The last straw

Canceled my pre-order and got a full refund. I could overlook a lot of the glaring issues with the game (multiple 20-30 round lmgs? Can I get get WW1 weaponry instead?) and chalk it up to the game being beta. But censoring "white man" was the last straw. I gave you so many chances EA, so many. For your next game why don't you develop a shooter where it's straight minority women VS LGBT non-binaries and instead of firearms they use squirt guns.

Comments

• smokintom214
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bye Felicia. Debo is down the street riding his lowrider bike
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Troll? He has 0 posts and owns no other battlefield titles.
  • VBALL_MVP
    5751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Canceled my pre-order and got a full refund. I could overlook a lot of the glaring issues with the game (multiple 20-30 round lmgs? Can I get get WW1 weaponry instead?) and chalk it up to the game being beta. But censoring "white man" was the last straw. I gave you so many chances EA, so many. For your next game why don't you develop a shooter where it's straight minority women VS LGBT non-binaries and instead of firearms they use squirt guns.

Bye alt account. Not sure why you need to hide behind one if you truly feel this way.

It's a beta for a reason...find mistakes and fix them. This is a good case of a big found for fixin.
  • TEKNOCODE
    8376 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Name fits the crythread.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    8891 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    @CryBabySandwich
    Maybe you should have read the announcement regarding the filter.

Not just "white man" was being censored.

In fact perfectly legitimate things were being censored too ( 6700K is one such example ).

It is a work in progress and DICE have confirmed the profanity filter was censoring text that it shouldn't be, And was not censoring text that it should be.

Plus you have to consider, That as it was active in the Beta.. It is the perfect testing ground to see what is and what is not being filtered and build on it.

I'm going to lock this thread down now as the thread has served it's purpose.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!