FLIR

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    D-1884 wrote: »
    no, you know well enough that smokes and flares don't make a difference against any and all vehicles that have abilities
    of FLIR and IRNV. and you even said that you don't use them because you said you don't need them. They don't slow down tanks, they don't prevent any vehicles from going through no fear to give from either smokes and flares.

Are you incapable of forming an argument without twisting words?

Smoke will completely block thermal vision. I know this because I experience it regularly.
    I said I don’t use the counters often because I can get the job done without needing to resort to smoke of flares.

Your post is 100% misinformation.

and I've told you that from my experience that they run through or shoot the explosives in the smoke or flare, so they don't do anything to stop or slow tanks

Then they are not great tankers. Why not put down AT mines in the smoke if they are going to drive through the smoke every time?
    Smoke means you can’t see the mines. That’s a fact.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    and you've admitted that you have not tried this, so please try this for the experience or just not enough to make a clear point.
  • Turban_Legend80
    and you've admitted that you have not tried this

I’ve asked you to stop twisting my words a couple of times now.
    Show me where I have stated that I have never tried this.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    yes, so how long does it take to place all three AT? and whats to say that they go around or shoot at the smokes or flares you keep on going back to the smokes and flare when I've said they've done nothing to help give the engineer a bit more of an edge.
  • Turban_Legend80
    yes, so how long does it take to place all three AT? and whats to say that they go around or shoot at the smokes or flares you keep on going back to the smokes and flare when I've said they've done nothing to help give the engineer a bit more of an edge.

So now we’re back to you wanting this to work 100% of the time.
    It’s not even going to work 25% of the time. The best way to take out tanks is with launchers.

It doesn’t matter how long it takes to place mines because you shouldn’t be doing it if the tank can see you. But i’d guess it takes less than 2 seconds to place 3. Why does it matter?

AT mines will slow down the enemy more than destroy them. If they shoot the mines then they put themselves on the minimap and use some of their limited ammo.
  • Onirak
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It’s not even going to work 25% of the time. The best way to take out tanks is with launchers.

It doesn’t matter how long it takes to place mines because you shouldn’t be doing it if the tank can see you. But i’d guess it takes less than 2 seconds to place 3. Why does it matter?

AT mines will slow down the enemy more than destroy them. If they shoot the mines then they put themselves on the minimap and use some of their limited ammo.

Yes true, with laucher, if u are lucky after 4 rockets you can disable the vehicle... but before you can shoot the third the tank know already where you are thanks to the IRNV and just explode one heat seeking missile for fairly counter the attack of a single soldier... so fair
  • D-1884
    true, they'd be on the minimap; however, what is to say that even slows them down what is the effectiveness of just them showing up on the minimap, and it matters because of the effectiveness of time it takes to place all three. And no I don't want AT mines and SLAMs to work 100% of the time, however, both FLIR and IRNV make it to where they won't work at all. so then let me ask you this how often do you die to AT mines or SLAMs?
  • D-1884
    Onirak wrote: »

So now we’re back to you want this to work 100% of the time.

It doesn’t matter how long it takes to place mines because you shouldn’t be doing it if the tank can see you. But I'd guess it takes less than 2 seconds to place 3. Why does it matter?

Yes true, with a free fire rocket launcher, if u are lucky after 4 rockets you can disable the vehicle... but before you can shoot the third the tank know already where you are thanks to the IRNV and just explode one heat-seeking missile for fairly counter the attack of a single soldier... so fair

this is all on the point of how consistent one is against tanks or any vehicle, so what is considered fair and takes skill, and what isn't and takes no skill? let's talk about that right now.
  • Turban_Legend80

Yes true, with laucher, if u are lucky after 4 rockets you can disable the vehicle... but before you can shoot the third the tank know already where you are thanks to the IRNV and just explode one heat seeking missile for fairly counter the attack of a single soldier... so fair

Absolute nonsense.
    1. You can disable a tank in one hit if you play smart. (2000+ RPG kills and 20,000+ vehicle destroys backs up what i’m saying)
    2. 2 RPGs is enough to destroy a tank. (Can be done in an instant with a teammate before the tank can react)
    3. Heat seeking rockets cannot be fired at infantry
  • Onirak
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So now we’re back to you want this to work 100% of the time.

