so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    Mystriall wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    BFV seems like a waste of resources and a missed opportunity/disappointment for Battlefield fans since we don't know when, or if, they will ever make a proper WWII BF game again but in the way a lot of BFers would've imagined it.

Plus, the strategic design principle of BFV, we were told, was to unite the 'community'. Well, they definitely haven't done that.

If the price came down very considerably and if the game became less of a cheesy console hybrid, then maybe there's a small chance that as a BF fanatic I may find a few shekels for it.

Just ditch the old wars already. BF4 is one of the best shooters ever made. BF needs to come back to modern times or even a slight jump to the future.

Yet in terms of sales it hasn't done as well as BF3 and BF1.

:lol: how we laughed when he said one of the greatest shooters ever made :lol:

dude
    bf4 is da best
    lmao
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    Weird how no one's really talking about how EA's probably conning us with the promise of free DLC.
  • SirTerrible
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    Weird how no one's really talking about how EA's probably conning us with the promise of free DLC.

Describe this conspiracy theory in excruciating detail please.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Describe this conspiracy theory in excruciating detail please.

Good luck with that :)
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've decided I'm going to get it. Nothing else seems to take my fancy.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BFV seems like a waste of resources and a missed opportunity/disappointment for Battlefield fans since we don't know when, or if, they will ever make a proper WWII BF game again but in the way a lot of BFers would've imagined it.

Plus, the strategic design principle of BFV, we were told, was to unite the 'community'. Well, they definitely haven't done that.

If the price came down very considerably and if the game became less of a cheesy console hybrid, then maybe there's a small chance that as a BF fanatic I may find a few shekels for it.

Just ditch the old wars already. BF4 is one of the best shooters ever made. BF needs to come back to modern times or even a slight jump to the future.

It 100% is one of the best ever. Certainly the launch was bad but once the game got fixed it was amazing. The last couple BFs pale in comparison and I'm not sold on BF5 living up to it either
  • ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

It 100% is one of the best ever. Certainly the launch was bad but once the game got fixed it was amazing. The last couple BFs pale in comparison and I'm not sold on BF5 living up to it either

I still dislike the vehicles in BF4 the vehicle damage is excruciating you can almost knockout an air vehicle with a hand gun it's that bad. At least with Battlefield 3 in a helicopter you can stay alive after two missiles hit it if you deflect them good enough. Not in BF4, if BF4 were a real scenario simulator the budget for vehicle replacement would send the countries broke after one hour of fighting

Battlefield 5 needs bots to seed empty servers, they probably have time to add this to the build too. The bots don't need to be there to have enough players to start a scoring round they need to be there to fill the right amount of seats so the server looks like it's READY for Battle to encourage players to join. I would join a server with 12/64 players before I would join a server with 3/64 players because I know it's more likely to begin a round. See at end of rounds when players leave and the server seats reduce to nothing, if bots filled empty seats the majority of players would stick around on the server. They don't need to be bots to obliterate the players waiting to play but good enough to make the empty server an active thing worth sitting on. And as a player joins to fill the required amount of slots a bot can leave and when all the bots are gone there would be enough players to begin a scoring round.

haven't seen enough BF5 vehicles to say I dislike them and the game play seemed ok

BFV will unite the community only if every server available is suited to every player having the same maps in their games library for that game. BF3 Premium was the poison that killed the community, Battlelog brought it together after Bad Company 2 but Premium split it up in more ways than one because as each DLC was released the community thinned out. Now BF1, BF4, BFH and BF5 have virtually all walked away from Battlelog Community, you can still communicate here with friends for the games but it's not as easy as it could have been starting from BF3 Vanilla where you could join a friend or squad now we are all sitting in a lobby on the games screen but the connectivity with the community as basically already gone.

This new way of starting a BF4 game away from Battlelog hasn't made BFH any more popular with it being there too you go to the server browser and can still see a ton of empty servers. I think all these titles are all heading towards Emptyfield. Even this forum has abandoned Battlelog which was supposed to bring the community together it's now on the battlefield domain.

