so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• Trokey66
    8175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    StormSaxon wrote: »

So very like BF1.

Was there Skull face paint in BF1?
    Were there Asian Female British snipers in BF1?
    Were there soldiers with clothing combinations from at least 3 different armies/classes/roles in BF1?

Please give an example and I will give it a try tonight ...

No, but you could use a gold plated Hellriegel and ride on a gold plated German tank as a Brit whilst getting bombed by a red Russian bomber.
  • NLBartmaN
    3049 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

No, but you could use a gold plated Hellriegel and ride on a gold plated German tank as a Brit whilst getting bombed by a red Russian bomber.

A weapon is not even close to visible compared to a full character customization ..
    And on average 4 to 6 vehicles at a game with 64 players.

The planes are far away, so you can barely see the plane ... customization will be visible from up close during the long revive animation and end of round screen ..

Yeah there is a big difference ...
  • Trokey66
    8175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

A weapon is not even close to visible compared to a full character customization ..

The planes are far away, so you can barely see the plane ... customization will be visible from up close during the long revive animation and end of round screen ..

So an Asian female British sniper will be no problem as they'll be miles away.
  • NLBartmaN

Not if she squad revives me .. or is in my end of round screen ...
  • Trokey66

Not if she squad revives me .. or is in my end of round screen ...

The Brit with his gold Hellriegel on the gold A7V has just jumped of and killed me whilst I tried to Limpet it and I know the Russian bomber was red because I jumped out of it 2 minutes a go.

And I saw every detail in full techicolour.....

Ahhh the end of round screen where 5 individuals can look identical!
  • Turban_Legend80
    4465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

You’re not thinking of the other snipers nearby who may not want to see that.
  • Trokey66

You’re not thinking of the other snipers nearby who may not want to see that.

Damn.......
  • StormSaxon
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018

So very like BF1.

Was there Skull face paint in BF1?
    Were there Asian Female British snipers in BF1?
    Were there soldiers with clothing combinations from at least 3 different armies/classes/roles in BF1?

Please give an example and I will give it a try tonight ...

As I understand in the full game you can choose what your avatar looks like. So if Asian females freak you out you can change them to a blue eyed Anglo Saxon male. And most of us will. Though I guarantee that due to the amount of beeling by over sensitive, triggered, children means that some people will be trolling them by taking black German or Chinese women soldiers.

Now there was NO Chinese British female snipers that I KNOW of. But there were no black German ones in WW1. There was also no Chinese vs American battle in Shang Hai but you still played BF1 and BF4.
    There were however BRITISH women and European women in British service in combat though not as members of the army but as spies and resistance fighters.

Now as to your list of inaccuracies.
    No but there were fictional Turkish uniforms.
    No but there were Russian ones.
    No but there were armoured super soldiers wearing armor REJECTED as impractical.

Tell me in WW1 how many tanks were destroyed by lone cavalry men. (Hint in WW1 after 1914 cavalry dismounted to fight, with the exception being Mesopotamia, and mounted cavalry actions suffered high casualties. Horses died more than men)
    In WW1 how famous were mega horses
    that are tougher than tanks and people?
    (Hint.. 0)
    In WW1 how many black German infantry were there?
    (Hint the same as British Chinese females)
    In WW1 how many Indians served in mixed platoons with white British soldiers?
    (Hint about as often as Chinese women)
    In which wW1 battle was the smg MORE common than a bolt action rifle?
    (Hint ... the same as the number of battles Britain fought using Chinese women in WW2)
  • StormSaxon
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Quoted myself by mistake.

• DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    list

At least half of your examples are GAMEPLAY features, like a horse being able to destroy a tank.
    Gameplay "inaccuracies" are necessary for the game to be fun, challenging and exciting and I and other people that dislikes the customizations have no/less problem with those.

Again: I have less problem with uniforms not totally matching reality if they at least have the same uniform and look like 1 army/unit.
    The combinations and totally random group of soldiers is what looks bad and takes away WW2 feel.

I have more issues with a horse that can magically take an entire clip of bullet rounds and keep on trucking like nothing happened than I do with a female sniper skin....PS: DICE have already said they toned down the customization options to make them more authentic. And every video I've seen lately has had realistic looking uniforms.
  • NLBartmaN
    DICE have already said they toned down the customization options to make them more authentic. And every video I've seen lately has had realistic looking uniforms.

I do agree with that what is shown after everything went wrong after the reveal trailer is indeed toned down.

BUT the problem is: combining gear from different countries/classes/weather within 1 soldier/team also looks totally wacky .. even if the things they/you are combining on its own are more realistic...

I mean running around on the front of a battle in policeman/pilot gear combined with sniper gear still looks wacky ..

So even though most things you see in the clips/screenshot were used in WW2 it still has no WW2 feeling ...
  • SirBobdk
    3930 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @NLBartmaN wrote
    So even though most things you see in the clips/screenshot were used in WW2 it still has no WW2 feeling ...
    True. The combination of authentic things makes it weird.
  • JamieCurnock
    550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @NLBartmaN wrote

Wait, what? I'm confused, are we meant to dislike authentic things now?

I can't keep up
  • SirBobdk
    3930 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    @NLBartmaN wrote

Wait, what? I'm confused, are we meant to dislike authentic things now?
    yes when you put pilot gear on an infantry man it becomes weird.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9j5yty/bfv_20_screenshots_of_classes_combat_roles/
    There were not many who looked like this in ww2.
  • JamieCurnock
    550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Are you referring to the pilot style goggles?
  • SirBobdk
    edited October 2018
    Are you referring to the pilot style goggles?
    Just as an exampel, but the uniforms in the link are very different from the pitcture most have of ww2 uniforms imo.