Weekly BF

FLIR

Comments

  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    PopyBear4 wrote: »
    I paid close attention last night to tanks' loadout that killed me. Seems there's not many playing hardcore that are skilled enough to roll without the thermal optics, fellas all need that crutch I guess. I give folks a pass that maybe don't have keen eye sight anymore.

    How do you feel about the tanks on your team using thermals?
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    PopyBear4 wrote: »
    I paid close attention last night to tanks' loadout that killed me. Seems there's not many playing hardcore that are skilled enough to roll without the thermal optics, fellas all need that crutch I guess. I give folks a pass that maybe don't have keen eye sight anymore.

    How do you feel about the tanks on your team using thermals?

    I don't like it. 100% prefer they don't.
    My son plays BF4 on my Xbox One account now and I told him if I catch him using IR/thermal optics I will give him a temporary ban, on the 1st offense. Made it very clear to him I was serious too.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    PopyBear4 wrote: »
    PopyBear4 wrote: »
    I paid close attention last night to tanks' loadout that killed me. Seems there's not many playing hardcore that are skilled enough to roll without the thermal optics, fellas all need that crutch I guess. I give folks a pass that maybe don't have keen eye sight anymore.

    How do you feel about the tanks on your team using thermals?

    I don't like it. 100% prefer they don't.
    My son plays BF4 on my Xbox One account now and I told him if I catch him using IR/thermal optics I will give him a temporary ban, on the 1st offense. Made it very clear to him I was serious too.

    So you would 100% prefer your tanks to use the other option (zoom optics) which would encourage them (your tanks) to not push the objective and hang back not really helping your team?
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Not at all. No excuse to hang back just because the targets aren't spoon-fed to them since they don't shine like a diamond in a goat's behind.
  • FETCH_usa
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I don't need to get a pass from you, or anybody else just who do you think you are anyway. I won't give you a pass for being ignorant, but will just accept it.
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    That's what I have to do about the thermal optics as well...accept it. It's not going away.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    PopyBear4 wrote: »
    Not at all. No excuse to hang back just because the targets aren't spoon-fed to them since they don't shine like a diamond in a goat's behind.

    I’m just saying that tanks with thermals naturally push up more than tanks without. Tanks pushing objectives are more helpful for your own team, and easier to take out if they are on the enemy team.

    I have never ever felt cheated when I die to a tank using thermals. I know they are in the game and I keep that in mind whilst playing. RPG is my 3rd top weapon and I also have over 200 kills with the repair tool (taking out vehicles with it).

    When I run thermals in a vehicle i use it as a quick toggle to check the direction i’m facing. Driving round in thermals all match is not really viable unless you know the maps perfectly. And any flares/smoke make it useless.
    The only spoon fed targets I come up against are the guys who try to take me out with absolutely no thought but “see tank,shoot,die,complain”.
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I get it. It's part of the game. Tanks/infantry vehicles should not be cake to take out. Be nice as infantry to be able to maneuver to flank them without shining bright on the screen though...make them actually work to spot a guy's movement. Certainly wish mines didn't glow in the dark with thermals.
  • Onirak
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

    I never said that they are OP, I just say they are ruining this game.

    Someone justifies the use of these sights due to the fact that its a "modern war", "real soldiers use them for real", but real soldiers use it in NIGHT TIME !!

    In BF4 they use them in all maps! it's ridiculous!

    it is super right to use the night vision in the night maps, but I'm not talking about the FLIR, the FLIR is ok because if you use it during the day you can not see anything!

    I'm talking exclusively about the thermal vision (IRNV), my dear "OWL WARRIORS", they ruined the game! Everyone uses it! But is it so funny? This game is beautiful, the scenery, the details ... Work wasted ... for what? to use the thermal vision ... I am disgusted ...

    But I do not get too angry with the players, who often do not understand anything about game design (cause the kills are more important) but I get angry with the DICE for these stupid choices that ruin their own work ...

    now I understand who refers to the message on 'photosensitive epilepsy when I turn on the playstation ... all these flash colors / black and white ... all this just to have 2 more kills at the end of the game ...

    You always complain about those "legendary camper", those unknown figures also known as ----> SNIPERS, but you dont care about those noobs that ruin their own gameplay for get more kills...

