Played the BETA, it was a lot of fun! I have been trying to keep up with the youtube videos, patch notes, etc. So far, I have not heard anything
about a dedicated hardcore mode? A lot of the hardcore community stayed on BF4 when BF1 came out because the BF1 hardcore mode was not polished. I know as developers, you guys have a million people throwing demands and ideas at you from a million different angles, but you've got a decently large size hardcore community on all platforms. We would love to get an official reply from someone, I will be sharing this link plenty. Below are a few of my ideas for a dedicated hardcore mode on Battlefield V, I hope anyone who has any desire to play hardcore will respond to this with their $0.02.
- Hardcore Mode needs independently balanced guns like BF4. (125%-175% damage, not 200%)
- We need a dedicated "route" to get into a hardcore server. BF4 was perfect, hard coded right into the server browser. On BF1 you had to search manually or look under custom games. This caused many would-be hardcore players to miss out simply because they could not find what they can't see. Also on BF1, RSP's were the only hardcore servers that would consistently be full. On the new Battlefield, I would like to see both RSP and Generic Hardcore servers populated.
- Keep the attrition as it is now. I seen that you guys are looking at increasing the mag count at start. On hardcore, I would like to see the attrition left as is.
- Being able to tell the enemy apart from a friendly is critical, please make it easier to tell enemy from friendly. Teamkilling was awful on the Russian maps in particular.
- Incursions dead? Spice it up with a hardcore option.
- Most importantly, we want to feel like DICE/EA really gave this game mode some attention
Thanks for the read, and hopefully a response!