Weekly Debrief

Violation (GAMEHACK) #81660 ?!

Zookex
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Hello there,

Since this morning, I'm struggling to join any server without getting kicked some minutes, I do have the same error for "violation (GAMEHACK)" number #81660, here is there entire text
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Zookex' (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (GAMEHACK) #81660

I never used hack of my life... And I played almost 400 hours without any trouble, the last time I openend the game was yesterday. I did a lot of things, I updated PunkBuster, installed it manually, desinstall it also, clear my register, but nothing worked...
Why ? By the way, I realized that an another guy just had the same problem a few hours ago : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/158561/violation-gamehack-81660#latest

I don't want to join my favorite server for the moment, fearing to be permantly banned...

Thanks.

Comments

• Zookex
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WTF Game ? My GUID is now banned, its insane :

Cheater banned by GGC-Stream.NET. Ban on GUID ***. Contact GGC-Stream.NET for details. [Admin Decision]

I never use anything suspect !
  • brotbhsosic
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    yeah what the hell I have the same thing happening to me never **** hacked in my life this is complete bs man,

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player '' (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (GAMEHACK) #81660
  • ThievenBalance
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Zookex wrote: »
    Hello there,

Since this morning, I'm struggling to join any server without getting kicked some minutes, I do have the same error for "violation (GAMEHACK)" number #81660, here is there entire text
    Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Zookex' (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (GAMEHACK) #81660

I never used hack of my life... And I played almost 400 hours without any trouble, the last time I openend the game was yesterday. I did a lot of things, I updated PunkBuster, installed it manually, desinstall it also, clear my register, but nothing worked...
    Why ? By the way, I realized that an another guy just had the same problem a few hours ago : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/158561/violation-gamehack-81660#latest

I don't want to join my favorite server for the moment, fearing to be permantly banned...

Thanks.

That links to my post. I tried replying on my post but it said it needed to be approved so not sure if my thread is going to be locked.

here is my last post on that thread that didn't show up in my reply to the previos post asking if it may have been possible some other "normal" software triggered the ban

The only other software I was using while playing was,

Xsplit Gamecaster to stream my gameplay live to Youtube.com

https://www.xsplit.com/

And,
    Foxtel GO TV streaming app for Foxtel on Windows 7 that uses Microsoft Silverlight

Direct link only click if you want to download the app.
    https://www.foxtel.com.au/content/dam/foxtel/shared/app/foxtel-go/setupFoxtelGo.exe

When I got banned I was live streaming my gameplay as in video posted in O.P and notice you can hear a movie playing. I was watching a movie on Foxtel.

I am wondering if the Foxtel Go app has something in it to make sure i'm not streaming their movie, as at this same time I was streaming my gameplay so Xsplit Gamecaster was running too and it jumps into open windows wanting to stream.

My Battlefield 3 game was in Windowed mode this is the first time I had used windowed mode I usually keep the game in fullscreen and the Foxtel app would shutdown by stopping the movie stream. It's a paid account no hacks but maybe it's an anti piracy thing in the Foxtel GO app that could have triggered my ban.

Not withstanding that I was not hacking in Battlefield 3 and I was not using any gamehack.

Foxtel have only just stopped supporting their Foxtel Go app for Windows7 and now have links to get customers to use Google Chrome or Safari.

This is the only activity I had on my PC at the time of the Punkbuster Ban
  • ELGUNGADOR
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    You're not the only one affected by this wrongful ban. I've been hit with this false positive since the 12th of September, appealed it and nothing as of yet.

I have made a comment on Scoobydoo's thread telling how I got wrongfully banned. My suspicion is due to the latest nVIDIA driver (391.01) that everyone had to download for the BF5 Beta.
  • backstreetpigs
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    ELGUNGADOR wrote: »
    You're not the only one affected by this wrongful ban. I've been hit with this false positive since the 12th of September, appealed it and nothing as of yet.

I have made a comment on Scoobydoo's thread telling how I got wrongfully banned. My suspicion is due to the latest nVIDIA driver (391.01) that everyone had to download for the BF5 Beta.

Maybe not. I did not download BF5 Beta and my nVIDIA driver is still at the 388.31 version yet I got the same ban.
  • ELGUNGADOR
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    ELGUNGADOR wrote: »

Maybe not. I did not download BF5 Beta and my nVIDIA driver is still at the 388.31 version yet I got the same ban.

Glad to know this isn't the only cause of triggering a false positive. Hopefully more people will talk about this.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2018
    Not the BFV beta or Nvidia driver. No one I know got banned for those. If it was causing the violation everyone with those things should be affected. Not Xsplit either.
    Tested xsplit again this afternoon, made a few recordings, nothing. Can you link the TV app that you were using? Or is that restricted to your region?
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • GrandNoobian
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Same here...i switched from BF4 to BF3...loaded up my fav server and BHAM...

