" or an "scoped mondragon"...
  • Woodlbrad
    715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Sniper rifles are fine get good and go for headshots I've gone 37-10 in a match yesterday sniping.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    the games I played in the beta had a sniper on No 1 position going 63-2 or soemthing.
    THe reason I unstalled it faster then the game installed.
  • V2Face
    2680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I still find sniping very accessible and still easy to use despite the changes, Sniping was at its strongest BFH (ghetto shotguns, one hit kill to the chest in CQB) and BF1 (sweet spot one hit kill in optimal weapon ranges). You OP seem to suffer from user error as most meh casual snipers. Also separate your paragraphs no one wants to read a novel.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Sniper rifles are fine get good and go for headshots I've gone 37-10 in a match yesterday sniping.

Imagine you in the same match. Playing in the same style with an STG 44. You will not be better????
    V2Face wrote: »
    I still find sniping very accessible and still easy to use despite the changes, Sniping was at its strongest BFH (ghetto shotguns, one hit kill to the chest in CQB) and BF1 (sweet spot one hit kill in optimal weapon ranges). You OP seem to suffer from user error as most meh casual snipers. Also separate your paragraphs no one wants to read a novel.

You probably only played bf3/bf4, snipers was pretty strong on BF2 and BFBC2 until DICE decided to make snipers useless...
  • V2Face
    2680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »

Imagine you in the same match. Playing in the same style with an STG 44. You will not be better????
    V2Face wrote: »

You probably only played bf3/bf4, snipers was pretty strong on BF2 and BFBC2 until DICE decided to make snipers useless...

I’ve played BC2 never ran scout as my multiplayer experience was very brief and I ran assault or medic only.