so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• SilkWildey
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    suffice_ls wrote: »
    I'm just being sarcastic with my previous post, but in all seriousness, BFV is built on what honestly seems like an extra sensitive, watered-down, child-friendly reimagining of a World War 2 portrayal.

I haven't had chance to play the game yet but this is just a problem running through all society at the moment.

As long as I don't feel like they're trying to push their views on me then I will still grab the game.

I wish I had just played the beta now... it's not grabbing my attention from just gameplay videos like BF1 did.
  • JamieCurnock
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    SilkWildey wrote: »
    I'm just being sarcastic with my previous post, but in all seriousness, BFV is built on what honestly seems like an extra sensitive, watered-down, child-friendly reimagining of a World War 2 portrayal.

I haven't had chance to play the game yet but this is just a problem running through all society at the moment.

As long as I don't feel like they're trying to push their views on me then I will still grab the game.

I wish I had just played the beta now... it's not grabbing my attention from just gameplay videos like BF1 did.

Quite honestly they can push their views on me all they like, I can just choose to ignore them just the same as i do with advertising on TV. If they had a massive banner on the title screen telling me that racists are great people I would still buy the game and ignore the message.

I just don't get why people are so bothered. Just ignore it if you feel it's too 'lefty' or whatever buzzword people want to throw at it.
  • JamieCurnock
    470 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Quite honestly they can push their views on me all they like, I can just choose to ignore them just the same as i do with advertising on TV. If they had a massive banner on the title screen telling me that racists are great people I would still buy the game and ignore the message.

I just don't get why people are so bothered. Just ignore it if you feel it's too 'lefty' or whatever buzzword people want to throw at it.

• MotchiMoose
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have pre-ordered, I've liked most of the BF games, getting a decent amount of time out of them. Got to play the Alpha and Beta this time, yes it has bugs and some mechanics need work but that's what the tests were for. It was a lot of fun, which tbh was only ruined by lack of any kind of squad play which is normal for pugs. I'm really looking forward to their spin on BR, although I'm not too keen on the idea of squads only, more random player hell if you cant fill your group with friends.
    The only thing that worries me about this game is the release timing. It's always been BF vs Cod, this time 'a lot' of attention is already in Cod's direction because of Blackout. This is a massively popular game mode, maybe not with local, but it's where the bulk of players will go. With BFV releasing now in November it will give Cod a chance to get a serious grasp of the playerbase.
    I hope and expect both games will be a lot of fun and thrive, because at the moment the FPS scene is dire, it seems everyone is waiting for the AAA's now.
  • StormSaxon
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Like every WW2 video game?
  • solarriors
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nyaasensei wrote: »
    Yes, have always bought and will always buy Battlefield games.

So basically they could put out a re-skin of "Angry Birds" or "Candy Crush" and as long as they called it "Battlefield", you would buy it. Good to know.

That's a stupid comparison, that's pretty much as long you can come from "Battlefield". I always buy Battlefield games whether its modern or ww2 genre. I don't care about women being in nor do I care about history accurateness.

If I assume you say that beacause you're a female, would I be right ?
  • JamieCurnock
    solarriors wrote: »
    Yes, have always bought and will always buy Battlefield games.

So basically they could put out a re-skin of "Angry Birds" or "Candy Crush" and as long as they called it "Battlefield", you would buy it. Good to know.

That's a stupid comparison, that's pretty much as long you can come from "Battlefield". I always buy Battlefield games whether its modern or ww2 genre. I don't care about women being in nor do I care about history accurateness.

If I assume you say that beacause you're a female, would I be right ?

Pff, what an assumption. Who cares if that person is female or not? What difference does it make to their comment? Absolutely none is the answer.

Im not female yet I also couldn't care less whether women are in it or if it's historically accurate. Im more concerned about gameplay as thats the thing that, um, affects gameplay.
  • Carbonic
    1024 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    What gender people are is not relevant to this discussion in any way. Going further down that rabbit hole can result in forum bans, please read the forum rules if any are in doubt.
    If people want to see if certain opinions are more prevalent with a specific gender feel free to do so somewhere else.