    JUST ENJOY THE COLORS, AND TRY TO PLAY REALISTIC instead OF TRYING WAYS TO GET MORE KILL BUT PLAYING AS A FUTURISTIC DOG, dont waste your time wasting battlefield, there is cod black ops for peoples like you, HURRY!

    And again dont talk about realism if u still play on normal servers...

  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I switched to hardcore last summer or so & it seems like the IR optics show up on my killer's loadout tons more than on core mode. It's in the game & folks will use it.
    I would love to see it left out of the next modern BF, except for nighttime.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    @FETCH_usa
    we are not talking about infantry with IRNV or FLIR, we're talking about tanks, LAV, and etc that can use those attachments, in which both can see AT mines, SLAMS, and C-4 plus other equipment like the SOFLAM or MAV (not counting the laser) and more when we all know they can't, we all understand that they're meant to see infantry and other vehicles, so it's kinda hard to fight against them when not only they can see us but also our traps.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    @FETCH_usa
    here's a different forum explaining what I'm talking about

    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/158012/battlefield#latest
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    D-1884 wrote: »
    @FETCH_usa
    so it's kinda hard to fight against them when not only they can see us but also our traps.

    It’s not supposed to be easy
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Mines & c4 aren't supposed to glow like a human body with thermal vision either.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    but turban you have to admit that if IRNV and FLIR could see mines of any kind in real life, we wouldn't have any use for the metal/mine detectors.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    and we are not saying that taking out a tank should be easy, but we are saying that FLIR and IRNV takes out things to fight against tanks, LAV and etc, which make some items like C-4, AT mines, and SLAMS very situational to only having one scenario to work with, and even with clever placement it would only extend the scenario by on or two.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    PopyBear4 wrote: »
    Mines & c4 aren't supposed to glow like a human body with thermal vision either.

    You’re talking about real life. I’m talking about the game.

    @D-1884 - this is a game, not real life.

    There are so many things in this game that are different from real life for the sake of balance.
  • Onirak
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    D-1884 wrote: »
    @FETCH_usa
    we are not talking about infantry with IRNV or FLIR, we're talking about tanks, LAV, and etc that can use those attachments, in which both can see AT mines, SLAMS, and C-4 plus other equipment like the SOFLAM or MAV (not counting the laser) and more when we all know they can't, we all understand that they're meant to see infantry and other vehicles, so it's kinda hard to fight against them when not only they can see us but also our traps.

    I was talking about infantry.... THERMAL SIGHT... ugly, ridiculous
  • Onirak
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im just tired to see guns with thermal vision...and im tired to see peoples that wear white camo in jungle environments just for counter those sights.. and also because there is no way to hide, also if u have dice camo you still partially visible... and you cant play stealth maybe moving through bushes... because you are still visible... thats really bad... because completely change the playstyle... war games should give more importance to camouflage... players should move more carefully... but what i see are players taking transport choppers for land on a skyscraper for shoot with their thermal guns trying to get more kill as possible until another thermal player find them easily..
    Im not talking about tanks because they are just op, i dont care anymore, i just avoid them... a real tank should never shoot an expensive missile for kill one soldier.... thats another thing that should be fixed... maybe making limited ammo, and give more importance to the machine gun mounted on...

    THERMAL VISION = NO

    NIGHT VISION = NIGHT MAPS

    THATS ALL
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Onirak wrote: »
    Im just tired to see guns with thermal vision...and im tired to see peoples that wear white camo in jungle environments just for counter those sights.. and also because there is no way to hide, also if u have dice camo you still partially visible... and you cant play stealth maybe moving through bushes... because you are still visible... thats really bad... because completely change the playstyle... war games should give more importance to camouflage... players should move more carefully... but what i see are players taking transport choppers for land on a skyscraper for shoot with their thermal guns trying to get more kill as possible until another thermal player find them easily..
    Im not talking about tanks because they are just op, i dont care anymore, i just avoid them... a real tank should never shoot an expensive missile for kill one soldier.... thats another thing that should be fixed... maybe making limited ammo, and give more importance to the machine gun mounted on...

    THERMAL VISION = NO

    NIGHT VISION = NIGHT MAPS

    THATS ALL

    - You claim you can’t hide...in a jungle
    - You claim people take transport choppers to camp skyscraper rooftops with 2x thermal scopes
    - You claim tanks with thermals are OP, but then casually claim that you “just avoid them”

    And you expect people to take you seriously?
Sign In or Register to comment.