so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Of course pre ordering the digital deluxe edition along with origin access to play Nov 9th.

You kinda fell for exactly what underhanded EA was hoping for, so therefore they'll continue to do garbage like this having different release dates when it should have just been released for everyone on the 9th.

No no no, everyone is the same, inclusive, insert virtue signal flavor of the month and then of course pay more of you want to be more samey than the rabble.
  • warslag
    1311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If there was an imaginary clock which when it struck 12 it meant I would buy the game then after the latest trailer the time is ... 5pm.
  • SergeantGekko
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    German recon in black leather jacket, hmmmm okay
    Might have expected something different and that also applies to the other classes.
    They all look cool, but It's not like I go "waw this is exactly like ww2"
    I can easily ignore it when I play, but would like to have seen something more ordinary and traditional.
    2pkp35gk1no11.png

That guy is going to die pretty quickly seeing the color of the background with the difference in contrast.

We'll Id say hes a tank crew not recon. No need for ghillie suit u know.
  • SirBobdk
    3702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Might have expected something different and that also applies to the other classes.
    I can easily ignore it when I play, but would like to have seen something more ordinary and traditional.
    2pkp35gk1no11.png

That guy is going to die pretty quickly seeing the color of the background with the difference in contrast.

He looks like a tanker, but the screenshot says German recon
    Here's another screenshoot of the recon. Don't look like a recon to me. It just look weird
    cvki1thk1no11.png
  • Biggles1111
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I guess the concept of "customize your appearance to your liking" is still a novelty to you guys...
  • von_Campenstein
    6499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2018
    2pkp35gk1no11.png

Here's another screenshoot of the recon. Don't look like a recon to me. It just look weird
    cvki1thk1no11.png

How much more fitting the steampunk concept would've been in BF1, maybe that's a future DLC to cash in on down the line, re-mastered BF1 with full on goofballization?

As for the specifics of that picture, Scouts/Recons need their vision to do their thing a gasmask doesn't help in that department, that's gear for a more static defense or assaulting fixed positions type soldier.
  • Hawxxeye
    4761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Of course pre ordering the digital deluxe edition along with origin access to play Nov 9th.

You kinda fell for exactly what underhanded EA was hoping for, so therefore they'll continue to do garbage like this having different release dates when it should have just been released for everyone on the 9th.

These release dates where a long known fact and there was enough time for community to organize/ agree on a mass boycot of the premier if they wanted to.
    It did not happen so at this point it is not worth it to wait 11 days more unless one is busy with other things.
  • StormSaxon
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is Dices issue with showing faces?
    Any chance the get to jam on gas masks, face scarves, balaclavas, metal plates....
  • MogwaiWarrior
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is looking better by the day but I'm still going to wait a couple of weeks before I buy it to see what people's opinions are on it and see how it pans out.
  • sevee11
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pre ordered, and happy with that decision. Beta is allways a beta so i trust many things will change in the future. Attrition sounds very good and i hope that will make a change to the gameplay. Not so much camping and makes the squad play together.
  • VincentNZ
    2154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    What is Dices issue with showing faces?
    Any chance the get to jam on gas masks, face scarves, balaclavas, metal plates....

The more stuff you can slap on a character model the more items they can sell. I am actually surprised we have not seen watches, rings and other pieces of jewelry.
  • StormSaxon
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s not just BFV though.
    BF1, BF4 ... any excuse to wrap something around a face.
    Are they shy of drawing mouths or something.
  • Natetendo83
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think I'll wait a few weeks and see if I can find it at a discount or used. The War Stories stuff this week just didn't do anything for me. I would have rather they skipped them entirely (even more so since they are going for the stuff nobody has heard about...or never even happened lol) and focused on a more complete multiplayer component at this point.
  • azelenkin0306
    538 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At launch - no. Will wait and see how this Live Service model will work. Most probably will buy it when the Red Army is introduced
  • SergeantGekko
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    2pkp35gk1no11.png

cvki1thk1no11.png

True that, quess he's bad*** sniper with leather jacket and gas mask fixation
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    2pkp35gk1no11.png

cvki1thk1no11.png

True that, quess he's bad*** sniper with leather jacket and gas mask fixation

Or maybe the guy camping the hill with him keeps farting. :tongue:
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

WW3...

• beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll wait till it's on sale for 20 bucks if I buy it at all. I need a game that comes with support. Too bad dice can't make a game that runs as well as it looks. Bye Felicia