Battlefield

124»

Comments

  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    @Turban_Legend80
    D-1884 wrote: »
    @Turban_Legend80 your right I worded that badly, so let me explain. They are two different sounds when it comes to being in a tank, the sound of someone locking on to you but not firing and the sound of someone locking on to you and firing, so pair this with the fact that you get a general location of the person that locks onto you. so that means that someone in a tank (that has Active Protection) can easily pop AP and get a better angle of you or just push of the area of what they were doing, yes this leaves them open however it leaves you open too. so let's take into consideration how long it takes for AP to end and for it to regen based on ADHDmania research AP last for 5 seconds and it takes 25 seconds to come back, almost any rocket can be blocked except the MBT LAW for some reason. I don't understand why the MBT got a pass but the majority of people don't consider or think about the MBT LAW because of how weak it is. continuing from that, though its cooldown is 25 seconds it can easily do a bit of back peddling and after a few repairs and the recharge of the AP, the tank is back in action just as new with nothing causing a scratch to the tank. so with this said let consider the other infantry counters.

    battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670165946100/

    It sounds like you want your first shot to hit every single time. That’s only going to happen if the target has already used countermeasures.
    The MBT Law is one of the most effective anti-tank weapons on open maps like Golmud.

    I don't like the fact the MBT law has a pass from the AP, when using any other rocket launchers that have a lock on, and the few times that a(n) recon used a PLD, SOFLAM, SUAV properly and every time that I locked on to that laser and they used AP it would block it, so that seems a little bit of a favored hands for one of the other that could come from the same angle.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    D-1884 wrote: »
    @Turban_Legend80 also what would make the thermals useless? I've just seen the fact the majority of the time they've never been useless any time in BF unless you can name a time?

    Did I say they were useless? No. I said I don’t know how you could nerf them anymore than they already have done without making them useless. How about you come up with a way to nerf them?
    Not showing up mines and slams could work I guess. But if you place them smartly you can make them difficult to see.
    Most of the time you can spot mines without using thermal vision.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    @Turban_Legend80

    well... what is the range of AT mines and slams? (by that I mean the range in which they activate and do damage or destroy the vehicle) and for the example map; siege of Shanghai or Golmud railway [seeing that is the most common map played on BF4 other than operation locker]. And what clever spots are there for both slams and AT mines?
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    @Turban_Legend80

    a video from Matimio that shows funny and smart spots for the slam
  • Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    D-1884 wrote: »
    @Turban_Legend80

    well... what is the range of AT mines and slams? (by that I mean the range in which they activate and do damage or destroy the vehicle) and for the example map; siege of Shanghai or Golmud railway [seeing that is the most common map played on BF4 other than operation locker]. And what clever spots are there for both slams and AT mines?
    I don’t know the exact range but I guess it’s somewhere within 5 feet of the nearest mine. No idea tbh. Why?
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    well, to find the best way to use slams and AT mines, though slams are weaker than AT mines, a reasonable nerf, to say the least. its just there to not make the AT mine useless, regardless it's hard to use AT instead of slams for me because I always just stick slams on enemy vehicles and either activate them with a free fire rocket launcher or let them drive away first and then shoot the free fire rocket launcher (since saying they don't destroy tanks and lavs with only three slams)
  • Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    D-1884 wrote: »
    well, to find the best way to use slams and AT mines, though slams are weaker than AT mines, a reasonable nerf, to say the least. its just there to not make the AT mine useless, regardless it's hard to use AT instead of slams for me because I always just stick slams on enemy vehicles and either activate them with a free fire rocket launcher or let them drive away first and then shoot the free fire rocket launcher (since saying they don't destroy tanks and lavs with only three slams)

    They did nerf slams a bit too hard.
    Why do you think the AT mines are useless?
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    @Turban_Legend80

    AT mines are easy to spot, for their activation radius is so small to almost being pinpoint to be able to activate them, so you have to place AT on the road then IRNV and FLIR just makes it harder to use them since they're spotted right away; I used to use a trick but in practicality its pretty useless, the trick is to take your SLAMS, AT, or C-4 and place it on the road, when you see a tank coming up, throw a smoke grenade at you explosive and wait, either it worked or they figured you out and they killed you, this is a 20 to 80%, 20% to work 80% to fail, so yea pretty useless to say the least. So yea as long as the IRNV and FLIR are able to see AT and other explosives they require more thinking and clever placement. If you can get any use out of them it's because of five things, the armor driver is a newbie, they're in a transportation vehicle, you put them on the beginning of a(n) decline, the driver didn't have/activate IRNV or FLIR, or they were too busy on other tanks or vehicles.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @D-1884 - But if you don’t use “more thinking and clever placement” the tanker doesn’t even need to use thermals to spot mines/slams.

