After 28 hours of Beta, here is my long complete feedback.

Kuky_HR
81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
First I want to apologize for my bad grammar and English. Hope you gonna understand what I am talking about :)

I have 28 hours of Battlefield V beta and 10h from Alpha. Here is my HONEST feedback. Warning, big wall of text incoming.

NUZ3voQ.jpg

I will start with things I like and this will be short.
Gunplay and gameplay are really good, Movements system is good. Tanks feel good, Rotterdam is great map. And both maps feel like good design. Attrition is only great idea for now. Overall game have good potential but there is still so many problems in this game. It really feels like beta product.

Sound

Sound is really strange, like it is bugged. You sometimes dosnt even hear gunshot, especially on medium to long range. All you hear is bullet buzzing near you. This is one of problem with people say map feels empty, because sounds are very unbalanced. Gunshots doesn't have that BOOM! PAM! PAF! :)
Footsteps are also strange, sometimes you hear them, then other time not. Anyway audio still need some fine tuning to be good.
To rise atmosphere add some screaming, grumble to players. Something random players would say or just scream when under suppression or being shot or reloading. It would sound like they are suffering and they are afraid. And make them loud, so others can heat this. Gunshots everywhere so they need to scream loud. It's war, remember?

Performance and servers
For me it is bad. I had 80-90 on BF1 and now it dropped to 40 and even 25 in some situations. Don't know what is the problem but game performance is all over the place. And something I noticed is that performance differs from server to server. Once i had 33 frames on Rotterdam almost constantly, then other time 57 with few frame drops on other server.
Really strange.

And if I am using some kind of config then gaphics out of sudden become so strange. Those textures that should reflect everything, become ugliest thing I have ever seen. They just look like mirror from 15 years ago. I will show some screenshots and pictures later.

I hear from friend he also have performance problem on PS4. So this still needs a lot of work, because this is MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL. If performance is bad, you simply can't play properly. And not all people have high end PC to play game, so if you want more people to play, make is run on more systems. Similar to BF1 which ran on old system with fine frame rate. Even on new machines can't get over 80-100 frames in this game. Don't know what happened but BF1 just felt much smoother and graphics were already best i have seen on market. It would make 120 fames no problem even on decent PC. BF5 however is choking machines, to get constant 120 frames without drops you need PC that cost 3000 dollars. Which is bad for today gaming stadard and competitive gaming.

Servers every now and then start showing this icon in right side of screen. Like server is under heavy load or something. Could be that this is also part of problem why performance is soo different on each server.

Visuals

Game looks good but some things went to far, and it's ruining gameplay to add cinematic effects. Rotterdamn is both too bright but also too dark. I constantly changing brightness but can't set it up properly. Under train, shadows are soo dark that i can't see unless i have brightness on 80%, but then if I go to harbor near B this area is so bright it hurts my eyes. Simply game need fine tuning here too.
Then other thing is why does game in distance look so blurry? I disabled all filters and blur and in distance game still doesnt look clear. Like 50meters from me resolution gets scaled down.This could be Anti aliasing problem, i see in many games AA makes your game looks blurry in distance, especially T-AA game is forcing us to use.
So please give us more option and let us disable Anti Aliasing, some people simply doesnt like it or need more frames. I would rather have those edges than blurry screen.

Ray Tracing. Is this enabled on all system by defualt or what? If it takes performance away, well, then let us disable this. I simply don't want any effects or cinematic effects, I wan't to play game and enjoy gameplay, not visuals only.
Too bright areas, then there are too dark with shadows way too dark those things just arent balanced right. Add to this that smoke everywhere, there is particle effects everywhere, effects flashing at you, too much bloom etc. Just too much going on. And then you removed spotting, so with all this no wonder people have hard time to see enemy players. Plus it only choke PC and give us bad frame rate. BF1 graphics were fine, this in BF5 is simply oversaturated, color palet is also strange. This is why people say it looks like cartoon. Honestly to me BF1 looks far better and more realistic, it looks clear and graphics aren't full of those silly effects. BF1 already had best graphics on market, no need to add stupid filters to game. Sometimes too much also makes game look ugly.

For example just look at B flag on Rotterdam, that hotel. Everything inside is looking like mirrors. Everything reflect light like a supernova. And when you even get close to this hotel i love 15 frames at once.
Or just how bad glass on those stores on corners of map look like. When you look from inside to outside, you can't see a thing. Glass reflection is like a true mirror. This is not really how windows work. And all this affect preformance, thing that are simply not needed and sure not in such a huge rate and so strong.
Or more examples of reflection doing more bad than good. On STG is noticable but even more so on M1 Carbine. When you fight near sun, your iron sights would reflect so much sun you can't track your targets and shoot. It simply blind you. It hides your iron sight, tip of iron sight become bright/white you simply can't see. Tested optics but then they are too dark.

