so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• Radious1987
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is nothing better anyway. New Cod? Joking? If you honestly prefer CoD over BF then this game was never meant to be for you anyway.

Getting the game for sure. I enjoyed last 5 bf games and beta was good aswell.

But not buying BF5, instead i bought origin access premier for 1 year which gives me access to BF5 deluxe (from already 09.11.2018) plus other 150 full games.
  • EA_Cian
    822 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Let's quit it with the politics. It's against the forum rules and I've removed two of the most recent posts relating to it.
  • brokkenwingz
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Didn't find the BFV beta fun at all so nope
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Let's quit it with the politics. It's against the forum rules and I've removed two of the most recent posts relating to it.

thanks for keeping everybody in line.
  • spidey2_the
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game is essentially 1/2 price since DLC map packs are free! I was hoping for Bad Company title but this is still the best FPS available..so yeah definitely buying.
  • Teh_Next
    1860 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    EA_Cian wrote: »

thanks for keeping everybody in line.

Don't know if I've even replied to this thread but just incase....no.

It's not politics it's my opinion that it's went way to far with the mad inclusions.
  • Noromiz
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So should we get back to topic?

I think I might buy the game even though I won't get any pre-order bonus if I do not buy it at Origin (or so it seems where I looked), but the steep price for games make me a bit weary of buying to soon. €64 for the basic edition is a bit over my paygrade, even if we get all DLCs for free, and €84 for the Deluxe Edition is way out there on the "you can't have this" shelf. Though to be fair, most places are cheaper than Origin, so I will just have to live without the pre-order stuff.

I might wait until a week after launch before buying it, so they have a bit of time to start fixing the launch issues that all games have :D
  • Rufusw5
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm think I'm out with this one. It looks good and I was one of the apparent few who thought the Beta was good as far as betas go.

Its hard to say why, I just don't fancy it.

I liked the beta but it felt more serious than fun. After a couple of hours playing it I was thinking, yeah this seems good! But I'm bored now.

I'll see where the mood takes me when it launches.

• phoenix1368
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    i bought the game, but cancelled my pre-order from ps store, I have to wait and see how dice change the spotting and attrition

Oooohh Jesus, so you want 3D spotting? U mad bro? If you want unrealistic bullcrap poppping on your screen every 2 seconds go play BF1 or Battlefront!

I did not say that I wanna 3d-spoting, I can tell that stuff is crazy, but the point is I sign for a shoot out, not hide and seek.
    Dice made some nice improvement, I am more confident now.
    ps, I never played bf1. BF4 only

Edited for swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Noromiz
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Actually, I might just use €16 and buy Origin Premium for a month, play a lot in that one month, and then shelf the game until it goes on a 50% sale or something next year :/

Though in the end it might just make it just as costly, so I will probably just wait until just after launch to see what happens (no pre-order bonus unless you buy the game through Origin it seems).
  • Seabees4Life
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am super excited. Going to buy a PS4 Pro just so I can play Red Dead Redemption 2 and wait for BF:V to just flop around on the floor like a dying fish.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am super excited. Going to buy a PS4 Pro just so I can play Red Dead Redemption 2 and wait for BF:V to just flop around on the floor like a dying fish.

good luck with that :)
  • Seabees4Life
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mystriall wrote: »

good luck with that :)

I don't need luck. I was a Battlefield player when you were still a glint in your daddy's eye. It will be considered a failure when compared to all other BF's. This game lost the crown to COD.
  • Autorotor
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I definitely not going to pre order. I'm going to wait and see what it turns out to be. First dlc will decide.
  • StormSaxon
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Actually it seems like the COD types are the ones thretening to leave?
    So maybe the game will actually be better..
  • yeyovele
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i preorder the 1st day, no doubt it´s battlefield, every game need patch, but... HYPE and play new game is better than bugs..
  • warslag
    1176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wasn't going to get BFV but I have a friend who plays FIA 19 so getting Access Premier might make sense. That way I could play both BFV and FIFA 19 and still maybe get BLOPS 4.

The sad thing is though that I don't honestly rate these games particularly highly and they are full of micro-transactions. So the value for money isn't really there, but then there aren't many other options on PC either.

Battlefield and FIFA are close remakes of previous iterations if not technically 'reskins'. Knowing this makes it difficult to pay full-price for them. It wasn't too long ago when each new game felt like a step forward.

It doesn't matter how much I protest, though, I don't think I will get the sort of Battlefield in the same vein as BF2 or BF3, which is what I really want. I want a Battlefield without the compromises.

Games and PC hardware cost so much, and EA is very skillful at getting people to pay full-price for a 'new' FIFA each year or a new Battlefield every 2 years, so I think I/we should be able to expect, and demand, a lot more.

That's my train of thought at the moment.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hmm, I'm getting both and expect to enjoy both. Likely be playing both for the next two years in between some other games.

As for flopping like a dead fish, wishful thinking on your part. 😁
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how much I protest, though, I don't think I will get the sort of Battlefield in the same vein as BF2 or BF3, which is what I really want. I want a Battlefield without the compromises.

BF2 and BF3 were so different, you'd honestly wonder how they're both in the same franchise. BF3 did away with a lot of what BF2 did, such as having vehicles have unlimited ammo but be much easier to kill, cutting the class count by half, soldiers had unlimited sprint and moved much faster, there were more lockon weapons than ever before, no faction locks on weapons, much smaller maps with more clustered objectives, and so on, and so forth. Their general themes were somewhat similar, but in terms of gameplay, they were worlds apart. BF2 had way more factions as well, which also worked against it when one faction would be stronger than the other in certain maps.

It's like saying that NFS 2015 is the true successor to Underground 2, and that it is the all-fabled Underground 3 that fans have wanted for a while. However, as a long-time NFS fan, if anyone said this to me, I would have to try my hardest to hold back my desire to literally start ranting about the current state of the NFS franchise. Just because both have a night-time-only street racing theme to them, doesn't mean that they are remotely close in terms of gameplay features and mechanics. Underground 2 allows so much more control over your driving experience, has a story that doesn't make you go "What the bloody hell just happened?!" every five minutes, has much more consistent customisation (even if NFS 2015 has more customisation for certain cars, and with more 'realistic' options rather than the generic ones in UG2), and even though UG2 doesn't have any police, I can safely say that even a toddler on a tricycle can escape from the cops in NFS 2015. You'd think it's some sort of crappy Ridge Racer/Burnout clone with officially licensed cars and a car culture theme haphazardly slapped on ... and yet, NFS 2015 is an 'NFS' game ... somehow ...