Battlefield

StealthyWarrior1
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2018
In topic I would like to talk about a problem which some people have with their favourite game. Today i went to play bf4 after a very long break and note that i played bf5 beta before that. So after i played couple of hours of bf4 i thought to myself that damn this game has aged in my eyes because I saw so many problems which this game has that simply put bf5 does not include. For example the vehicle and infantry balance is terrible. Battlefield is supposed to be all out warfare but how am i supposed to have fun as infantry if there are so many apcs,tanks,choppers,jets per most of the maps on conquest large. You would say thay if I want to play as infantry then i should play tdm, domination etc. But i do not agree with that statement because the only gamemode I enjoy is conquest and i would like to have an good experience as infantry. I guess sometimes you only notice bad things about the old games you love when new and upgraded ones are released.

Comments

• RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    That makes no sense. You want better Infantry play on a VEHICLE based map. OKIE DOKIE.
  • IKobi_Blade
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    I like infantry play myself, as it makes it for a more fair challenge.

Problem with BF4 it has no Infantry Servers, and 95% of the servers are Large Conquest.

BF1 gun play is extremely tedious, as the guns are inaccurate.

BF5 I didn't even bother to join the BETA nor buy the game for the first time, as I had enough with the BF1 flop.

I see you own BF3, so you'll find there's more variety and infantry servers there, the Close Quarters DLC was a huge success. It's useless to argue about vehicles in Large Conquest maps, as that always been an "issue" since BF3 (reason why I favor infantry play, where skill matters more than luck).
  • FromXbox_w_Love
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For 80% of time, just by being better and having more knowledge.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I dont agree. A good squad on golmud can easily take down tanks, add a good commander to that and you got the ammo you need.
  • Hatenit
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Its been like that since 1942. After all its battlefield, not cod.
  • PopyBear4
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Get good at dropping choppers with RPG and flanking tanks with C4. Nailing tanks with C4 is a blast, 2 packs & its bye-bye buckaroo. Have to be smart about it & careful if they have a good gunner. Feels rewarding when you get one though.
  • joshuavinc143
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I know so frustrating not being able to kill a tank by yourself.. obviously tanks shouldn't be so dangerous...

Use a bit if map awareness and squad up

I enjoy playing infantry only on conquest large, and accept I can't take on tanks
  • CSO7777
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I started playing BF4 again after 3 years or so.

Played a lot of BF1 and have a love/hate-relationship with that game.

BF4 really has some issues that is not in BF1. Vaulting is much worse than BF1 (and it has it's problems), spawning is awful in BF4 (worse than BF1, which says a lot), "netcode" is really awful (invisible players shooting you, damage bundled), vehicle balance is just as bad (probably due to infrared-vision), weapons are still has RBS like BF1 (but with faster TTK). Also the maps in Europe for 60Hz-servers are pretty limited, you almost only get to play Locker or Shanghai,

But it's a good game without the worst game-mechanics of BF1 (elite-classes, behemoths), weapon-customization works really fine and the graphics still looks pretty.

Still the gun-play of BFV is above and beyond BF4 and BF1, in BFV the (good) guns are just so satisfying to use, like no other BF-game...
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Its not so hard to take down a tank by yourself, instead of firing an rpg as soon as you see it wait or try to re position and get the backend shot for 50 damage and mobility hit.

When you do this they will either pop aps so wait 5-10 seconds then follow up the shot for a destroy or they will bail and run off leaving you to steal the tank. If you just fire off at them from the side and front angles for 20 odd damage any decent tanker will back off and repair.

Its not so easy to take on IFV by yourself as infantry but they aren't suppose to be, if one of them is tearing up your team grab a tank and go for them. If you play it right you should always come out on top with a tank against an IFV.
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    probably due to infrared-vision.

Get the DICE LA camo.

• RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I know so frustrating not being able to kill a tank by yourself.. obviously tanks shouldn't be so dangerous...
    HAHAHA. It's a freaking TANK! Maybe it should be made out of cotton candy and shoot skittles instead?

Sheeeeesh.