Yes things in real life reflect light and other thing too, but not everything is like mirror. Becuase thats how it looks in game right now. It would be nice if we could simply tone done totally those things. Right now on low, or ESL config, those things look very bad. Like whole Rotterdam is done to be benchmark for Ray Tracing with all those cars, little water lakes on streets etc. Like it's made only to reflect everything and for showoff.

And whole color pallet is just strange. Cartoonish like. Hard to explain this, i had to enable color blind how hard is to see iconds in all those effects.

Would maybe be nice if game have some sort of Post Proccesing Preset like Rising Storm 2. Where you choose brighter game, more cinematic or sad tone. After all its, war game, not cartoon.

Since we are at this. Armory and company, place where you see skins is too damn fleshy. I don't know who made idea to make game so bright and lense flares hitting your screen from everywhere. Just make me see weapon and thats it, i don't need sun rays to burn my eyes. Same applies to game, lightning is really bad in this game, and not bad in way that it looks ugly but you guys overdone it. There is too much lense flares, sun rays and stuff like this. It is good for cinematic feeling but not all of us want this. Some of us want to play game without this.

Blurry image and screen in distance, probably because forced TAA

lUZXpA0.png
j0z2MGP.png
z1T1Fwm.png
oEErJ7V.png
ojDWdp2.png

Strange lightning and reflections:

Supernova sun
cP5YOZ7.png
Both blurry image and bloom or whatever making supernova sun
lcpOw3i.png
UGxUMeN.png

Then there is problem with reflections and also too much effects like bloom etc. Which affect your aim and at end gameplay

M1 Carbine is the worst. It makes your iron sight totaly bright
doa2CnS.png

Do you even see tip or iron sight?
14UIhK5.png
K7mXt80.png

Not so bad but still

h4c0BFh.png

Then when you try to disable some of those effects over config this happen to textures that are supposed to reflect and be "Ray Tracing thing"

AppshRi.png
6Ybw9KK.png

Rotterdam during rain or fog looks far better and give much better tone to game
vJqeBR8.png

For me this look cinematic and cool on first sight, then start affecting gameplay and what is worst performance, which is cut in half for me since BF1. Which for me look much cleaner and is easier to see.
BF1 just looks pleasing to my eyes. BF5 make me have headache after 2 matches how oversaturated graphics are.

In game economy

I hope this was only because of beta, but it simply can't stay this way. Earning credits only over assignments is bad. They give you so little credits already.
Like what is the point of playing game and match then? So right now your 100-0 means nothing at all because you get 0 credits for this. It simply have to give you credits based on your performance and win-lose that match. Why should I even care to attack objectives or play this match, or care to win if I won't get anything from this?

Simply imagine Rainbow Six: Siege doesn't give you credits for your match, but only from assignments. It would be one of hardest grinds and most annyoing thing ever.

I mean like buying same gun and same upgrades you already bought is not enough of time and credits waster. But now you can earn those credits slower than you dig diamonds

Armory, Company and upgrades

Company need some quality of life updates.
Why can't we name our guns when we have more of the same or at least remove them from slot? We should make our gun, add upgrades and then rename that gun. For example STG44 close range or long range depending on our upgrades. If not you add something to gun name that depends on which path we go in upgrade tree. Because right now i simply it is too confusing.
If not all this just let us change our upgrades if we want and use same gun all the time. So we don't have to waste our credits 3 times on same gun and same upgrades.
Upgrades should show us how much it changed gun performance in percentages, because it's hard to know what is "slightly".
Those upgrades should also have negative sides. For example Extended mag, you get more bullets per mag but you reload slower. Faster bullets but you have recoil. Lower recoil but more spread. Faster ADS but worse hipfire. etc.

Why do we need to buy same upgrades which we already bought before? Now if you want to experiment with guns you need to buy upgrades each time even if you payed for them before. I would even be happy if each upgrade we already bough cost less, half price at least. Or simply 100 credits to change to different one.

Why do we need to quit the game to unlock and change our weapons? Seems very odd decision and not very enjoyable to leave your squad to see/buy new guns.

Why are new unlock not shown on screen if we want to? All this is missing right now.
And why is there some icon in armory? Like you unlocked something new, but then I can't find this. Would be nice if this icon is show next to gun or item I unlocked.

