The Hardcore Community would like some clarity

Livemas1996
14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Hello all,

Played the BETA, it was a lot of fun! I have been trying to keep up with the youtube videos, patch notes, etc. So far, I have not heard anything about a dedicated hardcore mode? A lot of the hardcore community stayed on BF4 when BF1 came out because the BF1 hardcore mode was not polished. I know as developers, you guys have a million people throwing demands and ideas at you from a million different angles, but you've got a decently large size hardcore community on all platforms. We would love to get an official reply from someone, I will be sharing this link plenty. Below are a few of my ideas for a dedicated hardcore mode on Battlefield V, I hope anyone who has any desire to play hardcore will respond to this with their $0.02.
  • Hardcore Mode needs independently balanced guns like BF4. (125%-175% damage, not 200%)
  • We need a dedicated "route" to get into a hardcore server. BF4 was perfect, hard coded right into the server browser. On BF1 you had to search manually or look under custom games. This caused many would-be hardcore players to miss out simply because they could not find what they can't see. Also on BF1, RSP's were the only hardcore servers that would consistently be full. On the new Battlefield, I would like to see both RSP and Generic Hardcore servers populated.
  • Keep the attrition as it is now. I seen that you guys are looking at increasing the mag count at start. On hardcore, I would like to see the attrition left as is.
  • Being able to tell the enemy apart from a friendly is critical, please make it easier to tell enemy from friendly. Teamkilling was awful on the Russian maps in particular.
  • Incursions dead? Spice it up with a hardcore option.
  • Most importantly, we want to feel like DICE/EA really gave this game mode some attention

Thanks for the read, and hopefully a response!

Comments

• InnerD
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hardcore mode should not exist, its just another way to split the community.
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Agree, we really don't need HC.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Never liked hardcore. The game was never balanced with it in mind.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's probably not happening on release. But will come at later date.
  • Livemas1996
    It's probably not happening on release. But will come at later date.

As long as it's polished when it comes, I am okay with waiting.
  • von_Campenstein
    5351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I started playing BF in hardcore and this feels plenty hardcore to me, what else do you really need other than that label so you can boast about you being hardcore?
  • SoccerSam777
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    To say we don’t need a hardcore community is a blanket disrespectful statement that assumes everyone feels that way. That is the same as somebody saying we don’t need a core community. The adults and tactical skilled players want a hardcore community. Being able to choose between both communities is key. I, and hundreds of thousands of others will not be purchasing or playing the game without a hardcore mode!
  • InnerD
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To say we don’t need a hardcore community is a blanket disrespectful statement that assumes everyone feels that way. That is the same as somebody saying we don’t need a core community. The adults and tactical skilled players want a hardcore community. Being able to choose between both communities is key. I, and hundreds of thousands of others will not be purchasing or playing the game without a hardcore mode!

there is no disrespect in saying that the community would be split because as you have just said the community is split.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Well the "core" community is the absolute majority, so yes we do need a core. To assume the adults and skilled players only exist in hardcore mode is beyond laughable. Doubt it barely would reach the thousands that would not buy it due to a lack of hardcore mode, let alone "hundreds of thousands". You are delusional.
  • xXCA_RageXx

Ah bringing out the ol' I and the millions behind me for weight style arguing, if you really were an adult one would think you'd gotten past that and could argue for yourself without inventing a following to prop up your cause.

What's funny about his post, is that he claims hundreds of thousands wouldnt buy it because of a lack of a hardcore mode. Yet I've been on this forum since the start of the beta and his is the first thread that I noticed about it.
  • Livemas1996
    I want this to be a thread for constructive feedback on a game mode that me and plenty of others love. If you don't play hardcore, no need to respond.
  • SoccerSam777
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @xxca. Can you read properly. I said having a choice between the two communities is key. Please tell me when I said we do not need a core community? Please tell me when I said millions? It is my opinion that hardcore players are more skilled. You are absolutely right, core is the majority. It is also my opinion that core is the majority because it is easier to play. You can not just run around and shoot everything that moves without penalty in hardcore. Hardcore is also more realistic. You can not shoot through your own players without penalty as well. Once again it takes more skill and tactics. If you take offense to that, you have other problems that need to be addressed.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    edited September 12
    @xxca. Can you read properly. I said having a choice between the two communities is key. Please tell me when I said we do not need a core community? Please tell me when I said millions? It is my opinion that hardcore players are more skilled. You are absolutely right, core is the majority. It is also my opinion that core is the majority because it is easier to play. You can not just run around and shoot everything that moves without penalty in hardcore. Hardcore is also more realistic. You can not shoot through your own players without penalty as well. Once again it takes more skill and tactics. If you take offense to that, you have other problems that need to be addressed.

