Why has Spotting been changed

Comments

• CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi,

Just got the BFV beta today and I am not impressed. It feels a lot more like COD and not the Battlefield that I have loved and played for years.
    A big part of my distaste I feel is because BFV has changed its spotting mechanics. Why the hell did this have to be changed. Now we have people just camping and sneaking up on each other. It genuinely sucks and takes fun away from the game.

I'll probably just stick with BF1 or find a new game if this very significant mechanics isn't fixed.

Some of us are happy to not play a Dorito shooting simulator.

Sorry that Battlefield is becoming less casual. But I like the change.
  • ThePro_PR
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont mind 3d spotting being removed, but IMO they have to do something to deal with the campers. There were tons of campers in BF1, but with 3d spotting he would eventually get spotted and be dealt with. Now without 3d spotting, scope glint and no kill cam I just have a feeling thing might be pretty bad during some rounds/maps.

Question. Theres no 3d spotting, but a few times in the beta I saw a red diamond quickly marking an enemy (it didnt last long). What causes these to appear? Wish 3d spotting would have been replaced by that system (all the time). Its more subtle than the doritos and they only show up for a few seconds.

Also, if theres no 3d spotting, why on earth did they decide to have a big **** bomb marker highlight the bomb carrier in Airborne? It removes any chance of flanking and its even works than a dorito. Defenders should be keeping their eyes on the objectives so theres no real need for that icon ... IMO.
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    ThePro_PR wrote: »
    I dont mind 3d spotting being removed, but IMO they have to do something to deal with the campers. There were tons of campers in BF1, but with 3d spotting he would eventually get spotted and be dealt with. Now without 3d spotting, scope glint and no kill cam I just have a feeling thing might be pretty bad during some rounds/maps.

Question. Theres no 3d spotting, but a few times in the beta I saw a red diamond quickly marking an enemy (it didnt last long). What causes these to appear? Wish 3d spotting would have been replaced by that system (all the time). Its more subtle than the doritos and they only show up for a few seconds.

Also, if theres no 3d spotting, why on earth did they decide to have a big **** bomb marker highlight the bomb carrier in Airborne? It removes any chance of flanking and its even works than a dorito. Defenders should be keeping their eyes on the objectives so theres no real need for that icon ... IMO.

3d spotting is in the game, but only scouts and planes can do it. the red triangle happens when an enemy is being suppressed. also there is scope glint on long range scopes
  • ThePro_PR
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    InnerD wrote: »
    3d spotting is in the game, but only scouts and planes can do it.

With their rilfes scopes or only with the binoculars? If its with the latter I guess there wont be much 3d spotting. Lets get real, most of the players using the scout class only use it because of the high damage and camping capabilities.
    the red triangle happens when an enemy is being suppressed.

Oh, ok, thanks
    also there is scope glint on long range scopes

Must be really faint, I dont remember seeing it (or maybe its hard to see it with all the snow, high contrast and over exposure).
  • InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ThePro_PR wrote: »
    3d spotting is in the game, but only scouts and planes can do it.

With their rilfes scopes or only with the binoculars? If its with the latter I guess there wont be much 3d spotting. Lets get real, most of the players using the scout class only use it because of the high damage and camping capabilities.
    the red triangle happens when an enemy is being suppressed.

Oh, ok, thanks
    also there is scope glint on long range scopes

Must be really faint, I dont remember seeing it (or maybe its hard to see it with all the snow, high contrast and over exposure).

with the binocs, you get plenty of points for doing it too.

most people probably don't even know the long range scope exists or maybe they do and don't want the glint. You have to add it to your gun via customization options.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    On the contrary to what some believe I see more movement and strategy than ever before.

More people are sticking together in groups to help each other out in finding enemies. No longer do I see one person running around capping a flag just looking for markers on the map....more teamwork.

I also see flags change hand more often too. Much more exciting.

Are people camping...sure but name one BF game that didnt have campers.

flags change hands more often? All that tells you is there is less teamwork and strategy than ever. And more musical flags than ever.

Actually quite the opposite. People realize one needs to advance as a group, you cant run around by yourself and expect to turn over flags. Now when groups advance that will leave flags open for capping since you only have so many people.

If the enemy is smart this allows them to cap unguarded flags. This also helped prevent spawn camping. It allowed one to sneak around the opposition and take over another flag without detection. This was practically impossible in previous games since all one had to do is spam spot and magically everyone appeared.

say what? this is just the flag merry go round of BF1. All teams did was exchange flags over and over and over. There is no strategy in that. It's just get a flag and go to the next one. Who cares about losing any flags.