And why is company and economy in dark hangar full of lights. Just make me day, and so i can see my weapons and tanks clear as day.

Example of bad effects and bad location for armory. You can't see gun properly because of effects.

w6OWmcB.png

But when you remove them over confing you can't see gun or vehicles AT ALL

gqN976z.png

vefdoz5.png

Vehicle upgrades

I hope this is only beta problem but they miss descriptions. It would be good if we know what each upgade does. And percentage of how much does it change performance

Quit button

Where is Quit button at end of match? BF1 didn't have it at start and now BF5 miss this.
One of main reasons of badly balanced teams in BF1 and now in BF5 is that quiting between maps take too long, making people simply alt+f4 or game is exiting for so long you already load new map. Then once new map is loaded, people leave and one team end up without 10 or more players. But when new ones arrive, enemy already have all flags.

Tanks

Tanks feel good now. Maybe LMG is bit too weak, but ok.
What doesn't feel good is aiming. When you enter sniper scope and then leave sniper scope my gun and turret twitches, sometimes gun isnt even aiming in same direction or place I was aiming in sniper zoom. This really need fixing because it's really annoying.

Tankers should also be able to repair and create their repair stations and some maps need more of them. On Narvik operations Allies have no repair station in base. And often plane destroy them but you can't repair them.
  • Sturmtiger and Churchill gun carrier

They doesn't feel too good. Main reason is their accuracy. Their projectiles doesn't even fly where you aim. It's always go bit to left or bit to right of your crosshair. Don't know what is problem here but it looks like shell isn't flying from center of your crosshair but more to side. I know that cannon isn't really in the middle of tank but in sniper mode it should be. It should not fly off target because of this. It just feel very frustrating missing shots because of this.
On and Sturmtiger and Crocodile doesn't feel to powerfull. Crocodile is even ok, but Sturmtiger is really bad. Not only because things mentioned above, but his 380mm ROCKET have spash damage less then 2 pounder on Valentanie. It makes no sense and you don't evne have coaxial LMG. On tanks it does fine damage, but Infantry needs to be hit directly in order to kill them with this massive rocket.
  • Damage models for tanks and directional damage

Would be nice to have weakspots on tanks. Right now if you hit tank from behind or side or good angle it does same damage. It would be nice to have BF4 like damage models on tanks, where hitting them from behind actually do more damage.

• Half truck

Don't know why but gun on back of this truck simply shoot everywhere but not where you aim. My bullets mostly fly bit to right of iron sight. Looks like many vehicles in this game have misaligned crosshair to gun location.
Other thing I have problem is why do Panzerfaust make only 29 damage on them? They should be 2 shot kills with rockets.

Field guns

Field gun or Pak43(if thats name) is useless. What is the point of fieldgun if it does same damage to tank like any other tank or rocket? They do way too little damage, they should be more like BF1 where it does more damage than any tank. Why? Because they are mostly stationary targets and easy to kill. Right now I towed that gun around. Got good position, shot tiger once and made 24 damage. Then he killed me and destroy that gun forever. It needs to be like in BF1. where it kills and it isn't so easy to kill. Something that will avoid and try to outflank or outsmart.

On E on Narvik those guns can't even aim down, tank would be below me and gun on hill, but you can't aim down on tank.

Planes

They are simply too slow and slugish. It feels like they are floating in air and not flying. There is no feeling of engine pulling your plane forward. Each time I try to turn or slow down, my plane simply enter stall. And that stall ins't normal, but plane is stuck in air and steady. It doesn't start falling down slowly but is simply stuck in air lol.
Plane combat also suffer from all this.

They simply feel out of place and like they are fighting their own battle. Disconnected from rest of players.
And why is it so hard to see friendly and enemy planes? Same problem as in alpha, you see from close but on longer range, you can't know who is who.

Oh almost forgot. Planes need bomb sight and they need button to see behind them in 3p view too. Plus zoom on some planes are not working.

Classes and gadgets

I hope we gonna be able to change both gadget slots. Right now it is simply stupid to carry about bandage and medkit, or ammo pouch and ammo crate.

Bouncing betty on all classes

I hope this is bug, but ive seen almost every class can have this and plant them. This doesn't sound like a good idea. It could lead to spam of this. People already plant them next to medic/ammo supply crate

Other thing is I see those thing on ground, but I can't shoot them. Only option is to stand on them or choose other path. So let us shoot the damn thing if we see it.

Grenade launcher

Again, why do Assault need this? At least add Grenade launcher HE to assault so it does 5-10 damage to vehicles.

