Weekly Debrief

Good job on the `hit recognition` DICE

Red_Label_Scotch
1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
https://streamable.com/jdln8

MISS, MISS, MISS

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13021 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Chances are you're nowhere near his body.. Yes I know it's displaying the body for you there.. But it's client side, He may actually be 20 feet away..

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have noticed when spectating that I see guys reviving people that are nowhere near where it looks like they are.
    That being said, let`s assume you`re right, (and I think you are) what does that say about the game?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13021 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    If I'm right, I suspect it's either your client not syncing with the server or their client not syncing up..

This is why I've always had issue with client side things like this, Server side would have updated the ragdoll and body position and synced to all clients at the same time.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2033 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If I'm right, I suspect it's either your client not syncing with the server or their client not syncing up..

This is why I've always had issue with client side things like this, Server side would have updated the ragdoll and body position and synced to all clients at the same time.

I'm fairly sure you are off base on this one. Client side rag dolls means that by definition the what you see on your screen is where the body ended up on your client. This particular issue of not being able to revive is due to the undergrowth blocking the needle.
    I have noticed when spectating that I see guys reviving people that are nowhere near where it looks like they are.

This is because the rag dolls are client side for the spectator as well. Your game client computes the body location differently to the client of the player you are spectating.

• Matty101yttam
    958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah its the plant, anytime your revive state will end up inside an object it wont work, they probably should have removed it for these plants but for efficiency its probably set to a generic bit of code that handles everything the same.
    Keep in mind the bad effects if you could revive in things....you could slip beneath terrain and flag cap for instance, so its a case of better doing it this way.
    It's also a semi easy fix, you just need to destroy the plant(or boxes...it happens with those a lot)...boxes you can use any weapon, plant will probably need a grenade.
  • D5RAT
    2002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I find it "excuse the pun" hit and miss . Depends greatly on the server and the players on that server . One minute I cant shoot someone in the back at 10 meters ,next game I'm popping them off with the RSC every shot . Its to obvious to me to just blame coincidence as I would like to think I am fairly constant in my gameplay .
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    if they're not up in two jags & I can't rectify the problem breaking something, I just say sorry with the coms rose and move on, life's too short.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    IG-Calibre wrote: »
    if they're not up in two jags & I can't rectify the problem breaking something, I just say sorry with the coms rose and move on, life's too short.

I knew that I was recording, and I wanted to make a video and post it, due to being the contrarian that I am :)
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yeah, I miss the days you could rectify most problems hitting them with a crate & then reviving 'em..
  • Red_Label_Scotch

If it has this problem with items/elements that are not moving...what problem does it have with clients that are moving?