    Blow a hole in the road and place your mines in the upslope of the crater on the side you think the target will be coming from.
    Hide C4 with an ammo box and hope the tank drives straight over it.

    Use the environment to your advantage.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    @Turban_Legend80
    true, but how much the environment can you create or have on the spot, with mainly road maps with no water involved with AT or slam placement what can be done? Also, thank you for the C-4 and ammo box trick I'll try it out never really thought of that. Continuing I've tried out some tricks on Matimio's video and only a couple of them worked, but still, a couple of them work so I'm happy, but what the environment can do for one, can it really do it for the other? is the only way to use AT mines when they're covered or in a ditch?
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    @Turban_Legend80
    and the majority of the time when the tanker is back he'll learn what you did, so what is to say that trick is a one time for each server or each game? Though this is not to be dwell upon very much but it's still a point to be made.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    @D-1884 - and the majority of the time you are not up against the same tanker.

    You really think the same method should work every single time? Get real ffs
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm not saying that you are.
    @D-1884 - But if you don’t use “more thinking and clever placement” the tanker doesn’t even need to use thermals to spot mines/slams.

    Blow a hole in the road and place your mines in the upslope of the crater on the side you think the target will be coming from.
    Hide C4 with an ammo box and hope the tank drives straight over it.

    Use the environment to your advantage.

    I'm saying and asking how many times can you create holes and expect them not to notice the hole and just run over them more than once? [though I should've made this more clearly in my original statement "ARE THERE CONSEQUENCES FOR FLIR AND IRNV ON TANKS!?!?!?"]
  • Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    D-1884 wrote: »
    I'm not saying that you are.
    @D-1884 - But if you don’t use “more thinking and clever placement” the tanker doesn’t even need to use thermals to spot mines/slams.

    Blow a hole in the road and place your mines in the upslope of the crater on the side you think the target will be coming from.
    Hide C4 with an ammo box and hope the tank drives straight over it.

    Use the environment to your advantage.

    I'm saying and asking how many times can you create holes and expect them not to notice the hole and just run over them more than once? [though I should've made this more clearly in my original statement "ARE THERE CONSEQUENCES FOR FLIR AND IRNV ON TANKS!?!?!?"]

    Maybe you should actually go and try it out instead of moaning that it won’t happen.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I have and I feel dirty because of how overpowered it is, but that still didn't answer my question what are the consequences of thermal sights on vehicles?
  • Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    D-1884 wrote: »
    I have and I feel dirty because of how overpowered it is, but that still didn't answer my question what are the consequences of thermal sights on vehicles?

    Lol really!? I meant go and try out placing AT mines in different ways (obviously), rather than just complain it can’t be done.

    Unless you know the map perfectly, using thermals greatly restricts your view of the environment.
    Smoke and flares are hard counters to thermals and force you to switch back to normal view.

    There you go, two hard consequences for using thermals (which you would definitely know about if you have actually used them like you claim to have).

    Ypu are just another player who moans about something instead of trying to overcome it. Get over it, it’s not going to be changed in BF4. It’s already been nerfed and you’re still not happy.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    @Turban_Legend80

    so you use flares and smokes often, and yes I've used them both and their counter are either flank, run through either one or just shoot behind, in front or right at the smoke or flare. so the counters for the vehicles that have the abilities of thermal are limited very limited
  • Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    D-1884 wrote: »
    @Turban_Legend80

    so you use flares and smokes often, and yes I've used them both and their counter are either flank, run through either one or just shoot behind, in front or right at the smoke or flare. so the counters for the vehicles that have the abilities of thermal are limited very limited

    No, not very often at all because I can get the job done without them.

    So the counters slow down the tank? Sounds like they are doing their job.

    Case closed.
  • D-1884
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    no, not closed; most of the time in my case smoke and flares don't even slow down the tanks, they're easily seen through, but so if you don't use them and in the case that I've used them and the experience that I've gain from them what do you do then when their counters don't do any thing?
  • Turban_Legend80
    4551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    D-1884 wrote: »
    most of the time in my case smoke and flares don't even slow down the tanks, they're easily seen through

    Maybe they aren’t using thermals after all...
    D-1884 wrote: »
    what do you do then when their counters don't do any thing?

    I switch to normal view.
Sign In or Register to comment.