Attrition

It is fine and I love idea but it's bit to harsh. Especially on some guns. Maybe this is DICE way to balance things, but I feel like 1 or 2 more magazine/clip would be good thing for not constantly running out of ammo.
On some guns it doesn't even give you a single extra mag. For example when you upgrade M1 Carbine with extended mag, you simply have 31 bullets in that one mag that is attached to gun, nothing extra to reload. And when you go to supply station, then you get simply one extra mag. Way too harsh and no one would go in battle with just 2 mags.

Dead player should also give you more ammo. Getting 12 bullets from dead player is just too low, it should be one clip minimum or even how much he had.

Medkit and ammo supply stations.

Many times people destroy them and I see no one even know you can rebuild it. Would be good to notify support players about this or simply make this indestructable. Or make all classes to build this thing.
On Narvik on C there is one ammo station but most of time someone destroy it, then even with support you can't rebuild it. E on narvik doesnt even have ammo station. This have to change. And there should be more loaction on which someone can build those.

Plus bandages/medic pouch and small ammo pouch, they should stay on ground or something. It's so hard to see them and throw them atm. Most of time it shows you that you have 0 of them.

Big ammo box should also resupply your grenades, right now it doesnt.

That extra bandage you have when resupplying. Would be nice to rebind this key, 5 is hard to press.

7 seconds respawn

So right now if you die and call for medic, but no one revives you in those 30 seconds you still have to wait 7 seconds on deploy screen just like if you bleed out faster. There is no need for this. Add timer if you bleed out, but when you wait for medic for 30 seconds, you should not get this 7 seconds delay on spawning.

Bipods

Bipods right now do more damage to people using LMGs then ones you shoot at. Automatic bipods would move your machine gun in unexpected direction and twitch your gun all over the place(at least first LMG KE7), at end you miss half of your shots because of this.

So idea is to:

1. remove automatic bipods and then add different key which we can set to depoy them
2. make them similar to BF1 where you automatically deploy bipods but they doesn't ruin your aim

Supply carnister drop

Why can each squad leader order only one of those? On operations I ordered one for my squad to hold position, they took our sector and my supply carnister was stuck in enemy sector. Would be nice to remove or order new one and old delete itself.

UI

b]Chat[/b]

It is really hard to see if someone is writing in squad, team or all chat. This marker on left side should be bigger.

Medkit and ammo box should be highlighted like in BF3. I see way to many people don't see where it is. There is also no icon for this. Would be good to have outline or something that makes people far easier to see. Attrition is harsh, this doesn't need to be, let people see ammo box or medkit.

On and like mentioned above, UI most of time shows that you have 0 medic pouches or ammo pouch.

Main menu is simplistic, but it isn't really functional.

Profanity Chat Filter
It blocks too much and isn't really that good. I mean titanfall, SJW is blocked, so is suck, ****, ffs and even DLC. But then I can write **** and it's fine. It even blocks "white man".

Would be maybe nice to add feature to turn this off? Some of us are grown up man, we can take insulting and read those words.

Squad orders

Defending order doesn't give you any points. There is no more this timer like in BF1 where you get points if you hold this flag for like 30 sec.

People doesn't even know they need to confirm orders. How about game inform other squad mates about new order until they accept it?

Friend join and squads.

It's one of most imporant features and needs to be improved. In beta I failed to join 4 friends playing because their squad was already full. So I had no other options but to search for server they are on.
Would be nice if I could switch to "friends tab" in server browser.
Or list friends and servers your friends are playing on in main menu. It always show me same friends to me, you know that big icon? Why not button to list more friends and their servers? I have 80 friends and game always choose random one. Why not arrow to right or left where you swipe among friends playing?

Example of icons and where could we list more friends from main menu screen

6d8EEYS.png

Match start

I see some conquest maps start as players load map. Well could there be bit of delay? Like in old battlefields. Right now sometimes when I load in or spawn, part of team already took all vehicles and took one or even two flags. Make at least 20-30sec timer before match start so everyone load in.

Weapon balance

ZH-29 feels way to good. Need something. Slower bullet, more recoil. I don't know. But it's too good.
STG44 still dominates everything. Even tho I like STG44, playing other guns like M1 Carbine or Gew43 just doesn't pay off. STG have more ammo, it is easier to use and have more ammo per magazine. It even does same damage. Need something, more recoil, less hipfire.

Grenade launcher should be able to destroy some fortifications.

Destruction and penetration.

There is many things you can destroy or shoot trough but then there are way to many things that block your bullets. This would even be fine for SMG or something small caliber. But I think LMGs should penetrate more objects like tank LMG does. For example wooden fences with huge hole in there on Narvik simply stop your bullets. Even holes in fence stop them. This too should be changed.