Well makes me question if you played BFV or for that matter conquest on any Battlefield game.
  • phoenix1368
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love when people compare this game to cod yet they want the biggest crutch in the game back so they don't actually have to find their opponent. Keep using the lazy and overused cod comparison, I need a giggle every day.

look, you dont like spotting, it is cool, go play hard core. nobody stop you from that. spotting is fair game for everybody, you can spot the enemy, and enemy can spot you. if you dont use it play hard core. stop saying "crutch". You cant force people to like what you enjoyed, if you want to do that, I would suggest you to live in China or Russia, since they like to force people.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love when people compare this game to cod yet they want the biggest crutch in the game back so they don't actually have to find their opponent. Keep using the lazy and overused cod comparison, I need a giggle every day.

look, you dont like spotting, it is cool, go play hard core. nobody stop you from that. spotting is fair game for everybody, you can spot the enemy, and enemy can spot you. if you dont use it play hard core. stop saying "crutch". You cant force people to like what you enjoyed, if you want to do that, I would suggest you to live in China or Russia, since they like to force people.

3:10 mark .... Enjoy.

• UsainskiSemperFi
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if 3D spotting returns ill be mad as when my dog is hungry, that mad i'll be!
  • jimonedk
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting is better now.
    In the older games, you could find enemies with the spotting button. It's harder to do that now.
  • SirBobdk
    5323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think it's a problem since we have audio spotting and markers. I'm glad the 3D spotting is gone.
    But the game have some problems with the light making it hard to see enemies.
    And some of the sights are also wierd like they blend into the surroundings making it hard to aim.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like that 3d spotting is gone and the more you play the more you will find out that is quit possible to play without.
    It gives campers an advantage, but it also gives PTFO players an advantage.

I had a great time sliding up the water side of the Narvik map at the beginning of some rounds and back-shooting a bunch of snipers who were all looking the wrong way because I didn't have a neon sign over my head. 3D spotting is kind of a crutch, that's one of the reasons I liked Hardcore mode in earlier titles, that crutch was gone.

People who won't give this game a chance because something they're used to isn't there anymore are denying themselves a challenging and enjoyable experience for a silly reason. But it's their money, they can spend it as they please.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can we atleast change the way the current spot marker works? Right now people are accidentally leaving those spot markers with no way to remove them. How can i even trust those spot markers at all when people are trying to mark an objective and whoops left a spot marker.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

I'd rather not play a mode that the game was never intended for or balanced around. Get used to not having spotting, that change isnt going anywhere. I'm sorry your bag of doritos is gone for your gameplay. I won't stop saying crutch because it literally is one. Have you seen half the responses complaining about it being gone? My favorite"If I actually wanted to look for my enemies Id go play Arma". It's a crutch plain and simple. Oh look a sniper took a shot at me, better press the spot in this general direction, there he is with a nice big dorito above him.
  • Dominicomucci
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually love the new systems for spitting etc. They work brilliantly and are more realistic.
  • Krynnost
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

look, you dont like spotting, it is cool, go play hard core. nobody stop you from that. spotting is fair game for everybody, you can spot the enemy, and enemy can spot you

Spotting wasn't fair game for all the doritos I shot below of. I'm glad it's gone.
  • pigloaf-nz
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The new spotting system is absolutely brilliant.
    Playing BF4 i'm watching a tiny circle for red dots and spamming q every second.
    In BFV I actually focus on my environment and the opportunity exists to out-think and out-maneuver opponents without being betrayed by a stupid system.
  • Player_ge96c98d
    3 postsMember Member
    edited October 2018
    Simply put, you all prefer COD. BF was a realistic game once upon a time but all the lame run-and-gunners of COD ruined that since EA is about $$$ and not about making awesome games. EA screwed this game to oblivion, it literally is a version of COD with vehicles now.

Pre-order generation is to blame for the crap we see now in video games. Thanks!
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Simply put, you all prefer COD. BF was a realistic game once upon a time but all the lame run-and-gunners of COD ruined that since EA is about $$$ and not about making awesome games. EA screwed this game to oblivion, it literally is a version of COD with vehicles now.

Pre-order generation is to blame for the crap we see now in video games. Thanks!

Battlefield has never been realistic past a realistic theme maybe.

{EA_Lanna: Bait removed}
  • GirlPowerNana
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So glad 3D spotting is gone
    Makes the game so much better!