False PunkBuster Ban - Is Even Balance responding to anyone?

wookieey2k
7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2018
Does anyone know how to reach an actual person at Even Balance to appeal a PunkBuster ban? I've been playing BFHL for about a year and all of the sudden I got an error notice, and now I can't login to any servers. This happened two months ago and I've filed three appeals and haven't heard anything from them. Are they still in business? I searched online and every post or forum message I've found indicates that EA won't help, since PB is a third party company or something?

I had to do some searching before I found a cfg file that said I used an "aimbot"??? Only thing I can think of is I bought a new Logitech G602 mouse and installed the software that came with it, and sometime shortly after that I was banned from any BFHL server. I did try to set the buttons on the mouse so I could throw my grenade with one, switch to melee with one, etc. - could that be it??? I thought that was the point of using a gaming mouse with extra buttons?? Not only do I not use a cheat I would have no idea on earth how to find one or where to install it. Besides that, I thought the mouse sucked and took it back anyway (never would have bought it in the first place if I knew this would happen).

I can still play BF1 and Battlefront, so apparently the PB ban only affects BFHL. I haven't even gotten any kind of response that anyone at EB has looked into this, nor any explanation of why I'm banned. I paid to upgrade Hardline to the "Origin Ultimate Edition" but it's useless if I can't play multiplayer anymore? I'm confused, a little ticked off, and would just like to speak/chat/email with a company rep to explain what I need to do to fix this. Anybody have any advice?

Thanks!
Post edited by wookieey2k on

Comments

• wookieey2k
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anybody out there?
  • Draxxell86
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    I just had a similar issue. Except mine doesn't say why i was permanently banned. I opened a ticket with even balance - its been two days with out an response. I called EA and they don't care they have no control over their game. They gave that control over to even balance.

I have a corsair gaming mouse and a Logitech gaming mouse both have multiple buttons that have been programmed for mic chat and what not. I find it strange that all of a sudden after playing for a year or so i cant play anymore. I have never cheated and never will.

I have tried uninstalling punkbuster and reinstalling it.

"ERROR
    Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on"
  • wookieey2k
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, that's the same issue I'm having, and from what I understand there are countless others with the same problem. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Punkbuster, unistalling BFHL and Origin, searched every forum I could find online for answers and everything indicates that once Punkbuster decides someone is cheating they're pretty much screwed.

My biggest issue with all of this is that the only recourse is to "open a ticket" with an entity that doesn't respond (Even Balance), and EA absolves themselves from all responsibility. It's like being pulled over by a police officer for speeding while parked, and then having your license revoked, and told to take it up with a court that is always closed. Besides, not only do I not use any cheats, I wouldn't even know how to try.

I have no problem with anti-cheat software (and actually welcome it) since I don't cheat, but there should be a legitimate process in place to help those of us who are wrongfully accused to help clear things up. I feel defrauded by paying for the "Ultimate Edition" of a game that I bought exclusively for multi-player gaming, only to be kicked off of every server by a third party program that claims I'm cheating and won't allow any way of solving whatever is causing it. Again, I never had a problem until I installed the Logitech software, but how can I find out if that's causing it if Even Balance won't even reply to my ticket (not even to say "sorry, we don't believe you"). REALLY frustrating.
    Post edited by wookieey2k on
  • wookieey2k
    Anyone from EA or Even Balance out there to comment by chance?
  • thekiller199365
    3509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You'll have to send a ticket to evenbalance.
    http://www.evenbalance.com/support.php
  • wookieey2k
    Yeah, I actually have done that three times and have gotten no response at all. I figured maybe they went out of business or something, but apparently not. There's no phone number to reach them, and if the only way to reach them is through "tickets" then I'm assuming I'll never hear from them. It stinks because BFHL was one of my favorite games, and I'd played for quite awhile with the same group of guys on one specific server. I understand the need for cheat protection (drives me nuts sometimes wondering whether a player is really that good or just using some kind of cheat) but there should be a way to resolve false positives for people who weren't trying to cheat.
  • 1stAckem
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    This happened to me too! I am banned for PB Guid 1m Violation (AIMBOT) #52120. ***I have never cheated*** EA can't help and EvenBalance seems unresponsive after weeks. I too paid for the BF Hardline Ultimate Edition. I am not alone on this issue either, I have seen forums and talked to others. What is going on here?
    PB GUID: 189c9dd1dd5b3bc87de54be3c0048993
    EA GUID: EA_76804A072E3BCF402102B0796A04E5A1
  • wookieey2k
    Yeah, I have to say I'm getting really tired of hearing "You need to submit a ticket" to a support group that never replies and that never posts anywhere explaining anything. And most of the posts I read with similar problems are all brushed aside by the community as cheaters who are just complaining. I had no problem at all until I tried to reassign the mouse keys on a new Logitech mouse - using the control options settings in the game itself mind you - just so I could switch between my pistol and rifle weapons faster like I saw others doing in games. I don't know if that alone did it or if it was the factory software from Logitech, but I was absolutely not trying to cheat, just trying to play better using a store-bought mouse and the options in the game. Within two weeks, I get the "ban" notice and start doing research, only to find that EA says "not our problem" and Even Balance won't respond to anything. I understand there are cheaters out there, but if you're going to allow 3rd party software to decide who is and isn't cheating there should definitely be a way to help folks who get flagged by mistake. Or at the very least, someone should respond to a support ticket...like within our lifetime. At this point I'm considering small claims court just to get reimbursed for the money I've spent on the game, since nobody from either company will help me figure out what's wrong.
  • 1stAckem
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Exactly, EA tries to pass the blame onto EvenBalance---who won't respond. Sorry EA but if EvenBalance is an essential part of your game then whatever they are doing (more like not doing) IS your business. I don't even see EA caring, they just say oh we can't do anything so sorrrry. Like OK I got an apology things are all better now do do do.... plain disappointing, the skeptic in me thinks they just want me to buy the new BF. Good luck, I have given up hope because even IF EvenBalance responds there is no guarantee they will remove my ban, but an explanation would be start and a sign of customer loyalty. #botcottBF for now which sucks because you know fun did happen there when I was allowed on the playground :(
  • wookieey2k
    edited October 2018
    Spot on - and obviously both EA and EB couldn't care less, since BFHL sold over 15Million copies. Who cares about the few thousand that get dumped from a game they paid for because a 3rd party piece of software decided it? They make all the $ they want, why should they bother with us? I've got a good pal who runs one of the top marketing and advertising firms for personal injury and TORT lawyers in the US. I bet one of their clients would salivate at the prospect of hitting EA with a suit over this. Even if all it meant was forcing them to come up with a better anti-cheat, at the end of the day, it would just be nice if the company that made the product actually stood behind the paying customer, instead of hiding behind "submit a ticket." And frankly, if I HAD been cheating...don't you think I would have figured a way around all this by now instead of looking for non-existent answers on these forums? SMH...
  • Carbonic
    1095 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Punkbuster is an optional third party anti cheat solution. It's possible to make and play on servers not running it.
    EA's help article on the subject: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/punkbuster-bans-and-violations including how to appeal Punkbuster bans.
    If you claim Even Balance don't respond you should probably check your spam filter.
    Also, remember you are responsible for everything that happens on your account, so don't let others borrow it and secure it properly:
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-maintain-account-security/
    and especially make sure to enable 2 factor authentication:
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/origin-login-verification-information/

Now locking thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!