Neville nights

caroliro
27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Why doesn’t anyone ever want to play this map on conquest?

Comments

  • Forkbeard84
    1990 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I noticed that too. I think people dont like the dark.
  • the_yakuza17
    217 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't speak for others but I hate how dark it is, making it really hard to see enemies. In my experience, people know this and will camp in dark spots to pad their K/D.
  • caroliro
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think adjusting brightness would help. The night map of Zavod in BF4 was DARK. I find Neville dark enough to add atmosphere but not so dark to make it hard to see other players. It is a shame really...such a cool map.
  • MurfCr
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    its a huge zurging map...C,D,B area....
  • Ronin9572
    1430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I remember when it went free to Vanilla players I was so excited. I really liked it a lot, while many didnt, saying it was too dark. It was funny because at 1st everyone would use scout and snipe from the shadows. Than ppl realized it was a lot quicker of a match If you just zerg around.
  • KopaTropa123
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    I disagree, i don't find it dark at all, for a night map it is rather bright and blue, kinda lame,
    but I don't like this map because it is a merry go round for capturing objectives, usually matches wind up with most of the team running to the next objective to capture but you just lost the previous objective, its too circular and easy to go from objective to objective while losing other objectives and thus a merry go round.
  • ElliotLH
    9776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As said above I think it's a really boring map where people just zerg about.
  • caroliro
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure I get the complaint about “zerging”.....If everyone doesn’t
    like the zerging.....how about not doing it? I don’t mind recapturing an objective while I wait for the merry go round to come around again.
  • blindsniper63
    2595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zavod on BF4 night map was good until players complained it was to dark for a NIGHT map lol. They even put Blinking red lights on the mines so you could see them in the DARK ! LMAO
  • Claypole1
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s not a proper night map, the darkness just makes it annoying. Zavod on BF4 was how a night map should be...
  • caroliro
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One my favorite BF4 maps in the light, Zavod in the dark was pretty cool. Finally had a goood reason for equipping those barrel mounted lights. You can’t deny that Neville Nights is still a good looking map even if you think it is too dark or not dark enough....
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    caroliro wrote: »
    One my favorite BF4 maps in the light, Zavod in the dark was pretty cool. Finally had a goood reason for equipping those barrel mounted lights. You can’t deny that Neville Nights is still a good looking map even if you think it is too dark or not dark enough....

    Off topic but a flashlight in bf4 works even better for your enemies,perhaps you got better vision of the 20m ahead of you but everyone in 50m radius sees you as well. Not a good idea...

    Not a fan of nightmaps,but playing existing maps in darkness is kinda cool.
  • caroliro
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    caroliro wrote: »
    One my favorite BF4 maps in the light, Zavod in the dark was pretty cool. Finally had a goood reason for equipping those barrel mounted lights. You can’t deny that Neville Nights is still a good looking map even if you think it is too dark or not dark enough....

    Off topic but a flashlight in bf4 works even better for your enemies,perhaps you got better vision of the 20m ahead of you but everyone in 50m radius sees you as well. Not a good idea...

    Not a fan of nightmaps,but playing existing maps in darkness is kinda cool.

    Used sparingly in close quarters and to make head targeting by enemy a little more difficult if in a pinch. Definitely not wise to keep the dang thing on like you are walking your dog. I always thought the entry to operation metro in BF3 missed an oportunity by not have illumination from barrel mounted light.
  • ElliotLH
    9776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    caroliro wrote: »
    One my favorite BF4 maps in the light, Zavod in the dark was pretty cool. Finally had a goood reason for equipping those barrel mounted lights. You can’t deny that Neville Nights is still a good looking map even if you think it is too dark or not dark enough....

    Off topic but a flashlight in bf4 works even better for your enemies,perhaps you got better vision of the 20m ahead of you but everyone in 50m radius sees you as well. Not a good idea...

    Not a fan of nightmaps,but playing existing maps in darkness is kinda cool.

    I got a similar impression of the laser pointers - seeing the beam has saved me a few times.
  • ragnarok013
    3953 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    caroliro wrote: »
    One my favorite BF4 maps in the light, Zavod in the dark was pretty cool. Finally had a goood reason for equipping those barrel mounted lights. You can’t deny that Neville Nights is still a good looking map even if you think it is too dark or not dark enough....

    Off topic but a flashlight in bf4 works even better for your enemies,perhaps you got better vision of the 20m ahead of you but everyone in 50m radius sees you as well. Not a good idea...

    Not a fan of nightmaps,but playing existing maps in darkness is kinda cool.

    I got a similar impression of the laser pointers - seeing the beam has saved me a few times.

    I had the happen on Tehran highway once, a guy about 150 meters away was camping in the dark under the bridge and forgot to turn off his laser sight. I lined up his laser with my RPG and gave him a significant emotional experience.
  • ElliotLH
    9776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    caroliro wrote: »
    One my favorite BF4 maps in the light, Zavod in the dark was pretty cool. Finally had a goood reason for equipping those barrel mounted lights. You can’t deny that Neville Nights is still a good looking map even if you think it is too dark or not dark enough....

    Off topic but a flashlight in bf4 works even better for your enemies,perhaps you got better vision of the 20m ahead of you but everyone in 50m radius sees you as well. Not a good idea...

    Not a fan of nightmaps,but playing existing maps in darkness is kinda cool.

    I got a similar impression of the laser pointers - seeing the beam has saved me a few times.

    I had the happen on Tehran highway once, a guy about 150 meters away was camping in the dark under the bridge and forgot to turn off his laser sight. I lined up his laser with my RPG and gave him a significant emotional experience.

    Ouch! Haha I bet that was the last thing they expected.
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The map has too much of a anchor feel to it and I always turn up the brightness so I can see better.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don’t mind it. I prefer it if I’m around the the trenches.
Sign In or Register to comment.