Hit Reg, Desync etc ...

Rev0verDrive
6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited September 2018
Anybody run into anything along these lines? Have video?
  • Hits/Death behind cover
  • Delayed hitmarkers
  • Blood Splatter, but no hit markers
  • Low damage output
  • OHK's ... one frame deaths

Comments

• thamac15
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Death around corners is always going to occur no matter the game. I’ll tell you one thing though, just threw in BF1 and after three games I couldn’t take the nooby run and gun lone wolf gameplay. BF5 is a breath of fresh air for many of us. Can’t wait for launch!
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    thamac15 wrote:
    Death around corners is always going to occur no matter the game. I’ll tell you one thing though, just threw in BF1 and after three games I couldn’t take the nooby run and gun lone wolf gameplay. BF5 is a breath of fresh air for many of us. Can’t wait for launch!

I'm solid on the netcode aspects. Just want to get a general idea from player experience in BFV.
  • Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    I have a couple videos of blood/flinching with no hit markers.

Edit: Nevermind, you’re talking about BFV. Forgot where I was...
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had a good amount of issues during the beta, a whole lot of one frame deaths by automatics and sidearms, low damage output as well, and not from spawn protection as I know the difference and have experienced both.

I have had a few occasions of delayed hitmarkers and hitmarkers registering correctly but my score indicator not popping up until a good 10 seconds later. Also, while being in a tank having resupplies skip and not register the resupply until another cycle was complete.

I haven't had no hit markers much, only a few times on really laggy players, but I have gotten killed around corners and behind cover a good amount of times. It seems that we're in for more of the same with good old battlefield v.
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    Bundled damage was horrible in the beta. Insta death TTD ruins the gunplay and needs to be fixed.

DICE made TTK much faster in BFV compared to BF1 and now Frostbite's netcode is struggling to keep up on the TTD side causing bundled damage and one frame insta deaths.
    Synchronized damage taken effect to the actual shooter networked state. Previously it lead to out of sync effects where the shooter was not yet visible.

BATTLEFIELD 1 PRISE DE TAHURE UPDATE NOTES

After DICE implemented this change to BF1's netcode I noticed a delay in damage taken indicators. I'd start by reversing this change. It gives players less time to react. Players being hit before the shooter is visible has to due with either peeker's advantage or the extrapolation offset buffer. Either way, delaying damage indicators is never a good thing. Especially with a lighting quick TTK like BFV has.

What happened to @mischkag? Very few people can detect issues with the netcode. BF3 is a netcode disaster and hardly anybody noticed. It doesn't surprise me these netcode issues are making their way into BFV and hardly anyone is noticing or talking about them.
    Post edited by Oskool_007 on
  • Rev0verDrive
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    Bundled damage was horrible in the beta. Insta death TTD kills gunplay and needs to be fixed.

DICE made TTK much faster in BFV compared to BF1 and now Frostbite's netcode is struggling to keep up on the TTD side causing bundled damage and one frame insta deaths.
    Synchronized damage taken effect to the actual shooter networked state. Previously it lead to out of sync effects where the shooter was not yet visible.

BATTLEFIELD 1 PRISE DE TAHURE UPDATE NOTES

After DICE implemented this change to BF1's netcode I noticed a delay in damage taken indicators. I'd start by reversing this change. It gives players less time to react. Players being hit before the shooter is visible has to due with either peeker's advantage or the extrapolation offset buffer. Either way, delaying damage indicators is never a good thing. Especially with a lighting quick TTK like BFV has.

What happened to @mischkag? Very few people can detect issues with the netcode. BF3 is a netcode disaster and hardly anybody noticed. It doesn't surprise me these netcode issues are making their way into BFV and hardly anyone is noticing or talking about them.

You know that the majority of the issues are high latency related and the only way to really resolve them is to limit pings.
  • Oskool_007
    And yet, TTD insta death wasn't an issue in BF1 due to it's slower and more forgiving TTK.
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited September 2018
    Oskool_007 wrote:
    And yet, TTD insta death wasn't an issue in BF1 due to it's slower and more forgiving TTK.

TTD is OHK, 1 frame death caused by bundled damage.

Bullet velocities and ROF didn't increase. Damage per bullet did. Your argument of processing times would be a bit more plausible if velocities and ROF increased. You'd simply increase tick to help accommodate. But those didn't change.

Yet as far as I'm aware the beta didn't run at 60Hz. it was running at 30Hz.