As for the original posters question, yes I have Battlefield V preordered.
  • JamieCurnock
    olT3lo wrote: »

Some people like to take stands against things they don't like or don't believe in. Sorry you don't understand why people can be bothered when politics are thrust into your face in what most people consider entertainment and an escape from current real world issues.

No need to be sorry. 😉

I do understand really but I guess I just don't see why people can't rise above that and ignore it so they can play a franchise they may enjoy.

Incidently, what political message do you feel they are thrusting in your face with the inclusion of playable female characters?
  • sevee11
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello everyone,

A little off topic question because i didn't find any other place to ask this.
    I'm planning on buying this new Battlefield since i have enjoyed every Battlefield game before. But one thing i'm wondering about, is system requirements. How much more does it take from your computer than Battlefield 1? I guess you people who have played the beta version
    of the game can help me on this question.

Thank you.
  • paka90
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am sticking with my pre order......I played 400 hours on BF1 and although beautiful to look at I never really liked the weapon mechanics in game but had my monies worth of play.
    Given chance I think BFv will be a good FP Shooter.....DICE will come through hopefully....They have before.
    If the release game works the rest of the clan will probably buy it.....If not .....We have plenty of other games we follow.....Insurgency Sandstorm is being played in beta and its a fun clan game....Co op is a hoot.
    Not a fan of the direction Dice seems to be going game wise but I shall adapt.....Things move on.
    See you on the Battlefield.

• WALKINGCORPSE1
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Carbonic wrote: »
    What gender people are is not relevant to this discussion in any way. Going further down that rabbit hole can result in forum bans, please read the forum rules if any are in doubt.
    If people want to see if certain opinions are more prevalent with a specific gender feel free to do so somewhere else.

As for the original posters question, yes I have Battlefield V preordered.

thanks for keeping things in control bud.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I don't think it's just the inclusion of playable female characters. I think it's also the cover art, the advertising, the splash screens, and just the overly abundant representation of female soldiers in a war where there were very few actual female soldiers. It gives the appearance that they're pushing a politcal agenda or at the very least trolling those who don't like it.
    They absolutely are.

Regardless, it has very little if any impact on why or why I will not buy this game.

• GrizzGolf
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am and I'm wondering if today is the day I preorder BO4 as well.
  • cthulhuyig
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, i didnt like BF1 very much & i didnt like the BFV Beta either.

Add to that all the drama going around & its sure: nope, not even for 10$.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Some people like to take stands against things they don't like or don't believe in. Sorry you don't understand why people can be bothered when politics are thrust into your face in what most people consider entertainment and an escape from current real world issues.

Incidently, what political message do you feel they are thrusting in your face with the inclusion of playable female characters?

I don't think it's just the inclusion of playable female characters. I think it's also the cover art, the advertising, the splash screens, and just the overly abundant representation of female soldiers in a war where there were very few actual female soldiers. It gives the appearance that they're pushing a politcal agenda or at the very least trolling those who don't like it.

But as I've personally said before, while I really don't like all that, it's not really a factor in whether or not I purchase the game personally. I care more about the gameplay and balancing. Others clearly consider it a bigger factor for themselves.

I thought that only "agenda" in business is creating a profit and not achieving political "compassion points".
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I loved BC2, BF3, BF4, I have probably put 3000-4000 hours in the BF games..
    I didn't like BF1 or BFV beta, but I sure am buying it anyway... I mean, I use much more on a "movie" night out with my GF, and that dosn't even guarantee me an "happy ending" to the evening :D 40-60 USD for BFV will be worth it for sure!
  • Sixclicks
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But as I've personally said before, while I really don't like all that, it's not really a factor in whether or not I purchase the game personally. I care more about the gameplay and balancing. Others clearly consider it a bigger factor for themselves.

I thought that only "agenda" in business is creating a profit and not achieving political "compassion points".

Then it wasn't the greatest of business choices because it's ostracized a good number of players who were wanting a more authentic WW2 setting. I think it has lost them more potential buyers who are against the decision than it has gained them. I still think the game will ultimately be successful, but I think it would have done even better without the whole women in WW2 "scandal."