• PopyBear4

Dude;
    Pick your spots
    Flank the tank
    2 pks C4
    Nighty-night lil tanker buddy!
  • joshuavinc143
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PopyBear4 wrote: »

Dude;
    Pick your spots
    Flank the tank
    2 pks C4

I'm not personally complaining.. it's a tank it's meant to be a hard target.

3 C4 though
  • DevilsBathtub
    824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    probably due to infrared-vision.

Get the DICE LA camo.

they are still visable with it.
  • mad3hojo
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In topic I would like to talk about a problem which some people have with their favourite game. Today i went to play bf4 after a very long break and note that i played bf5 beta before that. So after i played couple of hours of bf4 i thought to myself that damn this game has aged in my eyes because I saw so many problems which this game has that simply put bf5 does not include. For example the vehicle and infantry balance is terrible. Battlefield is supposed to be all out warfare but how am i supposed to have fun as infantry if there are so many apcs,tanks,choppers,jets per most of the maps on conquest large. You would say thay if I want to play as infantry then i should play tdm, domination etc. But i do not agree with that statement because the only gamemode I enjoy is conquest and i would like to have an good experience as infantry. I guess sometimes you only notice bad things about the old games you love when new and upgraded ones are released.

This is sarcasm, yes?

Maybe not though, I've seen enough posts in the BF5 section to know that the fans of that game are the reason Battlefield is in decline as a whole. So perhaps you are being serious here.
  • PopyBear4

Dude;
    Pick your spots
    Flank the tank
    2 pks C4

3 C4 though

Maybe it is 3...its been a little while since I've blasted one. I thought it was just 2 though. I'm gonna have to do some experimenting today and double-check, haven't c4'd one on PS4 yet anyways😏
  • joshuavinc143

Dude;
    Pick your spots
    Flank the tank
    2 pks C4

3 C4 though

Maybe it is 3...its been a little while since I've blasted one. I thought it was just 2 though. I'm gonna have to do some experimenting today and double-check, haven't c4'd one on PS4 yet anyways😏

Yeah was changed to 3 in one of the last updates
    Recon with spec ops upgrade is the way to go.
  • PopyBear4
    Yeah that's how I've taken most of my c4 tank kills. Run Recon with spec ops and carry carbine so I can stay in the fight with the team. Can carry 6 c4 packs that way can't you?
  • joshuavinc143
    Yeah that's how I've taken most of my c4 tank kills. Run Recon with spec ops and carry carbine so I can stay in the fight with the team. Can carry 6 c4 packs that way can't you?

Correct. I think it is the second upgrade though. So a lil bit of squad play is required

I personally prefer a bolt action, most of my kills are within 100m. Still a part of the action.
    I agree a carbine would be most suitable but I just don't like any of them enough
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    @StealthyWarrior1 - I understand what you mean about the Imbalance of infantry, and from just reading the comments a lot of people aren't understanding where you're coming from. So let me explain; rocket launchers like the Javelin back in BF3 was and still is powerful, but it has it's reasonable flaws one being low ammunition, but in the trade for much higher damage output. Now it's forgotten and never used, the fact is that in BF4 when you lock on to anything it shows the general location ([note] not exact location) but it's enough to put a marked for death on anyone. there is a power weapon called HVM-11, which used to be a menace against all vehicles, from your common transport vehicles and tanks to Z-10 and stealth jets. Now the weapon is living in the former shadow of its self, from doing 50-75 damage to tanks, absolutely destroying scout helicopter, almost downing a Z-10, and destroying or nearly downing any jets. now it only does 18-30 damage to tanks, 50 damage to any and all air vehicles. How does that work; that means that regularly damage output for each rocket dose six points damage ([note] the HVM-11 shoots 3 rockets) and 10 for each rocket if a critical, on average the RPG-7V2 will do more damage over time with its consistency and increased ammo capacity. I know that with an entire team of engineers you can easily take down any vehicle. However when it comes to weapons that can lock on and generally of infantry VS vehicles I stand tall with Stealthy Warrior. this is only the tip of the ice burg of my comments of infantry VS vehicles. If you wish to hear the rest of my "belittle opinion", just message me directly.
    Post edited by D-1884 on