Spawn protection

Probably one of most frustrating things in this beta. Just remove this.

Some bugs

I was stuck on this boat, it's near German spawn on Rotterdam.
A2HTqhp.png

Sturmtiger have snow on him on Rotterdam map.

wSpAFlh.jpg

After crouching near this wall to right on C, my soldier was holding shotgun and pistol like this. I was also unable to aim
Vc7XnM2.png

MG42 on back of halftruck. It shoots bit to right from iron sight.
Example you can see bullets flying.

PnLovQ6.png

Final note.

Don't know how to expain more thing around visuals. They are simply overdone, yes it cinematic but this is just wow on first 3 maps then you forget about it and want better performance and clear, simple screen with good stable performance. Similar to how PUBG done it and why is it so popular, simple gameplay with simple clear gaphics, without silly overdone effects, with now good and stable performance. This is what people want in long term, something that doesn't affect gameplay so much, because only good gameplay will make game live for longer. Not cinematic gaphics full of effects. If you add them disable all of them if they want to.

Economy needs better look at, it isn't F2P game really, no need for hard grind. Some people may like long progression but not all.

I wanted to preorder after beta, but I want to to try game on trial to see if optimization is done well and game fly smooth as BF1, this is biggest problem at the moment for me, if it's bad ill wait for till game runs smooth. To see if sound is good like in older titles. Then I will be looking at economy, squad join. Because those are things i had most problems with.

Thanks for reading this long text.

Comments

• Tergyt
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Fyi there is a ammo resupply station at the E flag on Narvik, but it got the same problem as the resupply station at the C Flag where you can't rebuild it. There was one time i actually managed to rebuild the ammo resupply station at the C flag, but it only happened once. Was never able to do it again. Overall your review pretty much fits my current impression of the game.

The attrition system is something DICE is currently looking at and will eventually raise the amount of ammo you can have, which is good as weapons that have the Extended mags upgrade (M1 Carbine and the suomi kp/-31) will be slightly more viable as you mentioned the M1 Carbine only has that one clip which is currently loaded on the gun and not having any reserve ammo until you resupply that one extra mag you can have. The suomi kp/-31 faces somewhat of a similar problem. The Extended mags upgrade raises it mag size from 20 to 50, but when you spawn in, you only start with 25 bullets in the mag (Supposed to be 50 bullets, not 25) and 50 in reserve. It as well only got two mags after the extended mag upgrade (When fully resupplied), making me question myself if the extended mag upgrade was even worth it. Although this part could've just been an oversight on DICE's part. But if they intended it to be this way, then it is slightly disappointing.
  • LucidDreaming45
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Right on point, 100% agree
  • Volpefox1998
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I totally agree with you. And I am worried about vehicle , in the bast bf there were a lot of tanks,cars,bike,plane in the map of this beta only one tank per team really?!
  • GlaeschenMaggi
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 11
    I totally agree with you. I have played the beta around 20h or so but yesterday I had enough of this game. I haven't been bad at this game but even if I played well it didn't feel like a Battlefield nor did it feel satisfying or fun to me. So I played the game for about 20 minutes again and in this short time I have experienced all the things I hate about this game. I was so annoyed and sick of this game that I quitted it with the key combiantion ALT+F4 mid-game. I have never done this before but this game actually managed to make me do this. Afterwards I immediately canceled my pre-order because this mess of a game I just not worth my €72 at all. Quite the opposite I would not even want this game to be gifted to me. And you know that a game developer really messed up if the most satisfying feeling you have had about a game was when cancelling it.
  • spychodelics
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thank you for taking the screenshots of this visual mess, i hadnt had time to do it, but yeah, lightning, shadows, bloom, taa etc make the gameplay worst, i dont need another beautiful game in my origin account i dont play, because its to shiny.
  • DaKevSlayer
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 11
    I agree with what was said. Especially for the vivid colors. That's really too much. In addition, "bleeding out" is boring and should be improved. Finally, I think that the game is missing a true hardcore mode (no crosshair, no auto regen, etc), like in old BF's.
  • JubDubTV
    338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys, this was obviously was not a current build of the game. DICE has been doing that for years in the Betas of games past. Most feedback is semi useless at this point.
  • Cpt_McRon
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi there,

First sorry for my english, I'm french...

