Hope more active player on battlefield 1

eloktron
11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
If battlefield V release soon I hope there are still have active player on battlefield 1, if I have enough money I will buy BF5 but battlefield 1 is my first battlefield that I played I wonder what's gonna happen on bf1 after release of BF5 :(

Comments

• Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    On console there will still be more then enough players. Dlc gamemodes are dead already,so not much will change.
  • von_Campenstein
    5694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    For the first time ever there are now more people on PC than on console for BF1, must've been quite the sale.

In all likelyhood EA will gradually discontinue the servers and the game will die.

Till then keep dropping those ammo pouches!
  • eloktron
    Hope still more active player on BF1 dice please don't abandon your player on BF1 and keep this game server up even after release BFV hopefully DICE And EA please don't abandon your player on BF1 !!!!
  • CS-2107
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As many people are dissapointed with BFV, may it be for the gameplay or the agenda. So I believe the sales of BFV will be way below than what BF1 had. Also many players will wanna jump from bf1 to bfv and if bfv is not what they like, they'll return to bf1. So in conclusion I think BF1 will still have its playerbase after BFV launches.
  • eloktron
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    As many people are dissapointed with BFV, may it be for the gameplay or the agenda. So I believe the sales of BFV will be way below than what BF1 had. Also many players will wanna jump from bf1 to bfv and if bfv is not what they like, they'll return to bf1. So in conclusion I think BF1 will still have its playerbase after BFV launches.

Hope so
  • mongoeasy
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 15
    I hope EA will keep rotating start screen options so that all maps and the less popular game modes will get some love in future. I'd hate to see war pigeons, frontlines and the sea maps disappear to be never played again. Real shame.
    Post edited by mongoeasy on
  • RRedux
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would love to see bf5 become a good game, but going by the current impressions, I probably won't be going for it on release. They'd have to make some really major changes for that to happen.

So, probably going to be playing bf1 for a while still.
  • pwnedPewPew
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I plan on playing BF1 for as long as it has active servers. I won't be buying BFV at launch (maybe ever) so I hope BF1 continues to have a long life. I personally think this game is a masterpiece. It never stops being fun for me.

I can only agree.
    Of course BF1 has its flaws ( Heavy Bomber,prone LMG Noobs/Sprayers,less good medics etc..) but for me its one of the best Shooter in the last Years.
    I can only wish that BFV will be so great like BF1,but what I have seen in the Beta its the completely opposite.
    So if they would offer some new DLC´s or any other Stuff for BF1 ..I would buy it..
  • herodes87
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People will still Play it.

In the Beta week (free Access) there were still 85 Servers in conquest only full with Players. And the Beta was for free and everyone could Play it. Thats a Bad sign for BFV but a good one for BF1.
  • -Antares65z
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    At 8:20am PST, I see 50,280 online for PC. Haven't seen that many in quite some time. Must be the free DLC packs thats drawing them in.
  • -Antares65z
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    In all likelyhood EA will gradually discontinue the servers and the game will die.

I've wondered about that too and what EA will do with all the official servers once BF5 drops. I would imagine they'll slowly start to turn them off. I've also wondered how long EA will continue to offer the RSP after BF5 launches. Rented servers will be the ones that keep this game running over the long run, at least for another year or two.

• RRedux
    616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've wondered about that too and what EA will do with all the official servers once BF5 drops. I would imagine they'll slowly start to turn them off. I've also wondered how long EA will continue to offer the RSP after BF5 launches. Rented servers will be the ones that keep this game running over the long run, at least for another year or two.

They are already shutting down servers. That's why there's been a huge influx of high-ping players on all servers for a while now. Just the centralized servers are left, so players from far away gets placed on central EU servers, and they get between 200-300 ping.

Just makes it worse for everybody.
  • eloktron
    RRedux wrote: »

They are already shutting down servers. That's why there's been a huge influx of high-ping players on all servers for a while now. Just the centralized servers are left, so players from far away gets placed on central EU servers, and they get between 200-300 ping.

But compare bf1 and bf4, bf4 still have an active player even that game release a year ago
  • von_Campenstein
    5694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    eloktron wrote: »

But compare bf1 and bf4, bf4 still have an active player even that game release a year ago

But but but why? Why do you compare BF1 to BF4, BF4 have rented servers whereas BF1 has crap rental servers, in fact just got kicked off one of them for pointing out how badly the server ran.
  • eloktron

But but but why? Why do you compare BF1 to BF4, BF4 have rented servers whereas BF1 has crap rental servers, in fact just got kicked off one of them for pointing out how badly the server ran.

Then make a feedback to EA and DICE so they can fix their server
  • Zooboid
    855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Had a 500, and a couple of 200+ pingers on a domination game earlier - blinking awful, kept getting what felt like one hit deaths and killed round corners.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Zooboid wrote: »

Had a 500, and a couple of 200+ pingers on a domination game earlier - blinking awful, kept getting what felt like one hit deaths and killed round corners.

I rather play bF 1 with 500 ping than BF V with 5 ping
  • von_Campenstein
    edited September 16

Then make a feedback to EA and DICE so they can fix their server

They've not been able to get it right since that legendary spring patch of 2017, I doubt a logged complaint from me at this stage will get them to shift their behinds into gear. In fact I'm banking on them thinking this quality servers is good enough for the regular player and that they've done the math and come to the conclusion that cost of good servers vs the amount of players they'll shed running just basic wasn't worth it.