Holy crap, and you accuse me of not reading properly? You can have your opinion even if it is wrong.My experience from hardcore is that the players are just as bad as in core. The biggest difference is the majority are playing the gamemode that the game was built and balanced for.
  • kronenbourg73
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I play a lot of HC, in BF3 and BF4, but looking at the setup for BFV, it seems to be a mix of HC and Normal. No spotting in BFV means that no-one appears on the minimap (like HC, although there is no map to begin with), can't auto heal, need health packs (usual with HC). The only things that are not HC is friendly fire is off, reload full amount of ammo (but then the attrition or starting with less ammo is kinda like this), and damage is at 100%, but with no auto heal, does the 60% health bit need to be there?

I feel that Dice has gone this route to blend a bit of both, so its easier on the servers, as its just one thing to setup, not two.

Still, some input from Dice would be nice :)
  • Mineboss23
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Holy crap, and you accuse me of not reading properly? You can have your opinion even if it is wrong.My experience from hardcore is that the players are just as bad as in core. The biggest difference is the majority are playing the gamemode that the game was built and balanced for.

Just leave the thread.

Just because you can’t process fast enough to not shoot your teammates, doesn’t mean you are less of a gamer. Really... it doesn’t.

• Livemas1996
    edited September 12
    I play a lot of HC, in BF3 and BF4, but looking at the setup for BFV, it seems to be a mix of HC and Normal. No spotting in BFV means that no-one appears on the minimap (like HC, although there is no map to begin with), can't auto heal, need health packs (usual with HC). The only things that are not HC is friendly fire is off, reload full amount of ammo (but then the attrition or starting with less ammo is kinda like this), and damage is at 100%, but with no auto heal, does the 60% health bit need to be there?

I feel that Dice has gone this route to blend a bit of both, so its easier on the servers, as its just one thing to setup, not two.

Still, some input from Dice would be nice :)

Thank you for your response. I really like that they made the game more hardcore in general, which will make it more playable if there is not a dedicated hardcore mode. Also, third person in vehicles would need to be removed and a few other tweaks to make it true hardcore.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    Mineboss23 wrote: »

Just leave the thread.

Just because you can’t process fast enough to not shoot your teammates, doesn’t mean you are less of a gamer. Really... it doesn’t.

Pulling random stuff out of your butt, you take hardcore as a whole different meaning don't you. Must keep the ER people amused.
  • Assyriansniper1
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello all,

Played the BETA, it was a lot of fun! I have been trying to keep up with the youtube videos, patch notes, etc. So far, I have not heard anything about a dedicated hardcore mode? A lot of the hardcore community stayed on BF4 when BF1 came out because the BF1 hardcore mode was not polished. I know as developers, you guys have a million people throwing demands and ideas at you from a million different angles, but you've got a decently large size hardcore community on all platforms. We would love to get an official reply from someone, I will be sharing this link plenty. Below are a few of my ideas for a dedicated hardcore mode on Battlefield V, I hope anyone who has any desire to play hardcore will respond to this with their $0.02.
    • Hardcore Mode needs independently balanced guns like BF4. (125%-175% damage, not 200%)
    • We need a dedicated "route" to get into a hardcore server. BF4 was perfect, hard coded right into the server browser. On BF1 you had to search manually or look under custom games. This caused many would-be hardcore players to miss out simply because they could not find what they can't see. Also on BF1, RSP's were the only hardcore servers that would consistently be full. On the new Battlefield, I would like to see both RSP and Generic Hardcore servers populated.
    • Keep the attrition as it is now. I seen that you guys are looking at increasing the mag count at start. On hardcore, I would like to see the attrition left as is.
    • Being able to tell the enemy apart from a friendly is critical, please make it easier to tell enemy from friendly. Teamkilling was awful on the Russian maps in particular.
    • Incursions dead? Spice it up with a hardcore option.
    • Most importantly, we want to feel like DICE/EA really gave this game mode some attention

Thanks for the read, and hopefully a response!

I use to only play hardcore. For the first time ever I actually enjoyed playing normal mode which is what im going to play. It feels very much like hardcore. The only take away is the sniper 2 shot kill which I have no problems with.
  • PBG_2ndBody
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The TTK is already extremely fast on BFV and there is hardly any spotting going on, unless you play Recon. Hardcore mode isn't needed and i played Hardcore often in BF3 and 4