so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    warslag wrote: »
    I've gone off it slightly now that I'm concerned about future 'content'. My doomsday clock for purchasing is back down to 6pm. At 12 midnight I will buy BFV. It's gonna be a long day.

if your doomsday clock has a seconds hand keep an eye out for it fluctuating like morse code that resembles.. give it a miss haha
  • SilkWildey
    1027 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably grab it somewhere down the line but at the moment I'm quite happy with Black ops 4.

Got loads of content and runs great but if things get better on the BF front then I will grab that too.

At the moment just seems like one big mess, none of my friends are buying it and mad negativity around it.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SilkWildey wrote: »
    Probably grab it somewhere down the line but at the moment I'm quite happy with Black ops 4.

Got loads of content and runs great but if things get better on the BF front then I will grab that too.

At the moment just seems like one big mess, none of my friends are buying it and mad negativity around it.

Dont get how can you call BF game a mess and playing another cloned CoD which has nothing interesting in it. Tiny mp arena maps, 6vs6 super fast arcade festival, zombies for milionth time and another kiddie version of BR mod.

In what is new cod better? Graphics - no, sounds - no, physics - no, teamwork and squad play - no, gunplay - no, size and scope - no. Would really like to know how would someone adult and mature prefer Blops 4 over any BF game. If you are teen i may understand and my apology then.
  • ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    a deterrent for me is no bots on empty servers to seed servers, this is one reason why I stopped renting servers. Granted they are fun to play on when full but you only need to jump into the Multiplayer Server Browser for any BF game pick your fav map and see plenty of empty servers.

For a long time now I have wanted to get onto Battlefield Hardline servers and play on every map available even if scoring was disabled.... not everyone cares about points but because it's empty or the server location is too far away, BFH is a lost cause. I see this with all the BF games here if they had bots active on empty servers even just enough to make 2 squads one friendly and one enemy it would be a boredom killer. The community is evaporating and with no bots hanging around there's less incentive to seed a server and to see hundreds of empty servers and one or two active servers with long waiting to get on... what's the point.

It's good that BFV is doing it different by not having premium maps separate but I can see it's not going to be good enough.

For other reasons this franchise is a ghost to me.. I'm only sticking around hoping for something positive.
  • SilkWildey
    1027 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Dont get how can you call BF game a mess and playing another cloned CoD which has nothing interesting in it. Tiny mp arena maps, 6vs6 super fast arcade festival, zombies for milionth time and another kiddie version of BR mod.

In what is new cod better? Graphics - no, sounds - no, physics - no, teamwork and squad play - no, gunplay - no, size and scope - no. Would really like to know how would someone adult and mature prefer Blops 4 over any BF game. If you are teen i may understand and my apology then.

BF is a better overall experience because it feels like a war, COD as a shooter is better IMO. Gunplay is better, competitive element is better, less camping, more action, teamwork is there if you play objective based modes and reason a lot of mature people migrate to BF is because their reflexes get slower.

Zombies is there every Treyarch game because a load of people play it, I personally enjoy zombies and always have.

BR I have only played two or three times, it's fun but the multiplayer is on point this year so I have spent most my time on that.

I'm 27 but I don't fanboy over either game, last few times I have had BF because I thought it was better... this year I thought Black ops 4 was better with more value for my money.

• Natetendo83
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Blackout is worth the price of admission alone. It's excellent.

For people like me who haven't played Call of Duty in about 10 years it feels fresh and is a lot of fun. I had no intention of buying Black Ops 4, but the Battlefield 5 mess made me curious. Then all my buddies got it and I said "why not?" and canceled my BFV pre-order and picked up Black Ops 4. Honestly I'm having a lot of fun.
  • VincentNZ
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Blackout is worth the price of admission alone. It's excellent.

For people like me who haven't played Call of Duty in about 10 years it feels fresh and is a lot of fun. I had no intention of buying Black Ops 4, but the Battlefield 5 mess made me curious. Then all my buddies got it and I said "why not?" and canceled my BFV pre-order and picked up Black Ops 4. Honestly I'm having a lot of fun.

Yeah now I would not buy an AAA title just for a mode new to the franchise, but BO4 definitely offers a lot of very good content. When they announced Blacout I immediately also thought that it would work with the franchise as the fast-paced gunplay is something new to the genre. CoD did a lot of things right.
  • warslag
    1414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The great thing about not buying BFV is that there are a lot of games that have reduced in price that are still very good games. And, you don't have to worry about upgrading hardware.

I've been playing For Honor, GTA V (fantastic), Assassin's Creed: Origins, Rainbow Six: Siege (fantastic). There are lots of great games you can pick up pretty inexpensively.
  • ragnarok013
    3065 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    BF4 was practically unplayable for me at launch for a few months. BF3 had issues too, but wasn't as bad. I had zero major issues with BF1's launch.

A lot of people had real issues with BF4 at launch, however I played BF4 on all 5 platforms and personally didn't have any real issues like the poster you responded too, just the communal issues like take down the tower = server crash. There were issues but BF4 was not unplayable for everyone. In BF3 I hardly had any issues as well on all three platforms. One thing that we can say is that since BF4 DICE has had smooth launches from a technology point of view since they've learned their lesson. The things that have people up in arms with DICE games lately are game play and design aspects like SWBF2's lootboxes and progression systems and BF5's customization and game play system changes instead of "I can't play my game because it crashes every 2 seconds" like we had with BF4. That's good progress in my opinion since it comes from a difference in vision between the devs and community instead of a lack of QA.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    BF4 was practically unplayable for me at launch for a few months. BF3 had issues too, but wasn't as bad. I had zero major issues with BF1's launch.