It doesn’t matter how long it takes to place mines because you shouldn’t be doing it if the tank can see you. But I'd guess it takes less than 2 seconds to place 3. Why does it matter?

Yes true, with rocket launcher, if u are lucky after 4 rockets you can disable the vehicle... but before you can shoot the third the tank know already where you are thanks to the IRNV and just explode one heat-seeking missile for fairly counter the attack of a single soldier... so fair

this is all on the point of how consistent one is against tanks or any vehicle, so what is considered fair and takes skill, and what isn't and takes no skill? let's talk about that right now.

Considering also that rocket launcher have limited ammo... that make barely destroy 1.5 tanks without missing a rocket...
  • D-1884
    regardless of kill count, how can you destroy any vehicle that isn't transportation with only two rpg rockets?
  • Turban_Legend80
    regardless of kill count, how can you destroy any vehicle that isn't transportation with only two rpg rockets?

Hit the back (RPG does 55 damage). Then wait for the APS to run out and shoot again.

Perhaps you two should learn the game if you don’t know stuff like this already.
  • D-1884
    okay, so you get perfect position on every vehicle every time?
  • Onirak

Absolute nonsense.
    1. You can disable a tank in one hit if you play smart. (2000+ RPG kills and 20,000+ vehicle destroys backs up what i’m saying)
    2. 2 RPGs is enough to destroy a tank. (Can be done in an instant with a teammate before the tank can react)
    3. Heat seeking rockets cannot be fired at infantry

I can play smart as i want... but the most of rocket launcher deal 25 damage... tank have 100 health ... im not a mathematician.... but 100:25=?

With a teammate yes its possible supposing that all team mates are engineers and have the mic on...

What are you talking about? there are the staff shells that follow also infantry if u shoot near them!!
  • Turban_Legend80
    okay, so you get perfect position on every vehicle every time?

That’s what smart play is all about. Not every time, depends on the situation. But if I can, then I will.

So what do you do, jump out in front of a tank and fire off an RPG then drop mines?
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Turban_Legend80
    tell me Turban do you believe in attachment consequences?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

the consequences that come with each attachment, like the muzzle break or compensator a 30% decrease accuracy, or the suppressors that decrease range and hip fire for no detection for firing, or the heavy barrel to gain better accuracy you have to trade stability, or any of the grips that decrease some of the other stats for the increase of only one, and so on and so forth. So tell me Turban, what are the consequences for having FLIR and IRNV on vehicles?

Well you loose the 360 view tankers love of you are totally reliant on the FLIR and IRNV.

Like I said before...makes it very easy to sneak up on tanks and leave them with a c4 present.
  • Turban_Legend80
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    @Turban_Legend80

the consequences that come with each attachment, like the muzzle break or compensator a 30% decrease accuracy, or the suppressors that decrease range and hip fire for no detection for firing, or the heavy barrel to gain better accuracy you have to trade stability, or any of the grips that decrease some of the other stats for the increase of only one, and so on and so forth. So tell me Turban, what are the consequences for having FLIR and IRNV on vehicles?

Well you loose the 360 view tankers love of you are totally reliant on the FLIR and IRNV.

Like I said before...makes it very easy to sneak up on tanks and leave them with a c4 present.

Unless they’re trying to sneak up from the front..
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    @Turban_Legend80

Unless they’re trying to sneak up from the front..

Lol...I'll be holding their beer as they try.
  • Benz092
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Flares are very effective, try that!
  • ragnarok013
    3033 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Turban_Legend80 @D-1884 please keep it civil, you guys are getting rather close to personal attacks.