It's a full and interesting post so i wanted to answer with my own experience of this beta regarding the points discribed here.
    Globally I think same things, just on few points i want to say what i experimented:

Tanks

One thing i loved to see in this beta is the return of faction only vehicles: German tanks to Axis Faction and British Tank to Allied faction, same goes for plane but...
    Why the Sdkfz 251 aka Hanomag is for both Faction while it's a german vehicle ??? Hope it's just for the beta.

Other thing about apc: put more place in it like in BF1942, they're mobile spawnpoints for your team so why locking them to only 4 seats while in real life they could at least take 8 soldiers if no more.

Churchill gun carrier: now it's too late because it's already designed but why the hell a prototype is here while in WW2 there's plenty of tanks you can choose, i mean for british Valentine as light seems good for an end war light tank, same goes for PzIII for german,

About Medium tank: PzIV of course it's okay, but why a standart Churchill ???? It's the heaviest british tanks of the war, it should be a Cromwell tank instead.
    And for heavies Tiger 1 is of course good but it should be against a Churchill not a prototype tank coming from nowhere.

And damage should change depending where you hit, if theres more armor plate or no, (like in BF4) and disabling turret, engine (currently it works on the tracks, why not the other things) ?

Don't use BF1 kind of spawn for vehicles, bring us back the BF4 style, with multiples vehicles available at our HQ, if you spawn directly inside as a driver you have the equipment of a crew, if you spawn as a passenger, you have your own classe.
    And decrease the timer to spawn a tank, i mean seriously i spend 2 mins waiting in the spawnscreen while our team tank was already destroyed and i didn't get a new one, i had to go back to fight as a soldier after wasting 2 mins.

Put and show a countdown for the vehicle spawn so we can know what to do and if it's worth it to stay and wait for the vehicle or if it's better to go back to the fight.

Field Guns

There should not only be german Pak 43 and Flack 36, Allied should have their own field guns like Bofors and QF 17 pounder guns for British army.
    About damage it should depends where it hits as sayed before.

Grenade Launcher

5-10 Hits are okay for me but only on apc, kettenkrad and so on, not on tanks, it's only grenades after all.

Attrition

I'm not agree here, i find the current attrition perfect !!!

2 magazines are enough to spawn with. It encourages a lot to play with your squad and it give a real fonction to the support role, because in previous BF, support weren't asked do drop ammo until gadgets ammo were down and it made them kind of useless class compared to engineer/assault & medics.

Now Support become way more significant because everyone will run out of ammo and Recon gain a lot of attention by being the lone to be able to spot enemies through binoculars.

But I also think that dropped ammo patch should give 1 mag and not 12 bullets.

Medkit and ammo supply stations

I didn't found these bugs, when a crate was destroyed i always could repaire including C ammo and if i remember correctly there was both ammo and health crate on Norvik E point, health next to the 2 houses and ammo more close to the german spawn next to the small hut.

I'm not sure of it, but I don't remember beeing approvisionned in gadgets and grenades by support soldier's big ammo box, kind of a shame, what's the point of theses boxes if they're doing same thing than patches ???

7 seconds respawn

So right now if you die and call for medic, but no one revives you in those 30 seconds you still have to wait 7 seconds on deploy screen just like if you bleed out faster. There is no need for this. Add timer if you bleed out, but when you wait for medic for 30 seconds, you should not get this 7 seconds delay on spawning.

I can't be more agree with this, players want to play, not standing in front of their screen and waiting. We're already frustrated that no medics came to revive us so please don't add this useless spawntime ^^

Bipods

Bipods right now do more damage to people using LMGs then ones you shoot at. Automatic bipods would move your machine gun in unexpected direction and twitch your gun all over the place(at least first LMG KE7), at end you miss half of your shots because of this.

I played support untill level 12 during the beta and I'm not agree with this point. At least bipods where ok with Bren and FG42, but i remember beeing frustrated at the beeing while using KE7. I don't know if it was me, my connection or a real problem with KE7 bipod.

Anyway bipods gave me real utility for covering my squad, more precision, less recoil as expected from a bipod so it sounds good to me.

Chat

Often i encountered some problem to write in the squad channel, there was only ALL & TEAM channel available so...

Friend join and squads

It's one of most imporant features and needs to be improved. In beta I failed to join 4 friends playing because their squad was already full. So I had no other options but to search for server they are on.
    Would be nice if I could switch to "friends tab" in server browser.
    Or list friends and servers your friends are playing on in main menu. It always show me same friends to me, you know that big icon? Why not button to list more friends and their servers? I have 80 friends and game always choose random one. Why not arrow to right or left where you swipe among friends playing?

Sure !!!

Match start

I see some conquest maps start as players load map. Well could there be bit of delay? Like in old battlefields. Right now sometimes when I load in or spawn, part of team already took all vehicles and took one or even two flags. Make at least 20-30sec timer before match start so everyone load in.