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'GrandNoobian' (for 0 minutes) ... Violation (GAMEHACK) #81660

over a 1000 hours
    clean as a whistle.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/GrandNoobian/stats/404989032/pc/
  • SoupOfLegend
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018
    Sigh....so Im not the only one, complained everywhere and nothing.
    Yesterday decided to reinstall Windows7 from scratch, updated everything, latest AMD drivers, nothing open, just the browser and Origin...and GOT KICKED AGAIN WITH THE SAME RULE VIOLATION...!
    BTW its not happening with BF4, only with BF3.
    Im seriously considering closing my account and buying a new one, but it's terrifying to think the same error will happen...!
    "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'SoupOfLegend' (for 1200 minutes) ... PBBans.com enforced a previous MBi Ban for SoupOfLegend. [Admin Decision]"

-Opened ports in router.
    -Reinstalled windows 7 and updated.
    -Latest AMD drivers.
    -Only browser and Origin open.
    -Just in case opened task manager and closed some EMD ReLive processes (I didn't install ReLive anyways)
    -Complained in pbbans.com with a proper PB ticket: Still waiting.
    -Disabled everything Origin-related overlay pop-up, even mic and all you can disable.

STILL BEING KICKED, NEVER CHEATED OR EVEN CONSIDERED IT.
    (fun fact: servers are usually poblated with some cheaters, but we are the kicked ones, GREAT!)
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yesterday decided to reinstall Windows7 from scratch, updated everything, latest AMD drivers, nothing open, just the browser and Origin...and GOT KICKED AGAIN WITH THE SAME RULE VIOLATION...!
    Im seriously considering closing my account and buying a new one, but it's terrifying to think the same error will happen...!
    "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'SoupOfLegend' (for 1200 minutes) ... PBBans.com enforced a previous MBi Ban for SoupOfLegend. [Admin Decision]"

-Opened ports in router.
    -Latest AMD drivers.
    -Just in case opened task manager and closed some EMD ReLive processes (I didn't install ReLive anyways)
    -Disabled everything Origin-related overlay pop-up, even mic and all you can disable.

(fun fact: servers are usually poblated with some cheaters, but we are the kicked ones, GREAT!)

Join an official server. The kick you describe is one from PBBans, a 3rd party that has logged your initial kick and turned it into a ban. Official servers do not have 3rd party tools.
  • SoupOfLegend
    "a 3rd party that has logged your initial kick and turned it into a ban. Official servers do not have 3rd party tools"
    sorry, I don't understand that, what do you mean?
  • KILLA_U
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This happened to me as well on September 15th @ 2:48 p.m. / p.s.t. and put me on the MBi Index. The crazy thing is that I can join some servers in BF3 still that have punkbuster enabled however the servers most affected seem to be in my Favorites list. This has affected BF4 as well and had to cancel my pre purchase of BF5 anticipating this would not be resolved. To date filled out 2 tickets and wrote a letter to Evenbalance / Punk Buster Inc. No response yet as of 9/20/2018. ALL games on this account are now useless. Contacted Origin and the circle always leads back to contact Evenbalance. Not happy nor hopeful.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "a 3rd party that has logged your initial kick and turned it into a ban. Official servers do not have 3rd party tools"
    sorry, I don't understand that, what do you mean?

That means that the official servers that DICE provides will not have you banned. The private server that you were playing on and presumably banned from (unfairly) shares that ban with other services through PBBANS. Thus, you were banned from many servers.
  • SoupOfLegend
    @KILLA_U
    wait, so you can playa again with a new account?
    Im scared of buying it again and being scammed again :/
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018

-Opened ports in router.
    -Latest AMD drivers.

Join an official server. The kick you describe is one from PBBans, a 3rd party that has logged your initial kick and turned it into a ban. Official servers do not have 3rd party tools.

When you say official server, do you mean for bf4 or bf3. Been a while but if his ban is for BF3 then there is no official servers if I recall. Having said that he is also globally banned by EB.

Edit: having said that he may get affected by cross game bans from third parties in BF4 unless of course he joins official servers.
  • SoupOfLegend
    Question: the fact that scambuster only kicks me from BF3 is a sign it's an issue coming from them?
    I can play BF4 normally.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2018
    Question: the fact that scambuster only kicks me from BF3 is a sign it's an issue coming from them?
    I can play BF4 normally.

No, it would have only detected an alleged cheat that manipulates BF3 but not BF4. They are 2 different games.
  • SoupOfLegend
    edited September 2018
    Did this kind of inept disaster from scambuster ever happened before? I mean it affecting so many players. I don't know if to wait some time or just cancel my origin subscription. Being scammed doesnt feel nice tbh.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    Did this kind of inept disaster from scambuster ever happened before? I mean it affecting so many players. I don't know if to wait some time or just cancel my origin subscription. Being scammed doesnt feel nice tbh.

If you are stating this is an inept disaster by punkbuster and that you think you got scammed, you are going to need some evidence to backup your statements. Its not unusual that a percentage of players are banned for alleged cheating and within the same violation code. These are deamed as 'banwaves'.
  • SoupOfLegend
    "Its not unusual that a percentage of players are banned for alleged cheating and within the same violation code. These are deamed as 'banwaves'"
    Thats what I was asking, thanks.
    Does it resolves eventually?
This discussion has been closed.