A lot of people had real issues with BF4 at launch, however I played BF4 on all 5 platforms and personally didn't have any real issues like the poster you responded too, just the communal issues like take down the tower = server crash. There were issues but BF4 was not unplayable for everyone. In BF3 I hardly had any issues as well on all three platforms. One thing that we can say is that since BF4 DICE has had smooth launches from a technology point of view since they've learned their lesson. The things that have people up in arms with DICE games lately are game play and design aspects like SWBF2's lootboxes and progression systems and BF5's customization and game play system changes instead of "I can't play my game because it crashes every 2 seconds" like we had with BF4. That's good progress in my opinion since it comes from a difference in vision between the devs and community instead of a lack of QA.

I know not everyone experienced those problems, but I literally could not play the game for the first couple of months after it launched. I'd disconnect from every game 5 minutes after joining or the game would crash. I tried finding a solution for a while, but never really did find one. So I stopped playing altogether. Then the China Rising DLC released and I decided to try playing again. Suddenly everything worked almost flawlessly - same system.

I didn't play BF4 on console. I played BC2 on Xbox 360 and BF3 on both Xbox 360 and PC. The console versions never gave me any trouble. But I've always leaned more towards preferring PC gaming regardless, and Battlefield always did feel like more of a PC game to me since I had started out back in BF2. I haven't bought a COD game for a while, but I'm the exact opposite with it. I always buy COD games on console because it's more of a console game to me.
  • SirBobdk
    4016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I think I will get the access premier for 30 days and try the final game before I deside.
    It seems to be better than BF1, and there are many improvements. It can be a fun game, but I'm just not sure it's enough.
    -
    My main problems are.
    • Planes: Need to be substantially improved from the beta.
    • Rental servers: No info about rental servers. Don't want to play on anonymous official servers.
    • Map design: Another BF1 infantry game on small/medium size maps with few vehicles which I fear it will be.
    • Unlock/upgrade: Might take forever, due to the ridiculous system
    • Assignments: If they have an negative impact on teamplay, PTO and makes people play selfish.
    • Uniforms : If I see to much funny stuff like pilot gear and snipers in biker leather jackets
    • Class: If assualt is going to be the dominant class due to the STG.
    • Friends: I If my clan mates and other friends don't come back. Most have left BF.
  • SirBobdk
    4016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    deleted, wrong thread

• TacoBellsGravy
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Eventually
  • ThievenBalance
    are there any new war games about that have helicopters in them
  • DINGRAWR
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Preordered game long time ago, will stick with the game. Battlefield is just something i like to play. Hope it will be good and fun. Also after this ww2 it's time to we get some modern verision... bf2 or bc2 were long time ago... even bf4...
  • warslag
    1414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    When my doomsday clock of purchasing reaches 12 midnight I will buy BFV. It's rocketed up from 6pm to 10pm.

I've found out that BFV will have 8 maps on release and not the 2 people keep saying. 8 maps are enough and there are more to come so that's great.

The single player trailer and finding about the 8 maps has been good.

I think Reddit and the forums are not necessarily easy ways for every potential Battlefield players to find simple facts about Battlefield. There's a lot of incorrect information.

Why not make a locked sticky post on Reddit and the forums with a fact check like they do on the BBC so people can always get some simple basic facts about BFV for clarity?
  • NLBartmaN
    3193 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When my doomsday clock of purchasing reaches 12 midnight I will buy BFV. It's rocketed up from 6pm to 10pm.

I've found out that BFV will have 8 maps on release and not the 2 people keep saying. 8 maps are enough and there are more to come so that's great.

I think Reddit and the forums are not necessarily easy ways for every potential Battlefield players to find simple facts about Battlefield. There's a lot of incorrect information.

Why not make a locked sticky post on Reddit and the forums with a fact check like they do on the BBC so people can always get some simple basic facts about BFV for clarity?

Isn't the 2 maps about what they have planned for release in the first 5 months of Live Services (DLC)?

I thought that information was pretty clear and everyone understood that... the discussion/complaints about that are always about "poor" content for the Live Services.
  • warslag
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Isn't the 2 maps about what they have planned for release in the first 5 months of Live Services (DLC)?

I thought that information was pretty clear and everyone understood that... the discussion/complaints about that are always about "poor" content for the Live Services.

It's 2 maps on top of 98 map so that's 10 maps. I mean how many maps do you need?

I don't need hundreds of guns either I only use 1 at a time and usually settle on one I like.

If I was worried about anything now it would be:

1) Planes

2) Tanks

3) Cheating

4) How cheesy is BFV is it a proper scrap or what?
  • NLBartmaN
    3193 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It's 2 maps on top of 8 map so that's 10 maps. I mean how many maps do you need?

I don't need hundreds of guns either I only use 1 at a time and usually settle on one I like.

If I was worried about anything now it would be:

1) Planes

2) Tanks

3) Cheating

4) How cheesy is BFV is it a proper scrap or what?

I was not giving my opinion on if I think 10 maps after 5 months after launch is enough, but about that it looks like everyone understands that the 2 maps thing is about the "poor" extra content of the Live Services and not just 2 maps in total.

There is lots to worry about which has influence on the planning on buying BF V including the things you mention.

There was a poll on Reddit (posted on the fan and critical side of the forum) that illustrated that: most people will wait a couple of weeks/months after launch with deciding to buy or not.

That time will make clear if we will have BR, Platoons, RSP and overall server performance, scale of customizations, vehicle play, number of cheaters on PC, etc ...