In fact, correct me if I'm wrong but the map is loading when we see the debrief of the last match right ? I spended a lot of time (2-3mins) to see the debrief after each game and when i entered the next one, i saw my teammates already took the first point.

BUT i tried twice to skip the debrief and I finally entered the game and saw a 30 secs countdown before spawning. So maybe it's the loading time of the next map which is really fast and gave us the time to see the debrief and spawn. Perhaps for once in the video games industry we should put a longer countdown 60 sec ?

Some bugs

As a medic it displayed ammo pouch instead of health pouch

Final note.

Don't know how to expain more thing around visuals. They are simply overdone, yes it cinematic but this is just wow on first 3 maps then you forget about it and want better performance and clear, simple screen with good stable performance. Similar to how PUBG done it and why is it so popular, simple gameplay with simple clear gaphics, without silly overdone effects, with now good and stable performance. This is what people want in long term, something that doesn't affect gameplay so much, because only good gameplay will make game live for longer. Not cinematic gaphics full of effects. If you add them disable all of them if they want to.

Even tho I like urban maps and small infantry maps, i like rotterdam. I love to have different maps but honestly those maps make what people say Battlefield lost identity. One of main things Battlefield had was big open maps with combination of everything. There was part of map for infantry, there was part and place for tanks and there was space for planes. And all this would fight each other and would make huge combained battles. Prime example is Golmud Railway from BF4. Lot of vehicles, lot of space for them but also place for infantry to fight. Similar is Sinai.
    So not only does urban and infantry focused maps take more time and are harder to make but looks like they also make battlefield, feel less battlefield. We had 1 tanks per battle on both beta maps. Like for real?!

Yes give us back big maps with different environmment !!! Multiple kinds of vehicles and so on, currently the problem consist of the spawn system of the vehicles and the small number of vehicles.

♥♥♥♥♥♥ Another thing: Give us back the excellent CONQUEST ASSAULT mode from BF1942 !!!!
    It was so awesome to defend flags to the last one with no untakable flag for the defenders so they should defend to the last soldier to reconquer a position and make the team spawn again.
    ♥♥♥♥♥
  • Il_Jaeger_Il
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Great feedback. I agree with most if not all.

May I add: we need bigger squads. Either 5 or 6 men. With the attrition system, a 4 class squad is now more needed than ever, as each class completes the other. But sometimes you want to play something else, or you have a fifth friend that gets left behind. Or someone hops into a vehicle and makes the infantry miss a man.

So I think bringing BF1's 5 men squads (or BF2's 6 men) would help giving squads more options for diversity as well as helping squads endure the attrition system (which was a great addition btw).
  • Cpt_McRon
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm agree with that, 4 man squad will be difficult to handle with the attrition system but with the capacity to revive all your squad mates not regarding you own class is definitely a big change in the way you compose your squad.

Right now I feel the best squad is 2 Assault, 1Medic, 1 Support or 1 Assault, 2 Medic, 1 Support.

In every case a 5th emplacement for a Recon or a Vehicle Crew (Tank or Plane) will be very appreciated
  • American_Outlaw
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Fantastic post man!!! Great points and evidence to back it up. You really captured the major issues I felt after the beta.
  • CactusMoss
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 12
    Agree. Lets hope they see this post.
    And most of the FG-42 sights/scope is off center, hope this is a beta thingy and will be fix in full release.
  • Fw-JPhysics
    325 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

May I add: we need bigger squads. Either 5 or 6 men. With the attrition system, a 4 class squad is now more needed than ever, as each class completes the other. But sometimes you want to play something else, or you have a fifth friend that gets left behind. Or someone hops into a vehicle and makes the infantry miss a man.

So I think bringing BF1's 5 men squads (or BF2's 6 men) would help giving squads more options for diversity as well as helping squads endure the attrition system (which was a great addition btw).

So true, 4 man squads just isn't big enough. Would appreciate an increase in squad size.
  • runechaz
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    +10000 for the original post

also: Spawn timer for vehicules would be nice (like Hardline (probably the best part of hardline)

weapon / vehicules upgrade right now is pretty stupid. Leveling the weapon / vehicules for unlocking the upgrade = fine paying for the upgrade = fine but WHY do we have to re-buy the upgrade if we want to change thats stupid.. When the upgrade is unlocked let us change it att will like all the other battlefield
  • Kuky_HR
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    JubDubTV wrote: »
    Guys, this was obviously was not a current build of the game. DICE has been doing that for years in the Betas of games past. Most feedback is semi useless at this point.

lol wut? They say the need feedback. They telling people to post feedback here.
  • Kuky_HR

So true, 4 man squads just isn't big enough. Would appreciate an increase in squad size.