Battlelog needs an overhaul to include BF1 and BF5 the same way it includes BF3, BF4 and BFH. Look at Medal of Honor War Fighter, failed but it didn't need to fail it was thrown up there to look like that banner where you move from game to game was going to mean something but then click on Battlefield 1 up there and it abandons Battlelog and goes to the Battlefield domain for some other way to communicate via a Battlefield Web Companion that just shows your friend list and your game stats for BF1 and BF4 nothing community related really.

• B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ScoobyDDoo wrote: »

I still dislike the vehicles in BF4 the vehicle damage is excruciating you can almost knockout an air vehicle with a hand gun it's that bad. At least with Battlefield 3 in a helicopter you can stay alive after two missiles hit it if you deflect them good enough. Not in BF4, if BF4 were a real scenario simulator the budget for vehicle replacement would send the countries broke after one hour of fighting

The attack chopper and little bird were monsters in BF4 if you flew them right.

The tank play was the best the series has seen since I started with BC1. Cant speak to the older games.

The vehicles in BF4 were awesome. Even the dirt bikes were fun as all hell. Cant wait for the next modern one so I can finally have my beloved LAV back.
  • ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The tank play was the best the series has seen since I started with BC1. Cant speak to the older games.

The vehicles in BF4 were awesome. Even the dirt bikes were fun as all hell. Cant wait for the next modern one so I can finally have my beloved LAV back.

comparing the Viper on BF3 and BF4 you can fly it in more ways on BF4 but it cannot take a hit like the Viper in BF3

The tanks in BF3 can sustain more damage too. In BF4 they can be destroyed much easier
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

This. I was hoping tanking in bfv would be more like bf4 again,not awful slow like in bf1...i was wrong.
    Air combat was also great,if you were good and played smart you could dominate,if you were bad you got shot down in seconds. There were too many lockon weapons and the constant beeping was quite annoying though. Now lockons are gone but its still much worse. Really just sad.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

comparing the Viper on BF3 and BF4 you can fly it in more ways on BF4 but it cannot take a hit like the Viper in BF3

The tanks in BF3 can sustain more damage too. In BF4 they can be destroyed much easier

The chopper in bf4 wasnt even disabled after a stinger hit,the bf3 helis were.
    Tanks in bf3 were down after 2 rpgs to the back,just like in bf4. Bf3 you had reactive armour,bf4 active protection. Not really a big difference.
  • ThievenBalance
    must be a technique or good timing thing, i've been in BF4 chopper and died on first hit with a stinger, been on BF3 and able to escape after two stinger hits long enough to repair. I will concede anyway not really a big difference but they are indeed different lol
  • Callahan44er
    must be a technique or good timing thing, i've been in BF4 chopper and died on first hit with a stinger, been on BF3 and able to escape after two stinger hits long enough to repair. I will concede anyway not really a big difference but they are indeed different lol

After 2 stinger hits in bf3 you were dead. In bf4 as well,but you werent disabled after 1 hit. The only lockon that could kill you with 1 hit(without soflam) was the hvm,a battlepickup.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

In your opinion.

I find it boring, certainly not better than 3 or 1 imo.
  • GRIZZ11283

How does one get conned with free DLC?

Its free, the amount is completely irrelevant, even if they gave 1 map over it's lifecycle, it was given free, not sure how anybody is being conned, it's not like anybody paid for it.

With no premium, I personally expected next to nothing in terms of DLC, which I have said to the premium naysayers.
  • StormSaxon
    487 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hands down the worst BF they’ve made.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I have something to say, after i played BFV BETA, i don't want to play BF1 anymore. Is that ancwer your question? Only one thing, i'll wait the system requirements,if i can run BFV i WILL buy it!
    Post edited by UsainskiSemperFi on