BFV has way too much aim assist

TSARGA
31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I've been playing the Beta for at least twenty hours now and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by the game's gunplay. However, as the title of this discussion suggests, I believe there's too much aim assist.

It was apparent in the first round I joined, the game felt like it wasn't trying to challenge my aiming skills - it was holding my hand. I had no satisfaction from successfully hitting targets which made the gunplay painfully mundane. Now I could disable aim assist, the problem was that disabling aim assist puts me (and consequently my team) at disadvantage since everybody's using it.

So I played the game with both slowdown and auto rotation on. And now, after twenty hours of playtime, I have the unsatisfactory feeling that I didn't improve, because the game was aiming for me all the time. It's pretty bad to have this feeling, especially in an FPS game - a game in which improving aiming skills should be part of what drives player progression and what separates the good players from the average ones. Obviously, aiming and recoil are perfectly manageable without aim assist, but people are "forced" to use aim assist because the enemy also uses it.

I know that aim assist is all about making the game more accessible to the casual crowd, but its side effect is hurting the overall gameplay quality and shortening the game's life because of a much smaller skill gap. Less aim assist would give the player more field to improve upon, which can only increase the longevity of Battlefield V.

This is why I believe aim assist needs to be toned down by a lot.

Best regards,

Simon

Comments

• HoboFraggins
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 10
    The only way to improve your aim is to have autorotation off. You can’t imorove your aim if you’re assisted in it. No matter the level aim assist.
  • NoamChomskyRules
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just remove the auto rotation out the gam, make it an even playing field. ,
  • BS_Hokke1975
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yeah that is pretty annoying. I had two enemies running to A and I fired opon the first one and my crosshair was jumping back and forth between those 2 enemies. :smiley: every time I start up the beta I want to disable the autoaim, but always forget untill I'm ingame.
  • Imabaka70
    2054 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Last i heard in the retail game auto rotation Was being removed. Slowdown was staying but gonna be different.

The beta still has it all in this build.
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

Last i heard in the retail game auto rotation Was being removed. Slowdown was staying but gonna be different.

The beta still has it all in this build.

Slowdown is terrible bad. While adsing snaps your zoomed weapon to the probable position of th enemy. Is at least at the same level of noobiness like in failone
  • TSARGA
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only way to improve your aim is to have autorotation off. You can’t imorove your aim if you’re assisted in it. No matter the level aim assist.

Auto rotation gives an advantage overall because it makes following moving targets easier.
  • TSARGA

That might be a good idea. Making auto rotation [off] and slowdown [on] default.

Slowdown also needs to be nerfed tho.
  • Delta245
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All aim assist in this game is ridiculous and needs to be removed.
  • TSARGA
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

Where did you hear that?
  • Autorotor
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I only use slowdown since auto rotation makes it really tricky to land headshots, snaps on to wrong targets and is annoying in general. The slow down is to strong imo though.

Keep in mind that ADS sensitivity is bugged atm and makes it even worse. I set mine to 170% and it feels much better. Couldn't track a target before I raised it up to that percentage.

Removing auto rotation would be a huge step in the right direction and implement a much needed skill gap. To many bad players abusing ADS spam using shotguns etc.

• TSARGA
    Slowdown is terrible bad. While adsing snaps your zoomed weapon to the probable position of th enemy. Is at least at the same level of noobiness like in failone

Both auto rotation and slowdown should be toned down then.
  • TSARGA
    Delta245 wrote: »
    All aim assist in this game is ridiculous and needs to be removed.

Yes, that could work. R6S has no aim assist and not only it is playable, it's also pretty popular.
  • TSARGA
    edited September 11
    Autorotor wrote: »
    The slow down is to strong imo though.

Removing auto rotation would be a huge step in the right direction and implement a much needed skill gap. To many bad players abusing ADS spam using shotguns etc.

ADS spam is a huge problem indeed.
  • Delta245
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My first online game was socom 2 (old school) there was no aim assist you had to learn how to hit targets with just muscle memory. Since then I just feel like it’s wrong or a little like cheating using anything that assists you I never use it. But that’s just me I guess. Have to admit though since the new ttk in bf1 had to turn on at least slow down to stay with in competing levels against the autorotation and other assists.
  • Autorotor
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My first online game was socom 2 (old school) there was no aim assist you had to learn how to hit targets with just muscle memory. Since then I just feel like it’s wrong or a little like cheating using anything that assists you I never use it. But that’s just me I guess. Have to admit though since the new ttk in bf1 had to turn on at least slow down to stay with in competing levels against the autorotation and other assists.

Totaly agree with you brother!

I'm a competitive person myself and that's why i love gaming. Always striving for that perfect game without that cheesy aim assist backing me up. But going up against noobs that abuse ads spam with a shotgun that has the range of a assault rifle and kills u in one hit can be pretty damn frustrating to say the least lol.

I settled down using slow down only on bf1 which is my first fps on console. I have played bf since 1942 on PC though so I know my way around the battlefield.

My honest opinion is that auto rotation really needs to go cause it makes the overall experience worse for everyone and those who suck at aiming will never progress or learn the true mechanics of the game.

Peace.

• b0sk1
    152 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TSARGA wrote: »
    Autorotor wrote: »
    The slow down is to strong imo though.

ADS spam is a huge problem indeed.

Looks like that video was made before the AA changes/nerf were put in place. Its in a better place now.

• TSARGA

Yep, it's technically cheating, but "nobody cheats when everybody cheats" until you want to play without aim assist - that's when you get destroyed.
  • TSARGA
    b0sk1 wrote: »
    Looks like that video was made before the AA changes/nerf were put in place. Its in a better place now.

Yes, but the nerf didn't really fix the issue.
  • faponit
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Auto rotation will not be present in retail game

• Autorotor
    faponit wrote: »
    Auto rotation will not be present in retail game

That would be awesome. Scrubs around the world will scream in agony lol.