Why has Spotting been changed

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InnerD wrote: »
    I just think camping is too strong. At the very least people should show on the map for a moment when they fire their weapon like in BF3

they do show on the map when they fire, what game are you playing?
    Are you sure. My mini map seem only to shot players "marked"
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just think camping is too strong. At the very least people should show on the map for a moment when they fire their weapon like in BF3

once they shoot they get pinged where they shot from, it doesn't follow them but it does reveal that they are there.
  • SirBobdk
    5321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

once they shoot they get pinged where they shot from, it doesn't follow them but it does reveal that they are there.
    Thx for info. Didn't know there were audio spotting. Thought it was markers.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The game where i can prone on A objective in the snow and kill 10 people without getting hunted and killed. They are literally pandering to the hardcore battlefield crowd who loves to camp and snipe.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The spotting flare is more powerful in BFV; not only will it mark all enemies inside its radius on the minimap, but it will also automatically 3D spot those players. This further emphasise the team play role of the Recon, since no longer can anyone 3D spot.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On the contrary to what some believe I see more movement and strategy than ever before.

More people are sticking together in groups to help each other out in finding enemies. No longer do I see one person running around capping a flag just looking for markers on the map....more teamwork.

I also see flags change hand more often too. Much more exciting.

Are people camping...sure but name one BF game that didnt have campers.
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The game where i can prone on A objective in the snow and kill 10 people without getting hunted and killed. They are literally pandering to the hardcore battlefield crowd who loves to camp and snipe.

because most people don't understand how the ping system works, if you did that to me i'd hunt you down faster than any of them.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    if DICE return 3D spotting i will curse them to the end of my time.

Not unlikely, they rolled back the much praised removal of ping compensation and tradekills.
  • It’s hard to overstate how many players I’ve killed, especially as a fan of unscoped bolt actions and SLR’s, while not being able to actually see them. I can and will admit I over-relied on 3D spotting.

It’s a little tough adjusting to not being able to see everyone every time but it’s better this way.
  • Rufusw5
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like it. I always hated the orange hat I got for all to see when someone spotted me.

If anything that rewards camping by having the active players far more exposed to the orange dorito spot.

I like the arrow in BFV, that would always have been my choice, it's a way to shout to your team mates 'enemies over there' without the stupid orange neon that lit them up and followed them.

It also means spamming the spot button gives you nothing.

I think this is one of those changes that will split opinion, I prefer a game that rewards a bit of thinking about your movements, and making stealth more viable. The kill cam changes are good too, same sort of idea, gives you a rough idea where they are to help with campers, but without showing you exactly where.

The night vision scopes will add an interesting dynamic without spotting!

Just my opinion I guess, but to me it's a welcome change.
  • contractor1986
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I simply can not play whatsoever with any real tactics with spotting. I used to play hardcore all the time. But that is dead in BF1. So im stuck laying down suppresive fire or flanking an objective from the weak side with a "big red balloon" attached to my head. Please say no to spotting kids.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    I get the impression that for PC players 3D spotting was an issue, where as for myself on PS4, spotting made little difference.

I never played sniper class (tried it a bit), and thought it was boring and added nothing to the game.

I have read some of the forums for a while, and for console - spotting did not seem to be an issue at all.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please dice leave spotting as it is,also leave health and ammo as is.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    I get the impression that for PC players 3D spotting was an issue, where as for myself on PS4, spotting made little difference.

I never played sniper class (tried it a bit), and thought it was boring and added nothing to the game.

I have read some of the forums for a while, and for console - spotting did not seem to be an issue at all.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Um that's not true. Spotting was a big issue in console as well. Many did not like 3D spotting mechanics, I would say it came second to only Aim Assist.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Um that's not true. Spotting was a big issue in console as well. Many did not like 3D spotting mechanics, I would say it came second to only Aim Assist.
    Hi,
    Aim assist is till in the game.
    Spotting not an issue as you can see the opponent without the marker.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • trip1ex
    5245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On the contrary to what some believe I see more movement and strategy than ever before.

More people are sticking together in groups to help each other out in finding enemies. No longer do I see one person running around capping a flag just looking for markers on the map....more teamwork.

flags change hands more often? All that tells you is there is less teamwork and strategy than ever. And more musical flags than ever.
  • VBALL_MVP
    Hi,

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

Hi,
    Aim assist is till in the game.
    Spotting not an issue as you can see the opponent without the marker.
    Regards,
    Shadders_X.

What are you getting at? You said spotting wasnt a big issue...I told you it was. And this was your response?
    trip1ex wrote: »

flags change hands more often? All that tells you is there is less teamwork and strategy than ever. And more musical flags than ever.

Actually quite the opposite. People realize one needs to advance as a group, you cant run around by yourself and expect to turn over flags. Now when groups advance that will leave flags open for capping since you only have so many people.

If the enemy is smart this allows them to cap unguarded flags. This also helped prevent spawn camping. It allowed one to sneak around the opposition and take over another flag without detection. This was practically impossible in previous games since all one had to do is spam spot and magically everyone appeared.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    if DICE return 3D spotting i will curse them to the end of my time.

Not unlikely, they rolled back the much praised removal of ping compensation and tradekills.

The bf1 died........again
  • Tigerchips
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Once they sort out the faction colours i think this will be a no issue.

I know i've been really enjoying the lack of 3D spotting. I think if you look at the spawn screen you can see where people have placed a marker so you know there might be someone there.
  • trip1ex
    5245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

Actually quite the opposite. People realize one needs to advance as a group, you cant run around by yourself and expect to turn over flags. Now when groups advance that will leave flags open for capping since you only have so many people.

If the enemy is smart this allows them to cap unguarded flags. This also helped prevent spawn camping. It allowed one to sneak around the opposition and take over another flag without detection. This was practically impossible in previous games since all one had to do is spam spot and magically everyone appeared.

say what? this is just the flag merry go round of BF1. All teams did was exchange flags over and over and over. There is no strategy in that. It's just get a flag and go to the next one. Who cares about losing any flags.