And yes OHK/Insta death exists in BF1 as well as BF4.
  • Damageproof
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member

DICE made TTK much faster in BFV compared to BF1
    No, for example, stg-44 give 23 (5 shot for killing) damage and 52 damage for headshot on the close range. In the close range you need TWO HEADSHOT for killing!
    In the middle range: 17 damage (6 shots is default TTK in new Battlefields) and 49 for Headshot (3 HEADSHOTS FOR KILLING!)

• Oskool_007
    edited September 2018
    You guys have weapons stats? All I have are the beta notes.

6xdfky2udzfb.png

MP40
    Increased 6 hit kill range from 35 to 50 meters
    Increased 7 hit kill range from 50 to 70 meters

If my math is correct the MP40 has a Rate of Fire equal to 6 rounds per 550ms. 11 rounds per second. 660 rounds per minute.

That appears to match the TTD I'm seeing in the videos above. Players are getting hit by 4 bullets in a quarter of a second and dropping dead.

Obviously nobody is going to be able to react in a quarter of a second.
    To make sure that this in turn doesn’t end up leading to a shallow and ultra-fast affair, we are instead making sure reaching the max potential of a weapon is harder to achieve consistently, rather than by average lowering damage per bullet across the board.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/152495/battlefield-v-open-beta-update-notes

Looks like weapons need more recoil, because in the videos above players are getting dropped in a quarter of a second and to me the gunplay feels like "a shallow and ultra-fast affair".
  • Sidorovich_IsGod
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Hits/Death behind cover - yes slightly (netcode still early stages..hopefully improvements)
    Delayed hitmarkers - no
    Blood Splatter, but no hit markers - yes occassionally
    Low damage output - only with explosives
    OHK's ... one frame deaths - sometimes
  • Rev0verDrive
  • Oskool_007
    edited September 2018

Very confusing. According to the weapons stats, BF1 has a faster TTK than BFV. Yet that's not how the BFV beta felt to me. BFV definitely has a faster time to kill.

Which means more bullets miss the target in BF1 due to higher recoil, increasing the time to kill, and in BFV there's less recoil meaning more bullets hit the target decreasing the time to kill.

So my original observation about weapons in BFV needing more recoil in order to slow down the TTK appears accurate.

Post edited by Oskool_007 on
  • Rev0verDrive
    Very confusing. According to the weapons stats, BF1 has a faster TTK than BFV. Yet that's not how the BFV beta felt to me. BFV definitely has a faster time to kill.

Which means more bullets in BF1 miss the target due to higher recoil which increases the time to kill and in BFV has less recoil, meaning more bullets hit the target decreasing the time to kill.

So my original observation about weapons in BFV needing more recoil in order to slow down the TTK appears accurate.

Interview with Daniel Berlin (JackFrags vid .. 6:30 mark) .... Random bullet spread/deviation was removed. Recoil is patterned.

So in essence more shots are landing vs being deviated.
  • Oskool_007
    Video of a shotgun kill taking 5 seconds for a kill confirmation message to register. I remember a similar bug happening with shotguns in BF1.

https://plays.tv/video/5b908e937c37e10515/server-issue-very-delayed-kill
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't record any I don't think (will shift through my vids to double check.

Getting killed around corners/cover I rarely had occur and if it did it was on US servers with 250ms.

No delayed hitmarkers even with 250ms

Blood splatter with no hitmarkers yes but that was with 250ms

Low damage output yes with maybe around 5% of damage events it occurred. And of those 5% only 1% was in region with 30ms. The other 4% were with 250mw

One frames about 20% of deaths with 15% with 250ms and 5% with 30ms.
    I can tell when I'm getting hit by several shots so it was really clear when one frames or bundled damage would occuer (which would be the same thing because I didn't get bundled damage of say 6 shots clumped together for a near instant death so around a corner like in previous titles espeically bf1 if you get what I mean)

A few times with 250ms I received shots (the sounds and hit with character flinch) but no damage. Maybe around 3% of engagements/shots on me this occured
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

Then the network graph is a big lie. I'm pretty sure it was showing 60hz for both.
  • Rev0verDrive
    PcPAirgun wrote: »

Than the network graph is a big lie. I'm pretty sure it was showing 60hz for both.

Absolutely positive? Then maybe what I heard was for console. My bad if so.
  • PcPAirgun
    633 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    99.9% sure. It was one of the first things i tested when connected to a server, because i got some warning icon for ping variation (...only in battlefield™...)and server performance.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anybody run into anything along these lines? Have video?
    • Hits/Death behind cover
    • Delayed hitmarkers
    • Blood Splatter, but no hit markers
    • Low damage output
    • OHK's ... one frame deaths

Yeah. The further somebody is the more out of sync they are. Hope it gets fixed.