I think 4 man squad is here for balancing reasons. If you noticed it is kind of balanced at the moment because every match in beta, at least my beta, ended with 20-50 tickets difference.
  • Kuky_HR
    Cpt_McRon wrote: »
    Hi there,

First sorry for my english, I'm french...

It's a full and interesting post so i wanted to answer with my own experience of this beta regarding the points discribed here.
    Globally I think same things, just on few points i want to say what i experimented:

Attrition

I'm not agree here, i find the current attrition perfect !!!

2 magazines are enough to spawn with. It encourages a lot to play with your squad and it give a real fonction to the support role, because in previous BF, support weren't asked do drop ammo until gadgets ammo were down and it made them kind of useless class compared to engineer/assault & medics.

Now Support become way more significant because everyone will run out of ammo and Recon gain a lot of attention by being the lone to be able to spot enemies through binoculars.

But I also think that dropped ammo patch should give 1 mag and not 12 bullets.

I didn't found these bugs, when a crate was destroyed i always could repaire including C ammo and if i remember correctly there was both ammo and health crate on Norvik E point, health next to the 2 houses and ammo more close to the german spawn next to the small hut.

I'm not sure of it, but I don't remember beeing approvisionned in gadgets and grenades by support soldier's big ammo box, kind of a shame, what's the point of theses boxes if they're doing same thing than patches ???

Bipods

I played support untill level 12 during the beta and I'm not agree with this point. At least bipods where ok with Bren and FG42, but i remember beeing frustrated at the beeing while using KE7. I don't know if it was me, my connection or a real problem with KE7 bipod.

Anyway bipods gave me real utility for covering my squad, more precision, less recoil as expected from a bipod so it sounds good to me.

Match start

In fact, correct me if I'm wrong but the map is loading when we see the debrief of the last match right ? I spended a lot of time (2-3mins) to see the debrief after each game and when i entered the next one, i saw my teammates already took the first point.

BUT i tried twice to skip the debrief and I finally entered the game and saw a 30 secs countdown before spawning. So maybe it's the loading time of the next map which is really fast and gave us the time to see the debrief and spawn. Perhaps for once in the video games industry we should put a longer countdown 60 sec ?

Attrition

Attrition is good but need more rework. Like I said, when you upgrade extended mag on M1 Carbine, you don't have any extra magazine. You simply have 30 bullets and that it. I mean I upgraded that gun to have more bullets, not less lol.

Suomi also waste bullets like crazy, 2 mags are not enough or 0 if you upgrade to extended mag.

Also ammo you pick up from dead soldiers need to be improved. You get like 10 bullets only lol

There is on E but I never saw one, probably because they were destroyed and can't be rebuild. On C I did rebuild one, but only when it was half damaged, when it is completly destroyed then you can't. This need to change as it puts germans on huge disadvantage.

Bipods

Bipods are good on some guns but on KE7 it's buggy and you soldier would try to extended bipods even when not close to any object or cover.

Match start
    Idk, each time I enter match there is like 5 people already taking all tanks and taking first flag.

And more things I think could fit game well.

Upgrades

To add some thing to my top text. It would be nice if we could see what kind of upgardes our killer have on his gun, like in kill cam, right under which gun killed you.

Or even maybe upgrades change look of you gun, faster bullet make your barrel little bit longer or something like this.
  • Fw-JPhysics
    325 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kuky_HR wrote: »

I think 4 man squad is here for balancing reasons. If you noticed it is kind of balanced at the moment because every match in beta, at least my beta, ended with 20-50 tickets difference.

The balance you have experienced is due to reverting back to the old tick system which increases the likelihood of closer matches and comebacks. The 4-man system is utilised simply because 32 is dividedable by 4 according to the Franchise Design Director, but it doesn't balance the game. By the time you take into consideration lone wolf players and locked squads, it renders the arguement for it redundant. There are plenty of groups of players to justify 5 or 6 man squads, there is no harm in doing it.
  • Old_Machines
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dude, we wrote almost the same feedback, you just added screenshots. :smiley:

It's strange how a lot of people finding this beta fun because of how good the gunplay feels, but all of it is damaged by some other strange frustrating decisions regarding UX/UI, balancing some gameplay stuff etc.

Great post btw :smile:
  • EA_Cian
    432 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator
    I've merged the threads from @Kuky_HR together, carry on.