Weekly Debrief

Mg-42.

madman001able
611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Who is looking forward to playing with the 'buzzsaw'?

Just don't be this guy! 😆

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Noone gets the complete package, this guy was all balls no brains.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The guy up front is like "WTF are you doing Omar??"
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rambo supports OP, please nerf immediately.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^^^ When you're being sneaky on a nice flank, and some doofus squadmate spawns in on you
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    ^^^ When you're being sneaky on a nice flank, and some doofus squadmate spawns in on you

Don't underestimate support mains...
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MG 42 inside tank - Damage vehicels
    MG 42 in infantry hands - Can't damage vehicles

I never liked this logic. Was an big improvment that BF1 brough and BF V discarted without any reason...
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I never liked this logic. Was an big improvment that BF1 brough and BF V discarted without any reason...

Different ammo perhaps?
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Different ammo perhaps?

Maybe byt why infantry can't use incendiary/armor piercing/etc ammo on BF V? On BF 1 there are a LMG with incendiary ammo and K bullets for snipers...
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try not to look to shocked when the assault or recon class get the anti-tank rifle lol.
  • madman001able

Different ammo perhaps?

Maybe byt why infantry can't use incendiary/armor piercing/etc ammo on BF V? On BF 1 there are a LMG with incendiary ammo and K bullets for snipers...

I agree, it should damage the same stuff regardless of how it is used.
  • von_Campenstein

Different ammo perhaps?

In game balance issue, otherwise it's typically a cost issue. Maybe there are armorpiercing bullet upgrades in future patches. Had it been me I'd make it take up a gadget slot.
  • madman001able

Different ammo perhaps?

In game balance issue, otherwise it's typically a cost issue. Maybe there are armorpiercing bullet upgrades in future patches. Had it been me I'd make it take up a gadget slot.

That would be a cool option. I know ze german snipers were known to use explosive rounds now and then.
  • von_Campenstein

Different ammo perhaps?

That would be a cool option. I know ze german snipers were known to use explosive rounds now and then.

One of the major reasons they got executed when caught, using those on infantry.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry

Different ammo perhaps?

On BF1 i can take out planes with MG's(doesn't need a gadget) and the LMG that comes with incendiary ammo doesn't require an gadget too... Spitfires only had machine guns during Battle of Britain and managed to destroy some bf 109

Different ammo perhaps?

One of the major reasons they got executed when caught, using those on infantry.

On WW2 was prohibited to use it by international convensions?
  • von_Campenstein

Different ammo perhaps?

On BF1 i can take out planes with MG's(doesn't need a gadget) and the LMG that comes with incendiary ammo doesn't require an gadget too... Spitfires only had machine guns during Battle of Britain and managed to destroy some bf 109

Different ammo perhaps?

I guess it was just considered a **** move to use ammo designated for armor against soft targets.
  • madman001able
    Effective though. Germans and their damn efficiency.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry

Different ammo perhaps?

Different ammo perhaps?

I guess it was just considered a **** move to use ammo designated for armor against soft targets.

Depends. If someone have an AR500 body armor, i will not find "overkill" use armor piercing rounds against an human, against unarmored targets, hollow point is much more deadly than armor piercing... Armor piercing rounds tends to "transfer" less energy on soft target and pass trough more.

On Hardline for example "AP Tracer Rounds deal a greater amount of damage to armored targets and counteract the Armored Insert gadget, but deals less damage to unarmored targets. The accessory also gives each round a visible tracer path, allowing players to track their firing paths easier, although it also exposes their location to the enemy as a result" http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_Piercing_Rounds

Other game that i played who allow you to choose the type of ammo to use is Fallout new vegas. Armor piercing rounds ignore a lot of enemy armor, but tends to deal less damage than regular ammo, hollow point is the opposite.
  • madman001able
    edited October 2018

How do you know that it does not damage vehicles? We have yet to test it. The game is not even out yet! 😆
  • madman001able
    edited October 2018
    Well it appears that it will be what i hoped for lol. One month of waiting left though. 😒